PDA

View Full Version : Playing Elimination is awful.

Trbevis
08-06-2017, 10:58 AM
So this event has got me playing elimination again, obviously, and after every single match i play my opponent runs away to gank one of my team mates, i get there and its now two against me. When the game first come out elimination and brawl were by far my fsvourite modes, now they both sicken me. Elimination should be good, but with a fair percentage of the playerbase not even fighting fairly anymore what is the point? Or is this just me? hahaha

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Honestly if you are expecting duels, that is what duel is for. Some people queue for a 2v2 or a 4v4 expecting it to be a 2v2 or 4v4 not x(1v1).

Here is the thing that has always annoyed me about brawl (not so much one for elimination), it is the one and only place that I can get a team game without gear score, feats and boosts, there is no other game I can get that, can't get that in skirmish or dominion and all things being ideal I would spend a lot more time there than I do, but people who can get what they want elsewhere, 1v1 fights, have turned that game mode into one of the most toxic in the game.

XxHunterHxX
08-06-2017, 11:16 AM
You see this thing happening coz of the stupid order of ghet 3 wins...people play like scumbags just to win....

my tip is play berserker.....easy win with hem

Trbevis
08-06-2017, 11:34 AM
Candle i know it is a team game, it is 4v4 i get that, but what i like about elimination is that you all have the chance to beat your oppenent and then move on, this post is more a conplaint about people instantly running off and ganking like absolute scumbags. And about brawl what do you mean? Are you saying because they dont team up or they do? And cv yeah i wish that was true, but this is the reason i havnt played elimination since near launch, because nobody plays it correctly, you fight your oppenent, and then go help team, not other way around. In my eyes anyway, at the start thats how people used to play it, and it was an amazing mode

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 11:39 AM
Candle i know it is a team game, it is 4v4 i get that, but what i like about elimination is that you all have the chance to beat your oppenent and then move on, this post is more a conplaint about people instantly running off and ganking like absolute scumbags. And about brawl what do you mean? Are you saying because they dont team up or they do? And cv yeah i wish that was true, but this is the reason i havnt played elimination since near launch, because nobody plays it correctly, you fight your oppenent, and then go help team, not other way around. In my eyes anyway, at the start thats how people used to play it, and it was an amazing mode

Over brawl, what I am saying is it is the one place where people can work as a team where if someone is in purple armour and someone grey, it doesn't matter, where people can't get a whole extra life because they managed to spend long enough in one spot and where they can't throw a spear in your face the moment the match starts. But if I try to play it as a 2v2, odds are even my own partner will try to sabotage me.

Trbevis
08-06-2017, 11:41 AM
How can your partner sabotage you haha

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 11:46 AM

Ever seen the video where a Shugoki kept oni charging his own partner until one of the other team ledged him? Or how about the Warden that threw unlocked zones at a PK partner throughout the whole fight? As I said, people who insist they can't possibly use duel for 1v1s make brawl a toxic place to be.

Alustar.
08-06-2017, 11:57 AM

You obviously don't For Honor if you have to ask this.

Knight_Raime
08-06-2017, 12:07 PM
tbh the only thing I wasn't fond of was the lack of indicators. I liked no power ups gear or feats. and the single revive is also wonderful.
I missed realistic dominion. but I bet that would have been great.

tbh I kind of wish these sort of settings were default. and there was a seperate que called "party mode" where all that nonsense belongs.

Vakris_One
08-06-2017, 12:42 PM
As I said, people who insist they can't possibly use duel for 1v1s make brawl a toxic place to be.
I'm sorry Candle but that complaint is a two way street. There are people from both sides of the coin who make Brawl a toxic place, it's not just the ones wanting to have honourable fights. Ever seen the videos of players who run away from their opponent at the start to go and sneak ledge their teammates opponent and then they both proceed to pound on the remaining player. Then they spam chat with nonsense like "go 1v1 bro." as if they are oblivious to the scumminess of what they did.

People who play like scumbags make For Honor as a whole a toxic place. It's not just coming from one side.

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 12:47 PM
I'm sorry Candle but that complaint is a two way street. There are people from both sides of the coin who make Brawl a toxic place, it's not just the ones wanting to have honourable fights. Ever seen the videos of players who run away from their opponent at the start to go and sneak ledge their teammates opponent and then they both proceed to pound on the remaining player. Then they spam chat with nonsense like "go 1v1 bro." as if they are oblivious to the scumminess of what they did.

People who play like scumbags make For Honor as a whole a toxic place. It's not just coming from one side.

Fair enough, that is scummy, in general what I want is a 2v2 target switching dustup so I don't fall into that camp either, by the sounds of it it is essentially two 2v1s which isn't fun to me either. As I said it is annoying for me in general because the game has a set of things I cannot get anywhere else so I will give that I only tend to see one side of it in my in-game experience.

That_guy44
08-06-2017, 12:51 PM
The objective is to win. Last week I had a bot for a teammate in brawl. I ended up going 7-2 and winning because the other team stood by and tried to duel me 1v1. I wish there was a chat option for incoming or watch your back. I always expect the gank but I know a lot of people don't and they don't know how to cope until I get there. The only game mode you should fully expect 1v1 is duels. You can't be upset for folks not playing by your specific guidelines.

Vakris_One
08-06-2017, 01:21 PM
Fair enough, that is scummy, in general what I want is a 2v2 target switching dustup so I don't fall into that camp either, by the sounds of it it is essentially two 2v1s which isn't fun to me either. As I said it is annoying for me in general because the game has a set of things I cannot get anywhere else so I will give that I only tend to see one side of it in my in-game experience.
I can understand that. Personally I tend to prefer fighting my opponent alone and then watching how the fight goes for my teammate but I don't mind helping my teammate if he asks for it. Duel is too solitary and not very interesting after a while, whereas Brawl is a coop mode and thus more fun cos you get players there that do funny stuff and make comments while they watch. Also basically people get to show off their skills in front of others - I actually learn quite a bit from watching a good teammate fight in Brawl/Elim.

The reason I don't particularly like gang bangs in the closed off mode like Brawl is because too many of the characters can put you in a state whereby their teammate gets free damage on you and it becomes like a cutscene until you are dead - it feels far too cheap and not really any fun. The Shugo hug for example, his teammate can pound on you while you are on the Shugo's shoulders all the way till you drop to the ground. Or if a Valk blindsides you and trips you up in front of their Cent teammate, the Cent does his ground stab on you and the Valk finishes you off with a free top heavy.

Vakris_One
08-06-2017, 01:25 PM
You can't be upset for folks not playing by your specific guidelines.
Indeed. That goes for both camps. However scummy play is still scummy play - like running away at the start to go ledge your teammate's opponent.

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 04:19 PM
The reason I don't particularly like gang bangs in the closed off mode like Brawl is because too many of the characters can put you in a state whereby their teammate gets free damage on you and it becomes like a cutscene until you are dead - it feels far too cheap and not really any fun. The Shugo hug for example, his teammate can pound on you while you are on the Shugo's shoulders all the way till you drop to the ground. Or if a Valk blindsides you and trips you up in front of their Cent teammate, the Cent does his ground stab on you and the Valk finishes you off with a free top heavy.

Yeah that is a thing with crowd control in general, they are trying to fix the CC stacking issues but honestly I wish there was something in place where only one person, whether the initiator or another, would benefit from crowd control. Especially since some of the crowd controls you would risk hitting an ally, anyone sending a strong hit when someone is on an ally's shoulder, for example, is likely to hit him or at the least the impact will screw him up a bit, or the valk trip, if two people at once are going for a grounded opponent, one of them going in front of the other, someone is going to get hit.

I am not an honour player by any means and I take any team ups on me in the same spirit I team up on others, it is what it is, but crowd control as a whole can be very sucky. The valk and centurion combo you mentioned certainly, I got pinned by two centurions after a valk trip and if that hadn't killed me I would still have had an unblockable undodgable valk heavy as I was standing.

S0Mi_xD
08-06-2017, 04:26 PM
my tip is play berserker.....easy win with hem

Lol, berserker has one of the most telegraphed movesets xD

Trbevis
08-06-2017, 04:29 PM
Brawl is much more fun for me as two 1v1s, i used to love it when the game first came out. 1v1 is literally full of cheesing s******s which i get no enjoyment out of, but now those scumbags have paired up for brawl, im literally stuck in dominion atm, which gets boring fast, i massivly miss the realistic dominion, which is why i was looking forwars to realistic elimination.... until i spent them games running after cowards.

And to whoever said i obviously dont for honor if im asking that, ive never had a teamate in brawl try amd ruin my fight lol but i dont often go into brawl without a mate, its only reason i play it really.