PDA

View Full Version : Nerf Centurio

ChriSi__95LoL
07-31-2017, 03:07 AM
It's the first time that I Need to complain about something in For Honor. But it's sad that the Centurio has so much guard brake and so much Combos where you can't do anything. The devs Need to nerf the Centurio because he's too strong currently. And don't tell me "I don't know how to fight him". I know how to fight him but it's still sad that he makes 2 Combos and you're dead.

Nerf the Centurio!

kweassa1
07-31-2017, 03:11 AM
You really don't seem to know how to fight him.

ChriSi__95LoL
07-31-2017, 03:17 AM
I really know how to fight him. I won a lot of duels against a Centurio but it's still sad that he has a lot of Combos where you can't block after he began his Combo. For example: When he kicks you you can't even block it cuz guard brake. And the range is op too...it's damn kick. And when you hit him then he still kicks you. If I would hit you with a Katana while you kicking me you would lose your leg.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 03:32 AM
I really know how to fight him. I won a lot of duels against a Centurio but it's still sad that he has a lot of Combos where you can't block after he began his Combo. For example: When he kicks you you can't even block it cuz guard brake. And the range is op too...it's damn kick. And when you hit him then he still kicks you. If I would hit you with a Katana while you kicking me you would lose your leg.

I'm guessing you mean "guard brake" you mean the kick is unblockable and yeah that's kinda the function of unblockables, you have to dodge the kick. He doesn't have hyper armor on kick so if you hit him before the kick lands it will stop him. It's subjective to call the range OP but I have to disagree, it doesn't really go that far. Let's not argue realism in a game that lets a 400lb man and take a polearm to the face and is completely unphased by it. We can even use your character (which is likely Orochi since you said katana) and say you would get your face stabbed in if a spear was going through it while you were trying to pull off a fancy stab behind your back.

ChriSi__95LoL
07-31-2017, 03:40 AM
I'm guessing you mean "guard brake" you mean the kick is unblockable and yeah that's kinda the function of unblockables, you have to dodge the kick. He doesn't have hyper armor on kick so if you hit him before the kick lands it will stop him. It's subjective to call the range OP but I have to disagree, it doesn't really go that far. Let's not argue realism in a game that lets a 400lb man and take a polearm to the face and is completely unphased by it. We can even use your character (which is likely Orochi since you said katana) and say you would get your face stabbed in if a spear was going through it while you were trying to pull off a fancy stab behind your back.

I dodge the kick always yes but when you're in a Corner and you don't have a Chance to dodge then you don't have a Chance. Second example is: When the Centurio Counters then he grabs you and do his Combos with guard brake. He has too much with guard brake. When he does a Counter attack with Combos then you can put away your Controller and just watch

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 04:23 AM
I dodge the kick always yes but when you're in a Corner and you don't have a Chance to dodge then you don't have a Chance. Second example is: When the Centurio Counters then lhe grabs you and do his Combos with guard brake. He has too much with guard brake. When he does a Counter attack with Combos then you can put away your Controller and just watch

Not really, this dumb "put your controller down and watch" rhetoric that's constantly pushed is so old and annoying. The only way that this happens is if he lands a fully charged heavy on you, one that's a 1000ms which can be easily countered by a block and the other which is 1200ms and can be easily parried since once it glows orange(700ms into the animation) it can't be cancelled and they have to commit. 65 damage for an attack that 1200ms is appropriate reward.

Don't get me wrong he's definitely strong in some aspects but people blow his power way out of proportion. In 4s he's a little too effective but in 1s he's just circling above average and that's mostly because of his light parry punish and wall punish, not his kick and combos. If you are doubting this simply watch tournaments and you'll see they consist of warlord, pk, warden, raider, and that's pretty much it.

JibletHunter
07-31-2017, 04:48 AM
Antonio J, staunchly defending centurion since release even though he does not play any more and as the player count plummets. I dont know a single high level tournament player that does not openly talk about how broken cent is in 4's on their streams. You yourself admit it. Then you talk about how he is ABOVE AVERAGE IN 1's! So lets look at this . . . very strong in 4's, and relatively strong in 1's means he ranges \from above average to broken depending on the mode.

I played cent till rep 3. . . and he is blatantly unhealthy for what is overwhelmingly the most popular game modes.

P.S.- since you are so big on accuracy, I dont know why you misquoted his charged heavy damage when we had a full thread about the unlock zone follow up. You say it's 75, I say it's more. However, even assuming you are correct that is more than 65 damage and can be done off of any light parry or wall-bounce. Don't discredit yourself chief.

kweassa1
07-31-2017, 08:20 AM
Melee attacks don't do any damage in duels. It does teensey amounts of damage (lower than light attacks) in 4v4s with feat skills turned on. Melee attacks don't kill by themselves and at some point they need to connect to an actual damaging attack -- which is the exact "counter point" for most Centurion combos.

Like Antonio said, "setting the controller down" is just wrong. There's ALWAYS a key counter point to a cent combo, even in wall situations. People simply fail to recognize what attacks they've been hit by, and what comes next. It's not random. It always has a specific order/variety, which can be narrowed down even more if you can quickly identify what the cent player's personal preference is.

What people having problems with the cent should be doing is not "setting the controller down" and just watching dumbfoundedly -- what they should be doing is specifically identifying what they were hit with, and then immediately prepare for what's to come. Like said, jabs, quickthrows, charged heavies don't just happen randomly. They always come at a specific timing in specific order, and unless you're fighting a masterful FH player using a cent (= you'd be losing to him whatever he played anyway), in miost cases individual players only use a few combinations they're familiar with.

kweassa1
07-31-2017, 08:23 AM
Antonio J, staunchly defending centurion since release even though he does not play any more and as the player count plummets. I dont know a single high level tournament player that does not openly talk about how broken cent is in 4's on their streams. You yourself admit it. Then you talk about how he is ABOVE AVERAGE IN 1's! So lets look at this . . . very strong in 4's, and relatively strong in 1's means he ranges \from above average to broken depending on the mode.

I played cent till rep 3. . . and he is blatantly unhealthy for what is overwhelmingly the most popular game modes.

P.S.- since you are so big on accuracy, I dont know why you misquoted his charged heavy damage when we had a full thread about the unlock zone follow up. You say it's 75, I say it's more. However, even assuming you are correct that is more than 65 damage and can be done off of any light parry or wall-bounce. Don't discredit yourself chief.

Except the op mentioned "duels."

(ps) So which tourney level player openly mentions cents are OP in 4v4s? Got a source?

Xaviloga
07-31-2017, 08:42 AM
Tired of the "play perfect" answers. If i play perfect i can win all characters in game with the worst one. So, the balance disscursion have no sense. Centurion punish a mistake a lot more than any other character in game. A lot more, not just a bit.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 08:49 AM
Jib if you are going to block me then there is no point in responding to one of my posts. What am I wrong about in my post? Am I getting the timing wrong? Am I wrong about the frames? Am I wrong about which characters are in the tournies?

Yes above average, but you know whose far and away better than above average right now and always has been? Warlord and pk, yet everyone silent on them while they demolish everyone because this noob stomp of a character is slamming you guys to the ground. Since we were talking about duels that's what I'm commenting on.

Yeah I stopped playing for a bit because I got bored of the game, was getting ready for a new born, got a new PC, and rediscovered dark souls. I've still been keeping up to date with the forums and I still do play friendlies in duels and brawls which won't reflect on fht.

Still not one shred of proof it's more than 75 other than you posting a thread of some hysteric that barely had a grasp on the English language. the 75 damage combo doesn't work on wall stun that I'm referring to but nice try and as for the light parry I went with the 65 because it's been pretty rare that I've seen people do the 75 damage combo. 90% of the time when I was playing it was still just charged heavy into eagle talons, maybe that's changed. I don't get how I've never seen this "85" damage combo even though I haven't seen it anywhere but from you and the other instance I've already mentioned. Do you think it's more likely that one of you was wrong and then parroted the other, or the two of you both came across this and no one else has been able to record it being recreated including yourself?

Either way I don't see where I was defending it, so not sure why you are jumping down my throat about it. Ubi has already said they are very much against this technique and I would also fall into that camp.

Just comes down to mediocre players being mediocre and jib if you want me to respond then your going to have to unblock me or poke kweassa to quote you again for me.

EDIT: I could fix the typos and grammar but I really don't care about you enough, jib. I'm tired as hell and its not that important to me.You play on PC so I'll never play with you and you on a platform where its far easier to defend yourself against centurion but still manage to struggle against this slightly above average character. Months after release and established tactics on how to handle with centurion and you are still complaining about him. Scrub on, my friend.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 08:50 AM
Tired of the "play perfect" answers. If i play perfect i can win all characters in game with the worst one. So, the balance disscursion have no sense. Centurion punish a mistake a lot more than any other character in game. A lot more, not just a bit.

Youre telling me you gotta play perfect to block an attack that's 1000ms and parry an attack that's 1200ms? Eesh

DrinkinMehStella
07-31-2017, 09:15 AM
so what would you want nerfed then?

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 10:00 AM
Lower stamina drain and increased stamina cost for combos. Fix the tracking of his unblockable attack, it should be really easy to dodge just like kensei UB top heavy.

He should not be able to throw someone that are in revenge mode to the ground. I would really like to see that his kicks and punches don't do anything to someone in revenge, but this would probably be overkill.

All reasonable and I can get behind. Fix his unlock tech and he's in a good spot. The most dangerous thing about him (light parry punish) is going away assuming the pts changes go through and as much as Id rather them not fiddle with balance too much until then these are changes that should have happened long ago.

Benji28613
07-31-2017, 10:00 AM
Lower stamina drain and increase stamina cost for combos. Fix the tracking of his unblockable attack, it should be easy to dodge just like kensei UB top heavy.

He should not be able to throw someone to the ground that are in revenge. I would really like to see that his kicks and punches don't do anything to someone in revenge mode but that is probably overkill.

tuknurjaw
07-31-2017, 03:25 PM
the centurion needs to be nurfed. not as far as damage but he still has an unlimited combo even after the patch and its makes you not even want to play the game anymore when every one is spamming unblockable combos with a centurion but they don't use any of their stamina bar while doing it. and I seen a reply about being unblockable or watch a video that's bs and I have more than likely ran through your team countless number of times with a t-bag at the end. the centurion for some one who really knows how to use and spam his attacks you wont stand a chance especially when your trapped in a corner you will go from a full bar of health to death just from being 1 on 1 with a centurion.

Ghost_SFOD
07-31-2017, 05:17 PM
The Centurion is the perfect counter to those who only turtle. Those who are complaining about him usually don't know how to do anything besides turtle. So my advice would be to stop turtling and learn the other mechanics of the game.

Antonioj26
07-31-2017, 05:53 PM
The Centurion is the perfect counter to those who only turtle. Those who are complaining about him usually don't know how to do anything besides turtle. So my advice would be to stop turtling and learn the other mechanics of the game.

Somewhat true but actually people who really know how to turtle will have no problem against him. His greatest strength is his ridiculous light parry damage and wallstun combo. Turtling centurions are far more dangerous than ones that throw out kicks Willy nilly.

tuknurjaw
07-31-2017, 07:17 PM

so your telling me being able to most times successfully fend off 3 to 4 people in clutch situations , know how to block , know how to use guard breaks , parry, knowing the mechanics of the game and knowing its better to have a short durations of revenge mode rather than a long one your telling me that because you are prolly one of those guys with no skill and keep spamming unlimited combos with a centurion that barely uses any of his stamina that people should learn the mechanics of the game? I bet I could use a kensei and more than likely run through your entire crew in an open area. centurion is a problem. unlimited combos + barely any stamina use = total bs man. one on one all they can do is parry or block but in a multi person battle with all players fighting in one area around walls all some one has to do that (* knows the mechanics of the game) that is using a centurion is get you with the unlimited combo which knocks you down takes all of your stamina then jumps on you and repeat. you cant get away from that wit no stamina dude so troll else where. ive played this game from beta all the way until now and if you knew the mechanics of the game you would acknowledge the issue. the only way it can be stopped is if a teammate hits him or your teammate hits him or you start revenge mode to break the combo. his combo is a mix between an attack and grapple action. so its very easy while fighting some one else to get caught in one and you cannot move at all after that. its way over powered and there needs to be some stamina use to use it if they keep that combo in the game. he shouldn't be able to spam it

SenBotsu893
07-31-2017, 07:25 PM
the centurion nerf is long overdue...

for a full season centurion players could abuse his broken and unintended mechanics of wich some are still in the game.

the general responce from centurion players is always the same:

"centurion is not so hard to beat you just dont have to get hit"
or
"his parry punish is only hard if you get parried so dont get parried"

this is obvoisly an exageration on my end but its in the essence what people say when they defend the centurion.

Ghost_SFOD
08-01-2017, 10:57 PM
You really cry a lot for someone who has been in the game since the beta.

Anyone who knows how to use their character in situations like that can easily hold 3 to 4 people. And that mechanic you're talking about is the same with the lawbringer, conq, shinobi, nobushi, valk, and the warlord.

I don't even use the Centurion for one so your impotent attempt at an insult failed. They have blue pills for that.

Oh you can use the Kensei?! You must be a god at this game. Shall we all bow or simply start calling you M'Lord?

All the characters have an unlimited combo if you are smart enough, the one with a real problem is the Shinobi (but that's not what this post is about). Centurion has the highest stamina of any character in the game being at 160 while the next closest is 145, so the unlimited stamina is not true he just has more of it. I thought you knew your game mechanics? Eh, more impotence.

That's all you can really do when getting ganked on anyway, so I don't really see your point. Try harder next time?

Here, I'll give you a basic guide to help you with the Centurion. Most players after light attacks(make sure that it isn't a zone attack. You know the mechanics right?) most players will try and go for a grab. This is an easy guard break. Then when they go for the kick a dodge to the side is better in the new patch rather to the back. (Another mechanics thing you claim to know.) From there he has his heavies. This is where it can get tricky. Timing a block, parry, or dodge can be difficult seeing he has a 2 second charge up timer on his attack where he can prematurely release it and get'cha. This is where some skill comes into place(maybe your knowledge of game mechanics can substitute for that).

Point being he's not broken, you're just a stale player that can't handle the change of a new character breaking your turtling. Time to adapt or keep lowering your K\D doesn't effect me in anyway.

UbiJurassic
08-02-2017, 02:28 AM
It's the first time that I Need to complain about something in For Honor. But it's sad that the Centurio has so much guard brake and so much Combos where you can't do anything. The devs Need to nerf the Centurio because he's too strong currently. And don't tell me "I don't know how to fight him". I know how to fight him but it's still sad that he makes 2 Combos and you're dead.

Nerf the Centurio!

We know that Centurion has been a constant pain for players since his initial release at the start of Season 2. We are continuing to evaluate and make adjustments to him, with the next change coming in Season 3 for multiple Centurions ganking a player.