PDA

View Full Version : Dedicated servers + for honor on a bigger scale

Redditmember55
07-28-2017, 10:24 AM
Dear Ubisoft Team,

yesterdays announcement was a huge positive shock, so keep the happy mood. I'm looking forward to work on a simple idea. I know, it is far away at the moment, but in the forthcomings with the dedicated servers could you make bigger battles than 4 vs 4? The new game mode is cool, but imagine, what would happen if you would introduce properly a team fight with bigger teams, it could be the same Dominion just with more warriors (or even other new game modes). If you have the servers, you could make this dream become real, thousands of players would try and like this larger mode.

But: first you have to implement the Art of War, feats, possible ganking situations in these bigger game modes before releasing it, maybe some future PTS could have a new goal, test bigger battles, I hope that with STABIL INGAME CONNECTION+ BALANCE this new idea would improve For Honor to be one of the best games.

Before others start to complain, I know, first connectivity, balance, meta changes, but as Ubisoft I'm looking for the long term with For Honor.

So start an open and prosperating discussion about this topic, and Ubinoty or the other Ubi Forum Leaders, join us, answer our questions and bring these thoughts to the Devs, maybe after Season 4 you could make this happen (or before S4, it is up to you and your servers)

Thanks, and keep going with the game

Alustar.
07-28-2017, 10:49 AM
A great possibility to come from this outside of huge group battles is an open "fighting pit" where you can go and watch/join in the days fights? Probably. It easy but would be great to not only BE in a setting where you can duel repeatedly, but then spectate other fights while in intermission.

SenBotsu893
07-28-2017, 12:57 PM
hahaha i had the same fantasy some time back. i was thinking like a battlefieldisch map with many capture points. lots of minoin chokepoints. like really storming a freaking hughe castle, first the outer walls than the inner walls.. something like that. or like infantry and cavalry combat but for cavalry you had to implement a whole new combat mechanic. haaaa one can still dream right :D

well maybe in for honor 2

C00tBAjenkins
07-28-2017, 02:08 PM
A great possibility to come from this outside of huge group battles is an open "fighting pit" where you can go and watch/join in the days fights? Probably. It easy but would be great to not only BE in a setting where you can duel repeatedly, but then spectate other fights while in intermission.
Yeah, I was thinking that with servers the possibility of a spectator mode is much more likely. I could see a fighting pit style tourney with spectator mode being achievable now.

RatedChaotic
07-28-2017, 02:13 PM
hahaha i had the same fantasy some time back. i was thinking like a battlefieldisch map with many capture points. lots of minoin chokepoints. like really storming a freaking hughe castle, first the outer walls than the inner walls.. something like that. or like infantry and cavalry combat but for cavalry you had to implement a whole new combat mechanic. haaaa one can still dream right :D

well maybe in for honor 2

The horses wouldnt be too difficult. There is a story mission where you do fight on a horse.....kinda

But ya I would love bigger scale battles. I was upset when this game only went to 4v4s. I was thinking at the beginning this game was going to be a medieval fighter with a fps kinda build to it. I was sad when it was just 4v4.

Redditmember55
07-28-2017, 03:00 PM
If you think the same way then help this thread to get bigger, and reach the Forum Leaders, and The Dev Team in time, I think with the servers, they can raise the game to a really big scale, maybe some 20 vs. 20, first I imagined Honor as a true Battlefield type game, only difference we use melee weapons, but we have big maps and dozens of warriors

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 03:00 PM
I think if they are going to do this, it needs to be done in a way that ignoring the objectives in favour of roaming as a twenty person mass is going to hurt you. The way Battlefield works would be a good thing to take into mind, i think, the map is huge with five checkpoints, if you are all in one you are likely losing three of the other four. You also have the option to form into four man squads (though you can go solo as well), you can spawn on anyone in your squad and you always know where each other are so you might get a time when it is 4v4 or more lopsided 4v2 and such but it is rare you will have a full blown 20v20 in one big mess (which might be good in a pit though if one takes an early lead it could end very quickly) or ten people chasing one person across the map.

UbiNoty
07-29-2017, 02:05 AM
Dear Ubisoft Team,

yesterdays announcement was a huge positive shock, so keep the happy mood. I'm looking forward to work on a simple idea. I know, it is far away at the moment, but in the forthcomings with the dedicated servers could you make bigger battles than 4 vs 4? The new game mode is cool, but imagine, what would happen if you would introduce properly a team fight with bigger teams, it could be the same Dominion just with more warriors (or even other new game modes). If you have the servers, you could make this dream become real, thousands of players would try and like this larger mode.

But: first you have to implement the Art of War, feats, possible ganking situations in these bigger game modes before releasing it, maybe some future PTS could have a new goal, test bigger battles, I hope that with STABIL INGAME CONNECTION+ BALANCE this new idea would improve For Honor to be one of the best games.

Before others start to complain, I know, first connectivity, balance, meta changes, but as Ubisoft I'm looking for the long term with For Honor.

So start an open and prosperating discussion about this topic, and Ubinoty or the other Ubi Forum Leaders, join us, answer our questions and bring these thoughts to the Devs, maybe after Season 4 you could make this happen (or before S4, it is up to you and your servers)

Thanks, and keep going with the game

Thanks for the support!

Your suggestion is certainly an idea we could entertain in the future as dedicated servers will give us a bit more freedom in that regard. And like we said in the roadmap, we're going to be introducing a unique new game mode in S4 which is still a pretty big mystery. So anything can still happen. :)

Tyrjo
07-29-2017, 08:03 AM
I don't think the power is there on the old PS4 and Xbox one. Not if they want to keep everything looking like it does.

Redditmember55
07-29-2017, 09:11 AM
Dear Ubinoty,

thanks for your fast response, could you deliver than this idea to the Dev team as a future possibility for the game?Or you could somehow get other players involved in this topic, maybe even a Ubisoft survey on the Forums? It would be an interesting and exciting one.

GaelonD
07-30-2017, 07:46 AM
We want these changes to happen, Ubisoft, if you can, put For Honor on a bigger scale as this thread already mentioned, FH deserves it. I have spoken about this idea, and all my friends liked it, and most of them would make a comeback to the game, if they could get bigger battles.