PDA

View Full Version : this will be my last post on this fourm

A4einboy
08-04-2017, 05:08 PM
this is my last post because im on console and it seems like console players are not a part of the game. pc players have been complaining about people that turtle up and you guys revamed the whole deffens meta. us console players have been saying that the light attacks are way to fast and you guys say its fine. i tell you this why is deuls on consoles allways low activity and on pc its on high activity? its because on consoles ppl cant see the light attacks coming out on time to block let alone parry. its simple play it for yourself and see if you can react to light attacks from a pk kensi nobushi etc. its ridiculous how consoles have no say in one simple thing. not many console players even visit the fourms dont worry im not asking you guys to add 50ms to lights because you guys dont care thats why i wont be posting anything else . if only you devs played the game on console you would see . deuls should be much higher in players if what im saying is wrong . when i say the light attacks are to fast what im trying to tell you devs is that we get hit the same time the red indicator comes up .

RatedChaotic
08-04-2017, 05:24 PM
I adjusted my elite controller and deadzones in game and slimmed my issues with light attack spammers tremendously. I usually eat the first one on purpose and use it to set my timing for the next one. It works really well. If you dont have an elite controller for this game. I recommend getting one especially for this game. It helps that much.

I also have a bad habit of trying to parry every attack. Try limiting your parry tries. Try to block more and only parry a few times each match. You'll find blocking lights much easier.

Let my son play a few rounds with mine. The first thing he said was.....Thats pay to win....lmao

WABO423
08-04-2017, 05:46 PM
Or if your on ps4 a SCUF pro or Impact controller does wonders for this game

A4einboy
08-04-2017, 05:49 PM
I adjusted my elite controller and deadzones in game and slimmed my issues with light attack spammers tremendously. I usually eat the first one on purpose and use it to set my timing for the next one. It works really well. If you dont have an elite controller for this game. I recommend getting one especially for this game. It helps that much.

I also have a bad habit of trying to parry every attack. Try limiting your parry tries. Try to block more and only parry a few times each match. You'll find blocking lights much easier.

Let my son play a few rounds with mine. The first thing he said was.....Thats pay to win....lmao

bro im on ps4 i adjusted the dead zone and im not trying to parry i would be happy just to block it and not many kensi do 2 lights or pk or zerkers its light dash light dash trust me . dont you guys see the pc comunity complaining about the time snap removal ? there starting to complain that the lights come out faster . most pc players even say there way faster on console and they dont care . its just not fair for them to change the whole deffense meta just because the pc comunity asked for it. where the #### is the console comunity at?!!

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 06:08 PM
You are officially one post over your last post on this forum. If you're going to go, good luck to you, but go or don't.

RatedChaotic
08-04-2017, 06:40 PM
Candle and I are trying to help you in anyway that we can. But from Candles last response I feel that no matter what we tell you. It wont matter.

All I can say is......

After getting an elite controller and spending months adjusting it. Playing 1v3 in customs to fine tune it. I dont complain much about light attack spammers. Its still there of course but its not as bad. Theres always been issues with the indicators. I've been playing with it off for awhile now. Go by your enemies animations instead of the indicators. Its definitely harder at first but after you get used to it. Its actually better imho.

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 06:43 PM
Candle and I are trying to help you in anyway that we can. But from Candles last response I feel that no matter what we tell you. It wont matter.

All I can say is......

After getting an elite controller and spending months adjusting it. Playing 1v3 in customs to fine tune it. I dont complain much about light attack spammers. Its still there of course but its not as bad. Theres always been issues with the indicators. I've been playing with it off for awhile now.

Yeah I was a little abrupt there. While I know I made a thread like this because I needed time away, I posted and left, haven't checked what happened with it since coming back either and wouldn't want to, it did what I wanted it to do, I needed to go, I am active here and do the Den stuff, i wanted people to know I needed to and why..

I can certainly agree with what you said over the elite controller,I have been tinkering with deadzones on the controller config and in the game and have changed the button bindings in such a way I never need to leave the thumbsticks or trigger buttons which helps a lot. Though when the controller needed replacing three months in I was less than amused lol.

RatedChaotic
08-04-2017, 07:04 PM
Yeah I was a little abrupt there. While I know I made a thread like this because I needed time away, I posted and left, haven't checked what happened with it since coming back either and wouldn't want to, it did what I wanted it to do, I needed to go, I am active here and do the Den stuff, i wanted people to know I needed to and why..

I can certainly agree with what you said over the elite controller,I have been tinkering with deadzones on the controller config and in the game and have changed the button bindings in such a way I never need to leave the thumbsticks or trigger buttons which helps a lot. Though when the controller needed replacing three months in I was less than amused lol.

Same here. gb on my right bottom, feint top right bottom, dodge left bottom. top left (is removed) I use only 3 underneath. The two big paddles and one small(top right), Using 3 on in game slider Been trying to figure out if smooth setting or instant is better in my controller settings. I ran smooth for awhile then seen GreyUK said he used instant so been trying it. Thats difficult to see the difference.
I just know instant and zero on the game slider causes crazy guard change issues.

Again good luck OP.

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 07:07 PM
Same here. gb on my right bottom, feint top right bottom, dodge left bottom. top left (is removed) I use only 3 underneath. The two big paddles and one small(top right), Using 3 on in game slider Been trying to figure out if smooth setting or instant is better in my controller settings. I ran smooth for awhile then seen GreyUK said he used instant so been trying it. Thats difficult to see.
I just know instant and zero on the game slider causes crazy guard change issues.

I used instant and zero but I had times was must have nudged it wrong because I was all BS I blocked that! I currently use smooth and 3.

I moved dodge to bottom left and run to top left, gb to left click and feint to right click. Lets me keep my right hand on both attack buttons, feint with the same thumb I aim with and gb is right there. It took a while to learn to dodge where I put it but that was about it.

RatedChaotic
08-04-2017, 07:12 PM
I used instant and zero but I had times was must have nudged it wrong because I was all BS I blocked that! I currently use smooth and 3.

I moved dodge to bottom left and run to top left, gb to left click and feint to right click. Lets me keep my right hand on both attack buttons, feint with the same thumb I aim with and gb is right there. It took a while to learn to dodge where I put it but that was about it.

Oh I'm gonna try that with alittle twist. I like having my dodge and gb on the bottom left and right. Makes my conqs shield bash really fast to execute.

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 07:38 PM
Oh I'm gonna try that with alittle twist. I like having my dodge and gb on the bottom left and right. Makes my conqs shield bash really fast to execute.

Yeah that is the benefit of having those close together and the reason I had them both left was so I could keep fingers on the attack buttons, my problem was I was hitting one when I meant to hit the other, I am not gifted with great fine motor dexterity lol, having the run there means I can use it when I need to but otherwise my fingers have one job down there.

A4einboy
08-04-2017, 09:23 PM
my issue is not the controller its the speed of the lights on console. i would love for just one pc player come here and say what they see differnt between pc and console light attakcs and just like i thought the comunity manager wont even try to check it out its ok tho deuls will never be compitive as long as it stays like this . for anyone on ps4 if you would like messege me my gamertag is a4einboy and lets try it out i will just spam lights and i wanna see u block or even parry

Antonioj26
08-04-2017, 09:37 PM
my issue is not the controller its the speed of the lights on console. i would love for just one pc player come here and say what they see differnt between pc and console light attakcs and just like i thought the comunity manager wont even try to check it out its ok tho deuls will never be compitive as long as it stays like this . for anyone on ps4 if you would like messege me my gamertag is a4einboy and lets try it out i will just spam lights and i wanna see u block or even parry

I'll take you up on that challenge.

Psn: alyssaa-3

Should be free tonight around 6 pm pacific time. Play on my wife's acct.

That_guy44
08-04-2017, 10:03 PM
If blocking lights were such an issue on console, How come berserker or valkyrie arent considered top tier?

Antonioj26
08-04-2017, 10:12 PM
If blocking lights were such an issue on console, How come berserker or valkyrie arent considered top tier?

Depending on who yo ask they would say that valk is definitely top tier, they would be wrong as hell but I've seen more than a few people say this.

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 10:15 PM
Honestly I have blocked lights with shinobi in a clutch block and their block is nearer parry timing than it is regular assassin. I don't exactly have a gaming tv but the deadzone stuff helps especially since I can change it on my controller config also.

SenBotsu893
08-04-2017, 11:11 PM
well it is definitley possible to block valk, shinobi, pk etc lights on consoles
BUT
the FPS disadvantage makes it considerable more difficult to react to them properly.

and the stuff you guys mentioned with the SCUF controller. not having to move my thumb away from the stick to hit gb or dash must be a delight.
that would help tremendously against centurions if they the 2 fast heavys in diffenernt direction. because i have to adust the stick into the proper guard direction but if they auto faint it into a gb my thumb still is on the stick and cant reach the cgb in time.
sooo maybe i should actually invest into those controllers.

then again sounds like its less about skill and more about equipment...

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 11:16 PM
well it is definitley possible to block valk, shinobi, pk etc lights on consoles
BUT
the FPS disadvantage makes it considerable more difficult to react to them properly.

and the stuff you guys mentioned with the SCUF controller. not having to move my thumb away from the stick to hit gb or dash must be a delight.
that would help tremendously against centurions if they the 2 fast heavys in diffenernt direction. because i have to adust the stick into the proper guard direction but if they auto faint it into a gb my thumb still is on the stick and cant reach the cgb in time.
sooo maybe i should actually invest into those controllers.

then again sounds like its less about skill and more about equipment...

I mostly stick to single player games because my level of fine motor dexterity has never been good, while I can play with a regular controller, if I was going to do multiplayer and this is one of my favourite games so I was always going to stick to it, the extra help was something that certainly improved my game and was worth it in my case. Sooner or later they will be adding button mapping, so elite controllers will only benefit from four extra buttons, but in that case I would have moved sprint to one of the face buttons and dodge to my left shoulder button so the equipment disparity will go soon enough.

UbiNoty
08-04-2017, 11:28 PM
We didn't introduce def meta changes based solely on PC feedback - it was a change that was requested by the community as a whole. We are aware there can be a difference in gameplay perception between PC and console, and are doing what we can to mitigate it (such as the deadzone sliders).

If we can see that console players are still struggling compared to PC, then maybe we need to explore more options. But we're definitely not favoring PC players in any way.

A4einboy
08-04-2017, 11:42 PM
We didn't introduce def meta changes based solely on PC feedback - it was a change that was requested by the community as a whole. We are aware there can be a difference in gameplay perception between PC and console, and are doing what we can to mitigate it (such as the deadzone sliders).

If we can see that console players are still struggling compared to PC, then maybe we need to explore more options. But we're definitely not favoring PC players in any way.

first of most of the post on reddit or any other fourms are from pc secound there were plenty of console players even pc players that say for honor is a differnt game on console. i really like the game but try testing out light attacks from someone who spams the gaurd all over the place then let them hit a light i doubt u will block it on reaction i bet even if you guys had all of the console comunity saying the same it would prolly take you guy another year to get to anyways it would be nive just to see you guys try it on the warriors den or ask a pc player what they think about the game on console

Antonioj26
08-05-2017, 12:11 AM
first of most of the post on reddit or any other fourms are from pc secound there were plenty of console players even pc players that say for honor is a differnt game on console. i really like the game but try testing out light attacks from someone who spams the gaurd all over the place then let them hit a light i doubt u will block it on reaction i bet even if you guys had all of the console comunity saying the same it would prolly take you guy another year to get to anyways it would be nive just to see you guys try it on the warriors den or ask a pc player what they think about the game on console

They really aren't nearly as bad as you are making them out to be, like I said I'll take you up on your challenge and I'll even post the results here. It's definitely more difficult but not the impossible feat you are trying to portray.

Jarl.Felix
08-05-2017, 12:16 AM
I can't see why they should favor PC over other platforms. After all on PC , For Error has the lowest player base... and it's going worse every day ..

You could say they favour PC in order to get back the players, but I dont see how that's going to happen. PC gamers are far too hard to keep in one game, there are always more games,better games that come up every time.

Antonioj26
08-05-2017, 12:21 AM
I can't see why they should favor PC over other platforms. After all on PC , For Error has the lowest player base... and it's going worse every day ..

You could say they favour PC in order to get back the players, but I dont see how that's going to happen. PC gamers are far too hard to keep in one game, there are always more games,better games that come up every time.

Yeah they definitely should focus more on console if they don't have the resources to keep them separate. I'd really like to hear their justification for PC favortism when we've made them far more money.