PDA

View Full Version : Is this game worth to buy?

ILTRIVELLA85
08-01-2017, 12:54 PM
Hello everyone,

I'm thinking to buy this game for my PS4 as it is on sale for half price but I'm not quite sure it's worth even those money, when the Beta came out I tried it and it didn't get me that much but now I'm rethinking it and I'm tempted to buy it... especially after I read that it will get new dedicated servers https://www.facebook.com/ubisoftus/posts/1356788581037290 but the thing is that nobody is playing this game anymore... it's dead, on Twitch there are only few streamers and with very few viewers and if you check this site http://www.githyp.com/for-honor-117356/ you can see that from millions of people playing this game in only 3 months now there are only 2000 daily... that's bad... so do you think is worth to buy? do you think the addition of dedicated servers will make this game come back?

Please let me know...

Thanks!

Benji28613
08-01-2017, 01:21 PM
I would say that it is worth it. It is a bit slow to start with but once you have chosen your main hero and start learning the combos it is really fun. I like the feeling when you played a little while and see your hero just looks like the biggest badass ever. For me it didn't take lobgto reach 50 hours gametime.

Do you have any friends that currently play for honor PS4? It is really fun to get some friends and challange each others in custom games.

Jarl.Felix
08-01-2017, 01:34 PM
Probably you'll only get mad on us for recommending you this game. Better take the decision yourself. Your money.

ILTRIVELLA85
08-01-2017, 01:45 PM
No all my friends don't like this game... at the moment there are worldwide only 1300 people playing compared to the 26 Millions of the beginning... that's not a lot...

Jarl.Felix
08-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Dunno who told you there were 26 milions players, probably you read another Ubisoft lie .. :))

But yeah, this game is very unfriendly to new players, lots of problems, In my oppinion wait 6-12 month before purchase IF there will be more players.

Trbevis
08-01-2017, 02:23 PM
I dont think its that unfriendly to new players, im seeing more and more new players on ps4, its a welcome sight, its a great game, some flaws, that are getting ironed out slowley, id just say if you do decide to get it play ai until maybe rep one ect, learn your hero well before you enter pvp.

JK2Dealer
08-01-2017, 02:41 PM
Tahts the problem with the player base....people just take roumors and yell them into the Forum....

He said, he will buy it for PS4...you told him about the numbers for PC...the playerbase on XBox and PS4 is much larger...

Jarl.Felix
08-01-2017, 02:52 PM
I dont know man... I couldnt be such a jerk and recomend this game to no new player .... Too many bugs, exploits, glitches, disconnects, unbalanced heroes...

If that new player is just a casual who wants to play 1 hour a day, maybe, otherwise I wont be a fair gamer to a fellow gamer.. just a jerk in my oppinion.

MAYBE I would recommend this game in 1 year or so ...

fTy7ZBO2
08-01-2017, 03:10 PM
buy it next year when dedicated servers come out...and we finish "testing the game" for ubisoft

and this game has a HUGE learning curve..you need to put in atlest 1000 hours to have a chance vs the players in this game on top of the fact that most casual players have left and what remain is the relly good players that have been here since the alpha/betas

PS: Look at this topic you ir not the first guy to see the "deal" on the game !

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1716000-Is-it-okay-to-be-this-dissapointed

Gastgrinder
08-01-2017, 03:18 PM
If you expect a good weapon fighting game, do not.
If you have fun endlessly spam the same move and feel like a pro gamer, then it is your game.

Alustar.
08-01-2017, 09:22 PM
If you expect a good weapon fighting game, do not.
If you have fun endlessly spam the same move and feel like a pro gamer, then it is your game.

Lol this is the exact style of advice you want to stay away from. So much salt in this post.

Here is the bottom line,

LEARNING CURVE: It's a fighting game. At its core. So that means it will be frustrating till you get the hang of the move sets. How quickly all depends on you.

Playerbase: it's held through the months. As with any title it goes up and down as people flip through games. It's not dead or dying, just not as heavily populated since there are numerous players that thought the game they were playing was something else entirely.

In my opinion it's a great game that makes me laugh, cry and rage, but if you aren't up for PvP don't get this game.

iAlwaysL0se
08-01-2017, 11:20 PM
Regardless of the console playerbase being much more active, I've played on PS4 and you can find matches rather quickly and not always with the same people you already fought. The gameplay is quite addicting and can be a lot of fun. HOWEVER at this games current state I would say stay away and wait till they smooth out the extremely rough edges the game still has. I guarantee you will only get angry when you start hitting multiplayer if you don't give yourself a **** ton of practice and learn all the mechanics of the game(even the broken ones). Many good changes are coming and the Devs are working on character fixes as well but it sometimes feels it's at a snails pace. I definitely recommend the game in the long run, but for right now I would still wait if I were you. Follow the forums and the games progress and decide yourself when to jump in.

Bob__Gnarly
08-02-2017, 12:02 AM
No, it's still not worth it at half price. Wait for the price to drop even further, even then, I would say don't waste your money.

The game still has many issues its had since beta, that shows the level of support this game has. Dedicated servers are apparently coming, but not for a very very long time. I would only recommend looking at this game when dedicated servers are finally introduced, if that actually happens. Who knows if people will still be playing by that time.

Ulrichvonbek111
08-02-2017, 01:17 AM
I must put my hand on my heart and say YES the game is worth buying.
Like many games at the beginning there are teething problems but with this unique game we are on the verge of an awakening
No other game offers the beautiful environments we fight in nor has the combat mechanics.
Truly you should buy this game for when the small creases are finally ironed out you'll be lucky to get it at a low price,,if at all.

Have faith and you shall be rewarded.

ILTRIVELLA85
08-08-2017, 11:01 PM
First of all I would like to thank everyone for taking some time to give me some suggestions or feedbacks about this game...

In the end I decided to go for it and to buy it, I've been playing now for less than a week but I just can't stop playing this game anymore... before I was playing different games depends on the mood, now it's only For Honor!

I seriously love this game so much... I became addicted... and the fact that it's so hard makes me love this game even more, because I know that only certain kind of people is playing this game and I like that...

After a couple of days playing I spoke with some people I have on my friendlist and told them about the game and one of them told me "that game is s**t!" and my answer was "just because you probably suck at it" and it's so true, this game is not for everyone but I found the game for me...

I know that it will take me still very long time to master it, but I'm pretty motivated to do it...

I will add a video made by me which is on my YouTube channel where I play and win my first duel, check it out and let me know what you all think...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFgIsQobr_c

Thanks once more for the help...

WoodDaGawd
08-09-2017, 09:48 PM
Things I look for in a game.

Is it fun?
Do I want to actually spend time playing it and are the game modes engaging?

To me, both questions are an emphatic YES. Only thing that ruins this game are the people that leave matches which causes connection issues. Could or should they be fixed? Does it cause some frustrations? Sure does! But i'm still having fun after 6 months and will most likely continue to play

ODP.
08-09-2017, 09:55 PM
i play on ps4...i never have to wait longer that 30 seconds to find a match and i primarily play elimination which is not the highest played game. I get disconnected once maybe twice a day only because of other people quitting. IMO it is definitely worth the buy especially half off.

UbiInsulin
08-09-2017, 10:14 PM
First of all I would like to thank everyone for taking some time to give me some suggestions or feedbacks about this game...

In the end I decided to go for it and to buy it, I've been playing now for less than a week but I just can't stop playing this game anymore... before I was playing different games depends on the mood, now it's only For Honor!

I seriously love this game so much... I became addicted... and the fact that it's so hard makes me love this game even more, because I know that only certain kind of people is playing this game and I like that...

After a couple of days playing I spoke with some people I have on my friendlist and told them about the game and one of them told me "that game is s**t!" and my answer was "just because you probably suck at it" and it's so true, this game is not for everyone but I found the game for me...

I know that it will take me still very long time to master it, but I'm pretty motivated to do it...

I will add a video made by me which is on my YouTube channel where I play and win my first duel, check it out and let me know what you all think...

Really glad to hear you're enjoying it. :) Thanks for giving it a shot!

Vakris_One
08-10-2017, 01:16 AM

Glad to hear you're enjoying it. Welcome to For Honor :)

ILTRIVELLA85
08-18-2017, 11:40 AM
It frustrates me as well when you get disconnected but I believe with the coming soon dedicate servers all this little issues will be fixed and this game will be probably one of the best game ever made...

I really like to play it with "honor" and I mean except for dominion which is just a mess, when I play brawl or elimination I never touch any other player than the one in front of me, if I win my duel then I wait until or my team mate win or lose to take actions, the other day I met this guy that waited for me to get a cure on elimination mode, we were the last two survivors and he waited to fight me, then he made me follow him until the cure on the map, let me take it and we fought the last battle and something like this is worth way more than anything else in the game, after that he destroyed me but I was happy because we play with honor and even when I lose this is the game I never get angry because every defeat I take it like "I learned something" or "ok I will improve this or that" so this game is just AWESOME and I'm so happy that I followed your suggestions and gave it a shot because at the moment I dunno what I would do without For Honor!!!

PDXGorechild
08-18-2017, 01:09 PM
Been playing since open beta, February or March I think?

I've rarely found a game THIS engaging. It has its problems, connectivity being the most annoying one but it is getting gradually better. I haven't had an in game disconnect in two weeks of playing a lot.

The learning curve is steep, there will be a lot of frustration. You gotta take your time to learn your class, and all the others. You gotta have cat-like reflexes, nerves of steel and determination to keep trying again when you get schooled by better players.

There's 16 classes currently, mostly well made (OTHER THAN THE F**KING CENTURION HAHAHAHHA) They're creative, visually pleasing, and it gives the game a lot of diverse flavour. 16 classes are hard to balance, mind, but the dev's aren't doing a bad job. Despite the moans of many of the forums, they do listen, and affecting proper changes takes time.

Overall, it's unique, frustrating, engaging, enraging, competitive and absolutely f**cking brilliant.

Grivois_Gaulois
08-18-2017, 02:18 PM
Been playing since open beta, February or March I think?

I've rarely found a game THIS engaging. It has its problems, connectivity being the most annoying one but it is getting gradually better. I haven't had an in game disconnect in two weeks of playing a lot.

The learning curve is steep, there will be a lot of frustration. You gotta take your time to learn your class, and all the others. You gotta have cat-like reflexes, nerves of steel and determination to keep trying again when you get schooled by better players.

There's 16 classes currently, mostly well made (OTHER THAN THE F**KING CENTURION HAHAHAHHA) They're creative, visually pleasing, and it gives the game a lot of diverse flavour. 16 classes are hard to balance, mind, but the dev's aren't doing a bad job. Despite the moans of many of the forums, they do listen, and affecting proper changes takes time.

Overall, it's unique, frustrating, engaging, enraging, competitive and absolutely f**cking brilliant.

Though I have to agree to some of your feeling about this game, you can't deny devs have made many game breaking mistakes which are clearly the reasons why this game was barely played mere a few days ago with something like 5k players on all platforms at peak time, after no less than 6 months of exploitation and 1 major DLC.

Free w-e numbers are eloquent enough : more than 11k players at peak time on steam, 1.7k as an average before, and 4.7k thereafter. The game is still very dividing the potential players and fixed only half of its potential buyers... UBI tripled their customers, on pc at least, which is quite encouraging but still shows how the game needs to be fixed and balanced still.

Devs couldn't make their mind about what they wanted for this game : an esport focused game balanced around 1v1 or 4v4, of course technical issues killed such an opportunity very early and are still keeping many potential players at bay, not to mention this joke of a tournament pointing out terrible balance issues while encouraging exploits with thousands of dollars, or an expensive casual game with a f2p like barely p2w cashshop (casuals are more likely playing dominions mostly).

Personally it took me 6 months to finally buy the game, after closed as open beta and free w-e testing, I don't regret neither my waiting nor my buying for I think devs will finally be able to work something good out of this game, but you can't blame random people in their right mind to keep being reluctant in buying, at least until centurion balancing as dedicated servers are in.

Dr-KaBoom
08-18-2017, 02:27 PM
You still have trash tier characters that haven't received love from launch of the game. Balancing team is a joke. Save your money.

ILTRIVELLA85
08-19-2017, 02:54 AM
I didn't regret even for a second that I bought this game, I'm playing it every day when I come back from work, before instead I was always resting so I really found a game I'm really passionate about.

I want to learn everything I have to learn and I want to improve and this is the only game that doesn't make me angry at all, not even once, because the connection is not always great, sometimes it kicks me out of the matches, like once I was doing 17 kills and 1 death and I was kicked to the main screen when my team had 1100 points in Dominion and of course I was very upset, but on the other side, what can I do about it? nothing so just keep playing.

And as well when I die, I never get angry, because the reasons why I die can be I wasn't good enough, I wasn't lucky and I wasn't supported by my team mates and so I was alone with too many for me to handle but from each death you can learn something and improve yourself.

The only two frustrating things for me in this games are when you get attacked by all the enemy team (I personally leave people to do a 1vs1 before to intervene) and when you meet people that cannot play and so they spam the same attack over and over... so annoying like the centurion with his kick, or the Raider charging you and stunning you, very sad to see a game like this played that way.

Manlorey
08-19-2017, 03:11 PM
Must agree with the dude above, despite its problems, its a heck of a game. Very immersive, uinique fighting style, also very addictive. Never regretted buying it.