PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den August 3rd

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 02:58 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xi1uXcmzGpo

Forges echo as iron meets iron, longboats cut the waves, there are whispers as new forces arise. Winter is coming (technically a season away but I believe in being prepared ;)). We are Warriors, this is our Den.

This in from the Popeness, Eric, on Reddit last night,

As mentioned last week, Roman and Damien will not be on the show, so we'll have a host of cool game designers taking their place.

New Content of the Week
Season 3 "key art" reveal with release date
Season 3 Heroes reveal
-- I am telling you now: this is a SMALL PEEK. Like we did last season. It's not a long look. So get your eyeballs ready.
A Season 3 overview vid with a bunch of info from our boys Roman and Damien (so it's like they're there)
Season 3 Patch Notes with the designers
Demos of a couple very cool new features!
Hero Series Finalists!
Caster Contest Winners!
Community Corner

No Q&A this week. Don't @ me. (j/k i know you're going to anyway)

Season title is Grudge and Glory. There will be a lot of season 3 stuff on this Den.

PTS was finished, feedback collected and well appreciated. They will do plenty in the future and give us updates when they have more.

Hero series qualifiers finished.

Moderators on the subreddit are running a giveaway of season t-shirts, they want people to create Hero guides for new players. Twenty are available all in all.

Event this weekend, realistic elimination.

New content of the week, sports emotes, new executions for the shinobi and centurion. The emotes come with sound effects. Key art revealed the Highlander and the Gladiaror,large sword and trident and shield as was believed. Makes huntress and ronin a pretty good bet for 4.

The Highlander from the brief glimpse we got of him, appears to be another get them to the floor guy (though I stress this was a ten second glimpse) appears genderlocked, the gladiator seems more nimble.

Highlander has two stances, in the defensive one he counterattacks, in the offensive he has a powerful heavy. Gladiators are quick, they have a high stamina pool and quicker regen cooldown, they can stun or create separation. Roman apparently describes them like a boxer, they have showy moves, good at zoning, close combat and closing distance.

New maps, the Sentinel is a ruined castle, it has ballista that can be shot at players, the other is the Viking Village. in the cutscene there was a heavy spiked rolling barrel.

The new gear looks pretty neat.

They will introduce tournaments and ranking, apparently there were 15 outside run tournaments before the game even shipped so they wanted to get this out.

The UI team have worked on the menus when it comes to executions and emotes and such, you can see and play with them.

They took a close look at existing duel maps, they have made some bigger and removed some traps so they are less instantly lethal.

People in the chat were saying Gladiator is Centurion 2.0, the devs deny this, they say there is a definite difference.

Season kicks off August 15th, same as last season, season pass holders get them free right away, non season pass holders a week after at 15,000 steel.

Not all of the PTS stuff will be in the new season DLC, this was the point of feedback.

Chip damage change will go live, it will be 18% across the board. This only applies when the attack is regularly blocked. Chip damage is not lethal, it stacks with chip damage gear stat, damage buff from feat boost and revenge damage bonus. it does nt stack with attack and defence gear stats.

Revenge state update, on activation you are immune to melee attacks and your attacks will not be interrupted by melee. In revenge your melee do not unbalance the opponent. There are two bugs for centurion jab heavy finisher and conqueror, these will be fixed. Health boost from revenge has been buffed. They do not have the parry changes in the upcoming patch, this was one of those they wanted to test first whereas chip and revenge they already knew they wanted to do.

They are looking at disabling moves to reduce their stunlock capability. these moves are centurion charged heavy, valkyrie sweep, shhinobi heavy finisher conqueror running charge, warlord crashing charge and raider stampede charge. before if you were hit by one, then a second hit while you were still being hit by the first one you were locked in the animation. This is in order to remove the forever hitlock.

Warlord, valkyrie and conqueror used to have superior block or super armour on out of stamina attacks, that has gone.

Guardswitch, people noticed there was a time guardswitch would not activate after certain conditions like reflex guard after a dodge, they have fixed that.

Warlords can no longer carry you the length of the map.

Lawbringer blind justice can now be feinted and followed by shove on hit.

There are a bunch of small bug fixes in the full patch notes, they will be posted when they have the full final final patch notes.

Faction war, the map will expand as it did last season.

They fixed the active duty bug, next time people deploy after season 3 starts they should get it.

New feature, the war banner, this is a pre-selection for all war assets. You can place the war banner in a territory to place assets individually. If the territory becomes invalid, the banner will be removed and you will be notified. They will still register as manual deploys for the bonus, you can override this between rounds if you choose.

Season 3 the duel tournament officially releases, it will have exclusive rewards. It is still going to be in beta for a while, it is not possible to balance the ranking until the community get their hands on it. Surprise, surprise there is less honour in ranked duel, cool, get me a brawl like that >.> They went over the anti run away system again, repositioning should be fine, if people are constantly running the speed and stamina changes kick in. Tiebreaker rules are updated, lowest percent hp if neither are killed loses. Ranked will be across all platforms. It is duel only for now, they are working on brawl but nothing ready to announce. Change in rematch flow, if there are not enough players automatically players will be sent back to matchmaking, no groups will disband in this state. At the end of duel and brawl there will be an option to rematch as there is now and one to go to matchmaking without going back to the map. If the other person goes back to matchmaking it is possible to be matched with them again but they are working on that.

They have added text chat privacy, you can see which people have which privacy settings. By default the settings are set to group. They mentioned that there is somewhat toxicity in the community, they are trying to work on that but a good part of the solution will be with the community. I was not sure I wanted to write this but but if you ask near anyone what they have heard about this game, high on the list is the player base is toxic.

Players will receive rewards in duel for playing against AI, there was a lot of abuse at the start, they are more confident now that players can receive rewards and xp.

Apparently the dedicated servers project is called Onion.

Note on gear, they upped the rep cap to 40. New gear, legendary weapons and armour. Legendary has four weapons per hero, two armours (the new characters currently only one legendary, a second will come). legendary starts at rep 7 (figured >.> another two for the ones I am working on, Warden was nearly at 5 >.< lol). Crafting costs have been lowered, loot at the end of games will be increased. when you preview emotes and executions, you see your hero instead of a generic hero, you will also see mood effects so you see exactly how every execution will look, you can also choose to see it full screen.

Duel maps. They looked at the maps, they could see that a lot of them were very prone to ledging. They took the three most offensive maps in terms of ledging. Overwatch, the pits drop on a timer rather than at the start, the broken bridge area has both bridges available, you meet where the stairs go up. the trap doors on the timer also has that for elimination. In forest the bridge is gone, you fight right under it now. Tower ruin (absolutely hate this duel map), has one lower in the gardens, the location where you spawn on the balcony, that balcony is full railing. This might not be the last remap they do but these were the three that they felt needed work now. There still are ledges, just not right in your face from the start. They requested if there are any brawl locations that could use some love, let them know.

They gave a Hero Series update with the finalists decided and competing in nine days.

They did community corner and that wraps it. Next week will have full teaser trailers for the heroes and the art team in for a close look at the heroes and maps. On the 12th there will be the big pre season show with the hero series finale and the first real look at the new heroes and maps in action. They say Eric will not be wearing a kilt in favour of the Highlander, there is a petition on Reddit (and apparently he does like kilts) though as I am recapping the Den I feel I cannot encourage anyone with a reddit account to comment on it, that would be bad, or something.

EvilSpark1
08-03-2017, 03:07 PM
And so it is known when the new season. August 15. The release was made from the written on the official website, that the 3 season will begin in 12 days. Here also consider.

https://game-forhonor.ubisoft.com/#/ru-ru/faction-war

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 03:12 PM
Yeah I called that, the other season start dates were Tuesday February 14th and Tuesday May 16th, good spot though.

bmason1000
08-03-2017, 03:13 PM
Dooooope. Can't wait for it to start.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 03:24 PM
Not that I stalked Eric on Reddit last night or anything (totally did, I was waiting for his Den announcement >.> DAUBENY SHOW YOURSELF!) but someone started a post saying that there should be an option to select which territories to attack and defend in the menu like defending across one border and attacking across the other. While I doubt there is anything exactly like this in the works, Eric answered with you should watch the Den, you might be interested in what we talk about.

In terms of heroes, everyone is so set on it being Highlander and Gladiator. I honestly won't be mad if it is, I just advise caution in believing internet rumours so people don't go complaining to Ubi that they didn't drop the heroes they promised to. Even if the leaks are true, Wild links to Huntress quicker than it does to Highlander to me, but then I am into my fey mythology including the Wild Hunt.

thornh
08-03-2017, 03:46 PM
I won't mind Highlander and Gladiator either but a surprise would be awesome too. Can't wait!

Any improvement to Faction War will be welcome too!

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 04:56 PM
Hmm, interesting, according to the current graphic, it isn't Wild and Glory at all, it is Grudge and Glory. The graphic logo is comprised of a longboat and a shield type graphic, two animals on the shield being I believe a wolf and a lion.

thornh
08-03-2017, 04:58 PM
I LOVE the Season 3 key art!!!!!

Grudge and Glory. Holy crap that is awesome!

It has a Trident and a Claymore. I'd say the Highlander/Gladiator leak was correct.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 04:59 PM
I LOVE the Season 3 key art!!!!!

Grudge and Glory. Holy crap that is awesome!

Yeah that really is awesome, better than season two's by a long shot.

The_B0G_
08-03-2017, 05:21 PM
I have a full erection.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 05:32 PM
I am already seriously thinking of putting some work into the gladiator.

xSkeletalx
08-03-2017, 05:45 PM
I'm interested in both, but it's worth noting I was interested in the Centurion before he released so broken that I wouldn't touch him.

Without seeing actual gameplay I'm leaning towards the "new Centurion" crowd regarding the Gladiator; the dev team insisted the Cent was fine and there's been an entire season of disagreement between them and the community on that point.

Here's hoping it's just early reflexive fear talking now, and both the new characters are well-balanced and fit with the current roster.

bmason1000
08-03-2017, 05:51 PM
I am already seriously thinking of putting some work into the gladiator.

...i am very tentatively interested in highlander. Have to see some actual gameplay first. Still too loyal to berserker to seriously consider trying a second character but... I'm keeping an eye open. Sideways glance in highlander's direction.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 05:55 PM
...i am very tentatively interested in highlander. Have to see some actual gameplay first. Still too loyal to berserker to seriously consider trying a second character but... I'm keeping an eye open. Sideways glance in highlander's direction.

I have 19 rep points over seven characters, I am interested in the gladiator from these videos, the Huntress, assuming season 4 is as accurate as season 3, sounded interesting with the sword and axe, so likely this season I get all my characters to legendary gear (actively working on five, the other two...I'll see, I got more rep points last season than the one before but there are still days the connection doesn't cut me a break) then work on the huntress joining them in season 4.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 05:58 PM
The war banner looks interesting.

tokyoto88
08-03-2017, 06:33 PM
Highlander.......

There can only be one.

RatedChaotic
08-03-2017, 06:41 PM
Good changes. I'll continue to wait for the dedicated servers at the end of the year. Wont play much til then. Good things to look forward to when I return. Enjoy!!!!

I'm surprised I didnt see him. Lmao. Woot Myrtle Beach Walmart.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 07:03 PM
That's the full recap up.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 08:38 PM
beautiful work as always Candle.

So i'm assuming since parry changes won't be in the next patch does that also mean no OOS changes?
Also did they give any indication when this patch will drop and when we'll be able to see the full notes of the next patch?

I'm super pumped to see ranked coming. I was hoping that we'd get the new ptr changes before it drops. It doesn't sound like that's going to happen.
However I expected that. and can only hope the ptr changes drop soon after season 3.

as far as what im most excited for it's not even the new heros. it's the changes to the 3 duel maps and the new hero UI changes.
but. highlander...it looks like i'll finally be playing a filthy viking. (lets not talk about berzerker okay?) ;)

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 08:49 PM
Eric said they would put the full patch notes online when he has the full final version of them. This patch, I assume, drops when the season three does, the season two dlc patch was a ten gb update.

I don't think they mentioned out of stamina specifically, they said that the chip and revenge was stuff they knew they wanted and needed, the parry was something they were thinking ok this sounds good, how does it affect things. I am hoping some of the PTS changes come pretty quickly as well.

I am stoked for the map changes as well, I might duel more often. As it stands now I absolutely loathe the temple ruin, so I was hoping that one got a mention.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 09:17 PM
Eric said they would put the full patch notes online when he has the full final version of them. This patch, I assume, drops when the season three does, the season two dlc patch was a ten gb update.

I don't think they mentioned out of stamina specifically, they said that the chip and revenge was stuff they knew they wanted and needed, the parry was something they were thinking ok this sounds good, how does it affect things. I am hoping some of the PTS changes come pretty quickly as well.

I am stoked for the map changes as well, I might duel more often. As it stands now I absolutely loathe the temple ruin, so I was hoping that one got a mention.

Hmm. well that wording leaves me to believe that we should see the full patch notes within a week.
I kind of figured OOS wouldn't come on it's own since the new parry changes and the OOS changes kind of both go hand in hand.
Still though. hopefully we hear when those are coming and it's not too far out into the future.

It's actually got me excited to duel again. I loved tower ruin asthetically but hated that it was basically ledge city for duels. And the change to those doors dropping means I could spend more time fighting up there instead of trying to delicately dance around the walls covered in spikes. The forrest bridge change is nice. since it means more room.

Claudius_Katt
08-03-2017, 09:47 PM
Excellent work as always Candle,

Two questions though.
Did they specifically mention if either of these characters are gender locked?
Also does anyone have a timestamp for the new gear reveal?

Also since Gladiator is an Assassin and Highlander a Hybrid does that mean we get no more heavies?
I cant picture Ronin or Huntress being Heavies so if thats who the last two are then I have a very strong feeling we will be getting another Assassin for Vikings and a Hybrid for Samurai.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 09:58 PM
With the gladiator they specifically said you can choose the gender of the character (though there have already been comments finally I get a male valkyrie). I don't recall them saying anything about the Highlander but specifying with the gladiator makes me assume highlander is genderlocked. Assuming the Ronin isn't and we know the Huntress is that seems to be the pattern.

I would assume the Highlander is vanguard/heavy, he has the heaviest sword in the game,he is marked as hard because of that offensive and defensive mode variation. Other than that, I believe we are waiting on year 2 since I agree ronin and huntress don't sound like they should be though they might surprise us, a dedicated hunter swinging around an axe as well as a sword could be pretty rugged whatever their gender but I don't rate that as likely, I don't really know enough about ronin in terms of the source material to comment.

There was a legendary lawbringer doing an execution around an hour four minutes in, a bit before that was a nobushi, I think that was legendary also.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 10:01 PM
Excellent work as always Candle,

Two questions though.
Did they specifically mention if either of these characters are gender locked?
Also does anyone have a timestamp for the new gear reveal?

Also since Gladiator is an Assassin and Highlander a Hybrid does that mean we get no more heavies?
I cant picture Ronin or Huntress being Heavies so if thats who the last two are then I have a very strong feeling we will be getting another Assassin for Vikings and a Hybrid for Samurai.

Gladiator is not gender locked. I don't believe it was confirmed that highlander was. but i'm assuming so.

Don't have a time stamp sorry.

Probably not. Knights got gladiator which is assassin. and centurion. which is hybrid.
Samurai got shinobi which is assassin.
Viking got highlander which is hybrid.

So it seems huntress will be an assassin and ronin will be a hybrid.

Heavies imo are polarizing. and very difficult to balance. and sort of bland. Hybrids and assassins are more fun from a design standpoint and have more flexibility with less potential balance problems. If I had to guess highlander is a heavy vanguard hybrid like lawbringer. and ronin will probably be a vanguard assassin hybrid.

Claudius_Katt
08-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Heavies imo are polarizing. and very difficult to balance. and sort of bland. Hybrids and assassins are more fun from a design standpoint and have more flexibility with less potential balance problems. If I had to guess highlander is a heavy vanguard hybrid like lawbringer. and ronin will probably be a vanguard assassin hybrid.

I have to agree with the Heavies being bland,
Never enjoyed playing them and up until a few weeks ago when I picked up Warden I've tended to stick with Assassins,
Was kind of hoping for an interesting heavy though since I keep getting heavy orders.

Thanks Knight_Raime, Candle,
Appreciate the reply.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 10:27 PM
I have to agree with the Heavies being bland,
Never enjoyed playing them and up until a few weeks ago when I picked up Warden I've tended to stick with Assassins,
Was kind of hoping for an interesting heavy though since I keep getting heavy orders.

Thanks Knight_Raime, Candle,
Appreciate the reply.

Yeah i'm mainly an assassin person myself. Centurion being the exception. lawbringer was the only hybrid I could play decently but I love bushi by design. I just suck as her. I like all 3 vanguards actually. I just need to put more time in all 3 to fully enjoy them. (warden has my most time though.) of the heavies I originally was really interested in goki pre launch. But I ended up disliking that he's a hero built around trading.

If you want an interesting heavy to play i'd recommend conq. he gets really fun (and offensive) once you learn the possibilities of his feint full block shananagins. If for honor gets a year 2 like siege did I bet we might see more heavies then. as by then the whole game should have shifted. and heavy design will probably be a lot easier to do.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 10:32 PM
I did notice that again the hybrid was built around perhaps more specific lore and again was genderlocked (which actually makes me suspect more that the Huntress will be a hybrid of some flavour so likely vanguard/assassin given vikings have heavy/vanguard and heavy/assassin). It is interesting because if you look at all the hybrids (except possibly lawbringer? Though I would guess most executioners were male), they have a more specific character feel rather than this is a role in our society anyone can learn to do.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 10:57 PM
I did notice that again the hybrid was built around perhaps more specific lore and again was genderlocked (which actually makes me suspect more that the Huntress will be a hybrid of some flavour so likely vanguard/assassin given vikings have heavy/vanguard and heavy/assassin). It is interesting because if you look at all the hybrids (except possibly lawbringer? Though I would guess most executioners were male), they have a more specific character feel rather than this is a role in our society anyone can learn to do.

That's actually a pretty interesting observation that makes sense. Hybrids in general seem to be made around the idea of a character that is often made up in fictional things.
LB being that big burly armored guy on the battlefield that has un matched defense/strength. kind of like a "hero" in a tale.

Nobushi being a deadly female with samurai/ninja influence. Typically in a fictional piece that involves some sort of secret ops or special forces a female is portrayed to be the introduction to it. especially if we're talking ninja/samurai. So nobushi has that secretive kind of feeling.

And valk is well. valks from norse tales.

High lander would be sort of a mix between norse tale and heroic feeling like from lawbringer.

I'd have to see ronin's actual design before I could make any guesses like this. But very nice thing to point out candle. I hadn't thought of that till now. And it would totally make sense why hybrids are gender locked.

Claudius_Katt
08-03-2017, 11:04 PM
If you want an interesting heavy to play i'd recommend conq. he gets really fun (and offensive) once you learn the possibilities of his feint full block shananagins. If for honor gets a year 2 like siege did I bet we might see more heavies then. as by then the whole game should have shifted. and heavy design will probably be a lot easier to do.

Conq is my go to heavy at the moment, love the conq, but I really suck with her, lol.
Also if Highlander is gender locked and Huntress is the final character for Vikings that will mean Vikings will have four gender locked characters and officallly be the least diverse of the factions,
Kind of feel sorry for them.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 11:14 PM
Nobushi being a deadly female with samurai/ninja influence. Typically in a fictional piece that involves some sort of secret ops or special forces a female is portrayed to be the introduction to it. especially if we're talking ninja/samurai. So nobushi has that secretive kind of feeling.

With the nobushi, there is also the naginata which at the time was a weapon mostly used by noble ladies in order to protect home, family and honour as the reach gave them an edge over people with a size and strength advantage. But yeah you look at the nobushi lore on the For Honor website and that plays more into that, they are the people who protect the cities too far from the Imperial capital to reach.

Also if Highlander is gender locked and Huntress is the final character for Vikings that will mean Vikings will have four gender locked characters and officallly be the least diverse of the factions,

Yeah I didn't notice that. It doesn't really affect me, I don't care about the gender of my character. I played tomb raider and mirror's edge, I write, I play roleplay games, played a woman in a farce in drama class and would quite honestly play the pantomime dame if I were still doing that kind of thing, heck worked in a dress and got dolled up on a fundraising day for comic relief (how people wear a bra every day I will never know) so it makes no odds to me. My main is peacekeeper and it never bothered me, though yeah for those that refuse to play anyone not their gender it is a case of two that they cannot use because of that.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 11:34 PM
Conq is my go to heavy at the moment, love the conq, but I really suck with her, lol.

4? who's the 4th? Huntress might sound like a female but that doesn't mean it would stay as one. Orochi was primarly shown as female I believe but could be male.

With the nobushi, there is also the naginata which at the time was a weapon mostly used by noble ladies in order to protect home, family and honour as the reach gave them an edge over people with a size and strength advantage. But yeah you look at the nobushi lore on the For Honor website and that plays more into that, they are the people who protect the cities too far from the Imperial capital to reach.

Yeah I didn't notice that. It doesn't really affect me, I don't care about the gender of my character. I played tomb raider and mirror's edge, I write, I play roleplay games, played a woman in a farce in drama class and would quite honestly play the pantomime dame if I were still doing that kind of thing, heck worked in a dress and got dolled up on a fundraising day for comic relief (how people wear a bra every day I will never know) so it makes no odds to me. My main is peacekeeper and it never bothered me, though yeah for those that refuse to play anyone not their gender it is a case of two that they cannot use because of that.

Yeah I know that. I just mean in terms of fantasy that most people would be aware of my description fits it. but you're correct in what you mentioned.

CandleInTheDark
08-03-2017, 11:36 PM
Orochi is both, I am assuming Huntress will be female because Hunter would have fit both genders with no need to specify.

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 11:42 PM
Orochi is both, I am assuming Huntress will be female because Hunter would have fit both genders with no need to specify.

You're technically correct. However I feel like they might have decided to call the last viking hero huntress specifically for attractive factor. I mean. Hunter sounds so generic and bland.
I just think it would be weird for them to deviate with the dlc heros in such fashion to introduce both viking dlc heros as gender locked. where it seems they tried to keep a balance of gender options both in base game and in dlc.

The huntress is supposed to use some kind of sword and an axe. that alone doesn't give me much to go off of in terms of guessing theme. Hunter/huntress can mean a variety of things. Like you could be a hunter of animals. Or you could be a hunter of humans (assassins for instance.)

Claudius_Katt
08-03-2017, 11:55 PM

I'm pretty cool playing any gender myself and it doesnt really faze me but I know that it might rustle a few jimmies for some,
everyone of my assassin characters I play as a female because I simply prefer the look of the female variant, smaller frame looks lighter and quicker in my opinion, Warden I vary between genders depending on my mood and Conqueror I always play as male for the Rah's.

I do prefer characters that arent gender locked though more because it expands the variety you see on the battlefield,
I always like to fight different, unique and varied opponents and more options is always good in my opinion.

Gladiator already has piqued my interest, that trident looks pretty damn spectacular.

Claudius_Katt
08-04-2017, 12:00 AM
4? who's the 4th? Huntress might sound like a female but that doesn't mean it would stay as one. Orochi was primarly shown as female I believe but could be male.

Very true but ess on the end generally implies female, male or generic I would imagine they'd call him/her hunter but its all just a guess at the moment,
Who knows maybe it wont be Huntress at all and instead be a goatherder with a big stick just to confuse everyone. Lol.

C00tBAjenkins
08-04-2017, 01:02 AM
Yay! Realistic mode coming back.
New character's look pretty neat but one thing kinda struck me with high lander as they talked about him. I hope i'm wrong but it seems that him having 2 stances and being "hard to play" has a high chance of giving the character a one hit kill move. He looks slow...like a shug slow kinda char. The way he talked about the attack stance I get that impression. Pure speculation though, just throwing it out there. Guess we find out next week..

Vakris_One
08-04-2017, 01:21 AM
Yay! Realistic mode coming back.
New character's look pretty neat but one thing kinda struck me with high lander as they talked about him. I hope i'm wrong but it seems that him having 2 stances and being "hard to play" has a high chance of giving the character a one hit kill move. He looks slow...like a shug slow kinda char. The way he talked about the attack stance I get that impression. Pure speculation though, just throwing it out there. Guess we find out next week..
Lets just hope the devs learned from their mistakes with Cent and Shin and give us 2 new heroes who don't completely dominate one of the modes into the grave.

Knight_Raime
08-04-2017, 01:22 AM
Lets just hope the devs learned from their mistakes with Cent and Shin and give us 2 new heroes who don't completely dominate one of the modes into the grave.

I can't speak for gladiator. But I doubt highlander will cause that. leak mentioned that while in the attack stance he can't block or parry.
so unless the defense stance allows for some ungodly damage I really doubt he'd become a problem.

CandleInTheDark
08-04-2017, 01:23 AM
I'm pretty cool playing any gender myself and it doesnt really faze me but I know that it might rustle a few jimmies for some,
everyone of my assassin characters I play as a female because I simply prefer the look of the female variant, smaller frame looks lighter and quicker in my opinion, Warden I vary between genders depending on my mood and Conqueror I always play as male for the Rah's.

I do prefer characters that arent gender locked though more because it expands the variety you see on the battlefield,
I always like to fight different, unique and varied opponents and more options is always good in my opinion.

Gladiator already has piqued my interest, that trident looks pretty damn spectacular.

Speaking of Warden, I found a legendary screenshot of him, and of a berserker weapon, at timestamp 25:36, around 25:07 there are teaser shots of the maps. Figured I would mention since you asked and I was writing when that flashed by apparently, I only get to watch it proper after lol.

Claudius_Katt
08-04-2017, 04:15 AM
Speaking of Warden, I found a legendary screenshot of him, and of a berserker weapon, at timestamp 25:36, around 25:07 there are teaser shots of the maps. Figured I would mention since you asked and I was writing when that flashed by apparently, I only get to watch it proper after lol.

Awesome, thanks heaps!
You're a legend.

Tyrjo
08-04-2017, 07:03 AM
Wait what? There is going to be a male Valkyrie?

That is just...wrong. :confused:

nufrancis
08-04-2017, 07:09 AM
Highlander HYPEEEEE !!!!

I love hero with Big and long sword. He is going to be my new main.

Gladiator is not gender locked??? Then the female will be topless -Nosebleed-

With Highlander big possibility a lot of players will switch faction to Vikings. If he is better than Kensei, maybe I will consider to move to Vikings .... Traitor Detected

Zwerqi
08-04-2017, 07:19 AM
This S3 could save your ars... Ubi

Stahlrusse
08-04-2017, 07:21 AM
Highlander HYPEEEEE !!!!

I love hero with Big and long sword. He is going to be my new main.

Gladiator is not gender locked??? Then the female will be topless -Nosebleed-

With Highlander big possibility a lot of players will switch faction to Vikings. If he is better than Kensei, maybe I will consider to move to Vikings .... Traitor Detected

You can play any champion in every faction regardless of your own faction. You don't have to switch to Vikings to play him, just saying.

Felis_Menari
08-04-2017, 09:16 AM
Like with the previous set of new characters, I may very well not give a **** about them. I won't touch the Shinobi with a ten foot pole, and despite being a sucker for gladius, the Centurion is a good example of how I prefer *not* to fight (that infinite combo loop crap can **** right off).

As for the new guys coming down the pipeline, the Gladiator doesn't really get me excited at the moment, but the thought of another big sword fighter does interest me. I love the armored appearance of the Warden, and I loves me mah greatswords, but what the fighting style turned out to be was wholly unappealing. So here's to hoping the Highlander's combat style is more to my liking. I probably won't like his attire as much, but combat capability > looking good.

CandleInTheDark
08-06-2017, 11:17 PM
As a heads up, next thursday I have a dentist appointment in the afternoon, might be I am either back after the Den starts or not up to it right away depending on what messing around they do >.> lol. I'll put the thread up before I go and the video if it is there and the recap will be up whatever time it is.

RobinMoran
08-07-2017, 10:09 PM
Hi,

I couldn't find the part of the forums where we post questions for Warriors Den, but can I suggest that Mr Pope mentions, the problems caused by quitting mid-match.
I've been playing on Xbox One and there seems to be a lot of new players quitting in the middle of a match, which causes the session to crash.

Nobody wins when this happens and it's very annoying.

Thanks.