PDA

View Full Version : Another Centurion rant

D3dicatedSrv3rz
07-27-2017, 03:51 AM
Whoever thought the turtle meta could be curved with new heroes should be fired or at least have their internet throttled.

Now on Cent...

1. The logic of granting the player a free heavy after just landing Centurion's most damaging attack is nonexistent

2. Why is his wall pin mix up still valid. (OH, you f***** up a GB, say goodbye to at least a third of your health, lest you're shinobi where it more like 70%)

3. Why does his charged heavy connect on an unbalanced hero with a VERY opposing animation that ONLY touches the air above.

4. In the case that a Cent. connects a charged heavy on an unbalanced hero he can RE-UNBALANCE YOU (I "love" this combo because it is so long that your hero is defenseless without any conters that you can contemplate how broken the game is)

5. Yes the perk of a Cent. is to deplete an opponents stamina, Its BS that a Cent. CAN KEEP your stamina depleted for a whole duel if he's good enough.

Now i have beaten them many times, I main PK and keep my distance outside of their kicks, away from walls, outside of his heavies, away from environmental hazards, and never fatiguing in a fight. They are beatable, no S**T but the fact that one must take soooooo much care when fighting one is ****** ********. Now do i have a solution to fixing the character that isn't deleting him and that keeps his core mechanics intact: NO. Do i think the Dev's field tested this character enough before putting him in the game: NO.
Do the Dev's even care anymore: hehe

WABO423
07-27-2017, 03:55 AM
Just light spam in every direction with PK every time they try to attack. And watch for GBs.
And you know.... "just dodge"

Alustar.
07-27-2017, 04:03 AM
I just think it's funny that my PK got nerfed into the ground because of a community outcry, yet this happen so and most people just tell you to learn his moves.

So wait you mean grind out the steel needed to unlock him or resign myself to getting pummeled repeatedly till I find an exploitable weakness? None of those options are very appealing when it comes to Cent. Its getting better, but his ability to negate an opponent entirely is a bit much.

Also the "just dodge" advice sucks. Dodge and get grabbed with no other option but to eat the damage.

D3dicatedSrv3rz
07-27-2017, 04:07 AM
Just light spam in every direction with PK every time they try to attack. And watch for GBs.

I know this already. Sidestep the kicks and CGB their in-combo GB BS. I used to parry the charged heavy till higher tier cent's learned to bait it into a GB. The problem is facing centurions with the stopping power akin to someone on any other hero 5 times their rank. It should not be this easy for noobs to both the character and even the game to have this many advantages.with few consequences.

Mia.Nora
07-27-2017, 05:05 AM
Centurion is really broken. People say just dodge and punish him for his mistakes, but what they fail to see is that against no other hero I don't need to have such special care, just centurion.

He is absolutely the most punishing hero when you make a mistake offensive or defensive, forcing me to turtle so heavily against him since if I let my defense a bit loose I am risking way too much as opposed what I would have gotten from my offense. Going on the offense is even worse against him since one parry is %40+ hp loss or full stamina loss.

He never has to worry about his stamina, whereas the moment I am not at full stam I am at risk of going OOS at one mistake.

People say just punish him, but the only mistake you can reliably punish are;
1. failed (side dodged) charged jab attempt after a blocked charged attack
2. failed (parry or side dodge) unblockable charged heavy

Nothing else can be punished with due to his mixup potential, where punish attempt of hi failed moves may very well result in you getting punished instead. Kick for example, you have to have a side dodge attack to be able to punish it, otherwise his follow up comes out faster than your own attack if he goes that way.

I can beat them, especially on an assassin. But really hate fighting him even when I win.

In any tier except highest, it is harder to beat the same player when he is on Centurion as opposed some other hero. Experienced that with many rematched duels.

If anything his pin has to be removed from unblockable charged heavy. Let him earn his combos, just like every other hero does.

WABO423
07-27-2017, 05:10 AM
I agree they are a huge pain, their risk reward is unbalanced, to many unblockables, then throw in the fact they can change the speed of them and drain all your stamina in the first half of the combo, then force you to watch that cut scene while yelling gibberish.

If anything the gibberish needs to go.

C00tBAjenkins
07-27-2017, 06:34 AM
If they would take away the stun from an unchanged jab and adjust the distance of his kick and heavy UB he would be fine. Maybe adjust his stam drain and usage atleast. The never ending chain of attacks is kinda ridiculous. He's a close combat fighter yet can close gaps with ease. Making him long ranged. Ive dodged back twice only to have a heavy UB teleport him into me or do a 180. The character takes 2 steps yet covers 5x the distance in some cases.

At this point everyone knows they are cheese. I never think "oh man, that's a good cent player". It's "oh, you pushed me across the map into a wall, took all my stam and I couldn't regain control of my character. Not really out played just cheesed to death.

I was going to play him at start of season but after seeing how bad he was I'm holding off untill he gets balanced.

nufrancis
07-27-2017, 10:11 AM

Not working for high level cent users.

They tend to use heavy feint to GB. It hard to read because the animation from heavy to GB very minimum.

DrinkinMehStella
07-27-2017, 11:38 AM
wait till the defensive meta changes come because thats an attempt to try and fix him and some others with out nerfing and making him not viable in 1v1

kweassa1
07-27-2017, 01:11 PM
1. The logic of granting the player a free heavy after just landing Centurion's most damaging attack is nonexistent

The single most damaging attack the cent has is Eagle Talon as a downed attack... and I'm pretty sure a heavy doesn't connect after that.

2. Why is his wall pin mix up still valid. (OH, you f***** up a GB, say goodbye to at least a third of your health, lest you're shinobi where it more like 70%)

Mostly gotta do with two cases:

(1) keep getting caught by quickthrows
(2) sometimes wall inhibiting movement, and therefore making it impossible to dodge the jab

(1) has no excuses, just a L2P issue. In most cases a wall plop-heavy-jab-light is guaranteed... and afterwards a quicjthrow will come nine times out of ten. Just gotta get used to this timing. (2) is more less an oversight. In some games they have this "switch positions" special move when backed to a wall, like a special counter move that switches the position of the two people.. sort of how boxers pushed into a corner try to bait out a hook, sway past it, change positions, and send the attacker into a corner.

3. Why does his charged heavy connect on an unbalanced hero with a VERY opposing animation that ONLY touches the air above.

4. In the case that a Cent. connects a charged heavy on an unbalanced hero he can RE-UNBALANCE YOU (I "love" this combo because it is so long that your hero is defenseless without any conters that you can contemplate how broken the game is)

Nine times out of ten this is caused by legion kick causing a knockdown.... most particularly during revenge -- LK connectsm you fall down, LK into UB charged hvy, and then into a charged jab to knock down again... This should be better after the meta change patch where they did announce UBUPs won't be knocking down people in revenge any more.

5. Yes the perk of a Cent. is to deplete an opponents stamina, Its BS that a Cent. CAN KEEP your stamina depleted for a whole duel if he's good enough.

Also should be rememedied by the new patch in testing. Also, they did announce a cent nerf is coming in season 3, so I'm guessing they'll observe the gravity of the situation during PTS2 and make adjustments according to results.

ChampionRuby50g
07-27-2017, 01:29 PM
I'm actually agreeing with Mia.Nora here. Usually I have little to no problems with the Cent, and my only problems with him was the stamina drainage to consumption ratio. But there was always one thing bugging me about him that I couldn't put my finger on, and the Unblockable heavy giving him a pin was it. If this was removed, as well as the stamina changes I think a lot of people would be happy.

The_B0G_
07-27-2017, 01:46 PM
I hope the new highlander hero is as op as the cent is, can't wait to use him.

Alustar.
07-27-2017, 02:11 PM
You know when the forums were lit up with barely anything aside from hate on PK and the light spam, we all (with only a few outliers) could agree something needed done, so why is it that we see a similar if not more extreme trend here with this hero, yet a more divided community as to if he even does need work. In fact I haven't seen this many irritable players since the debate over the revenge mechanics. (Also something that was nerfed due to popular feedback)

Please bear in mind I'm playing deviled advocate for the nuns and more casual player. I can empathize after returning to the game from a break for a couple months. So I know where my flaws are in Regards to the whole topic.
So to label all of this an exclusive Lrn2p issue when none of these same topics arise for shinobi like they do here, I feel is foolish.
Logically if I apply the same formula,

D3dicatedSrv3rz
07-27-2017, 03:27 PM
The single most damaging attack the cent has is Eagle Talon as a downed attack... and I'm pretty sure a heavy doesn't connect after that.

(2) sometimes wall inhibiting movement, and therefore making it impossible to dodge the jab

(1) has no excuses, just a L2P issue. In most cases a wall plop-heavy-jab-light is guaranteed... and afterwards a quicjthrow will come nine times out of ten. Just gotta get used to this timing. (2) is more less an oversight. In some games they have this "switch positions" special move when backed to a wall, like a special counter move that switches the position of the two people.. sort of how boxers pushed into a corner try to bait out a hook, sway past it, change positions, and send the attacker into a corner.

Nine times out of ten this is caused by legion kick causing a knockdown.... most particularly during revenge -- LK connectsm you fall down, LK into UB charged hvy, and then into a charged jab to knock down again... This should be better after the meta change patch where they did announce UBUPs won't be knocking down people in revenge any more.

Also should be rememedied by the new patch in testing. Also, they did announce a cent nerf is coming in season 3, so I'm guessing they'll observe the gravity of the situation during PTS2 and make adjustments according to results.

1. I was referring to the guaranteed eagle's talon that follows landing a charged heavy. If eagles talon is more damaging than the charged heavy then the logic of landing your most damaging attack, without risk, after your second most damaging attack is still non-existent. Sorry i was incorrect and unclear.

2.1 Very Valid, though the constant blurring of the screen from his kicks and punches do make it annoying to time it (not difficult, not for me anymore, but annoying)

2.2 I wish the devs would introduce a mechanic like that. Took me a while to learn not to always run from a combo in a duel with my PK (Usually resulting in a 5 foot lounging GB's) Corners usually mean death especially for an assassin as their guard doesn't reactivate on on the wall pin like other heroes.

3/4. I have played duels after the revenge patch and Cent.s still manage it regardless. I do not however know if the player does it intentionally (I highly doubt this) similar to what other heroes can do with their character where an attack is unlocked to use the chain finisher after re-locking.

5. HOPEFULLY, DEUS VULT

Antonioj26
07-27-2017, 03:49 PM
1. I was referring to the guaranteed eagle's talon that follows landing a charged heavy. If eagles talon is more damaging than the charged heavy then the logic of landing your most damaging attack, without risk, after your second most damaging attack is still non-existent. Sorry i was incorrect and unclear.

2.1 Very Valid, though the constant blurring of the screen from his kicks and punches do make it annoying to time it (not difficult, not for me anymore, but annoying)

2.2 I wish the devs would introduce a mechanic like that. Took me a while to learn not to always run from a combo in a duel with my PK (Usually resulting in a 5 foot lounging GB's) Corners usually mean death especially for an assassin as their guard doesn't reactivate on on the wall pin like other heroes.

3/4. I have played duels after the revenge patch and Cent.s still manage it regardless. I do not however know if the player does it intentionally (I highly doubt this) similar to what other heroes can do with their character where an attack is unlocked to use the chain finisher after re-locking.

5. HOPEFULLY, DEUS VULT

But the fully charged heavy is 1000ms and the unblockable fully charged is 1200ms. An attack that takes that long should have a really good reward or what's the point?

D3dicatedSrv3rz
07-28-2017, 08:22 PM

But the fully charged heavy is 1000ms and the unblockable fully charged is 1200ms. An attack that takes that long should have a really good reward or what's the point?

The reward should be the increased damage for using a slower attack. Shugoki gets not additional reward for his charging heavies

Antonioj26
07-28-2017, 08:33 PM
The reward should be the increased damage for using a slower attack. Shugoki gets not additional reward for his charging heavies

His additional reward is the high damage for shugo, if it did the same for centurion would you be okay with it then?

D3dicatedSrv3rz
07-28-2017, 09:36 PM
His additional reward is the high damage for shugo, if it did the same for centurion would you be okay with it then?

If his homing missile capabilities were nerfed perhaps

SikanderAzam
07-29-2017, 12:13 AM
You know when the forums were lit up with barely anything aside from hate on PK and the light spam, we all (with only a few outliers) could agree something needed done, so why is it that we see a similar if not more extreme trend here with this hero, yet a more divided community as to if he even does need work. In fact I haven't seen this many irritable players since the debate over the revenge mechanics. (Also something that was nerfed due to popular feedback)

Please bear in mind I'm playing deviled advocate for the nuns and more casual player. I can empathize after returning to the game from a break for a couple months. So I know where my flaws are in Regards to the whole topic.
So to label all of this an exclusive Lrn2p issue when none of these same topics arise for shinobi like they do here, I feel is foolish.
Logically if I apply the same formula,

I think it's because PK was annoying but her moveset and style could be nerfed while remaining in tact. I honestly don't see how centurion could be nerfed without outright removing moves from him. You can't just lessen some damage or tweak him, he needs to be dissected in order to make him fair at which point all of the kiddos who got mom to buy a pass or steel to get him are going to throw tantrums. But yeah he needs to be shut down. If he puts me on a wall the round is over. There's no other hero that can so devastatingly tear someone apart in response to one tiny mistake.