PDA

View Full Version : Ok, when are we going to get no gear 4v4 modes?

Kovah131
08-01-2017, 08:55 PM
Would you guys want 4v4 modes with no gear? (poll)

I know this isn't a new topic, but imo it doesn't get enough attention. I'm one of those players that HATES gear. But I also think dominion is the most fun game mode. A request for no gear stats in a game mode is not one that requires For Honor to build anything out. The mode is already built out. All they have to do is create a separate que with not gear stats.

I'm pretty sure I know why. If dominion is split then it will only be half the playerbase (depending on how many people choose that mode) which cuts into their already dwindling population on each que.

I just don't know how you can argue AGAINST having a dominion mode with no gear stats. Ultimately this is a skill game. Games like world of warcraft promote just putting time into the game, and getting better gear. Once you have the gear, you are better. Whereas this game *should* promote skill. So if I'm better than someone and only play 1 day a week, they won't have a gear crutch to use, I will just win.

I'm getting older. I'm 26, have a full time job and responsibilities. I'm not complaining about that. But there are people who play games 24/7 and it's nice to be able to play a game where I don't have to worry about how much time I put in. For those of you who think it should be in the game, I have no problem with it, and think it should stay. But for players looking for a more competitive experience, it is there.

Any legitimate arguments against it? Otherwise come on Ubi... features like this propel games forward. I cant imagine this could possibly take more than a week to implement.

fTy7ZBO2
08-01-2017, 09:29 PM
gear is not that important...i have not upgraded my gear and i still win easy vs people fully geard...

ZUNniK.
08-01-2017, 10:03 PM
I would say never. They make money with it and its not really an issue anymore like in season 1.

No Feats in 4vs4 would be something worth to think about tho..

Kovah131
08-01-2017, 11:13 PM
Thank you for bringing that up. Feats are definitely something I would like removed. And while I agree that gear isn't the deciding factor in who wins, it still makes an impact. There is a fairly large gap between no gear and max gear.

UbiJurassic
08-02-2017, 02:17 AM
I can certainly put the suggestion forward to the team, Kovah131! After the limited-time release of Realistic Dominion, there have been quite a few players requesting for similar variants. While don't have any plans to make them permanent, we do have a new 4v4 mode coming with Season 4.

Helnekromancer
08-02-2017, 03:02 AM
No feat would be interesting but probably be more people running away since they cant heal or make themselves tankier. No Body Count or Inspire so players rarely go to the troop flag and you would be more inclined to gank instead of fighting alone since Revenge Attacks is also off so you can rely on Revenge to stand your ground.

And I'm 50/50 on no gear, in Realistic mode i did pretty well with my Nobushi because i was never parried, but if I was I would always be out of stamina because I don't have Exhaustion recovery, or Stamina cost reduction to make up for my fighters' shortcomings.