PDA

View Full Version : Death by 1000 cuts

thekingshad
07-29-2017, 08:34 PM
Hurricane blast is not a viable option because it's easily dodged and wind gust does too little damage. As of now, it's better to just parry as an orochi. In addition to its current damage, wind gust and/or hurricane blast should inflict bleed. This would at least make deflecting tempting and viable. BTW storm dash is basically a guaranteed block or parry. It's suppose to punish whiffs but it's start up is way too slow.

Moondyne_MC
07-30-2017, 01:58 AM
I really don't understand why people say Hurricane Blast isn't viable.. Maybe it's because I play 4v4 almost exclusively, but HB comes out at almost Warlord headbutt speed, does decent damage, is unblockable with no guard indicator. Do high level players really just dodge it every time? Because I've literally never seen that happen.

Or is it just a PC issue?

Alustar.
07-30-2017, 12:01 PM
They are deflect mechanics, they are only going to activate as fast as you can get to them. I'm on the fence about the whole thing in terms of usefulness ( I deflect often on my PK) but my problem is that a successful deflect doesn't halt an enemy's current combo, so unless your timing is a split second, trained reaction the chances of you getting hit by a second attack are higher.

It takes practice to pull them off and is possible, however I do think it needs a second look. Classes like Zerk, kensei, orochi and warlord I don't bother with the deflect follow up because the chances of hyper armor eating through my attacks after I've already deflected one.

Lyskir
07-30-2017, 12:37 PM
many good orochis use it as a punish after u dode a heavy or something else, not as an offense tool

Alustar.
07-30-2017, 12:56 PM
Thats how the class is meant to be played. Defensively. Orochi is a counter-attacker.

UbiNoty
07-30-2017, 11:49 PM
As there seems to be quite some difference in opinions on Orochi's Hurricane blast, I can definitely make a note to the team to take a look at it.