PDA

View Full Version : Melee Exclusive AI Enemies (That Have NO Projectile attack)

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
07-30-2017, 07:56 PM
Hey all. So I'm a big fan of The Walking Dead, and have always loved playing Zombie themed maps in the Farcry series. If you're a fan of the TV show then you'll know that the upcoming Montana palette should be quite similar to the Atlanta and Washington locations visited by Rick Grimes and his fellow survivors, something that I'm particularly excited about.

So, with this said, I'd love to formally request to the devs some form of (with the option to make respawnable in all game modes) Zombie enemy AI in Farcry 5's map editor.

In Farcry 3, Zombie maps where created using the masked beheader (that black suited, red tiki masked knife wielder), however once killed, the AI would be unable to respawn, leading to very short lived experiences.

In Farcry 4, we were given the solider beheader and that dark spirit thing beheader, both of which would have made quite nice zombies, however they each featured a projectile attack in which they would throw knives, destroying any possibility to have an authentic Zombie fighting experience.

In Farcry 5, I'd love to see a MELEE ONLY enemy that featured NO PROJECTILE ATTACK so that we once more could create an authentic and entertaining Zombie experience in the Farcry editor. Further more, I'd love to see the option of making AI's respawnable added to ALL GAMEMODES, just so that we the user are given more options when designing our gameplay experience.

I know that this specific request is probably not high on anyone's list, but given how easy it would be to develop, I'd hope that if perhaps the right dev saw this it could slide its way into the game. The Farcry Series, with Farcry 5's palette in particular has always offered a very visceral and raw style of gameplay, something I love to see in my favorite Zombie games, but what I love most is that the map editor gives me the ability to craft my own Zombie fighting experience- I hope this is something that can be considered!

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
07-30-2017, 08:00 PM
It doesn't even need to be a zombie skinned AI- just some knife wielding, shirtless 'beheader' character would work, as long as he didn't throw knives or had any other sort of projectile attack!

Ubi-KitKoumal
07-31-2017, 03:59 PM
Hey there C0MMANDERC0LS0N,

I will forward your message to the rest of the team. :)

Even though you want to bring the apocalypse to Montana! QAQ

Cheers,

Kit

Canadian Beer42
07-31-2017, 07:25 PM
What about a zombie in the map editor all together, instead of just a beheader. Thinking of map editor exclusive things.

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
08-02-2017, 03:02 PM
Thank you so much! :)

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
12-11-2017, 08:40 PM
BUMP!

I'd also like to say (for any poor soul willing to give my post any further attention) that I would LOVE to see more weather effects return to the editor. Combing the Montana palette, what with its trees and agriculture, has the serious potential to look like Oregon or Washing State if we were to also have overcast and rainy weather options. Plus, weather options in general were lacking in FC4. I would however prefer to have something a little more mild then the complete and utter hurricane that was Far Cry 3's overcast setting. You know, just a nice, cloudy rainy day. I am so grateful to have Devs on here that are willing to look for feed back and the community's comments, and am really looking forward to the games release. Thank you for considering my prior suggestion for Zombie AI on this post, I hope you consider this as well (you know, with that extra month of development time ;P

C0MMANDERC0LS0N
12-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Washington*

Steve64b
12-19-2017, 05:53 PM
Yeah, perhaps there could be some big biker or jock that's just a big brute who deals damage with fists/knuckles. If there's such an AI in there, perhaps *someone* (like me :P) would be able to construct something akin to zombies in terms of behavior. That is, IF modding for FC5 will be possible; it does use the Dunia engine, but Primal needed new tools to be modable since FC4. I'm expecting the same to be the case for FC5...