PDA

View Full Version : Remove RAIN until it is optimized

Mia.Nora
08-04-2017, 07:19 AM
I've seen a lot of people say the same thing, and in my case this is coming from someone whose computer benchmarks FH at 160fps without weather/explosion effects at ultra settings.

Rain doesn't just drop FPS, it makes the whole thing stutter for some reason, because even with rain my FPS reader shows over 90fps, but it feels like a 30. :mad:

Just remove rain maps from rotation until fixed, or at least give us the option to turn off weather effects / exclude certain weather conditions from rotation.

R-a-g-e.
08-04-2017, 09:48 AM
I also experienced this kind of stuttering although my FPS are between 90 and 110.
Unfortunately I did not find out why it stutters.
I think I also experienced this in maps with no rain but with lots of fire.

Maybe it is a problem with the reflections and fire / rain causes these problems.

I have this problem for many months and it is really annoying.
It got better when I activated Vsync but my FPS still sometimes go down to 28 and up.

swordxsmash
08-04-2017, 12:01 PM
So glad I don't have a PC....Yet so sad...:(:(

Supercool5150
08-04-2017, 05:27 PM
I agree 100%...every time I see a match in rain I just know the game is going to get all F'd up.

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 05:47 PM
At the same time most of the player base is on the console so anything that happens there needs to not cut down on the variety on a platform it causes no issues with.

Supercool5150
08-04-2017, 06:12 PM
I agree. The problems I have with the rain are on the Xbox though. Everything gets slowed, choppy and sometimes DC's

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 06:36 PM
I agree. The problems I have with the rain are on the Xbox though. Everything gets slowed, choppy and sometimes DC's

Honestly? I've never had problem with the storms, at least in duel, I quite like the times thunder crashes at the same time as the blades lol. I can't account for disconnects, for me it feels like my chances in 4v4 are random or based on what else is going on with the weather or what others in my home are doing, my up and down speed is pretty low because I live urban quite far from the capital so we get maybe an election promise every five years over internet speed which nothing ever comes of.

Hormly
08-04-2017, 10:56 PM
the game ran butter smooth since beta, I dont know exactly what update changed things but in the last few weeks rain on certain levels cause my framerates to NOSE DIVE when I look in very specific areas of the map.

the greatest offender is the steam pool level, ill get a perfect fr when looking everywhere but the pools, which causes single digit FR.

this makes me a sad panda

Vakris_One
08-04-2017, 11:27 PM
It doesn't seem to cause any problems for me, rain maps are as playable as the normal maps. I just wish we could remove the rain drops on the screen.

UbiNoty
08-04-2017, 11:35 PM
I'm definitely bringing it up for investigation, so we'll have some answers soon hopefully. Anyone having this problem, please send in a ticket to support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) - we'll be able to gather information on your rig specs so we can try to figure out where the root of the problem lies.