PDA

View Full Version : Why no new knights

Titanodragon
08-04-2017, 04:15 AM
Could you really not think of other knight classes. Like why do we have gladiators...

Linnix1
08-04-2017, 04:22 AM
What else could they make we have a shield and flail we have a longsword we have the polearm hell I don't even think the peacekeeper should count as a mideavel Knight if it wasn't for her armor . They could do what a great hammer. He would play to close like raider and shugoki. They can't do a Archer cause well we all know how orichis bow transfers to the game. What can they do

Mia.Nora
08-04-2017, 05:11 AM
What else could they make we have a shield and flail we have a longsword we have the polearm hell I don't even think the peacekeeper should count as a mideavel Knight if it wasn't for her armor . They could do what a great hammer. He would play to close like raider and shugoki. They can't do a Archer cause well we all know how orichis bow transfers to the game. What can they do

1. Robed warrior priests with chains wrapped around them carrying maces
2. Executioners with two-handed axe and full hood
3. Estoc/Rapier wielding one hander breastplate wearing knights (akin to Spanish/French traditional guards)
4. Tower shield/short sword wielding heavy-armored knights
5. Hussar model spearmans
6. late medieval era lancers

those are just off the top of my head. I am sure tons more could come out with a good 30 min google search.

Titanodragon
08-04-2017, 05:25 AM
^

jeannedeorleans
08-04-2017, 06:06 AM
Because we have ROMAN the Dev of cause. Why do you think Cen-Uber OP-turion, has never get nerf. :rolleyes:

Titanodragon
08-04-2017, 06:32 AM
^ this also

PablO_Chaconn
08-04-2017, 06:46 AM
You lot must be new . We knew what the new characters was awhile back . honestly don't no why people are still trying to give ideas on new characters. As someone mentioned before , they have already made all the new characters for all the seasons and have already been leaked by a guy who's been spot on so far

Mia.Nora
08-04-2017, 07:15 AM
You lot must be new . We knew what the new characters was awhile back . honestly don't no why people are still trying to give ideas on new characters. As someone mentioned before , they have already made all the new characters for all the seasons and have already been leaked by a guy who's been spot on so far

We do know that everything was pre-developed before launch it was leaked long ago, along with info that FH team was reduced to skeleton crew; but that's not the point. It is about the decision regardless of when it came.

We all know next season is Ronin with duel katana and Huntress with Axe+Blade too, and those seems more inline with their factions while Centurion and Gladiator is a weird fan service that does not fit the faction at all.

swordxsmash
08-04-2017, 12:46 PM
Because.........why not??

Illyrian_King
08-04-2017, 12:55 PM
I was an enemy of these faction mix-ups from the very first time they showed the photo of the Season-Pass!

Like it wasn't possible to make a knight with a short sword and and special armplates ... or like Roman Centurions ever fought like depicted in the game :rolleyes:

Also the Highlander is from Scottish origin. I don't know, why the Devs are so much into "foreign" Warriors? :confused:
I am really the opposite of a racist or something like that ... but if the game concept is Knights/Samurai/Viking ... why don we bring in all these things?!
The concept gets wasted and that's why I am a bit angry about it.

Shakti.
08-04-2017, 01:23 PM
Frak Roman I despite that guy.

RatedChaotic
08-04-2017, 05:06 PM
Watch Forged in Fire on the History channel. They show some amazing weapons from history. They give a brief background of the weapon they are crafting. Its good info. "It will keel"

Netcode_err_404
08-04-2017, 05:31 PM
We do know that everything was pre-developed before launch it was leaked long ago, along with info that FH team was reduced to skeleton crew; but that's not the point. It is about the decision regardless of when it came.

We all know next season is Ronin with duel katana and Huntress with Axe+Blade too, and those seems more inline with their factions while Centurion and Gladiator is a weird fan service that does not fit the faction at all.

This.

I wanted more knights with full plate armor, instead i have a gladiator. LOL.

Even a jedi knight would be more accurate, at least he is a knight.

RatedChaotic
08-04-2017, 05:51 PM

There were Centurian Knights and not all gladiators were slaves. Some were soldiers or even knights. Maybe even in thier native lands before being gladiators or slaves. It fits you just need to be open minded.

Did you know?.........That there are more slaves now than there was then. True fact.

Netcode_err_404
08-04-2017, 05:57 PM
There were Centurian Knights and not all gladiators were slaves. Some were soldiers or even knights. Maybe even in thier native lands before being gladiators or slaves. It fits you just need to be open minded.

Did you know?.........That there are more slaves now than there was then. True fact.

As accurate as black scandinavian warrios.

Medieval toned game = No roman empire wannabe.

Medieval knigh faction = Medieval knight armor knight.

The_B0G_
08-04-2017, 06:41 PM
I was an enemy of these faction mix-ups from the very first time they showed the photo of the Season-Pass!

Like it wasn't possible to make a knight with a short sword and and special armplates ... or like Roman Centurions ever fought like depicted in the game :rolleyes:

Also the Highlander is from Scottish origin. I don't know, why the Devs are so much into "foreign" Warriors? :confused:
I am really the opposite of a racist or something like that ... but if the game concept is Knights/Samurai/Viking ... why don we bring in all these things?!
The concept gets wasted and that's why I am a bit angry about it.

William Wallace was a knight... that's basically who they designed the character around.

Ianoneshot
08-04-2017, 08:08 PM
I know a new knight class!

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1693657-New-knight-character

UbiInsulin
08-04-2017, 08:13 PM
Hey guys, some of your questions about the diverse portrayal of characters in the game were answered here (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-for-honors-focus-on-diversity-is-so-important/1100-6442689/?ftag=GSS-05-10aaa0b) back before release.

"This game isn't about us creating characters and imposing them on you," Vandenberghe explained. "This game is about you. And so what kind of warrior are you? You can change the skin color of your Vikings, too. You want to have a black Viking? Knock yourself out. It's who you are. I want you to be able to be in that game."

"This game isn't about politics," he said. "It's a personality test. Are you a knight, a viking, or a samurai? What is your warrior?"

In regards to why two Knight heroes have been inspired by Roman history, it is indeed 100% because one developer is named Roman </sarcasm>.

It's totally fine if you'd like to see a return to medieval European inspiration for the Knights faction, and we appreciate you letting us know your feedback!