PDA

View Full Version : Idea on Modes

Archeun
08-02-2017, 09:23 PM
I don't know about everyone else but I'm absolutely, 100%, totally, sick of playing Dominion. We are forced to play Dominion because it gives the best exp/steel ratios. Dominion should simply be called Gankfest.

Here are my suggestions for easy fixes:

Allow Duel/Brawl/Elimination to give equal steel/exp awards. I know that Dominion takes longer, which is why I think you should allow Dominion to have a a small, say 20%, increase in steel/exp over the others. Fixing this would be to make the 3 I noted award exp/steel on the Dominion exp/steel model currently.

Another fix is to make revenge work in a very specific way in Dominion. If a person is surrounded 3 or 4 to 1, they get a massive damage bubble that allows them to soak up incredible damage and 1 hit anyone in range, basically 1 shotting all 4. Make it only last until it drops down to 2 or less. One of the things this would do would force teams into breaking into teams to avoid being destroyed that way. It gets old defeating 1 opponent in Dominion but then 3 buddies show up and spend the entire time pounding you to death. Dominion fights tend to break down into 1 group running around with all 4 people while the other team breaks up into groups of 1 capturing points.

Dominion was worn out as a mode 4 months ago.

Also, can't you make matchmaking match people up based on their specific character rep or via their kill/death ratio? I'm no pro but it's absolutely infuriating to be #1 on a team, have 2 kills and 10 deaths and the rest of my team is even worse.

CandleInTheDark
08-02-2017, 10:47 PM
So basically you are criticising people for treating a team game like a team game and want the devs to make it stop because you can't handle it or your team aren't playing as well.

In before I must run around in premade squads if I am saying this, no I don't, I just don't like the idea some people have that they must be powered up to win a 1v4 they shouldn't have gotten into in the first place.

UbiNoty
08-02-2017, 11:16 PM
Different players enjoy different types of games, and I don't think dominion has worn down at all.

We've definitely brought up the idea of equalizing end-game rewards between game modes to the team before, and the idea has merit - but it's still under consideration.

And in the new def meta revenge is a bit more powerful, and enemies just hacking at you will find themselves quite a bit more vulnerable when they run out of stamina - so we're looking to try to balance things out with the coming turtle meta changes.

The reason we nerfed revenge in the first place was because we specifically don't want revenge to be a super-seiyan 1v4 mode, it's a strategic mechanism in a team-based mode that can give you a fighting chance, but not make you a god.

And as for matchmaking, it's totally fair to say there's still lots of things we can do to improve matchmaking. Matchmaking based on specific-hero rep is a bit difficult due to the way the system is set-up currently - right now matchmaking occurs before hero-select, but we'll keep trying.

Archeun
08-03-2017, 04:57 PM
What I am really saying is I shouldn't be forced into playing Dominion because of the disparity in EXP/Steel awards. It takes no skill to kill an opponent with 3 or 4 people, especially if those 3 or 4 include a char with lots of CC like LB or Cent. I don't mind losing but I hate being destroyed by 3 or 4 players.

Blasto95
08-03-2017, 07:18 PM
I believe Elimination is actually the most profitable game mode if you are able to 3-0 or 3-1 your opponent each match. Also Skirmish is the same or very similar in rewards compared to Dominion.

And lastly, the most effective way for Exp/steel is through Orders. Which change pretty much daily. They offer typically a variety of game modes that you must complete and reward you with by far the most Exp/steel if completed in a timely manner.

Also Revenge was OP needed a nerf, but I hate how they never even chnaged the name. Its no longer Revenge at least not the level of revenge it used to be. Its more of a stall option or escape ability more than taking on 3 or 4 people at once. Still quite effective for 2v1.