PDA

View Full Version : Ganking is For real

Beastemeu
08-01-2017, 05:50 AM
So why is there a Quitting penalty when I have a full team of Bots vs a full team of players I mean i get it if i had a team with players but come on man when im getting ganged up on and the Bots suck that leaves me to fight 4 people on my own and the game stops being fun when every game you get ganked please ubisoft lets add more stupid things in updates like Pink Unicorns and Rainbows shooting out of our finger tips Make Ganking punishable other wise remove the runner penility thats why people mostly quit early because of the ganging up on people

kweassa1
08-01-2017, 05:59 AM
Sometimes i get grouped in with a bunch of people so bad and clueless, that I'd rather prefer BOTs. When that happens it is tough, and the whole situation sucks for sure.

But random is random. Sometimes you get a winning team, sometimes you don't. None of it is any excuse to quit.

Beastemeu
08-01-2017, 06:31 AM
it is when you keep getting game where you are ganked it is not fun after awhile and you get sick of it

kweassa1
08-01-2017, 08:00 AM
it is when you keep getting game where you are ganked it is not fun after awhile and you get sick of it

...which is really just another way of saying, "I only play in matches I win".

So unless you're about to say the system somehow specifically persecutes you with prejudice, and on purpose puts you in team setups (people or BOTs) that are destined to lose, it's all RANDOM. Sometimes you get long streaks of bad luck, sometimes long streaks of good luck, and most of the times everything in between. Just yesterday I played around 10 dominion matches, which about 7~8 were straight losses with a bad team, sometimes stuck with 2~3 BOTs. So shi* happens -- just as much as some other days where I get good winning streaks happen.

So suck it up and take in the wins with the losses, and stop making excuses for getting a penalty from ragequitting.

Alustar.
08-01-2017, 09:20 AM
For players that fear getting ganked, try running a custom skirmish map with 2/3/4lvl1 bots till you get the hang of it. You can also now adjust health pools and damage values in custom matches so turn the damage Down to make fights last longer so you can learn to defend more.
I can solo entire groups if I hit my stride because of this.

DaLast_Samurai
08-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Make it so closing the app (console) or ending task (PC) doesn't work around the penalty.
Then extend the penalty to 20 minutes.
And an hour for ranked matches.

And I will smile.
I've hated rage quitters in video games for over 20 years.
I've yet to see a video game where they have true consequences for punking out.

MAKE IT LONGER 2017!
(That's what she said)

Snoop_Godly
08-01-2017, 03:49 PM
I feel you on that. I hate rage quitters. Messaged one yesterday. He bagged the hell out of me. Then he went negative while me and a few of my mates pulled it back and won. Right before the end he quit. I ended up getting kicked and so did another of my mates. Makes me laugh. They are the first to bag you and gank you and spam wows and thanks. But as soon as they are losing they will rage quit to save being humiliated at the end of the match. Every time I faught him he ran when lower than 50% health. As soon as a team mate was with him he'd do a 360 and run back at me. He didn't like it when the tables was turned. Lol. But yeah. Quit penalty should be more. 30seconds to chose when you start. After that it's their own fault. No excuse for it personally.

UbiNoty
08-03-2017, 01:14 AM
We're trying to improve our matchmaking system so there's less incidences of a team of 3 bots +1 vs a full team of 4. It's a complex problem since we have to balance queue times, matchmaking, issues with join-in-progress, disconnects, rage-quits, and many other factors, but we're definitely doing our best to make improvements and create an optimal solution.