PDA

View Full Version : Playing without other players and why i almost left For Honor for good.

topeira1980
08-05-2017, 09:13 PM
I am a father to a new born girl who was born in march. i had a K\D ration of about 8.0 for the first couple of weeks when the game came out but then my adorable lump of smiles was born and now i can barely play 30 minutes without having to get up and help the baby or my wife. now, i'd say my K\D ratio is about 0.1 in duels and maybe 0.3 in dominion.
For some reason the game consider me on par with other players even though my total reputation is 1 while everyone else is above 30 or 40. go figure this game's matchmaking...
i dont get to practice much nor improve my skills, i get my arse chopped into little pieces and handed to me with my own blood as gravy against other humans (at least i brawls and deuls. IM kinda OK in dominion) and the easiest way to get kills is to steal other players kills, and i dont do it. if i come across 2 other players fight - i stand and wait until one is dead to join in. but that's hardly fun. especially when while im waiting - someone else comes along and does what i refrain from doing and joins the fight.
so i wish to play against the AI, which is terrific in this game... but playing against the AI with other players mean they go out there like a freight train and gank on the AIs. while im in the middle of a fun fight against an AI - here come 2 human players and run it over, taking my fun away. i dont get to have a lot of fun with the game.

The only place i DO get to have a lot of fun is the Costum match where i set up my own rules, play against BOTs level 2 or 3 and do what i wish i could do in this game - have fights on even ground without players exploitint the game or my own weaknesses as a player or taking my kills.
So i dont play this game very often because it doesnt cater to the mediocre players enough. to the weaker players who arent as good as those who are reputation 40 or what not.
Sadly, i cant rank up in cstum matches nor get new gear.

I have very little incentive to play any more.
I wish that FH either had modes to cater more to PVE (not PVP matches that work well with AI, but fully dedicated PVE game modes that arent the linear restrictive story) or a way to play against the AI with no human team mates and still rank up.
While you can say that FH is a PVP game and tough break for me, i can say that UBI tries its best with developing a really really good AI here so people CAN play PVE and have a good time... So it looks like they WANT the game to cater to the mediocre gamers like myself... but perhaps didnt figure out how exactly.

Anyone else in my boat as well or am i alone here?

psyminion
08-05-2017, 09:57 PM
you can turn matchmaking OFF on the vs AI in the match parameters before you start the mode :)

XxHunterHxX
08-05-2017, 11:14 PM
You go to dominion select Player vs AI then press F3 if you ir on PC and you enter the Parameters setting page here you click the Player vs Ai and it will say in the middle of the screen Matchmacke Off and lower Join in Progress Off and then you can press play and be just you vs bots with a team of bots o play like that all the time level up easy and have fun doing it no disconnects no problems :) and in the game if you press escape you make it pause the whole game so you can take care of your baby :D

topeira1980
08-06-2017, 08:52 AM
thanks for the tip, guys!
i cant believe i didnt discover that there is an option in the matchmaking screen that i can change.

and i can PAUSE!!! you cant imagine the joy in that! now, if the baby's on fire i can actually save her instead of finishing the match first and seeing if its charcoal or salvageable.

I still wish there was a game mode for PVE, with random objectives (close this gate, kill this OP enemy boss, take over this point, grab this powerup etc) where there are more AIs than players and that they start as level 1 with little health and as they die they slowly spawn new enemies that are higher difficulty and higher health. its possible and doable and fun taking out 2 AIs if you are either really good (which im usually not THAT lucky, but it happens) or if they have some disadvantage. and its rteally fun.

XxHunterHxX
08-06-2017, 10:03 AM
No problem man and you can have alot of fun just you and the bots as long as you dont chese the win they ir actualy more fun to play vs then players and you can even level up caracters as much as you want granted you ghet less xp and steel

in dominion you ghet 600 xp if you win i think and 400 vs bots and steel you ghet 40 vs players 20 vs bots so its ok it woldnt hurt if it was more but beggers cant be chosers :) im prestige 95 or so on my account i have allmost all my caracters to prestige 8 or 7 and i did all of that vs bots coz you dont ghet disconnected you or have server problems or troll players and you can play in peace and doing the orders is easy vs bots thers no players to steel your kills or ghet in your way :)

+ now they fixed duel and brawl it will give you rewards they said soon so you will even be abale to do some duels vs ai to practice and even ghet some rewards out of it :)

so i think they ir trying to help people that like pve just as much as people that like pvp some people say i hate this game and stuff but i dont im just like you i enjoy the game i payed 100 euros to preorder it i want the game to be better and more fun for me and the more people critic the game the better the game becomes rather then saying yeah its fine as it is people screamed for 5 months dedicated servers and we will finaly ghet them in 5-6 months but we will ghet them :D

and i dont have that much time to play the game eather i mostly play for like 5 hours in a good day mostly i ghet 2 hours in or so to do the orders :) so i ghet what you mean with limited time :)

and you can play all game modes just you and the ai

elimination/skirmish/dom/brawl/duel all of them have fun :)

Patient_Fodder
08-06-2017, 10:45 AM
Just don't pause too long, I got kicked playing on my own v ai when accepting a parcel for the neighbours ....

XxHunterHxX
08-06-2017, 10:55 AM
i think you ghet like a solid good 4-5 minutes i allways have time to grab a drink or go to the toilet

topeira1980
08-06-2017, 10:58 AM
its nice to know. :)

i dont need to level up fast. just have some sense of progression and unlock a new gear part once in a while and get steel so i can unlock a new hero in season 3. i suspect i will like the highlander.
i only play about 1 or 2 hours a day, in a good day. not more. but its enough to complete a few orders.

The only thing i wish they improved in this manner is allow us to customize the rules a bit like in a costum match. i really like HIGH damage mode. more than normal. it makes fights really fast and lethal and make 1v2 or 1v3 more rare since the fights often end before another warrior joins the fight. and i prefer fighting bots level 2 and level 3 and right now, solo against the AI, i only fight bots level 2 and sometimes 1.
i hope to become better by fighting the AI and i do feel im improving in reading the enemy's movements and countering them, but i wont improve fast enough if i only fight level 2 bots until im prestiege 1000 or whatever.

Tell me something, CV_Eviler , if you can be hoest here - as a player with really high prestiege with so many heros and so much experience - How are you against humans? do you have a decent chance in defeating other humans or are you mostly good against the bots? because, lets face it - bots are easier. i can defeate bots level 3, but humans just tear me a new one :P i only have 1 hero im prestiege 1 with and the rest - not even that. so i have a very long way to go, but i cant see myself get good enough with my somewhat older age (37) and little gaming time that is divided between a few games. not just FH.

Trbevis
08-06-2017, 11:04 AM
Unfortunatly very few people play as honorable as you do, i wish everyone did but in team games i expect it more, i agree fully that they would expand the ai modes ect, pvp is just cheesing by scumbags and very few very enjoyable games, if pvp is toxic why cant they add big coop modes ect, thats what i want anyway haha

XxHunterHxX
08-06-2017, 11:10 AM
its nice to know. :)

i dont need to level up fast. just have some sense of progression and unlock a new gear part once in a while and get steel so i can unlock a new hero in season 3. i suspect i will like the highlander.
i only play about 1 or 2 hours a day, in a good day. not more. but its enough to complete a few orders.

The only thing i wish they improved in this manner is allow us to customize the rules a bit like in a costum match. i really like HIGH damage mode. more than normal. it makes fights really fast and lethal and make 1v2 or 1v3 more rare since the fights often end before another warrior joins the fight. and i prefer fighting bots level 2 and level 3 and right now, solo against the AI, i only fight bots level 2 and sometimes 1.
i hope to become better by fighting the AI and i do feel im improving in reading the enemy's movements and countering them, but i wont improve fast enough if i only fight level 2 bots until im prestiege 1000 or whatever.

Tell me something, CV_Eviler , if you can be hoest here - as a player with really high prestiege with so many heros and so much experience - How are you against humans? do you have a decent chance in defeating other humans or are you mostly good against the bots? because, lets face it - bots are easier. i can defeate bots level 3, but humans just tear me a new one :P i only have 1 hero im prestiege 1 with and the rest - not even that. so i have a very long way to go, but i cant see myself get good enough with my somewhat older age (37) and little gaming time that is divided between a few games. not just FH.

Well what i found out is that if you jump from caracter to caracter it will help you learn what each caracter will do BUT will not help you ghet better at the game

what i did afther i played all the caracters i selected a "class" like im only good with assasins not that great with heavy or hibrind classes vanguards ir ok just not my play stile to slow for me with assasins you can jump in to the fight doge rather then block or deflect if you ir bold enough :)

so once you select a "class" you can only play that class if you play assasin alot you wont be good with heavy lets say coz you ir used to doge rather then block or parry and since this game is a muschle memory game you will want to parry but your instincts say deflect or doge so it will screw with you to much but if you pick a class you can play all the caracters in that class since most of the moves ir kinda the same most assasins have a doge atack like shinobie has doge kick in to heavy pk has doge in to heavy light bleed berserker has doge in to light in to heavy mix up so its easy to pick them up and play them for me since they ir in my type of playstile

but at some point you need to pick 1 main caracter and just be the best with it i know it might ghet booring playing the same caracter over and over again but once you play a caracter to lets say prestige 5-7 you will see its relly easy to play vs players even 2 v 1 some times coz you ghet used to the timing of parry or doge or deflect i have no problems as a shinobie to beat any caracter unles they turtle up and parry/block/gb me alot since i play agresive i lose easy vs turtle i dont have the pacients to w8 for them to atack.....

so the nr 1 tip is in this game NEVER atack first if you have the pacients to w8 your enemy out once they atack its easy to counter them and win.....but i just dont like playing like that

just like all other fighing games the more you play the better you ir at the game

lots of people say centurion is to op i think he is easy to counter

at the start he can do 2 things heavy charge or kick or feint in to gb so just stay away w8 for hem to atack doge gb and beat hem up :) easy win

Nexo.C
08-06-2017, 03:28 PM
i think you ghet like a solid good 4-5 minutes i allways have time to grab a drink or go to the toilet
When i pause in vsAI matches i get disconnecetd due to inactivity after 30 seconds. Dont know why it is so short for me (bug?) . 4-5 minutes would be fine but 30 seconds are way to short.

RatedChaotic
08-06-2017, 04:00 PM
I take off the fight hud aswell in my AI games. It makes it more challenging. I know exactly how you feel, OP. Now that you found that you can take MM off. You should be back to having fun.

The only issue I have playing vs bots is all my bots are bot lvl 2s and they seem stuck there. Even winning most of my games they still wont switch to lvl3s.The only times I get to fight lvl3s is in custom games but like you said. Theres no rewards there.

topeira1980
08-06-2017, 06:19 PM
oh man, that's what i was worried about.

What prestige are you?

i only encountered level 3 bots in 4v4 matches with other players that were prestige 40 or 50 or something.

and the fact that the game considers me on-par with players with this kind of prestige while im prestiege 1 (they are 40 times more experienced than me. 40 times!!!!!!) makes me certain someone is smoking some strong stuff at UBI offices. i am pretty sure that if you are on a prestige 2 or 3, TOPS, on a certain warrior than you are ready for bots lvl3. even if not ALL bots on the opposite team are lvl3, at least 1 or 2 should be.

RatedChaotic
08-06-2017, 06:42 PM
Im rep 17 and havent ran into a bot lvl3 yet in any of my AI games. They are mostly lvl2s with 1s mixed in. I'm not the best player but lvl 2 bots are boring to fight constantly. Atleast lvl3s throw feints in. We should be able to choose what lvl of bots we wanna fight in multiplayer AI games with MM off.

Alustar.
08-06-2017, 07:11 PM
Well what i found out is that if you jump from caracter to caracter it will help you learn what each caracter will do BUT will not help you ghet better at the game

what i did afther i played all the caracters i selected a "class" like im only good with assasins not that great with heavy or hibrind classes vanguards ir ok just not my play stile to slow for me with assasins you can jump in to the fight doge rather then block or deflect if you ir bold enough :)

so once you select a "class" you can only play that class if you play assasin alot you wont be good with heavy lets say coz you ir used to doge rather then block or parry and since this game is a muschle memory game you will want to parry but your instincts say deflect or doge so it will screw with you to much but if you pick a class you can play all the caracters in that class since most of the moves ir kinda the same most assasins have a doge atack like shinobie has doge kick in to heavy pk has doge in to heavy light bleed berserker has doge in to light in to heavy mix up so its easy to pick them up and play them for me since they ir in my type of playstile

but at some point you need to pick 1 main caracter and just be the best with it i know it might ghet booring playing the same caracter over and over again but once you play a caracter to lets say prestige 5-7 you will see its relly easy to play vs players even 2 v 1 some times coz you ghet used to the timing of parry or doge or deflect i have no problems as a shinobie to beat any caracter unles they turtle up and parry/block/gb me alot since i play agresive i lose easy vs turtle i dont have the pacients to w8 for them to atack.....

so the nr 1 tip is in this game NEVER atack first if you have the pacients to w8 your enemy out once they atack its easy to counter them and win.....but i just dont like playing like that

just like all other fighing games the more you play the better you ir at the game

lots of people say centurion is to op i think he is easy to counter

at the start he can do 2 things heavy charge or kick or feint in to gb so just stay away w8 for hem to atack doge gb and beat hem up :) easy win

This a very accurate portrayal of how things should work if a player is looking to increase their personal skill threshold, ideally you'd want at least a measure of playtime with classes you don't use frequently so you understand their mechanics. I frequently go into a training match with classes that give me trouble (kensei, cent, warlord and orochi mainly now) so that I keep up with their moves, buffs/nerfs and have a better understanding of combos.

topeira1980
08-10-2017, 10:17 AM
i agree.

bots level 2 are fun for me, but my own level is something around level 3, so i wish i could have some lvl 2 and lvl 3 mix. at least, even though i usualy hae about 4.0 k\d ration against level 2s, matches tend to be close enough that i dont take winning for granted and i really need to put my weight in order to win. so its fun.

and my game disconnects if i pause it for too long which is a HUGE shame, because i need to pause almost every 30 minutes for different amounts of time so i fail to even complete every third match or so. annoying.
[b]if i can pause i game, why on earth cant i pause for however long i want?!?[/b\]

T_Sesh
08-10-2017, 03:01 PM
To your question about fighting players and the dominion mode - you're really playing the wrong mode if you're the type to stand around around wait for players to finish fighting each other. The mode is about taking and denying capture points from the other team, it is not 4 1v1s and it is an extremely rare thing for people to stand around and wait for you, as you have seen. The fun of dominion (atleast, the fun I personally have with it), is in quickly dispatching other players before their team has a chance to gank me, or successfully fighting off two or more players at once. This can be extremely frustrating for newer players, or those who are less skilled, and its why I always suggest they fight lvl 3 bots until they are able to crush them without much issue - then you will be of a base level of skill that should prepare you for dominion with other players (in my opinion). If you can do that, then chances are you'll be able to at least be top 2 or 3 on your team consistently.