PDA

View Full Version : The New Heroes play style

TwinStiletto
08-05-2017, 06:50 AM
Now that we have all seen the Season 3 reveal, I'm wondering how the 2 new heroes will play? Will the highlander play like a Lawbringer and be a Hybrid or maybe a Shugoki Heavy? Same with the Gladiator, though I'd guess his will be a Hybrid style like the Valkyre's.

Xaviloga
08-05-2017, 07:02 AM
After Centurion, i expect Highlander hit harder than Shugoki with his two-hander, and fast as a PK.... something like that...

Tyrjo
08-05-2017, 07:48 AM
Highlander is a hybrid and Gladiator is an assassin.

Knight_Raime
08-05-2017, 11:47 AM
I'm thinking since the rumor of high lander having 2 stances (attack and defense) and that he can't block or parry in attack that his attack will either have armor on attacks (like zerker after second hit) or super armor like goki.

Defense will probably have nothing but specific attacks based on defense or parries or both.

How you switch is a mystery though. It would be simple to have it on a button. though i'm not sure what button they could put that on. I think it'll be much more likely that certain actions will switch you between stances. and you'll have to string those in interesting ways to throw off your opponent.

Gladiator i'm not sure on.
We haven't been really given anything to hint at him other than assassin. Which is weird. because assassins have reflex guard. but this dude has a shield. I think it's going to likely result in some special actions revolving his shield. He might be another counter attacker akin to rochi. But maybe instead of having deflect he'll have some special kind of parry.

CandleInTheDark
08-05-2017, 11:53 AM
I'm thinking since the rumor of high lander having 2 stances (attack and defense) and that he can't block or parry in attack that his attack will either have armor on attacks (like zerker after second hit) or super armor like goki.

Defense will probably have nothing but specific attacks based on defense or parries or both.

How you switch is a mystery though. It would be simple to have it on a button. though i'm not sure what button they could put that on. I think it'll be much more likely that certain actions will switch you between stances. and you'll have to string those in interesting ways to throw off your opponent.

Gladiator i'm not sure on.
We haven't been really given anything to hint at him other than assassin. Which is weird. because assassins have reflex guard. but this dude has a shield. I think it's going to likely result in some special actions revolving his shield. He might be another counter attacker akin to rochi. But maybe instead of having deflect he'll have some special kind of parry.

It's a buckler rather than the shield, looked smaller than valk's to me. In the teaser video we saw him smacking people in the head with it so I would guess deflect would be something to do with that since the trident is a little more unwieldy that anything the other assassins use in terms of quick attacks. We might actually have seen his deflect in the teaser video, there was a shot where he seemed to dodge to the side of the opponent and smack them in the head, also a guard break where he impales them, kicks them away, draws them back and whacks them with the buckler though that could be an execution also. Highlander was described as a patient fighter, in offence stance he has quite a powerful heavy attack, how they go between offence and defence, my rough guess would be similar to hidden stance or all block, only flicking down rather than holding it, Bio described him as a good pick for a team, can hold point then go on the attack with some power. Gladiator is supposed to be more showy, good at both zoning and closing the distance, he was described somewhat like a boxer, also has higher stamina pool and quicker regen so possibly a centurion killer there. Much as I dislike the sports emotes, I would quite like to see the Ali Shuffle the way he has been described lol.

UbiInsulin
08-05-2017, 07:22 PM
Per the Warrior's Den:

Highlander has the heaviest sword in the game, with a defensive fighting form (blocks and counter attacks) + an offensive form (has an unblockable heavy attack). It was mentioned that it was pretty satisfying to "be right" with the Highlander, because when you make the correct judgment call you can do a ton of damage. He is marked as a "hard" hero, however.

The Gladiator was described as being like a boxer. They're fast and it sounds like they can engage and disengage pretty quickly. He or she has a larger stamina pool and quicker regen cooldown.

Skip to 18:35 for the descriptions of the new heroes:

https://youtu.be/Prz-0drk3hc?t=1115

CandleInTheDark
08-05-2017, 07:30 PM
The video starts at the very beginning.

UbiInsulin
08-05-2017, 07:33 PM
The video starts at the very beginning.

Thanks for the heads up, the new hero descriptions begin at 18:35.

CandleInTheDark
08-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Looking at the video again, I am sure we saw the gladiator's deflect, if you look carefully, he ducks a swipe from the berserker,moves to the side and hits him with the buckler.If he is described as a boxer fight style I still want the Ali Shuffle lol.

Knight_Raime
08-05-2017, 08:54 PM
It's a buckler rather than the shield, looked smaller than valk's to me. In the teaser video we saw him smacking people in the head with it so I would guess deflect would be something to do with that since the trident is a little more unwieldy that anything the other assassins use in terms of quick attacks. We might actually have seen his deflect in the teaser video, there was a shot where he seemed to dodge to the side of the opponent and smack them in the head, also a guard break where he impales them, kicks them away, draws them back and whacks them with the buckler though that could be an execution also. Highlander was described as a patient fighter, in offence stance he has quite a powerful heavy attack, how they go between offence and defence, my rough guess would be similar to hidden stance or all block, only flicking down rather than holding it, Bio described him as a good pick for a team, can hold point then go on the attack with some power. Gladiator is supposed to be more showy, good at both zoning and closing the distance, he was described somewhat like a boxer, also has higher stamina pool and quicker regen so possibly a centurion killer there. Much as I dislike the sports emotes, I would quite like to see the Ali Shuffle the way he has been described lol.

So after re watching the teasers and reading your comment+ hearing their descriptions my thoughts have changed.

It kind of seems like I was right with his defense stance. I'm still curious on how he's meant to do anything in the offensive stance though if he's not able to defend himself other than dodging in that stance. If his attacks don't have some kind of special property to them it feels like instead of the 2 stances being full different playstyles that his defense stance is the one you hang in and you swap to attack stance quickly to do a move or 2 in a combo string. which makes me think he'll be more like a hard hitting more defense orientated nobushi. and your point of down on the thumb stick would fit.

Even watching/hearing about the gladiator I still don't feel like we were given a good enough hint at what he/she is like.
For clarification I didn't mean in my post that he couldn't deflect. I just meant that it would perform different. And yeah I know what kind of shield he's using. (i'm used to calling it a parry shield from the souls games :p ) since it is an actual parry shield I'm wondering if his parries will also be different. Being described as a boxer doesn't help me much. and saying they can engage and disengage quickly makes it sound like shinobi. But this person doesn't have the mobility that shin has.

Which means it's got to do something with his shield. He probably has a few different parry counters like lawbringer does.

Poenix21
08-05-2017, 09:12 PM
In the Trailer we can clearly see the Highlanders 2 Stances

The defensiv style he holds his Sword upward, similar to the Captains.
The one Screenshot probably indicates that he has a light parry counterattack like the Lawbringer. That move looks similar to the Warden execution

The Offensive style he hold his sword downward.
He probably uses quite a bunch of Appolyons move set.
These move are:
- a one-handed overhead strike (sprinting move probably)
- a diagonal unblockable strike
- a halve-sword thrust (like Lawbringers sprintattack)

As reference for the animations an attack they probably used montante rules.
These are, as far as I know, Greatsword techniques for Bodyguards against multiple Opponents(If anyone knows better please correct me if I'm wrong in this part).
Well if I were to convert them into for honor it would be infinit chains and attacks with superior block.
-

UbiJurassic
08-06-2017, 02:37 AM
As we get closer to Season 3's release, we'll be showing off more of them as well. If there are concerns or questions regarding their playstyles, we'll hopefully be able to alleviate those soon.