PDA

View Full Version : Season 2 Rewards... I love you Ubisoft But...

Ryuuzant
07-26-2017, 10:02 PM
I'm a little dissapointed with the season 2 rewards. I mean season 1 ornaments were very nice and special for every character. But now that Samurais won the season 2 we get the same ornament for every character? Was season 1 more important or why the difference? I love this game but this seems a bit unfair to be honest. I hope we get more ornaments. Please Ubisoft I have faith in you...

Ulrichvonbek111
07-26-2017, 10:12 PM
Yes we have faith in your integrity..
Fix it soon as this is such a very LARGE insult to the Samurai and game's community overall.
DO YOU HOLD THE SAMURAI WITH SUCH CONTEMPT? ???

AS YOU SEE THE AMOUNT OF POSTS ON THIS INSULT AND LACK OF DUE DILIGENCE YOU REALLY NEED TO ADDRESS THE LACK OF INDIVIDUAL UNIQUE ORNAMENTS FOR ALL CHARACTERS OF ALL FACTIONS.
PLEASE GIVE US AN ANSWER ON HOW YOU'RE GOING TO RECTIFY AND RETRACT THIS MAJOR INSULT.

UbiNoty
07-26-2017, 11:54 PM
While I don't know the reason, I can assure you that S2 is just as important as S1. Perhaps we wanted to try out different reward types? 10 hershey's kisses is just as good as a a full milky way (debatable, I know, but you get my point). I'll definitely be letting the team know about the s2 reward feedback though.

Ngallo22
07-26-2017, 11:57 PM
While I don't know the reason, I can assure you that S2 is just as important as S1. Perhaps we wanted to try out different reward types? 10 hershey's kisses is just as good as a a full milky way (debatable, I know, but you get my point). I'll definitely be letting the team know about the s2 reward feedback though.

I'd be damned if they aren't already aware of this catastrophe.

Gray360UK
07-27-2017, 12:09 AM

They weren't different rewards though, they were just less of the same reward. In your analogy, in Season 1 the winners got 10 hersheys kisses (whatever the hell one of those is) and in Season 2 they got 1. You're not seriously suggesting dropping from 12 Ornaments to 1 Ornament is just a different kind of reward, are you?

psyminion
07-27-2017, 12:16 AM
I prefer a jellybean analogy :

vikings won season one - they get 10 jellybeans, all of different flavours, something for everyone.

samurai win season 2 - we get 10 black jellybeans.

Vakris_One
07-27-2017, 12:16 AM
My feedback is this: keep rewards consistent so that players know what to expect in terms of quality and quantity. Nobody apreciates having to do a ton of work to win a whole season just to get a much crappier reward than last season. Either keep the rewards consistent or let players see what they will win beforehand so if we don't like it we can decide not to waste our time. Respect your players time please

To be completely honest it feels like the devs got lazy or ran out of time with this prize. They essentialy created just 1 unique ornament and then copy/pasted it to all characters. That's quite dissapointing to see even if we didn't have all the different season 1 ornaments as an example. It is doubly dissapointing because of the higher quality of worksmanship for S1's prizes. It's like the devs didn't give much of a hoot for S2's winners and that feels insulting.

I know it's just a game and it sounds silly to be griping about a prize but lets put this into context. The underlying issue here is the wasting of your players time by stringing them along with the expectation that they'll get some neat ornaments if they win the season. I feel like my time was wasted for such a bare minimum effort from the developers. Frankly if the devs can't be bothered to make at least more than 1 unique ornament as a prize then why should us players be bothered to spend our precious time trying to win this already badly implemented version of faction war?

Vakris_One
07-27-2017, 11:51 AM
They weren't different rewards though, they were just less of the same reward. In your analogy, in Season 1 the winners got 10 hersheys kisses (whatever the hell one of those is) and in Season 2 they got 1. You're not seriously suggesting dropping from 12 Ornaments to 1 Ornament is just a different kind of reward, are you?
I'm very interested to see how they are going to pass off making just 1 unique ornament as a fair and equal reward as 12 unique ornaments in today's Warriors Den.

Draghmar
07-27-2017, 12:25 PM
I'm very interested to see how they are going to pass off making just 1 unique ornament as a fair and equal reward as 12 unique ornaments in today's Warriors Den.
Unfortunately I could expect some low explanation like this: Because majority of players uses only one character there is no difference in having one or twelve ornaments for them so instead we wanted to focus more on connectivity issues.

Gray360UK
07-27-2017, 12:30 PM
Unfortunately I could expect some low explanation like this: Because majority of players uses only one character there is no difference in having one or twelve ornaments for them so instead we wanted to focus more on connectivity issues.

Exactly. Damien will say something along the lines of ' ... but you still got an Ornament for every character guys, and it's a very nice Ornament'

Vakris_One
07-27-2017, 12:54 PM
Exactly. Damien will say something along the lines of ' ... but you still got an Ornament for every character guys, and it's a very nice Ornament'
Cut to Roman pouring cornflakes into a bowl while looking salty. Out pops the Death's Emissary ornament into the bowl. Roman stares at it ... for 2 hours... :D

thornh
07-27-2017, 01:40 PM
The developers keep making the same mistakes over and over.

Faction War is a mess and when the community complains you get Eric Pope saying he is "tilted" because of all the conspiracy theories. Well, Ubi, you guys created the mess, we didn't.

Inconsistent rewards. Here's a novel idea, tell us what the season rewards are going to be at the beginning of the season! Here's an example; The winner gets an exclusive mythic outfit for one hero of their choice, an emblem outline, a single exclusive ornament available for all heroes, 5 crates and an exclusive graphic or tattoo. Second place gets 5 crates and an emblem outline. Third place gets 3 crates and an emblem outline. Wouldn't it be nice to know that going into the season?

Today there is supposed to be this huge announcement. One streamer I watch on youtube said he has been sitting on the info for a week and it is a game changer. We'll see what happens on Warrior's Den today. No offense to the Samurai players but I hope they don't take an hour talking about the Faction War other than to say we hear your concerns and Season 3 is going to be totally different.

Vakris_One
07-27-2017, 01:40 PM
I think the thing that most rankles with me is that we are giving the devs all this feedback on how crap it is to downgrade the reward and then the S3 winners will probably get a fantastic set of 12 unique ornaments, thanks to the S2 winners being screwed over like this.

So basically the S2 winners, us Samurai, are going to be remembered as the ******y pigs that got shafted. Not nice at all.

Vakris_One
07-27-2017, 01:41 PM
"gui-nney" is censored, lol

kendebell
07-27-2017, 02:24 PM
well i am upset about this gift and im a knight. imagine the vikings reaction...they gonna laugh with this...it was really unfair....and the emplems outline are same with the shields from conqueror and warlord. ''nice thought ubisoft''...what they doesnt care for the faction war? we tried so hard the last week ive played for 12 hours for the assets..2,5 months for what? this is the reward we get? i love this game and the other games from ubisoft and ill keep playing but i dont care for the faction war never again.

Claudius_Katt
07-27-2017, 04:42 PM
I can honestly see where they were going by making a singular ornament which would become recognisable as the season two trophy but its completely unfair given the ton of unique ornaments the Vikings got in season one,
if this is the way they want to go then I think its only fair that Vikings be given one ornament to share across all their characters just like the Season 2 rewards exclusive to Viking players and then all players across the board should be given the season one ornaments, that way no one would be getting ripped off.

UbiNoty
07-27-2017, 11:28 PM
I agree I think we set a bad precedent with the first S1 rewards. And on top of that we failed to communicate our change in direction for season rewards prior to the end of S2.

I understand you all maybe feel that it's unfair, but unfortunately, this seems like a pretty final decision from the devs and it likely won't be changing. Believe me, I've definitely brought it up and they know there are some unhappy samurai.
But we hope that you can understand our intentions as we move onto future seasons. And we will work on improving our line of communication regarding these kinds of things as well.

RealJayDee1984
07-28-2017, 12:46 AM
I agree I think we set a bad precedent with the first S1 rewards. And on top of that we failed to communicate our change in direction for season rewards prior to the end of S2.

I'd agree with all that. S1 winner rewards were way beyond what the other factions got for second and third place, and now all further winner rewards are way below the S1 rewards. That's just really not a good thing for the overall motivation, sorry.

I understand you all maybe feel that it's unfair, but unfortunately, this seems like a pretty final decision from the devs and it likely won't be changing. Believe me, I've definitely brought it up and they know there are some unhappy samurai.

The good thing about this is that now I can finally and rather easily bring myself not to worry about Faction War anymore. I like about 0-5 of the respective ornaments available for each hero right now, and the chances of me disliking the one ornament that every hero would get as a reward just make it not feel worth much effort anymore.

Then again I'm not even an unhappy Samurai, but an unhappy Knight, so what do I know or care about winning or effort being rewarded anyway. :rolleyes:

But we hope that you can understand our intentions as we move onto future seasons.

If I was more cynical than I am I'd say yeah, and it's got something to do with spending less resources on the whole thing. But since I'm not quite there yet I guess I do understand the intentions. You just really made all this way more difficult for everyone with those S1 rewards then. I hope it'll work out in the future.

Claudius_Katt
07-28-2017, 01:17 AM
The good thing about this is that now I can finally and rather easily bring myself not to worry about Faction War anymore. I like about 0-5 of the respective ornaments available for each hero right now, and the chances of me disliking the one ornament that every hero would get as a reward just make it not feel worth much effort anymore.

This is very true,
Being that I hate the ugly new out of place ornament and the recycled garbage emblem and most definitely wont be displaying either on any character I own, and since I dislike at least 95% of the ornaments available to any of the characters at present that can be purchased right now with steel I will find it very easy to never deploy assets again or if forced to in the future I will place them anywhere with complete disregard of strategy because the rewards for winning the season are absolutely worthless to me,
Crates are utter nonsense and the outlines are about the only thing of interest and since we all get them regardless of our placing who cares, I'm not fussed if its bronze, silver or gold, I wouldnt care if I never got another outline anyway the ones I have are fine and I only see it very rarely on the loading screen anyway so whats the point.

Vakris_One
07-28-2017, 03:38 AM

But we hope that you can understand our intentions as we move onto future seasons. And we will work on improving our line of communication regarding these kinds of things as well.
I would suggest the devs show us the ornament that we will be competing for at some point during every Season - and not at the very end! Simple transparency.

Then we can decide whether it's worth our time or not to try to win the Season. That's the least they can do to try and restore goodwill going forward after this mess.

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 03:40 AM
And here I thought people were trying to win the season because it meant they won the season and anything else was a bonus. People are talking like they only play the game because there is something at the end of it rather than to have fun.

At least fun was what I was here for, am I alone here?

More seriously I don't really mess around with ornaments, I have a few I like and stick with them, had the knights won I doubt I would have stuck the prize on anyone. And in before someone says I got frustrated yesterday and am saying this now (you haven't seen mad, I assure you) it wasn't that we didn't win it was that a lot of people put in effort they wouldn't have without the actual numbers that things were decided by, farming bot battles because of my connection rather than doing something else because of my connection feels more like work to me than playing.

Claudius_Katt
07-28-2017, 07:38 AM
And here I thought people were trying to win the season because it meant they won the season and anything else was a bonus. People are talking like they only play the game because there is something at the end of it rather than to have fun.

More seriously I don't really mess around with ornaments, I have a few I like and stick with them, had the knights won I doubt I would have stuck the prize on anyone. And in before someone says I got frustrated yesterday and am saying this now (you haven't seen mad, I assure you) it wasn't that we didn't win it was that a lot of people put in effort they wouldn't have without the actual numbers that things were decided by, farming bot battles because of my connection rather than doing something else because of my connection feels more like work to me than playing.

The Knights got a real raw deal in the last round, they really do need to give more data in regards to whats actually going on for those truly competitive people who are interested in the Faction War for the sake of the victory alone,
The fact that they didnt has ruined season 2 for Knights and Samurai alike because there will forever be the lingering doubt about whether the victory was earnt or just handed to us and nothing any of us ever do will be able to change that.

As for the fun though, given that I am far from competitive and have just as much fun losing a game as I do winning it, the only thing that fuels my desire for victory is a physical reward not a mental one, a visible tangible, high quality and useable item to add to my collection to wear with pride and customize my different characters looks is what make me strive to win.

Where the Knights were justifiably angry cause they put in hours of work when the reward they sought was already beyond their grasp yet disgustingly was dangled before them like it was mere inches away,
I and many other Samurai are angry cause the hours upon hours of hard work staying up way beyond our means and well past the point where the experience could even be remotely called fun gained us only a fraction of the reward the Season One victors received, a reward many view as utterly worthless.

Personally I wouldnt even be mad if they'd just told us that the rewards are merely bragging rights because I simply wouldnt have bothered participating or helping in the faction war and would have just ignored it like I did in Season one with the Knights, in fact I even agree that the reward being a highly recognisable ornament/emblem is the best idea as it marks the victors clearly but they failed to communicate this just like they failed to communicate the actual odds the Knights had of achieving victory and as a result I wasted hours of my time for what I view as nothing.

K3NDOWOLF
07-28-2017, 10:02 AM
You guys screwed up, plain and simple, it happens.

But there is an easy fix solution with minimal effort from your part which i'm sure would make things right again. The last thing you want is a big part of the community being salty over something that has an easy solution.I've seen a couple of people suggest it on the forum already and it seems viable, simple and fair.

- Give the season 1 victory ornaments to all those who played season 1 (vikings already have them so in this case samurai and knights)
- Create a new unique season 1 victory ornament for all those who played in the vikings faction during season 1

Its a small compensation for thew screw-up, things would once again be fair for all factions, vikings would now have a recognizable ornament instead o 12 random as you guys suggested on the stream), angry samurai would now be happy again and trust would be restored.

It's a win-win-win-win situation with minimal effort.

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 10:44 AM
The Knights got a real raw deal in the last round, they really do need to give more data in regards to whats actually going on for those truly competitive people who are interested in the Faction War for the sake of the victory alone,
The fact that they didnt has ruined season 2 for Knights and Samurai alike because there will forever be the lingering doubt about whether the victory was earnt or just handed to us and nothing any of us ever do will be able to change that.

As for the fun though, given that I am far from competitive and have just as much fun losing a game as I do winning it, the only thing that fuels my desire for victory is a physical reward not a mental one, a visible tangible, high quality and useable item to add to my collection to wear with pride and customize my different characters looks is what make me strive to win.

Where the Knights were justifiably angry cause they put in hours of work when the reward they sought was already beyond their grasp yet disgustingly was dangled before them like it was mere inches away,
I and many other Samurai are angry cause the hours upon hours of hard work staying up way beyond our means and well past the point where the experience could even be remotely called fun gained us only a fraction of the reward the Season One victors received, a reward many view as utterly worthless.

Personally I wouldnt even be mad if they'd just told us that the rewards are merely bragging rights because I simply wouldnt have bothered participating or helping in the faction war and would have just ignored it like I did in Season one with the Knights, in fact I even agree that the reward being a highly recognisable ornament/emblem is the best idea as it marks the victors clearly but they failed to communicate this just like they failed to communicate the actual odds the Knights had of achieving victory and as a result I wasted hours of my time for what I view as nothing.

Oh certainly, I agree they need to communicate better and I will not lie, I was rankled enough to rant about it and it is very hard to get me into any state of upset, since my temper is very slow burn (with all the ups and the downs that that entails, if they had pushed me to the point that I was done I wouldn't be here now and likely wouldn't be in the foreseeable future, so to get me to rant mode is an achievement), and I agree they needed to communicate with us over the reward as well. They hacked off pretty much everyone who was in the running to win the season because of communication issues, they acknowledged this in both cases on the Den yesterday and hopefully they do better with this going forward, they certainly need to take season 2 as a learning experience. And yeah I do realise that while I don't give a damn about the ornaments, people do,sorry if I came across a little preachy there.

Claudius_Katt
07-28-2017, 11:14 AM
Oh certainly, I agree they need to communicate better and I will not lie, I was rankled enough to rant about it and it is very hard to get me into any state of upset, since my temper is very slow burn (with all the ups and the downs that that entails, if they had pushed me to the point that I was done I wouldn't be here now and likely wouldn't be in the foreseeable future, so to get me to rant mode is an achievement), and I agree they needed to communicate with us over the reward as well. They hacked off pretty much everyone who was in the running to win the season because of communication issues, they acknowledged this in both cases on the Den yesterday and hopefully they do better with this going forward, they certainly need to take season 2 as a learning experience. And yeah I do realise that while I don't give a damn about the ornaments, people do,sorry if I came across a little preachy there.

All good man,
Definitely not preachy, in fact you've always been a voice of reason on the forums and its great having you back doing the dev stream.

Just wanted to explain my anger at the situation because I dont want it to come across as being whiny and ungrateful especially since they didnt have to give us anything really so one ornament is better than nothing I guess.
I'm super placid myself so getting me to this point was also quite an achievement but the fact I stayed up till 3am to fight for the win and earn my reward only to get one ornament I found incredibly boring and unworthy of equipping obviously pushed me over the edge.

I'm gonna have to turn off For Honor for a few days and cool down but I'll undoubtedly be back refreshed and ready to see the new characters and gear,
This damn game is so freaking addictive.

Alustar.
07-28-2017, 11:16 AM

That was the first time I've seen both Gray and Candle give Ubi a go on a tirade at Ubisoft. You both went ham! I'm pretty sure Noty was sitting there, read those posts and thought, "****, TF happened that now THESE GUYS turned on us" then picks out a bottle of scotch and the bat phone.

Also I'm with you on the playing the game for the fun of it. Season rewards would be nice, but I have the ornament I like already on my PK. (She looks like a freaking demon goddess) and while I don't participate heavily in the faction war, most of that is attributed to the fact that I don't feel it's that great of a system that really encourages both tactical and unorthodox strategies.
I think it was Gray that mentioned something about every end round (or maybe just the seasons end, I think that, Yeah) was always the difference of .5-.05%. I'm ok with losing (hell I have over 100gs of saved footage from this game and I think 25% or more of the vids are losses) I would be happy with even a landslide loss. I think if they want to continue with this "bolstering" mechanic they should set up a limiter that once the defending faction reaches their border the buff is gone.

RealJayDee1984
07-28-2017, 11:50 AM

The thing is, I really only play for fun, since it's a game I play in my free time. And I'm not a super serious, ambitious, competitive player (I don't really put all too much steel into maxing out gear, I don't know about the exact number of milliseconds an attack takes to complete etc), I can have just as much fun hunting down bots for a while to relax as I can have playing intense matches against real folks. What I care about is enjoying myself and having my characters look cool (to me ^^) while doing so. That's where stuff like ornaments come into play.

As for the Faction War... in its current state it's just not fun in any way for me personally. I've played regularly since release day, I've manually deployed war assets after 90+% of my matches, and I mostly even tried to put some thought into where. And here I am now and I can't think of a reason to continue doing so. It's not just that I don't really feel the impact of my personal contributions, it's that stuff like the weird rebound mechanics make it seem like nothing anyone does really matters. And that's not even taking into account that the last season was decided based on numbers not available to the players until the end (as you all too well know). To now reveal that the winners of S1 just happened to get a bigger reward than anyone else ever will is just the final nail in the coffin for me.

I've tried with the Faction War, really, but unless they pull off some major rehaul to make it worthwhile again I'll just treat it as some kind of lottery running in the background. Should they ever succeed in making the FW as a mechanic a fun element of the game again and address the major [frick]-up witht he uneven rewards I'll be glad to get back into it.

Draghmar
07-28-2017, 11:57 AM
I've tried with the Faction War, really, but unless they pull off some major rehaul to make it worthwhile again [...]
They suggested at least two times on the streams that they making some changes in future. Didn't give any details. It was only mentioned throughout the sentence and they moved on.

Claudius_Katt
07-28-2017, 12:02 PM
- Give the season 1 victory ornaments to all those who played season 1 (vikings already have them so in this case samurai and knights)
- Create a new unique season 1 victory ornament for all those who played in the vikings faction during season 1

It's a win-win-win-win situation with minimal effort.

This would be the absolute best scenario but they wont do it.

It would solve all the problems instantly,
everyone would be happy and no one could complain any longer,
Knights would be in better spirits cause they get free ornaments,
Samurai wouldnt feel ripped off because Vikings got a 14 times better reward for their victory so they'd be in good spirits,
And Vikings could show off their own new one of a kind highly recognisable ornament to make their excellent season one victory obvious like the Devs want to do from now on.

It would be the easiest and fastest method of dealing with the angry masses but I can tell you right now they absoultely will not do it.

CandleInTheDark
07-28-2017, 12:38 PM
All good man,
Definitely not preachy, in fact you've always been a voice of reason on the forums and its great having you back doing the dev stream.

Just wanted to explain my anger at the situation because I dont want it to come across as being whiny and ungrateful especially since they didnt have to give us anything really so one ornament is better than nothing I guess.
I'm super placid myself so getting me to this point was also quite an achievement but the fact I stayed up till 3am to fight for the win and earn my reward only to get one ornament I found incredibly boring and unworthy of equipping obviously pushed me over the edge.

I'm gonna have to turn off For Honor for a few days and cool down but I'll undoubtedly be back refreshed and ready to see the new characters and gear,
This damn game is so freaking addictive.

Yeah I think I am in the same boat honestly, I am going to play a lot less during the off season, pick up games I have neglected a little, maybe pop in to do a few orders and inch my warden towards another rep point to get epic gear (*sigh* so close to getting a second into the top gear, another two rep points for everyone I am working on likely lol), I'll definitely be looking to come back strong when it is back and running though, not sure how I feel about faction war and I probably won't be as invested in it as I was with the end of this one, though honestly doing my part in I think round three when the territories were bouncing back and forth was pretty rewarding, that is the kind of close they need more of, just not artificially managed. If I am less invested in it then I might go with the vikings, my emblem would fit perfectly on a circular shield rather than being a disk on a shield shaped crest, I am pretty much a knight for story reasons (my main is a knight, my highest levelled other than her a knight also), I have stories about my characters to keep it interesting for me when there is no set plot but their story can go where the whim takes me lol.

That was the first time I've seen both Gray and Candle give Ubi a go on a tirade at Ubisoft. You both went ham! I'm pretty sure Noty was sitting there, read those posts and thought, "****, TF happened that now THESE GUYS turned on us" then picks out a bottle of scotch and the bat phone.

Also I'm with you on the playing the game for the fun of it. Season rewards would be nice, but I have the ornament I like already on my PK. (She looks like a freaking demon goddess) and while I don't participate heavily in the faction war, most of that is attributed to the fact that I don't feel it's that great of a system that really encourages both tactical and unorthodox strategies.
I think it was Gray that mentioned something about every end round (or maybe just the seasons end, I think that, Yeah) was always the difference of .5-.05%. I'm ok with losing (hell I have over 100gs of saved footage from this game and I think 25% or more of the vids are losses) I would be happy with even a landslide loss. I think if they want to continue with this "bolstering" mechanic they should set up a limiter that once the defending faction reaches their border the buff is gone.

Lol I actually apologised to Noty >.> once on the day for my posts on the forum but still had an I am stressed out about this and this is what the devs need to learn vibe and then the day after all oh damn, I'm usually the voice of reason, not making your evening harder, she took them as they were. I definitely think the rebounding mechanic needs looking at and they said on the stream they are looking at getting the relevant information visible rather than a matter of I need to add up the percentages of fifty or so turns (which we could feasibly have done but hell that would have been time consuming) so they certainly know they screwed up there, we'll see what they do about it.

The thing is, I really only play for fun, since it's a game I play in my free time. And I'm not a super serious, ambitious, competitive player (I don't really put all too much steel into maxing out gear, I don't know about the exact number of milliseconds an attack takes to complete etc), I can have just as much fun hunting down bots for a while to relax as I can have playing intense matches against real folks. What I care about is enjoying myself and having my characters look cool (to me ^^) while doing so. That's where stuff like ornaments come into play.

As for the Faction War... in its current state it's just not fun in any way for me personally. I've played regularly since release day, I've manually deployed war assets after 90+% of my matches, and I mostly even tried to put some thought into where. And here I am now and I can't think of a reason to continue doing so. It's not just that I don't really feel the impact of my personal contributions, it's that stuff like the weird rebound mechanics make it seem like nothing anyone does really matters. And that's not even taking into account that the last season was decided based on numbers not available to the players until the end (as you all too well know). To now reveal that the winners of S1 just happened to get a bigger reward than anyone else ever will is just the final nail in the coffin for me.

I've tried with the Faction War, really, but unless they pull off some major rehaul to make it worthwhile again I'll just treat it as some kind of lottery running in the background. Should they ever succeed in making the FW as a mechanic a fun element of the game again and address the major [frick]-up witht he uneven rewards I'll be glad to get back into it.

They definitely needed to say look guys, I know we did it this way but we are changing it and have a reason for it, I get their reason but if I were samurai and I had been going for the ornaments I can understand why a lot of people were hacked off.