PDA

View Full Version : " Mistel Go BOOM!"

jamesdietz
03-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Well I've tried & tried to get the Mistel off the ground & all I've managed to do is make large ( sorry - make that very large ...)smoking holes all over my airfield as this combo has rolled down & off the runway like some crazed elephant bent on destroying all in its path( & making myself very unpopular with the few AI survivors left "alive"- certainly it doesn't matter to my FB alter ego- certainly blown into very tiny pieces......) or ( if lucky) rolling at an extremely fast rate over the surrounding country sige - it does this whether I fly it or I go to automatic pilot...Tho madly hilarious , I would like to eventually test this ...this ...well ...whatever symbiotic relationship of an aircraft/ flying bomb it is before going back gratefully to my Messerschmitt Staffel( if I live)....Can one of you boffins ( Or German equivalent type- does any one know the German equivalent word?)help me out on what is clearly a one way mission - still I'd like to at least get off the airfield....

jamesdietz
03-06-2004, 10:22 AM
Well I've tried & tried to get the Mistel off the ground & all I've managed to do is make large ( sorry - make that very large ...)smoking holes all over my airfield as this combo has rolled down & off the runway like some crazed elephant bent on destroying all in its path( & making myself very unpopular with the few AI survivors left "alive"- certainly it doesn't matter to my FB alter ego- certainly blown into very tiny pieces......) or ( if lucky) rolling at an extremely fast rate over the surrounding country sige - it does this whether I fly it or I go to automatic pilot...Tho madly hilarious , I would like to eventually test this ...this ...well ...whatever symbiotic relationship of an aircraft/ flying bomb it is before going back gratefully to my Messerschmitt Staffel( if I live)....Can one of you boffins ( Or German equivalent type- does any one know the German equivalent word?)help me out on what is clearly a one way mission - still I'd like to at least get off the airfield....

Gibbage1
03-06-2004, 10:26 AM
Mistel does NOT work with autopilot at all. Dont even try to turn it on. When the game starts, so will the Mistel. Just throttle it and head down the runway and take off manually. I have never had a problem taking if off. Im guessing you are turning autopilot on at first, and then turning it off when things go bad. If so, I am guessing the autopilot messes with the throttle and prop pitch, and then when you turn it off, you cant lift up because the prop pitch is all buggered. Try it without the autopilot and see if you get better luck.

Bull_Pup
03-06-2004, 11:16 AM
and some positive elevator trim doesnt hurt.

roybaty
03-06-2004, 12:38 PM
Anyone get the AI Mistel to attack? I've been trying to get one to attack a bridge to no avail.

-------------- QUICK SPECS --------------

-------------- HARDWARE --------------

MOTHERBOARD: Asus A7N266c
PROCESSOR: AMD XP2000@1.7 Ghz
SOUNDCARD: SB Live, Gamer 5.1
VIDEO CARD: PNY nVidia Ti4400/128
RAM: 1 Gig 2100 DDR
HOTAS 1: Thrustmaster COUGAR
HOTAS 2: Saitek X36
PEDALS: CH Pro Pedals USB
OTHER INPUT: Track IR2

-------------- SOFTWARE --------------

VOICE COMMAND: Shoot 1.6
DX Ver: 9b

Gato-Loco
03-06-2004, 03:05 PM
The AI mistel does not attack. See the readme file.

jensenpark
03-06-2004, 04:23 PM
All I've managed to do is blow up my ai wingmen when I release this beast.

Oh well...serves them right.

http://images.ucomics.com/images/doonesbury/strip/thecast/duke2.jpg

"Death before unconsciousness" - Uncle Duke

jamesdietz
03-06-2004, 05:32 PM
Oh yeah - Take-off flaps help huh? Forgot those ! couldn't find bridge somehow - but that little town won't soon forget the large Boom on th outskirts ...WOW!!!!
'