PDA

View Full Version : AC4 end-of-game wish

DarkCelestial23
08-01-2017, 07:47 AM
By end-of-game, I mean the end of the main story. I'd love to see the Man-O'-War brought out into the open world. More specifically, I'd like the option to get the Man-O'-War out of memory 10, sequence 1, after you kill Roberts, and you take down the four legendary ships. They already have the harder part down - actually making it into a sail-able ship. All they'd have to do is add a way into the (same) captains quarters, and a way to toggle use of the Jackdaw and the Man-O'-War. (Hint: there's two empty docks next to the Jackdaw at the Cove.)

LoyalACFan
08-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Eh, I preferred the Jackdaw anyway. I guess it was cool that they let you sail the ships of real-life pirates like Blackbeard and Roberts, but by the time I got to those missions, my own ship was already so powered up that they felt like a huge step down to me. Plus they're so freaking slow, they'd be agonizing in free-roam.

cawatrooper9
08-01-2017, 02:49 PM
I was always kinda torn about that. On the one hand, collecting and customizing ships would've been cool. On the other, I like how the Jackdaw eventually felt like a character. If you've ever played Sid Meier's Pirates (!) then you'd probably know how disposable ships start to feel once you make it so that you can instantly adopt your most powerful additions as your flagships.

The Mad Max game does a pretty good job of allowing for much deeper customization abilities (and not always simply upgrades) to your car, but (assuming you prescribe to a relatively loose take on the Theseus's Ship idea) the car always remains the same identity throughout the game, the Magnum Opus. In fact, I call that game Land Black Flag sometimes. Probably would be kind of silly in a historic pirate game to have that level of customization, but... well, we're getting ship classes in Skull and Bones, so that's something to look forward to as well.