PDA

View Full Version : Salty (and bad) players ruin the game.

SweetBear_
08-05-2017, 11:35 AM
First of all, sorry for my bad english.
I just wanted to bring it back one thing that happened to me in my last game.
Dominion, i pick up the centurion. In the lobby, before the game start insults alredy started, hoping me cancer and other funny things.
The game start and they continue: Cancer, noob, you have to pay for win, nooburion, i hope you die ecc...
The atmosphere of the match was clear.
So i kill all of them several times, they cannot even dodge or parry a single strike, but they are good player, is centurion to be broken.
They go broke and attack me in 3. I kill all of them and... they report me.:(
This community is pure toxic, and the game is dying for this people.
Again, sorry for my eng.

CandleInTheDark
08-05-2017, 11:42 AM
I think they said in the last stream that on the season 3 patch on the 15th the privacy settings on chat will be by default set to group as opposed to all, so that might help some (I don't play PC so I don't know if you can switch this now). They did say there is a certain level of toxicity, they are doing their best by it but it's ultimtely going to be something the players need to stamp out as well.

Reddit had someone calling out people who report people as cheaters because they use centurion, so apparently this has been a thing for a while.

Arekonator
08-05-2017, 11:52 AM
Any online game that is even remotelly competetive will have toxic waste in game chat, no exceptions.
You can either embrace the hatemail, use the "mute" function, or leave the internet.
No other way around it, really.

watsonclan335u
08-05-2017, 08:07 PM
I personally think it's awesome lol. On PS4 I love it when someone goes to the trouble to start a group chat just to send me hate mail, lets me know i'm doing things right. Its all part of the overall entertainment value. Their words cannot hurt me in this virtual forum. My standard reply is usually: "Both Your Dads Must Be So Proud".....escalation usually ensues...

Alustar.
08-05-2017, 08:38 PM
It's all borne of insecurity. Hell I'll even admit to having a period of WTF in regards to Centurion. But either you overcome adversity or you get defeated every time. I would take joy in their rage.

While yes this game may be loaded with a salty playerbase, I've found that to be the perfect seasoning for my nubsauce, which I now put on everything.