PDA

View Full Version : PTR feedback - devs please take note

StriderBorne
07-30-2017, 02:04 PM
This person has always done excellent analysis on the game mechanics and current state of affairs. Devs would be wise to listen rather than just release as is like their past behavior has been

https://youtu.be/TUbz4HAIb5Q

Summary: chip damage should be able to kill and here's why (turtle meta still thriving at low HP, details)

CandleInTheDark
07-30-2017, 02:19 PM
I have a lot of respect for JBirse, sometimes I agree with her, sometimes I disagree but I always respect that she has her reasons for what she says. I legitimately guessed it was JBirse before I clicked the link because of what you said in your post.

I kind of agree and disagree with this, I think the reasoning behind needing a clean stab for a kill whether light or heavy is that say someone has used chip damage to get you all the way there, this benefits quicker characters like the assassins more and will firmly lodge those able to spam quick attacks at the top of the meta. At the same time, she is very much right that in that last bar of hp, people are going to turtle and turtles will stay at the top of the pile.

My favoured solution would be to keep chip damage as it is and to keep the regen but lower the amount that regens to the lowest light punish. It still has the problem with what do you do about the last hp if someone is turtling, but it does remove the issue where you can wait until you are back to 25 hp before doing something riskier to try to bring the opponent down to your level and if they add the lowest hp loses rule from tournament to regular duel then the clock is against them.

UbiNoty
07-30-2017, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the feedback. We're using the PT to test the changes first in order to give us an opportunity to hear what you all think before it goes live so we don't "just release it". I've no doubt the devs have probably already seen her video, but I'll pass it along just in case.

StriderBorne
07-31-2017, 01:15 AM
I posted a separate thread where I think Mege has broken down all the parry punished and OOS.
The devs need to see it, and based on it the continued favoritism for the centurion is getting really old and not appreciated. It's seriously stupid.
Anyway thanks for the response

https://youtu.be/v_iz7g4dk7E

Knight_Raime
07-31-2017, 11:29 AM
I have a lot of respect for JBirse, sometimes I agree with her, sometimes I disagree but I always respect that she has her reasons for what she says. I legitimately guessed it was JBirse before I clicked the link because of what you said in your post.

I kind of agree and disagree with this, I think the reasoning behind needing a clean stab for a kill whether light or heavy is that say someone has used chip damage to get you all the way there, this benefits quicker characters like the assassins more and will firmly lodge those able to spam quick attacks at the top of the meta. At the same time, she is very much right that in that last bar of hp, people are going to turtle and turtles will stay at the top of the pile.

My favoured solution would be to keep chip damage as it is and to keep the regen but lower the amount that regens to the lowest light punish. It still has the problem with what do you do about the last hp if someone is turtling, but it does remove the issue where you can wait until you are back to 25 hp before doing something riskier to try to bring the opponent down to your level and if they add the lowest hp loses rule from tournament to regular duel then the clock is against them.

I back your solution as well. Hers seems aimed at removing turtling. I believe too many people are trying to remove defensive/reactive play. That's just not going to happen considering for honor is less of a normal fighting game and more of a fencing game. The goal of the changes isn't to remove these options entirely or to make them awful. The goal is simply to bring the reward of it down. and let combat flow better with more aggression and mix ups.

if we do the proposed solution you mentioned candle it takes the reward for playing defensive in that situation away. which is what we need.