PDA

View Full Version : Hype Train: Plain old regular or Super Ultra Gold

Grymmstrife
08-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Curious to know which version of the game people have bought. I know that there is that Coon Mobile one. I got the Gold Edition because it said it has a season pass but what about all of you?

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 07:51 AM
Just the regular one. I would like to buy some other one, but Christ are they expensive. I can afford it I'm just a cheapskate.

http://i.imgur.com/6fP2xcn.png

I would like to get this merely for the costumes, and the artifacts could be neat too, but it's exlusive to whatever the hell EB is.

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 03:00 PM
I think it might be EB games but I don't know where one would be. It would be worth ti just for the season pass. I am assuming that since they sell an edition with the pass that we'll get something more than just costumes like before. I actually had the normal edition almost paid off before I said **** it and started paying off the Gold one instead. Fully paid at Gamestop for over a month now.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 03:51 PM
What exactly is the season pass and what does it do?

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 04:01 PM
Well normally the season pass for a game will cover all or a portion of all dlc usually meeting or exceeding the value of the pass. Like for Fallout 4 I bought the season pass when it was 30 dollars and the content covered was over 50 total. It's probably cheaper now but the idea is the same. Full game for me is 59.99 us dollars and the gold edition was 100 so we should get at least 40 dollars worth of extra content or a lot of people will be getting refunds in the future.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 04:47 PM
"Gold Edition, which includes the game & the season pass giving you access to all additional digital content that will be released for South Park The Fractured But Whole"

So if I got that right, any future DLC will be free if you have the pass? Damn dude, thanks for telling me, I immediately changed my order from the regular to Gold Edition. 100 dollars though? I know it's a different currency, but the Gold Edition on Amazon UK costs 64.99. That's gotta be around 80 dollars.

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 04:53 PM
The pros are good and the only con I can think of is if we get screwed and like 10 dollars or less in costumes is all we get.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 05:15 PM
Does anyone know if the Towelie bonus content is still in all pre-orders? I'm just wondering because in order to get the Gold Edition I had to cancel my old order which was placed on September 7th 2016, and I can't find anything even mentioning Towelie on the page.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 05:20 PM
Order through amazon btw

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 05:24 PM
I know that Towlie is still mentioned on the gamestop page but it is hard to tell if it is still a thing or if they gave up and stopped updating the page.

Grymmstrife
08-06-2017, 05:28 PM
Just checked Amazon for the gold edition on Ps4 and Pc and the ps4 page showed me the picture for the bonus and the short description we always had. The pc version had a single line of text about it in the product description.

TheChrisTBH
08-06-2017, 09:18 PM
The pros are good and the only con I can think of is if we get screwed and like 10 dollars or less in costumes is all we get.

Don't have a source on this, but someone told me that they've confirmed that future DLC will be story wise and not just costumes and perks. His words. I guess additional side quests could be done, but actuall add to the plot? Doesn't sound like Matt & Trey.

Grymmstrife
08-07-2017, 12:16 AM
I suppose it wouldn't be too bad if the costumes were worth something lol.

Grymmstrife
08-07-2017, 03:57 PM
I kind of wish there was an EB in my area because that edition looks cool.

Grymmstrife
08-08-2017, 03:21 PM
To add on to my last post it doesn't look like the Gold Edition I bought is going to come with anything special other than the Season pass.

TheChrisTBH
08-08-2017, 08:25 PM
Just checked Amazon for the gold edition on Ps4 and Pc and the ps4 page showed me the picture for the bonus and the short description we always had. The pc version had a single line of text about it in the product description.

I actually went back to check and it's there, with an image of Towelie next to it. I could swear it was not there when I ordered two days ago. Heck I would've noticed the Towelie picture.

To add on to my last post it doesn't look like the Gold Edition I bought is going to come with anything special other than the Season pass.

The description on Amazon also says it has "The Costume & Perk pack".

Grymmstrife
08-08-2017, 08:48 PM
I googled the difference between the editions and found a page that described all 5 of them. Theres the regular, the gold edition which is digital only, the gold steelbook, the collectors, and the gold collectors. I must have bought the steelbook because it cost me 99.

TheChrisTBH
08-09-2017, 07:14 AM
The gold edition is digital only? My Amazon order says it will "arrive" between October 18th - 20th, so I'm not sure how that works. If it is only digital I'm gonna be pissed off, I want the physical cover, what the hell man.

TheChrisTBH
08-09-2017, 07:15 AM
The Fractured But Whole website says the gold edition is "Available digitally on console via the Xbox One Store or PlayStation Store". So I think my order is a physical copy.

Grymmstrife
08-09-2017, 07:31 AM
Its starting to confuse me. The normal page on gamestop's site doesn't mention anything but the base game for me. The page for the gold edition mentions all the things we've already discussed. There is no page for the steelbook edition but it still shows it on the gold edition page so I don't know whether thats what I really got or not. I might have to call in and ask them because I doubt its the season pass alone bridging the gap between the 60 dollar normal version and the 100 I paid. Unless I'm underestimating Ubi and they are going to give us 40 dollars worth of content.

Grymmstrife
08-09-2017, 07:32 AM
Ok nevermind I think I got it figured out by re-reading the things on Amazon. There is a "regular" digital only Gold edition for 89.99 then the Steelbook gold edition that for some reason is just titled Gold Edition which is what I think we ordered.

TheChrisTBH
08-09-2017, 10:42 AM
This is so confusing, but the UK site which is what I've ordered from has the options of Regular, Gold and Steelbook. Doesn't seem like the Steelbook has the season pass on Amazon.co.uk though.

Grymmstrife
08-09-2017, 04:05 PM
So then it is safe to say that this is a cluster**** then lol. But we're getting the game which is important.

TheChrisTBH
08-09-2017, 05:23 PM
I've pretty much got my stuff sorted out. The Towelie bonus content is there, although for some reason I couldn't see it on the page when I ordered a few days ago, and it is a physical copy.

I'm gonna be a little disappointed if the image for the Gold Edition is the actual cover for the game, as I much prefer the original.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81nqhJSmMeL._SY550_.jpghttps://images-eu.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/816C8pq0wkL._SL1500_.jpg

Not that if affects anything, I just think it's prettier.

Grymmstrife
08-09-2017, 08:30 PM
Well we don't have as much time left to wait as we did when I started that countdown thread so we'll have the game in our hands in no time. Then we got Gamescom in two-ish weeks so we won't be starved for information hopefully.

Grymmstrife
08-11-2017, 04:23 AM
I would have liked one of the editions with the rc Coon but my Gamestop didn't have any.

SMODfan
08-11-2017, 05:24 PM
I ordered the Amazon bundle with the RC Coon when they announced it, Amazon does 20% off preorders for prime members so I got it for around $150ish I think: https://static.gamespot.com/uploads/original/1179/11799911/3097545-fractured.jpg

Grymmstrife
08-11-2017, 05:57 PM
I only did it through Gamestop because I had some store credit on my card and i could pay a bit as I go but yeah I wanted that version lol.

TheChrisTBH
08-11-2017, 11:42 PM
The Coon mobile by itself is available on the Ubisoft store. I bought the 3 figure bundle last week.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGvhHOxWAAIAy9M.jpg
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DGvhJLpWAAIsmR8.jpg

Grymmstrife
08-12-2017, 05:42 AM
Yeah I'm going to have to get those. They look too good to not get.

Squeakymm
08-13-2017, 04:21 PM
Me i just got the 90$ version not sure what i get i got mine from Steam

Grymmstrife
08-14-2017, 12:31 AM
Yeah it is a bit of confusion for me too because the steam page lists the gold edition for 89.99 and I got the Gold edition from gamestop and it cost me 100. So unless they are charging more for the physical edition idk. I do know that we'll be getting season pass with our versions and the Towlie thing but beyond that its a mystery.

UbiVertigo
08-14-2017, 06:13 PM
This (https://southpark.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/buy/index.aspx) might help, but I suspect most of you have already checked. Prices will vary by region, but shouldn't vary much (or at all) within a region from retailer to retailer.

Grymmstrife
08-14-2017, 06:21 PM
Yeah I think I got the Steelbook edition.

TheChrisTBH
10-06-2017, 10:12 PM
Uhhh okay so for the heck of it I decided to check the game out on Gamestop and apparently there's also a Deluxe Edition which supposedly includes 20 Minutes of Cut Scenes DLC... Limited in vailability apparently. 20 minutes of extra cutscenes? The heck? There's nothing like that on the Gold Edition on amazon... 20 minutes of additional cutscenes is quite a lot. I want that. This is all so confusing there are like a million different editions that differ in each region and store.

Seeing as it literally says DLC, hopefully those additional 20 minutes will be available for download?

EDIT: I realize now that it says CUT ...... SCENES and not cutscenes. So maybe it's scenes that were cut? If that's what they meant than it doesn't bother me as much, although I'd still like to see it.

Grymmstrife
10-07-2017, 04:22 AM
Yeah all the different editions were kind of confusing so I just preordered the gold steelbook and payed it off at Gamestop. Preorder and forget it lol.

TheChrisTBH
10-11-2017, 04:13 PM
I never stopped to think about it but should I pre-order it digitally from the Xbox Store? That would mean I can actually play on the 17th. Although I do like having a physical copy.

Brunadas
10-11-2017, 05:09 PM
I will get the standard edition because then I need to sell it to buy AC. Sadly don't have the money to buy both games but I do want to play both games,so that's the way I found I can play both.

Later on,if Dlcs are good perhaps I will buy again cheap to buy the dlcs.

Grymmstrife
10-11-2017, 06:47 PM
I may have to wait until I can get a ride on the 17th but I will be keeping my Gold Steelbook edition. I've never been able to afford a special edition of a game before so I don't want to sell it.

SMODfan
10-12-2017, 01:48 PM
I will be monitoring the shipping on the 17th and if it is delivered before the end of my work day I will be going home sick that day...Also my fiance is away on business the 17th-18th so I will hae ve plenty of uninterrupted play time! And roll my coonmobile down the street like a boss

Grymmstrife
10-12-2017, 06:39 PM
Lol go buy an adult-sized Coon big wheel.

Squeakymm
10-12-2017, 08:17 PM
I have no clue after i upgraded on steam The original Version was 80$ then i got what Steam Calls Gold edition for 110$ so not sure what im entitled to yet lol