PDA

View Full Version : Is it okay to be this dissapointed?

kristupas123
07-30-2017, 09:31 PM
Hello, so, I bought this game on playstation(Weekly deal). Before I tell my thing with this game, yes, I did watch reviews, various gameplay videos and so on, it's also not an old game, I'm sure it was released on February.

I hate the most about this game is skill rating and matchmaking, I don't understand how this game pretty much all of the time sets me up with extremely good players, players that literaly kill me before I can hit them for 2-3 hits, in matter if fact, I only found one fair match, where both of us were fresh players and it was fair fight. I did play ALL if the gamemodes for 3 and more times, yet all I found in those matches was pure boredom and anger, as they were so difficult to play...

I did play all of the tutorials, watched few vids, even played half of the campaign before matchmaking, I even went to free froam with my so far "fav" hero Lawbringer and peacemaker.

I'm not a bad player, I'm a bit above average, but this skill climb is non existent.

I already deleted the game, even tho I only played it for good 2 days, I think it wasn't worth $30 dollars, campaign isn't even that good...

Oupyz
07-30-2017, 10:05 PM
well u shouldn't die at all in the current live version of the game , just block block block block and use a class that has an unblockable opener , cent/warden/lovebringer/warlord

stay away from Kensei Orochi Nobushi and some hard classes to play in the begining

Lyskir
07-30-2017, 10:21 PM
use the player vs ai mode to practice and lean movesets and parry timings from various heroes + level your hero and get gear
at least thats what i did and im a decent player now , not good but not bad ether^^

Jediknight482
07-30-2017, 10:59 PM
It sounds like you gave up too quick. You might be an above average gamer overall but if you arent familiar with fighting games then you cant just pick the game up and expect to learn everything in 2 days. There is a skill gap in this game, just like any other fighting based game. Its called practice. Did you once maybe try and find someone to play with? to help you? Clearly not.

Antonioj26
07-30-2017, 11:16 PM
Hello, so, I bought this game on playstation(Weekly deal). Before I tell my thing with this game, yes, I did watch reviews, various gameplay videos and so on, it's also not an old game, I'm sure it was released on February.

I hate the most about this game is skill rating and matchmaking, I don't understand how this game pretty much all of the time sets me up with extremely good players, players that literaly kill me before I can hit them for 2-3 hits, in matter if fact, I only found one fair match, where both of us were fresh players and it was fair fight. I did play ALL if the gamemodes for 3 and more times, yet all I found in those matches was pure boredom and anger, as they were so difficult to play...

I did play all of the tutorials, watched few vids, even played half of the campaign before matchmaking, I even went to free froam with my so far "fav" hero Lawbringer and peacemaker.

I'm not a bad player, I'm a bit above average, but this skill climb is non existent.

I already deleted the game, even tho I only played it for good 2 days, I think it wasn't worth $30 dollars, campaign isn't even that good...

It's definitely going to be a steep learning curve since there aren't a ton of newcomers. Like lyskir said you can practice vs. ai for a bit just so you are comfortable with your character. You can also add me on psn, im more than willing to teach you a few things and even run teams with you so you can get more acquainted.
Psn: alyssaa-3
I use my wife's profile since my cousin used all my steel on mine.

JibletHunter
07-30-2017, 11:50 PM
Just leave man, the game is imbalanced garbage. Half of the people here dont even play anymore and just like to watch the death-spiral.

nufrancis
08-01-2017, 10:46 AM
I suggest before you play dominion, elimination, and skirmish you play vs AI until you got blue gear stats at minimum, if not you will be slaughtered easily.

If you want to play duel and brawls at minimum you have to train with AI level 3 until you can beat them with ease. With ease, I mean like the AI only can land 1-3 hits to you. Duel and Brawls are beasts den, because this is the place where high skilled players train.

Jarl.Felix
08-01-2017, 11:41 AM
Next time just listen the reviews. They are not made for nothing. 55% players can't just be wrong when they reviewed this product.

Tyrjo
08-01-2017, 01:08 PM
The learning curve is steep in this game, especially if you are not used to fighting games. Play one week straight and you will become twice as good as you are now. Play another month and your skill will be a lot greater than they are now. It takes time to get good with this game.

EDG_Avocado
08-01-2017, 04:31 PM
yea it's normal

kweassa1
08-01-2017, 05:13 PM

I'll be blunt here, because honest truth always helps better than buttering up the situation.

Just how sure are you, when you say "I'm not a bad player, I'm a bit above average". I've got 595 hours played and I'm barely average. There are boatloads of players more talented than me, and even if I were younger and at my prime, with better eye sight, reflexes, more time to play games and practice, I'd still be about average.

Of all the games in the world, the fighting game genre is often the most brutal and unforgiving to one's ego. It's not hard to see why it's not exactly a super popular genre nowadays, and the relative difference in match performance between each tiers of players gets only steeper as you become better.

Getting better at fighting games is all about the realization of just how much you suck, and not having any fantasies about your own skill. Its only when new players fully understand that they're really, really aren't "good players" at all, that the full picture comes into view.

So a fighting game experience is always about the humiliation, and how determined and motivated you are to challenge yourself to see just how better you can get from that point... and then take things slow, practicing days, weeks, months to become better until realize you've actually become a lot better than you were once.

Most fighting game newbies go through that process. After a few months, they usually look back at their old forum posts and feel a deep sense of shame and embarrassment, because when you actually do become a little better in the game, you finalize realize just how clueless you were back then, how ridiculous and funny it must have looked to other people who really are "better than average".

So here's a tip: don't get any fantasies about your skill level.

Ask around about how to counter situations you can't beat. When you ask those questions, people will give you an answer, and you will immediately think to yourself "that's easier said than done." The problem is, the real "better than average" players out there, are folks who actually DO pull off those "easier said than done" counter moves naturally like eating candy.

So the basic mindset of the fighting gamer is "simply practice and gain more combat experience -- until 'easier said than done' stuff, become 'easier done than said'".

There are no "that works only in theory" in fighting games. In fighting games, the good players are those who can pull off all of those "theories" in real life.