PDA

View Full Version : Origins brings back the puzzles and platforming that last appeared in AC2

HDinHB
08-03-2017, 11:38 PM
I'm very happy for this. This is what Assassin's Creed has been missing most.
http://www.gamesradar.com/assassins-creed-origins-brings-back-tombs-and-theyre-based-on-the-real-thing/

Creative director Ashraf Ismail confirmed in an interview in the latest issue of OPM that Origins will bring Assassin's Creed back to the cornucopias of puzzles and platforming that last appeared in Assassin's Creed 2, with a variety of styles to explore inspired by real-life history.

"We have quite a few tombs in the game, and they range from being classical puzzles to navigation puzzles and navigation challenges,” says Ismail. “A lot of them are actually built off of the actual true tombs that we’ve researched."
“So we put a lot of effort into recreating these tombs. Everything that is actually known we’ve mapped it out, we have images, we have research that’s been done on tombs, we actually try to replicate it as close as possible. So for example, the Greek pyramid, all the chambers, all the corridors are an authentic representation. Now, of course, we have a bit of fun and go a bit further, like, what are the secret chambers that have not been discovered yet?”

I'm not sure what the differences are between a classical puzzle vs. navigation puzzle vs. navigation challenge. I just hope they are fun!

http://i.imgur.com/4bNL8c2.png

strigoi1958
08-03-2017, 11:41 PM
I love the puzzles, I just hope there are no timed lever tombs like AC2... or if there are, they are easier to beat using keyboard and mouse ;)

Helforsite
08-04-2017, 09:02 AM
I love the puzzles, I just hope there are no timed lever tombs like AC2... or if there are, they are easier to beat using keyboard and mouse ;)

Ah, the horror of trying to do backward wall ejects with keyboard and mouse...

dxsxhxcx
08-04-2017, 12:34 PM
Nice! The best part of AC2, I hope they provide a decent challenge.

cawatrooper9
08-04-2017, 02:28 PM
You know, I hated this stuff back in the day.

But it's aged really well for me. Now, I'm actually excited to do the tomb puzzles.

I think Egypt is a perfect setting to bring them back in, too.

SixKeys
08-04-2017, 03:05 PM
Just guessing, but I would imagine classical puzzles refer to Tomb Raider-style where you have to work out some mechanical system or decode messages, navigation puzzles are about figuring out the correct freerunning sequence (AC2-style) and navigation challenges could be timed runs or labyrinths.

m4r-k7
08-06-2017, 04:42 PM
How are navigation puzzles in tombs going to work with a one-button parkour system?

This is the one thing in Origins that is really annoying me. They have literally squished down parkour to one button. What ever happened to expanding on the amazing AC 1 - Revelations parkour system? Yes, some people found that system a bit difficult due to the fact that you had to hold down multiple buttons, but at least it worked super well (apart from those stupid camera angles), and did what you wanted. I mean I can't really imagining free running in tombs being that fun by just holding down the A button.

I wish we had the AC 1 - AC Revelations parkour system, with the parkour down and directional wall running from Unity and Syndicate.

I guess I can only wait and see, but I hope there is some depth to the parkour system if they are re-introducing tombs!