PDA

View Full Version : I am new please help

CallMeOscarMike
08-03-2017, 03:33 PM
I am trying to get into Dominion Multiplayer PVP match and in Q now about 7 minutes, is this normal wait time? This will be my 2nd time playing multiplayer. Are wait times really over 5 minutes for a game? Its expanded to all regions and all skill levels too which sucks for me as a new player.

It says very high activity at bottom too. My NAT is green and I have good internet, I also recently added game to firewall exception..

Also I made it into a game around 8 minutes mark and I got an error that says Anticheat something and it disconected me. Whats that?

Blasto95
08-03-2017, 03:39 PM
I have not played in over a month, but I never experienced more than a 5minute wait time. Maybe total I have waited more at one point or another. But usually around 3-5 minutes, even less, the game kicks me out from the matchmaking for some reason. Either couldnt find a session, couldnt connect to the host, some BS like that. I just simply que again and eventually it goes. This only happens id say 1/5 times. Which is embarrassingly good because you probably get D/C 1/2 the time.

Shakti.
08-03-2017, 04:08 PM
You just have to w8 my friend. Anyway my suggestion is to level up the character and gain gear doing duels and 4v4 vs AI. The cnances of you having a good experience before being at least full blu equipped are close to zero.

RatedChaotic
08-03-2017, 04:40 PM
Its not you my friend. Its the game. Just have to deal with it til changes come. Atleast your only at 7 to 8 minutes. I'm usually at around 10 to 20mins in que. Then I get in games that are 3/4 finished alot more than I get into ones that just started.

Is why I mostly play vs AI. But lately I've been just playing other games til dedicated servers come. I'm hoping it fixes my issue. Dont like trying to play a game for a few hours just to spend 3/4s of that time in a matchmaking que.

Supercool5150
08-03-2017, 04:56 PM
If you can live without playing PvP in dominion, PvAI is a much quicker wait time.

EDG_Avocado
08-03-2017, 06:28 PM
Perfectly normal.

UbiNoty
08-04-2017, 12:56 AM
Depending on the time of day you're playing, the region, and where you factor into matchmaking, queue times can differ.

If you're getting to the point where you're actually not finding games, then i'd suggest giving support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) a call to see if they can help you out and make it a bit better.

C00tBAjenkins
08-04-2017, 10:52 AM
Could be the region and time of day. Easy anti cheat thing sometimes caused by uplay client timing out. Had a instance of being kicked either in loading screen or very beginning of match with that error repeatedly. Restarted game still did it. Restarted uplay and game all good.

swordxsmash
08-04-2017, 11:32 AM
Nah..this is completely normal for some reason..the game's trembling in it's second year ...fak my life!

JK2Dealer
08-04-2017, 02:19 PM
Well, i am playing in the european region and I have like 1 - 2 Minutes wait time (PC) for Dominion and almost instant for Duel.
From 10 games I have maybe 2 disconnects from game and 1 from 100 disconnect from duel.
In which Region are you playing?

Everytime I see those news, I wonder what is happening

RatedChaotic
08-04-2017, 04:45 PM
Depending on the time of day you're playing, the region, and where you factor into matchmaking, queue times can differ.

If you're getting to the point where you're actually not finding games, then i'd suggest giving support (https://support.ubi.com/en-us/Games/4315) a call to see if they can help you out and make it a bit better.

Ya and go thru the whole open/close port, reboot you router, change your connection wires, and all that troubleshooting. I have so long of que times I can walk to the gas station thats a block away and get me a soda and come back before I even get in a game. I know because I've done it. All customer support will do is run me thru bs troubleshooting that wont fix anything.

I live on the east coast in Myrtle Beach, SC. I have a 60mb business connection and play during 1:30pm to 2am est. time frame. I should not be having que times this long. Even if my skill level is high or low.