PDA

View Full Version : Questions regarding the defensive meta patch

Maaci
07-28-2017, 02:32 PM
So thats it? Or wil there be more changes?
According to the gamespot interview, the guy that did the answers said that he was happy how parry worked but when it came ot the top 5-10% parry was to good.

So my question is, are you then happy about parry in general? And only wants to make some small changes? Thing is, on live game its impossible to hit with a heavy attack->cuz parrying it is way to easy and effecient.

The change you make for this is you make parry harder to get out from. If the enemy feints his attack, and you parry now you might not get back in time to block.
It Doesnt Sound Good.

Its a 50/50 then for you? Will he feint or will he not feint. If he feint i might eat a heavy. If he dont feint, i will parry him and give him a light attack.

The risk/reward is to bad for the parry player here. Either so, its a guess game which i dont like either.

The good change you did is no guardbreak after parry. Why is this a good change? Well first of all, it makes the "free damage" less. Also, it doesnt interrupt the flow of combat as much.

Thoughts of making parry a tempo changer purely? And no free damage. Could increase the tempo if three parries are made within 20sec for example.
SO it becomes harder and harder to block then if the tempo increases.

Either way, interrupting of combat and freedamage is not fun.

I actually thoughts you were gonna make it so combos are available. And parry doesnt interrupt combat as much(it still do, it give free light attack) and instead it was a tempo and initative changer, and than characters could get unique parries.
This whole interruption of combat and crowd control are so bloody boring, i cant believe you actually like this.

I guess the changes you made are for people that play now only? Mostly. Thats what was said in the gamepost interview.
Well i will look at the patches in the future a bit, but for now i wont come back i am afraid. IAm a player that could play several hours a day aswell.

EDIT:
YOU ALSO SAID LAST WEEK A BLOG WILL COME UP THIS WEEK WITH ALL CHANGES. I guess the "plan" was the blog?
I thought i would see all potential meta balance changes that you had in store overall.

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 02:45 PM
in terms of your edit, this was placed on reddit yesterday - https://www.reddit.com/r/ForHonorPTS/comments/6phnra/upcoming_pts_change_full_list/ that details the changes they have going.

They said a few times on teh Den none of this is final, this is why they want a lot of feedback from people on the PTS board they have set up, if things don't work, they will be looked at, but the onus is on the community to play the game and say hey this works or hey you need to change this.

Edit - and this would be the blog they mentioned on their own site https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-296526-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32

Maaci
07-28-2017, 03:20 PM
in terms of your edit, this was placed on reddit yesterday - https://www.reddit.com/r/ForHonorPTS/comments/6phnra/upcoming_pts_change_full_list/ that details the changes they have going.

They said a few times on teh Den none of this is final, this is why they want a lot of feedback from people on the PTS board they have set up, if things don't work, they will be looked at, but the onus is on the community to play the game and say hey this works or hey you need to change this.

Edit - and this would be the blog they mentioned on their own site https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-gb/news-community/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-296526-16&ct=tcm:154-76770-32
I got the impression that they would release patchnotes with MORE CHANGES than they talked about last week. I thought that more changes were to come later?
If that was not the case, then so be it.

Also, yes nothing is final but thats so standard. What iam interesting is their other philosophy plans, because i got the impression that they hade more in store but wasnt ready or didnt want to test those right away.

T_Sesh
07-28-2017, 04:21 PM
I got the impression that they would release patchnotes with MORE CHANGES than they talked about last week. I thought that more changes were to come later?
If that was not the case, then so be it.

Also, yes nothing is final but thats so standard. What iam interesting is their other philosophy plans, because i got the impression that they hade more in store but wasnt ready or didnt want to test those right away.

It sounds like you need to watch the Warriors Den streams or actually read the blog posts, as they speak on the philosophy of the changes currently in the PTS in both. In the most recent Warriors Den, they made it clear that what is in the PTS is the first "chunk" of proposed changes to the fighting system, with more play tests to be done with potentially different changes over the next few months before hopefully having something finalized by Season 4.

Maaci
07-28-2017, 04:36 PM
Yeah i have done both. Thats why i say the impression i got is that they have more changes in store.. Right?
You are right they say it in the blog so what i do want to get is some more concrete stuff, since the impression i got was that they would release more changes to us, more concrete changes.
IAm out now.

matt89connor
07-28-2017, 04:54 PM
but these changes they come in 1 blow? or every week we see a lot of parts of PT fight sys in the original game?

T_Sesh
07-28-2017, 05:08 PM
Yeah i have done both. Thats why i say the impression i got is that they have more changes in store.. Right?
You are right they say it in the blog so what i do want to get is some more concrete stuff, since the impression i got was that they would release more changes to us, more concrete changes.
IAm out now.

They do likely have more changes in store, yes, though it's doubtful even they have the changes they may want to test in the next PTS "concrete" yet. You're talking about another test that we wont see for weeks, and a lot of things can change between now and then, so there's no sense in telling you what they plan for that test when even they probably don't know yet.

UbiNoty
07-29-2017, 01:44 AM
Nothing is final. The PT is our chance to see which ideas work, and which don't. What things need tweaking, what is amazing, and what should be dumped. So make sure you leave your feedback to us on the PT subforums (http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1670-Suggestions-amp-Feedback)!

UbiNoty
07-29-2017, 01:46 AM
Oh, also: The full notes on meta changes (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-296526-16/public-test-meta-changes)

Tyrjo
07-29-2017, 08:06 AM
Can people stop assuming these are final changes? The changes are TESTED on the PTR. Nothing is final and things may be toned up, toned down or not even implemented.