PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 - Lets' make it a good one

thornh
08-02-2017, 05:57 PM
In 24 hours or so we should be receiving our first official information about Season 3. Season 2 was chaotic, with continuing connection issues, balance issues, new hero issues, faction war issues, etc., etc. In spite of it all I continued to have fun with For Honor on a daily basis. Despite all of the flaws, For Honor, for me anyway, is still one of the best looking games I have ever played. It has incredible environments, incredible art direction and some of the best animation I have ever seen in a game. The core game mechanics are absolutely top notch, to the point where I find it difficult to play other fighting games anymore. For all of those great things I want to wholeheartedly thank Ubisoft Montreal.

With Season 2 behind us, and the developers acknowledging and addressing most of the common issues with the game, I am looking forward to Season 3 as a new beginning for everyone. Yes, the core player base is much lower than on release day but I am hoping to see that downward trend stabilize and reverse in the next six months. I would like to see the passion of this community continue to work towards making the game better with the developers and ease off the salt a bit. Sure, it's all okay to have some fun at the expense of the other factions from time to time but we're all gamers, including the developers, and we should all be enjoying the game together. I relate to this game for many reasons but mainly because of the Viking faction. I enjoy my Norse heritage and everything to do with the era of Vikings. But I also play as the other heroes in the game because I find all of it very interesting. My goal in this offseason is to finally get to Rep 1 on all heroes. I have three left!

So, now about Season 3 specifically. The long ago leak that correctly identified the Season 2 title and heroes had also contained information about Season 3 (and 4). We are, presumably, getting a new Viking hero and a new Knight hero. The Viking is to be based on a Scottish Highlander yielding a Claymore type weapon. Basically go watch "Braveheart" to get an idea of what to expect. I believe the knight is to be based on a gladiator. I imagine one of the other characters in "Gladiator" but not Russell Crowe because he fits the Centurion model better. I don't have a problem with the leak being correct. Ubi has never denied any of the rumors so it is more likely they are correct. The leak provided some more basic information on how the character would work but this is where the big info will come tomorrow or next week. We actually have no good clue how these characters will work in the game. Plus we have absolutely no information on the two new maps. So, we have a good deal to look forward to tomorrow and next week. I really enjoyed how Season 2 was rolled out on the Warrior's Den. Getting to hear directly from the character and environment designers was great and I hope we get the same type of rollout for Season 3. The Forge and Temple Garden are outstanding maps and I am actually slightly more excited for the map reveals than the heroes.

We all know when Season 3 kicks off there will be lots of people playing as the new heroes. We know, despite all the best efforts of the developers, there will be bugs and balance issues. All I can hope for is that we all learned our lessons from Season 2, we are more accepting of any potential issues, deliver more positive feedback to the community mods and have more fun over the next three months.

So, what's the one thing you are most excited about seeing in The Warrior's Den tomorrow and next week? Do you think the leaks were accurate or do you think we are in for a surprise during the reveal?

Viking for life!

SangLong524
08-02-2017, 06:18 PM
OOOH I hope they'll release new heroes soon. I have >15k of steel sitting tauntingly in my coffer. My hands are feeling itchy just by looking at the number. Pls do release the heroes soon :) I can afford 1 Mythic outfit. Heroes release 2 week prior season starts, yh? so when will season 3 start again?
Just FYI, i'm a samurai but i'm gladly use any Viking or Knight heroes to slice up Knights and Vikings... and any Samurais get in my way. just saying *sign* I hope there're plenty of simple.cheesy unblockables. I look forward to cheese people with them.

thornh
08-02-2017, 06:23 PM
Season 3 should start on or about Tuesday 15Aug17.

CandleInTheDark
08-02-2017, 06:25 PM
Season 3 should start on or about Tuesday 15Aug17.

I am 99% certain unless told otherwise. The other start dates were Tuesday 14th February and Tuesday 16th March.

SangLong524
08-02-2017, 06:29 PM
definitely new heroes if the season start is correct. I have good hope for the new characters. Somehow Centurion and Shinobi don't look appealing to me. One is lousy brute out of time, the other a fluttering mosquito that flies around and stings. Their cosmetics looks horrible as well. oh well, here's hoping :)

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 12:27 AM
We definitely had our ups and downs with S2 as well. We thought we had fixed some of the bigger problems with S2( but we actually hadn't fixed it as much as we thought we had), and to add to that we introduced a few new headaches too.

But a big thank you and appreciation to all the players who stuck through it all with us. We've learned a lot too, and we'll continue working hard to do our best to make S3 a better one for you all as well!

Knight_Raime
08-03-2017, 12:35 AM
I'm really excited for season 3. mainly for the new heros. I'm not sure if the newest changes we saw on the ptr will make it into the start of season 3. But I hope it comes very soon after season 3 comes. i've been hyping myself back up for the game. and i'm ready to learn combat from scratch again.

Mia.Nora
08-03-2017, 12:39 AM
We all know when Season 3 kicks off there will be lots of people playing as the new heroes. We know, despite all the best efforts of the developers, there will be bugs and balance issues. All I can hope for is that we all learned our lessons from Season 2, we are more accepting of any potential issues, deliver more positive feedback to the community mods and have more fun over the next three months.
New Heroes coming out broken asf is a given. My problem is that they left centurion broken whole season, and we don't even know if he will be fixed in this one. They keep saying they will rebalance him in season 3, but they have been saying he would be rebalanced since start of S2. At this point it is just a PR slogan, nothing more.

Unfortunately I believe the trend will keep following, 2 broken heroes will be released and left as is without any regard to how much they hurt balance and fun.