PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Pro 4k= lag??

pure_energist
07-31-2017, 11:52 PM
So with the newest update the PRO received some love; However, I'm struggling to find the visual enhancements outside of the 4k option. Also several times I've read posts with people claiming making the game render in 720 makes less lag; so if using 4K with a more powerful machine does this mean we suffer more disadvantages if we want the game to look pretty while playing? I personally felt like I was struggling more to get parries I used to find easy when using the 4K picture; however, maybe I was just having a bad week. I now just used the enhanced option just to make me feel more confident. Curious to know if any other Ps4 Pro players found themselves lagging more with the new 4K option or if its just all in my head.

psyminion
08-01-2017, 12:14 AM
I'm not sure about PS4 pro as I am but a humble ps4, but since they messed with the time snap my parry and deflects have taken a massive hit in efficiency, especially in gank defending situations. :(

watsonclan335u
08-01-2017, 04:40 AM
Personally I'd try it back to back, switch from 4K to 720, I'll bet you that you notice a significant improvement in gameplay on the latter. I switched and noticed a huge difference in reactive gameplay and haven't gone back since(PS4 standard).

DaLast_Samurai
08-01-2017, 05:22 AM
So, are you guys setting your PS4 system settings to 720 output?
Or is there an option in the game for that?

So you really have better timing with lower output?
I'll have to look into this.

I wish I got the Pro for higher quality recording, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with my PS4 Slim.

Tyrjo
08-01-2017, 06:05 AM
I have a PS4 Pro and I can't say I have noticed any difference. I run with the 1080p setting.