PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den July 27th

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 04:00 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp157U7QXus

We have a video, I have a keyboard, we are Warriors and this is our Den. I joined reddit in the kerfluffle yesterday and this is in just now from Eric.

Please join us for a big show today, with some news you won't want to miss. Damien and Roman have prepared A POWERPOINT! Which will contain stuff we have not announced. And it's not reveals of heroes, not maps...

Also we'll have our regular segments like the Hero Series recap, the Faction War recap (oh god) and yes Damien and Bio will discuss the Faction War Reward Ornaments.

Cool new giveaways this week as well! But really even if you're one of the people who isn't interested in any of the regular segments we do, please do tune in for the first 15-20 minutes at least. :)

They did a last week recap for the last segment when they revealed they have Big News (tm) for this show..

Eric has pants! Montreal net is down hence youtube issues, they found one line for twitch.

PTS 2 is up.

Patch is live for PC.

New content, ice ice baby (effect).

They have samurai shirts for shadow and might winners,

Powerpoint!

This powerpoint will cover season three and four stuff. They showed a roadmap since launch, more than twelve patches so far, quit penalty etc. Roadmap for now, continuing to add new content, balancing, stability etc.

Season 3 starts in August and finishes in November. They have a new duel system as discussed last week, fight system update, two new heroes and maps (discussing next week). Reputation level cap will be raised to 40 and there are new rewards. Legendary gear rarity. Last one for now, green in colour. New emotes, executions, outfits, ornaments, etc. regular patches and updates will continue.

Season 4 between November and February. New 4v4 PVP game mode, full new game mode not just a redo of a current one. Ranked mode (but not tournament) extended to 4v4. There will be a new training arena, any bot can be spawned and behaviour will be modifiable (I want to call out the person who said this will never happen when I said the devs said they were working on it one stream and say HA!) There will be a fight system update depending on test server feedback for new things planned to be tested in season 3. There will be a new tutorial, they will have better tutorials which will involve all the skills such as deflect which is not in the current one. Launch of new season will also have two new heroes and maps as usual, new weapons and armour visuals, no new rarity level. New stat values, emotes, executions,outfits, etc general regular patches and updates. They have long term aims for this game, this has not been release and forget.

The biggest announcement was that there are plans to migrate to dedicated servers.

Why now - After they launched, they discovered new online challenges that they did not see as evident in beta. They worked hard to fix the stability and connectivity in 4v4. It affected different people differently, some people had no problems, some (most?) had many more. They worked a lot on it and did patches on it, they took a step back to look at what had been done and ask what if they actually changed the architecture. After doing a full study for improvements, they decided that for the long term future of the game and their aims for it this is where they wanted to go.

Benefits - Improvement of stability in 4v4 and not needing to manage your NAT. They have many things they have in development from the future impacted right now by the current architecture. They are still working on P2P and improving this in the mean time. The switch is going to take some time so they are working on what they have, mini rant from Roman this was never a release and forget project. They made the analogy that if a patch is like changing a tyre while still driving, this is essentially changing the engine since the architecture is built around P2P.

When - Full transparency, it is too soon to say, it is a long process, they are already working on it, it isn't like they made this decision yesterday and we will have updates when they have them, but they are actively working on it.

They gave an update on Hero series scores, Luc is on holiday but sent a recording, there are a couple people who have their tickets already booked, the main Brazilian clan that has dominated had someone break their block and move into second..

There was a casting example from vividnaz, deadline for auditions tomorrow, must be on For Honor play not any other game.

Bio is here for faction war update.

They repeated the rule that it is the assets over the round that decides the season. They acknowledge that it was confusing that the site showed the turn rather than the round and they are working on that.

They mentioned the rewards (which they showed), samurai were happy for two minutes then started calling Eric terrible things! Normal day for Eric they say >.> Apparently Bio is to blame for the ornament, send feedback to her (she is brave saying that).

They went with a different direction for these ornaments and went with one ornament the same design for all heroes. The reason for this is they want these to seem magical, the reasoning is that with one ornament, people can see that you won that season's war and that is the job of the reward ornament That is the direction they want to go now.

Bio will be back next week to share things in the patch notes for next season. Watch the war segment was played.

Questions from community.

Someone asked how extensively they intend to test the defensive meta fix. The goal is to test them first before they hit so they will be testing a lot.

Someone asked when there will be a hardcore duel mode and if the mode is implemented will there be changes regarding it. They are planning on doing other events and modes in events, they don't plan to balance heroes for events which is what these would be.

Does the anti run mechanic take into consideration you can relock, take one hit then run away again. They think so, it is based on an accumulation, nto one specific animation, if they run and attack run and attack that accumulation will go up. Is it working in all cases? This is why they are doing this in a test environment first.

With the changes to parries coming will there be changes to parry based characters. Again this is why they are testing these changes, to find the impact, before they go live, what type of modifications will they need is part of that.

Does the parry after the defence meta do stamina damage? There are no changes to what was announced.

There was a question on rate matches, it was more a beta tool, but they do use the data if people give it. Use it, they will look at it.

Internet in Montreal is down so they can't take questions from chat so it was a short one.

They did a community corner.

Next week, first look at season 3 and patch notes. Damien and Roman will both be absent if either of them are the only reason you tune in.

The_B0G_
07-27-2017, 04:08 PM
I have a feeling this segment will have more replies than the last 5.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 04:11 PM
I might not keep a refresh page to keep up with the comments until the Den is over today >.> I try to recap what the devs say neutrally and if there is going to be a debate while it is on I don't want to be wading into it until I am out of the I am a neutral recap guy mindset.

The_B0G_
07-27-2017, 04:17 PM
I was hoping the hero reveal was today since the season is over, too bad.

bmason1000
07-27-2017, 04:24 PM
Eric's PR hype man skills are on point... I'm very very interested in this den. I'll be home in six, can't wait to read it all!

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 04:30 PM
Eric's PR hype man skills are on point... I'm very very interested in this den. I'll be home in six, can't wait to read it all!

Yeah got to love the PR skills, and honestly I could have understood them being lacking this week, he caught a hell of a lot of the flack for yesterday.

xSkeletalx
07-27-2017, 04:45 PM
Regarding the new character reveals/information; did they actually say they wouldn't be talking about those, or did they just mean the big information they were looking to bring to our attention was something besides that, meaning we might see those today on top of the beginning powerpoint/information?

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 04:57 PM
They said last week it isn't heroes and then in the reddit post. No idea if that means there is that as well as the big news but I don't see the reason for the denial if they plan to talk about them.

xSkeletalx
07-27-2017, 05:03 PM
I guess I'm just surprised if the new heroes aren't discussed at all, considering we found out who the S2 heroes were (though I can't remember if it was just the names which were mentioned or if the trailers were available then) pretty much right after S1 ended, right?

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 05:13 PM
My internet screwed up and twitch doesn't seem to have an in progress bar that I can see while it is live so I will have to do this later. I did catch new gear rarity, legendary, which is green and their last for now. Sod, I only have one of my heroes where that gear level will start, just been trying to get others up to epic >.< lol. My second was so close to top gear level >.< For what it is worth the colour is the same as the colour of the top gear in the Division, it is why I suspected this was coming after I saw max gear score colour. As I said in the first post, I will post here when I start writing it up as I watch when it is set as a video rather than live.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 05:26 PM
I popped in to see if I could find a progress bar, still no, but when I was there, their powerpoint said migration to dedicated servers. According to reddit they said for season 4 in November.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 05:38 PM
My stream is back, there is 20 minutes of stuff I haven't seen, and I can't pause any of this, but I am getting it up best as I can now and will get it more polished and complete later.

psyminion
07-27-2017, 05:40 PM
thanks for the weekly recap Candle.

much appreciated.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 05:46 PM
Welcome, I missed the powerpoint and twitch doesn't have a progress bar so this won't be complete until the video is out as a video rather than a live streaming but it will get there.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 06:13 PM
Next week, first look at season three content and patch notes. No Damian or Roman but the show rolls on. I am waiting for the stream to be posted as a video then I will get the powerpoint stuff written up.

Vingrask
07-27-2017, 06:18 PM
Release the friggin Youtube video, Ubi! I missed 30 minutes of it!

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 09:46 PM
First I miss the most important part of the stream first time around because of my internet and twitch not having playback then when I finally get it, the ubi servers go down and eats part of what I was editing in, technology today lol. Den is all up and a youtube video was posted of it.

The_B0G_
07-27-2017, 10:33 PM
So this big announcement is dedicated servers after season 4 probably lol I wish they just gave us info on new heroes, ah well, next week should be a good one.

Knight_Gregor
07-27-2017, 10:41 PM
Good stuff, guys. The first step is admitting when you have a problem.

Roman's monologue went a long way in my opinion.

bmason1000
07-27-2017, 10:47 PM
They weren't kidding, this was a good one. Props to candle as always.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 10:51 PM
They weren't kidding, this was a good one. Props to candle as always.

The problems I had getting this up if I were a drinker I would be nursing a cold one lol,but yeah I agree this was a good one and they will have season 3 stuff coming next week which is also cool, I definitely do think that this took a priority, this was the long term future of the game in the words of the guys that developed this game from when it was stickmen swinging swords and axes.

bmason1000
07-27-2017, 10:58 PM
I'm excited for new gear level. Very curious how the start +/- will go. Might be worth keeping some of the current gear, ya know? Like if negative stats will be even further in the red like usual, which I'm assuming, how okay are you with a stat being THAT far in the red?

bmason1000
07-27-2017, 11:12 PM
The problems I had getting this up if I were a drinker I would be nursing a cold one lol,but yeah I agree this was a good one and they will have season 3 stuff coming next week which is also cool, I definitely do think that this took a priority, this was the long term future of the game in the words of the guys that developed this game from when it was stickmen swinging swords and axes.
Speaking of long term, i also like the roadmap. That kinda thing goes a long way to quelling doubts and peace of mind for some folks.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 11:12 PM
I'm excited for new gear level. Very curious how the start +/- will go. Might be worth keeping some of the current gear, ya know? Like if negative stats will be even further in the red like usual, which I'm assuming, how okay are you with a stat being THAT far in the red?

That might be a thought. I am not as thrilled for it, I am guessing they will go rep seven going by the current pattern, my peacekeeper is there, no problem, my closest to that is warden halfway through rep 4, everyone else I was going for epic in is rep 2, so that is probably another two reps for everyone that I was working my way up to top gear with. I could see it coming, the max gear score was green and that is the colour of the top level gear in the Division, I was hoping it would be further away. I also called it being called legendary lol.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 11:21 PM
Speaking of long term, i also like the roadmap. That kinda thing goes a long way to quelling doubts and peace of mind for some folks.

Yeah, they try not to over promise, they did say on one Den that sometimes when people come up with ideas and talk about them on the forums, the team is already quietly in the how do we do this phase with that very idea, it was over a training mode they said that, hence my aside over when someone rubbished my saying they brought that up. But yeah if they have a good idea of where things are, a roadmap like that is a good thing and I am pretty excited to see what they have in mind for a completely new 4v4. This isn't some we're going to change the rules of dominion, they specified something completely new.

psyminion
07-27-2017, 11:22 PM
tho I'm still salty at the rewards from season 2, this was a great info sesh, and I am very excited for the future.

CandleInTheDark
07-27-2017, 11:40 PM
tho I'm still salty at the rewards from season 2, this was a great info sesh, and I am very excited for the future.

I kind of do get their logic behind it, but as they said they made the wrong choice in prioritising the surprise over the reward over saying something like hey guys this season we're doing something different and this is why.

bmason1000
07-28-2017, 12:20 AM
I kind of do get their logic behind it, but as they said they made the wrong choice in prioritising the surprise over the reward over saying something like hey guys this season we're doing something different and this is why.
I think it's a better idea. A really definitive "i won this season." I've always been a viking and i have no idea what ornaments are s1 reward or not. This is a good choice.

RatedChaotic
07-28-2017, 12:34 AM
Finally got to watch what I missed earlier. I just gotta say................

I'm looking forward to these changes.....It shouldve been dedicated first then work on your new p2p concept. PvP is finally starting to look better than vs ai with no mm. I'll be in pvp when it goes live. I'll finish more matches. GreyUK dont give up buddy. I may face you yet....lol New gear.....Glad I have about 30 crates.....#RatedHoarding lol

After cooling off. The Facton War or the outcome has never been a big concern for me. Overall stability and play factor has been. Sorry for my rants community...I apologize. It really is starting to look better....FINALLY!!!!

Trbevis
07-28-2017, 01:19 AM
Was there anything for us today? Like outfits ect? Jus curious and havnt had a chance to get on yet, looking forward to dedicates servers though! Did they say when? Or just "soon"

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 01:21 AM
The content of the week was an ice effect for all heroes.Looks pretty neat but I don't tend to go overboard with effects myself, went with bats for the peacekeeper because she is my main, I might one day get a mythic outfit for an effect I like but tends to be a rarity for me lol.

Trbevis
07-28-2017, 01:25 AM
Thanks for the reply, nah i couldnt care less about the effects, as soon as they let us disable it i did hahaha

bmason1000
07-28-2017, 01:27 AM
Thanks for the reply, nah i couldnt care less about the effects, as soon as they let us disable it i did hahaha
Dude, same. To this day that is still my absolute 100% favorite change.

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 01:28 AM
After cooling off. The Facton War or the outcome has never been a big concern for me. Overall stability and play factor has been. Sorry for my rants community...I apologize. It really is starting to look better....FINALLY!!!!

I am very much the same way, I have the mixed blessing of what people would call a cold or slow burn temper. It takes me a long time, outside of spikes when I feel frustrated, to get properly mad over something, course when I get there it is long lasting, like I said, it is a mixed blessing, but I was never upset we lost, more over the numbers we had and the explanation they gave did help some towards that.

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 02:01 AM

Welcome, usually I am better about putting content of the week in my recaps but my net cut out and twitch doesn't have a progress bar when it is live like youtube does which other than the chat being distracting is why i tend to use youtube for when I am writing them as I can pause it as I tend to when they have powerpoints so I completely missed that until I looked over the start of the youtube video when it came up thinking I was sure they would have put new content somewhere.My net would cut the day Montreal net is out and they can only just manage to get it on twitch let alone anywhere else.

Vakris_One
07-28-2017, 04:25 AM
I don't think they've earned the right to be so arrogant and dismissive of the criticisms they keep on getting. FH devs, there is a reason why you guys keep on getting crticised, don't just shrug it off like it's a funny quirk unique only to being a For Honor dev.

Like Eric Pope saying sarcastically, "Oh, look how many people care about faction war." - Yeah, nobody likes to be di-cked around Eric. That's why so many people care. The Faction War website showed old info and your Faction War with its STILL hidden mechanics messed all of us around. Why wouldn't we care about being messed about Eric?

And Bio with her 'My bad about the ornament reward changes so send me all your hatemail' (paraphrasing) - That's not the point Bio. The point is you didn't communicate the changes to your community. You left us thinking we'd get 12 unique ornaments because how the hell are we supposed to know without anyone telling us otherwise. We're not psychic, all we have to go on is the previous Season's example. Don't just laugh it off with a flippant comment, "send me your hatemail." as if you're not the victim of your own mishandling of the situation. Act like an adult and admit your mistakes.

I am really starting to dislikes most of the devs' flippant attitudes during the livestreams. Roman is the only one I actually respect because at least he is upfront with his no nonsense, peed off at everything approach. Bio and Eric pretending like they didn't mess up and everything is fine just smells of delusion and hypocrisy.

Felis_Menari
07-28-2017, 07:18 AM
More rep levels, that's ok. Another gear tier, so soon? Bleh. But hey, if it means greater stats on even spread items, I can live with the new grind.

C00tBAjenkins
07-28-2017, 07:37 AM
I don't think they've earned the right to be so arrogant and dismissive of the criticisms they keep on getting. FH devs, there is a reason why you guys keep on getting crticised, don't just shrug it off like it's a funny quirk unique only to being a For Honor dev.

Like Eric Pope saying sarcastically, "Oh, look how many people care about faction war." - Yeah, nobody likes to be di-cked around Eric. That's why so many people care. The Faction War website showed old info and your Faction War with its STILL hidden mechanics messed all of us around. Why wouldn't we care about being messed about Eric?

And Bio with her 'My bad about the ornament reward changes so send me all your hatemail' (paraphrasing) - That's not the point Bio. The point is you didn't communicate the changes to your community. You left us thinking we'd get 12 unique ornaments because how the hell are we supposed to know without anyone telling us otherwise. We're not psychic, all we have to go on is the previous Season's example. Don't just laugh it off with a flippant comment, "send me your hatemail." as if you're not the victim of your own mishandling of the situation. Act like an adult and admit your mistakes.

I am really starting to dislikes most of the devs' flippant attitudes during the livestreams. Roman is the only one I actually respect because at least he is upfront with his no nonsense, peed off at everything approach. Bio and Eric pretending like they didn't mess up and everything is fine just smells of delusion and hypocrisy.
Whhhat? So, we just get informed of whats planned for the next two seasons (a bunch of stuff to say the least) and you are mad about the faction war? It's not as good as last season? Despite all the content going to be added over the next 6 month's? You're mad about an ornimant or that it's treated as "not a big deal" because really it isn't a big deal at all. That's a little tiny part of the game. No offence and I might not be understanding the point of your post but it comes off as petty and childish.

Draghmar
07-28-2017, 08:09 AM
No offence and I might not be understanding the point of your post but it comes off as petty and childish.
You're right here - you just don't understand. You have no right to say someone that what they care about is less important then what you think is important. That's just matter of different opinions. And even though ornament is just a small piece of FH the way they often treat people on Warrior's Den is ridiculous. For example what Vakris_One didn't noticed and even CandleInTheDark didn't noticed when they both quoted Bio is that she said that we can send hateful messages to her because she was the one that decided to go this way with rewards and...she don't care.
So even though I understand her explanation it shows how bad they are at communicating changes in many aspects of the game (for example most patches had additional changes that wasn't mentioned in the patch notes). And the funny fact is this roadmap they showed us didn't actually told anything we didn't know already except for the dedicated servers part.

Dude_of_Valor
07-28-2017, 09:32 AM

This ^^

Gray360UK
07-28-2017, 09:53 AM
I think I'll come back somewhere between November and February then, when there's something new to do. I am too disappointed with too many things (including the attitude of the people on Warriors Den towards the playerbase as highlighted above by several posters). I actually didn't watch this weeks one for the first time since launch, because I am sick of those faces saying those things. I'm definitely not looking forward to 4-7 months more of repeating Dominion over and over, with yet another complete gear revamp thrown in for good measure and a pointless increase to the Rep cap when 99% of the playerbase isn't even at Rep 30.

https://media.giphy.com/media/3oEjHUf7j0aFDce0dG/giphy.gif

C00tBAjenkins
07-28-2017, 10:24 AM
You're right here - you just don't understand. You have no right to say someone that what they care about is less important then what you think is important. That's just matter of different opinions.
Well, it's a multiplayer fighting game. It's not a faction war game. That is a fact. That little faction war bit is to incorporate a sense of immersion into the overall story and some cross platform play. The rewards are to encourage participation. No one bought the game for faction war that I know of. Opinion or not the game isn't about faction war and it's relevancy to the core game does dictate it's overall level of importance no matter how you might feel about it.

Draghmar
07-28-2017, 10:52 AM
Well, it's a multiplayer fighting game. It's not a faction war game. That is a fact. That little faction war bit is to incorporate a sense of immersion into the overall story and some cross platform play. The rewards are to encourage participation. No one bought the game for faction war that I know of. Opinion or not the game isn't about faction war and it's relevancy to the core game does dictate it's overall level of importance no matter how you might feel about it.
And yet it's still a part of this game. And like I said - you have no right to dictate what someone consider as fun/engaging/etc. It may not be for you but may be for some. It's like in different modes in the game (even if on different scale): some likes 1v1 and some choose 4v4.
I know that FW is just gimmick to make game look bigger and to give overall meta feeling of something happening beside fights. But if someone decides to invest their time to play this 'mode' (even if it's fraction of time spent in game) and if this is one of the games feature (it even have dedicated team, probably small but still) then as a result he should expect serious treating.
And in this case the problem is not only because Ubi decided to change what awards will be but the fact they didn't tell us about this and eve more importantly - how they respond to concerns in their official statement: '...don't care'.

C00tBAjenkins
07-28-2017, 11:29 AM
And yet it's still a part of this game. And like I said - you have no right to dictate what someone consider as fun/engaging/etc. It may not be for you but may be for some. It's like in different modes in the game (even if on different scale): some likes 1v1 and some choose 4v4.
I know that FW is just gimmick to make game look bigger and to give overall meta feeling of something happening beside fights. But if someone decides to invest their time to play this 'mode' (even if it's fraction of time spent in game) and if this is one of the games feature (it even have dedicated team, probably small but still) then as a result he should expect serious treating.
And in this case the problem is not only because Ubi decided to change what awards will be but the fact they didn't tell us about this and eve more importantly - how they respond to concerns in their official statement: '...don't care'. I'm not dictating anything. I'm saying to be given so many other forms of confirmed content on top of major game changes and fixes; complaining about an ornament change reward in FW comes off as childish. Like he just wants to be unhappy with some aspect of the game or the Den at all costs. Reminds me of my 3 year old son. That's what I'm saying.

Draghmar
07-28-2017, 11:44 AM
I'm not dictating anything. I'm saying to be given so many other forms of confirmed content on top of major game changes and fixes; complaining about an ornament change reward in FW comes off as childish. Like he just wants to be unhappy with some aspect of the game or the Den at all costs. Reminds me of my 3 year old son. That's what I'm saying.
Why? We all expected to get 12+2 ornaments for each character like it was in the first season. I can understand being upset about it. For me aesthetic part is very important so promising it and then removing it with 'deal with it' and 'don't care' did made me feel a little bit irritated. But for me at least ornament part wasn't as big deal because I mostly play one class and at least my Nobushi didn't get some stupid design like she mostly gets. But the arrogance from Ubi* is different story here. And you keep forgetting about that.

BTW The ornament is as much 'confirmed content' as other things they said. ;)

* - Disclaimer - I don't think all workers at Ubi are like that (for example I like how Damien explains what he has to say) but certain behaviors are making that impression and from I see at least on the forum I'm not alone in this observation.

C00tBAjenkins
07-28-2017, 12:34 PM
Why? We all expected to get 12+2 ornaments for each character like it was in the first season. I can understand being upset about it. For me aesthetic part is very important so promising it and then removing it with 'deal with it' and 'don't care' did made me feel a little bit irritated. But for me at least ornament part wasn't as big deal because I mostly play one class and at least my Nobushi didn't get some stupid design like she mostly gets. But the arrogance from Ubi* is different story here. And you keep forgetting about that.

BTW The ornament is as much 'confirmed content' as other things they said. ;)

* - Disclaimer - I don't think all workers at Ubi are like that (for example I like how Damien explains what he has to say) but certain behaviors are making that impression and from I see at least on the forum I'm not alone in this observation.
I guess I'll rewatch that portion after work. The parts i did see basically were them saying it was overlooked in mentioning the change this season. That makes sense because as a community people were not pressing them about it like other issues over the past weeks. They are not going to make more ornaments because they failed to mention the change. So the response is "oops,sorry, will do better next time" happens almost every patch.

Draghmar
07-28-2017, 12:51 PM
I guess I'll rewatch that portion after work. The parts i did see basically were them saying it was overlooked in mentioning the change this season. That makes sense because as a community people were not pressing them about it like other issues over the past weeks. They are not going to make more ornaments because they failed to mention the change. So the response is "oops,sorry, will do better next time" happens almost every patch.
From what I understood they decided with this change somewhere during the S2. Maybe it was at the beginning but still.
And what I referring to are small reactions, things they say at the end of sentences with quieter voice, expressions on their faces - for example I did see that Roman was a little bit bored at the end :P
"will do better next time" excuse will loose it's power if used too much...Even thought I hope their dedication to making FH is real it's harder and harder for me to believe in things they say.

RatedChaotic
07-28-2017, 01:10 PM
I think I'll come back somewhere between November and February then, when there's something new to do. I am too disappointed with too many things (including the attitude of the people on Warriors Den towards the playerbase as highlighted above by several posters). I actually didn't watch this weeks one for the first time since launch, because I am sick of those faces saying those things. I'm definitely not looking forward to 4-7 months more of repeating Dominion over and over, with yet another complete gear revamp thrown in for good measure and a pointless increase to the Rep cap when 99% of the playerbase isn't even at Rep 30.

I understand..You definitely will be missed here. Hope to see you back one day, good friend. Come back riding dragons....

C00tBAjenkins
07-28-2017, 01:28 PM
From what I understood they decided with this change somewhere during the S2. Maybe it was at the beginning but still.
And what I referring to are small reactions, things they say at the end of sentences with quieter voice, expressions on their faces - for example I did see that Roman was a little bit bored at the end :P
"will do better next time" excuse will loose it's power if used too much...Even thought I hope their dedication to making FH is real it's harder and harder for me to believe in things they say.

That's reading to much into it honestly. Roman looks bored but he jumps in the conversation often. Mountain's and mole hills. Really it's a game and my expectation lies in that realm.

Draghmar
07-28-2017, 01:50 PM
That's reading to much into it honestly. Roman looks bored but he jumps in the conversation often. Mountain's and mole hills. Really it's a game and my expectation lies in that realm.
Maybe you're right. That's just an impression I get after all those weeks. I really like to change this but each time they say something positive there is something negative going on. For example I really liked how Damien explained when we will see dedicated servers even though he didn't say anything specific. But then you get Bio with her 'don't care'. And even this wouldn't be too much for me but this only one of many small things that happens...Yeah I grumble a little here but it's Friday, I'm at work, I'm sleepy and I didn't even get time to check PTS2. :P

Vakris_One
07-28-2017, 02:14 PM
Whhhat? So, we just get informed of whats planned for the next two seasons (a bunch of stuff to say the least) and you are mad about the faction war? It's not as good as last season? Despite all the content going to be added over the next 6 month's? You're mad about an ornimant or that it's treated as "not a big deal" because really it isn't a big deal at all. That's a little tiny part of the game. No offence and I might not be understanding the point of your post but it comes off as petty and childish.
You must have skimmed over my post perhaps or maybe I didn't write it particularly well. I am not really that perturbed at the fact that the Faction War is a bit of a gimmicky mess or at the ornament or even that there is only 1 ornament - the devs are allowed to do what they want, it's their game. I am unhappy with the way the devs that are responsible for the FW pretend like they didn't make a mess of the whole thing. I don't like to see people shrug off their responsibilities as soon as they make a mistake. I would actually say that Bio and Eric were being quite petty and childish in that livestream. Both acting hurt and defensive because they made mistakes but don't want to take the blame.

Conveniently it's all the community's fault and we're all welcome to send them hatemail, Bio doesn't care. That's a silly and obnoxious attitude in my opinion and it effectively shows that both of them either don't seem to understand or don't want to acknowledge that they fudged up by a) not communicating the changes to rewards beforehand and b) not making Faction Wars more transparent. They created the problem by not communicating with us and then act surprised and hurt when we're not happy that there was no communication about the changes. I don't think that's a very healthy or mature attitude to have but maybe that's just me. I want them to learn from this and improve, not use the livestream to laugh it off.

As Draghmar pointed out, everybody has different interests in the game and places their importance of issues accordingly. I never doubted that there was no road map for the game so I don't put as much importance on Roman's reveal of a roadmap as others might. I thought Roman handled the presentation well with a mature and grown up approach to acknowledging criticisms while also standing firm on his decisions and even stamping his foot down a little.

I found the contrast between him and Eric and Bio like night and day. Here's Roman, he's taking charge of the responsibilitie and duties of running his department. He believes in what he's doing and even invites you to challenge him because he is absolutely confident he will make a success of this game. And here is Eric and Bio, laughing off their failures in the running of their department(s). They act defensive and play the victim card obnoxiously as if they did no wrong but out of the goodness of their hearts they will collect all hatemail. They look like they couldn't care less about improving.

I hope that helps clear up my opinion on matters.

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 02:29 PM
I hope that helps clear up my opinion on matters.

That does a fair bit actually. I did think that Bio's comment was a bit flippant and I actually did get her reasoning so communication needs to not be taken lightly. Eric, I can only say he got a hell of a rough ride (some of it deserved some of it less so) and I was surprised that he was as composed as he was, but I do agree that they need to learn to communicate. If I had known the season was effectively over I would still have been annoyed at the rubber banding the samurai benefited from, it is a BS mechanic, but it is also a BS mechanic I know my own faction likely reaped the rewards of as well, it sucks all around but it is an equal opportunity suck-fest and I suspect most knights (maybe not some of them) would have been better disposed over that, I would guess some samurai (again, maybe not all of them) would have been more reasonable if they had known beforehand the ornaments were changing, though there still would have been some but the vikings got this.

Felis_Menari
07-29-2017, 10:06 AM
I understand..You definitely will be missed here. Hope to see you back one day, good friend. Come back riding dragons....

Manly tears will be shed...(just kidding >.>). But seriously, Gray's been a staple of this community. I've never really communicated with him, and certainly never played with him, and I'm gonna be a little sad due to his absence. Then again, I'd say I'm just an ok player. I might drag his team down 😄. The devs should know that they done ****** up when they've driven someone like Gray away.

The_B0G_
07-29-2017, 01:40 PM

What! Gray calling it quits... hopefully this is just rage like the time I quit for 2 weeks. If not, see you in November.

CandleInTheDark
07-29-2017, 01:50 PM
What! Gray calling it quits... hopefully this is just rage like the time I quit for 2 weeks. If not, see you in November.

Yeah it is a sad thing, ultimately he needs to do what is right for him and if that means a break or if it means longer the game should be here when he gets back, best those of us more positive can do is keep that going.

bmason1000
07-29-2017, 08:18 PM
No ones going to mention that mic drop gif that he absolutely nailed? Its hard to make a good exit on the internet. That was awesome haha. Gonna miss him, truly, but d***.

CandleInTheDark
07-29-2017, 08:28 PM
No ones going to mention that mic drop gif that he absolutely nailed? Its hard to make a good exit on the internet. That was awesome haha. Gonna miss him, truly, but d***.

Oh yeah for a mic drop that was pretty awesome.

Trbevis
07-29-2017, 10:01 PM
They mentioned a raffle at the end for a t shirt or some other stuff, not sure, any further info on this anybody?

CandleInTheDark
07-29-2017, 10:09 PM
They do a raffle at the end on twitch, everyone who wants in posts !raffle, so that's long gone.

Trbevis
07-29-2017, 10:11 PM
Oh hahaha fair enough

Felis_Menari
07-29-2017, 10:23 PM

That's what I thought, I just didn't want to make it the focus of my post >.>

TheTKOShow
08-01-2017, 03:58 AM
Can you deflect someone with revenge?
Can you parry someone in revenge if you have revenge?

SpartanV_327
08-01-2017, 05:15 PM
Parrying out of stamina should stay so characters with unblockables don't become op. But I like that with revenge now you can just button mash without worrying about getting parried. Take away guaranteed GB after parry which will then break parry meta, and figure out how to balance centurion. He was designed to break a turtle meta that no longer exists. His stamina draining kicks and punches coupled with unblockables make him a god among men among minions on the battlefield. Maybe decrease his damage and stamina drain, not so that his offensive play style is destroyed, but that other players will have a chance against him. And increase chip damage to half of normal damage. Since out of stamina parrying would remain, this means that characters would eat most attacks but be able to parry unblockables. Or maybe take half damage from unblockables while parrying. Actually being able to parry but taking half damage while out of stamina might be a good idea overall.