PDA

View Full Version : Question So is there one Precursor Box or multiple?

Syndicate122
07-29-2017, 01:45 PM
Even though Aymar has confirmed that the box given to Shao by Ezio was the same in Rogue,there are numerous facts that contradict this.

In the war letters of Assassin's Creed: Rogue, the Templar John Harrison writes to Grand Master Reginald Birch that the Chinese Assassins had sent Shao Jun's box to Acapulco, and from there, to the West Indies, about a century after Jun's death.

Now it would be peculiar that Harrison misreports that the Chinese Assassins retained Jun's box for a hundred years and more. However, Richard Farrese, the lead writer to Assassin's Creed: Rogue, discounted in a podcast with YouTuber Loomer that Jun's box is identical to that of Shay. This was reaffirmed later with the release of Assassin's Creed Chronicles: India and Assassin's Creed Chronicles: Russia, where Jun's box is shown to have passed from the Chinese Templars to the British Templar William Sleeman operating in India and hence to the Russian Tsar Nicholas II, thus clearly differentiating it from Shay's box, but contradicting the war letter in Rogue.

To add to this confusion, while Farrese also clarified that Adéwalé's box in Freedom Cry is the one that ends up in Shay's hands in Rogue, they are distinct in design. While the latter bears a rectangular lid which splits in half and slides open, with even the sides of the box unraveling to expose the mechanisms within, the former has a round lid that seems to open on hinges like a typical box. Ironically, this means that the box in Freedom Cry is actually more similar in design and appearance to the one in Embers.

So going back to the question,are there actually two boxes or one box?

Sorrosyss
07-29-2017, 04:44 PM
Though they may be the same box, there will of course be more than one box out there. Like there is more than one Apple, more than one Shroud. Did you see how many boxes Abstergo had in the movie? :p

Loadssss

http://i.imgur.com/iRQ9xkg.jpg

Also technically the Ark of the Covenant is one too.

http://i.imgur.com/7yp0j9K.png

Syndicate122
07-29-2017, 05:12 PM
Thanks for your reply Sorrosyss,I knew I could count on you :D

But what makes you think the box shown in Embers and the one in Rogue is the same?

Sorrosyss
07-29-2017, 08:06 PM
Purely as that was what Aymar said.

But in my mind honestly, they should be seperate boxes. As you say, we have two different locations in the same time periods, they are visually fairly different... and in the Rogue concept art the box featured in it supposedly has small machinery inside of it. Whereas Shao's was to all intents 'empty'. As I said though, it can't be the only one out there. The Isu spanned the globe, there has to be more in a vault somewhere.

Syndicate122
07-30-2017, 07:05 AM
True,but I still don't know why Aymar said those two are the same boxes,even in the *Assassin's Creed: The Essential Guide Chapter 2: The Precursor Civilization* it has clearly stated that those two are seperate boxes.

"Precursor Boxes are artifacts used in conjunction with other Pieces of Eden to trigger certain effects. When activated, boxes have been known to imprint memories onto users, as well as decipher Precursor writing and project holograms of maps. In the place of a Piece of Eden to power a box, electricity/lightning has been used to open/activate Precursor Boxes, although the risk of damaging them exists if this method is used. Two confirmed Precursor Boxes exist; one is currently in possession of Álvaro Gramática, while the location of the other is unknown.

Ezio gave a Precursor Box to Shao Jun, telling her to open it only as a last resort. This box later surfaced in the possession of the Russian Imperial family; when unexpectedly activated by the Shard of Eden carried by the Assassin Nikolai Orelov, it imprinted Shao Jun's memories onto Anastasia Romanov."

This is given in said book on page 29.