PDA

View Full Version : Season 3 Gear - BIG Concern

Illyrian_King
08-01-2017, 11:57 PM
Hello Devs!

To open it up ... I am eally looking forward to the next season and also to the new gear, but it seems like we will face the same problem like with the release of Season 2

I spent about 10k steel (only for my Lawbringer) just for the gear pieces I wanted and now the problem: About 7k of these 10k I threw out just for the cosmetic skins in yellow tier, which had from purple tier during Season 1.

Why can't we just overskin our stuff ignoring their tier???! :confused::confused::confused:

I stocked up about 15k now and don't want to throw it all out just for the skins of my Lawbringer! Not even mentioning that there are 14 Heroes out now ...

Please change that before release of Season 3

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 12:55 AM
I'll bring it up to the team! I do know we plan to find more ways to use salvage and we're looking to have more customization in the future as well, so this would be a good idea to consider for a potential new system.

Graci0us
08-03-2017, 01:24 AM
I'd like to add that constant gear score increase does not make new players want to join, and will burn out current player. This isn't an mmo with tons of stuff to do.

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 01:54 AM
I'd like to add that constant gear score increase does not make new players want to join, and will burn out current player. This isn't an mmo with tons of stuff to do.

I believe we said that this should be the last one for now. I can't say whether it's the final tier forever, but I'm not expecting another one in S4.

My.Insanity
08-03-2017, 07:13 AM
I rly hope we get new Armor skins with this Gearscore... i sit on 50K Steel... and got 3 Heros full Equipt.. even with the latest Executions and Effects.. XD you can earn about 10k Steel a week... (without any event orders which give 2000 steel) so i dont see why it should be a problem to reequip your Heros.

Mia.Nora
08-03-2017, 08:36 AM
I rly hope we get new Armor skins with this Gearscore... i sit on 50K Steel... and got 3 Heros full Equipt.. even with the latest Executions and Effects.. XD you can earn about 10k Steel a week... (without any event orders which give 2000 steel) so i dont see why it should be a problem to reequip your Heros.

I have 180k, but I find it a horrible chore to regrind for gear with the stats/looks I want.. Not expensive, not hard, but simply pointless and meaningless chore...

Felis_Menari
08-03-2017, 10:37 AM
I have 180k, but I find it a horrible chore to regrind for gear with the stats/looks I want.. Not expensive, not hard, but simply pointless and meaningless chore...

Not quite, if the increase in stats we'll be getting is significant.

Patient_Fodder
08-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Illyrian is right, it burns players out, stop moving the damn goal posts of your games.

XxHunterHxX
08-03-2017, 01:39 PM
That is why i didnt upgrade my stuff afther season 1 i knew season 2 its pointles to upgrade stuff since a new season will come and you will have to do it again so i just got comestics and stuff :)

Patient_Fodder
08-03-2017, 02:01 PM
Quote mistake in my previous post (who thought it was clever to remove the edit post option or am I going blind?), it was oT.Gracious who made the statement, still Illyrian is right as well.

@Eviler .... I am sitting on 135 k steel, 34 crates and 80k salvage, the cost is not my issue .... it is a matter of principle of wanting to know which end product you are paying for.

This whole games as a service is a farce. A service one pays for is a mutually agreed and binding commitment about whatever the agreed service contains. This is becoing like having a flat rate internet provider, who decides to change their bandwith availability policy on a bi-weekly basis, same rate, totally different experience but according to the provider it is still the same "service" and hey, it is still called the same (metaphor of course).

Not just on the gear, on everyting (preorder bonus, colour schemes, gear, maps/ledges, environmental hazards etc.).

Blasto95
08-03-2017, 02:26 PM
The issue is, people play this game for all different reasons. No one is right one way or another. But certain players need progression and need to feel like they are becoming more powerful each time. So they HAVE to increase the gear score and gear values/rarity otherwise a good amount of people playing this game will find it pointless with no progression or ranked. "play for fun" but no like i said, people play this game for different reasons. And I assure you many people are not having fun with this terrible connection in the first place. Stop trying to make gear an issue when its probably the most insignificant problem.

Shakti.
08-03-2017, 03:25 PM
This all gear stuff is a big money grab. I wouldn t mind of it if they didnět keep pushing the bar higher demaninding more money or grinding.
The game philosophy on Ubsoft part has been abismal till now.

Blasto95
08-03-2017, 03:34 PM
It is part money grab, but thats the players fault for supplying the demand lol. Gear has been nerfed and was before considered only a small factor in winning a fight as compared to skill. That factor is even smaller now. Gear is meaningless. Once people stop trying to get the best of the best for absolutely no reason, they can just play the game. But alas people need everything. So they believe since they need everything, theyre forced to buy everything.

I havent played in over a month. Before that I was playing for just 2 weeks since I last quit the game. So in maybe 2 months of actually playing this game? since February, and I have over 45k steel and 20 loot boxes. If you think you have to pay for anything in this game, thats your own fault.

Illyrian_King
08-04-2017, 12:45 AM
I'll bring it up to the team! I do know we plan to find more ways to use salvage and we're looking to have more customization in the future as well, so this would be a good idea to consider for a potential new system.

It would be great if it could be enabled somehow till before release, to transfer skins ignoring their tier :rolleyes:

So I would have to give 10k per char again ... Please

Rikuto01.tv
08-04-2017, 12:59 AM
You guys are acting like you have something better to do.

You dont.