PDA

View Full Version : Marketing Ploy Suggestion for FH

nufrancis
08-03-2017, 04:18 AM
After Watching Warriors Den last week, I notice that UBI didnt have any plan after Season 4. I hope this suggestion can be used after Season 4 or in FH2.

My Suggestion is to introduce Hero from other title. Other Gaming companies already successfull with this, for example Marvel and Capcom (Marvel vs Capcom), Bandai Namco and Capcom (Street Fighter vs Tekken, Introducing Akuma in Tekken 7), Squaresoft and Disney (Kingdom Hearts). I believe this is a good strategy to attract players from other titles.

My Wish List:
1.Witcher
2.Jedi
3.Assasins Creed
4.Lu Bu From Dynasty Warrior
5.Gatz from Berserk

Your thought guys??

Titanodragon
08-03-2017, 06:33 AM
I don't like it personally. But then again I don't like centurion or shinobi because they don't really fit the faction they are in

Existentialmeme
08-03-2017, 07:08 AM
I don't like it personally. But then again I don't like centurion or shinobi because they don't really fit the faction they are in

Shinobi doesn't fit in Samurai faction??? WHAT???!?

And to the OP horrible idea, sorry xD

Mia.Nora
08-03-2017, 07:22 AM
Shinobi doesn't fit in Samurai faction??? WHAT???!?

And to the OP horrible idea, sorry xD

Were there assassins in Edo era Japan? Sure!

Were they anything like that Naruto wannabe? Hell no. I agree both Shinobi (the way it is implemented) and Centurion are way out of place. And now there will be Gladiators (as if Centurion wasn't enough of Roman/Gladiator hybrid himself), and Highlander is going to Vikings instead of Knights.

I would have expected;

Bishop/Cleric type priest warriors (robed warriors in wrapped in chains with maces), and executioners (full face hood and two-handed axe) for knights,
Ronins (which we will get!) and warrior monks with naginatas for Samurai
Animalists/Druids painted warriors with fist weapons and fur covered pagan theme outfits, and Two handed hammer wielding warriors for Vikings

But apparently they decided that realism already sold as much as it would with initial sales, so from here it is just fan service. After seeing the way emotes going, I think we are not too far away from sexy maid Nobushi or Nurse PK.

@ Topic: Horrible idea sorry :(

Existentialmeme
08-03-2017, 07:58 AM
Were there assassins in Edo era Japan? Sure!

Were they anything like that Naruto wannabe? Hell no. I agree both Shinobi (the way it is implemented) and Centurion are way out of place. And now there will be Gladiators (as if Centurion wasn't enough of Roman/Gladiator hybrid himself), and Highlander is going to Vikings instead of Knights.

I would have expected;

Bishop/Cleric type priest warriors (robed warriors in wrapped in chains with maces), and executioners (full face hood and two-handed axe) for knights,
Ronins (which we will get!) and warrior monks with naginatas for Samurai
Animalists/Druids painted warriors with fist weapons and fur covered pagan theme outfits, and Two handed hammer wielding warriors for Vikings

But apparently they decided that realism already sold as much as it would with initial sales, so from here it is just fan service. After seeing the way emotes going, I think we are not too far away from sexy maid Nobushi or Nurse PK.

@ Topic: Horrible idea sorry :(

Regardless Shinobi, or any type of ninja related things, originated from Japan, Which aligns well with Samurai faction. They are all from the same culture..

“Imagine that the year is 1600. Two of your enemies are fighting a battle, so you send a couple of guys dressed as farmers to the area to watch the battle and report back to about what’s happening. That’s ninja work.” A perfect example of this can be found in the classic Akira Kurosawa film Kagemusha. And since many ninja dressed as farmers (heck, many ninja strongholds were in rural areas), the weapon of choice was likely the “kusari-gama”, which was a sickle with a chain attached. According to Alt, this weapon was ideal because it could be easily dissembled into farmer’s tools.

Centurion on the other hand I have no knowledge of.

Also, I love how we just dismiss OP's idea with just one sentence and continue on to talk about our own stuff xDDD

Mia.Nora
08-03-2017, 08:30 AM
Regardless Shinobi, or any type of ninja related things, originated from Japan, Which aligns well with Samurai faction. They are all from the same culture..

“Imagine that the year is 1600. Two of your enemies are fighting a battle, so you send a couple of guys dressed as farmers to the area to watch the battle and report back to about what’s happening. That’s ninja work.” A perfect example of this can be found in the classic Akira Kurosawa film Kagemusha. And since many ninja dressed as farmers (heck, many ninja strongholds were in rural areas), the weapon of choice was likely the “kusari-gama”, which was a sickle with a chain attached. According to Alt, this weapon was ideal because it could be easily dissembled into farmer’s tools.

Centurion on the other hand I have no knowledge of.

Also, I love how we just dismiss OP's idea with just one sentence and continue on to talk about our own stuff xDDD

While I don't dismiss the origin being correct, it is pretty much obvious that the way they implemented Shinobi screams anime/Naruto fanservice. From the costumes to that double sprint run (it is directly taken from Naruto and has no roots in any martial arts) as well as how high fantasy his kit is with the smoke dashes and teleports. They could have very well gone with a shinobi model which is more in line with actual Japanese martial arts (you can check out the one with a long string, don't remember its actual name now), but preferred fan service.

Those midget clone minion soldiers already butcher realism for me, so I wish they stuck to the original realism with core characters instead of fanservice, but it is what it is.

On point of actual topic, I don't see possibility of any non-Ubi IP characters ever making in anyway, and if we were to get a Ubi-IP crossover I fear (judging by the way devs going with emote design) it would end up being a Rabbid samurai screaming WAAAWAAAAAA as emote :(

Existentialmeme
08-03-2017, 08:43 AM
While I don't dismiss the origin being correct, it is pretty much obvious that the way they implemented Shinobi screams anime/Naruto fanservice. From the costumes to that double sprint run (it is directly taken from Naruto and has no roots in any martial arts) as well as how high fantasy his kit is with the smoke dashes and teleports. They could have very well gone with a shinobi model which is more in line with actual Japanese martial arts (you can check out the one with a long string, don't remember its actual name now), but preferred fan service.

Those midget clone minion soldiers already butcher realism for me, so I wish they stuck to the original realism with core characters instead of fanservice, but it is what it is.

On point of actual topic, I don't see possibility of any non-Ubi IP characters ever making in anyway, and if we were to get a Ubi-IP crossover I fear (judging by the way devs going with emote design) it would end up being a Rabbid samurai screaming WAAAWAAAAAA as emote :(

So, you would rather them make Shinobi a farmer-like character? They have realism in his weapon choice, I think that's good enough. Each character still has to be at the very least aesthetically pleasing or else it's just bad marketing and no one will use him...
The realism is in the combat, not so much in the looks. too much realism in a game is stupid, not enough will only make it dumb, I think they did a good job on balancing the two.

On actual topic too: It would be a great idea to incorporate other games looks into it though. Like make a weapon or armor that's a reference to another game xD Those I would be so down for.

nufrancis
08-03-2017, 09:06 AM
-____-

I create this Thread to discuss my ideas about Guest Star Hero, but the comment about Shinobi and Cent didnt fit the picture of FH totally blew it.

Existentialmeme
08-03-2017, 09:38 AM
-____-

I create this Thread to discuss my ideas about Guest Star Hero, but the comment about Shinobi and Cent didnt fit the picture of FH totally blew it.

Well that's because your idea of Guest Star Heroes is not a good idea at all...

UbiNoty
08-04-2017, 01:10 AM
Now, now. Just because you disagree with an idea doesn't mean you should dismiss it. Let's be respectful towards each other, and give constructive, helpful feedback instead.

I think OP's idea is interesting, but at the same time, bringing in so many outside influences would also somewhat undermine the unique character and flair that is the core of For Honor (and copyright laws). I think it would be very cool to draw inspiration from some well-known characters though.