PDA

View Full Version : Stamina drain abilities in upcoming Public Test

wethebishop
07-26-2017, 08:59 PM
Did they say anything about this? I mean the melee abilities, like kicks and bashes and punches.

Being out of stamina will be very punishing, so isn't this a buff to the stamina drain abilities that can push you to that state?

I know that blocking and dodging will pause the stamina regeneration, but this seems like it could be relatively minor if the player isn't in the out of stamina state. Yes, you'll be hit and take some chip damage, but the enemy will have to spend his own stamina in order to do any damage, after which you can start to melee to put them into the out of stamina state and punish them hard. Also, a standard attack can be parried, which drains a lot of stamina, while most melee attempts cannot be parried or well punished in any way.

The game will revolve more around stamina. Blocking and dodging don't drain any stamina, while attacking does. Could the meta possibly shift from defensive to defensive and melee? That depends on how much stamina someone trying to stamina drain has to spend on his own stamina drain attempts and how effective draining your own stamina to apply chip damage is. Right, or not? Explain:confused:

I haven't played this game in a while so I'm not very familiar with the changes since then

vgrimr_J
07-26-2017, 09:02 PM
centurion will be A GOD..well even more of a god

kbvlcvfkhgc
07-26-2017, 10:20 PM
Winning in this game is all about Character selection,

this is the reason the Centurion proliferates every lobby,

whatever makes sense to do to balance the game better you can guarantee Ubisoft will do the exact opposite,

instead of Nerfing this Fuc#!ng Centurion Cancer they offer an indirect buff, the Stamina Pool King who also happens to be the King of the stamina drain is helped or hindered by these Stamina changes?

Ideas to break the defensive Meta? i know lets make attacking far more dangerous and lets reward those who don't attack and just block until the aggressor is OOS and then gets to punish away?

seriously you couldn't make it up? this game is in a worse state now than it was at beta, the connections, stability and balancing gets steadily worse every-time Ubi touch it,

the opposite of the Midas touch = the UBI touch?

kweassa1
07-26-2017, 10:24 PM
...and just like that, everyone just forgot how they already mentioned cent nerf/balancing is due to happen in season3. :rolleyes:

It's like you people can't process more than one topic per given time.

Horus-31
07-26-2017, 10:44 PM
...and just like that, everyone just forgot how they already mentioned cent nerf/balancing is due to happen in season3. :rolleyes:

It's like you people can't process more than one topic per given time.

1. The OP did not mention the Centurion. And while he reigns supreme in stamina draining, he is not the only character with a stamina draining ability. As I (and others) have said in different threads, all those stamina draining moves will probably need a nerf if this new OSS state is to implemented.

2. Now, about the Centurion, the devs should announce what changes they are planning, or even release some of those changes in the PT. If they don't want feedback on the PT to be polluted by complaints about how owerpowered the Centurion would be in the new meta, they should just nerf him already. If they want us to test what would work or not for season 3, why not show us the full picture?

kweassa1
07-26-2017, 10:48 PM
1. The OP did not mention the Centurion. And while he reigns supreme in stamina draining, he is not the only character with a stamina draining ability. As I (and others) have said in different threads, all those stamina draining moves will probably need a nerf if this new OSS state is to implemented.

2. Now, about the Centurion, the devs should announce what changes they are planning, or even release some of those changes in the PT. If they don't want feedback on the PT to be polluted by complaints about how owerpowered the Centurion would be in the new meta, they should just nerf him already. If they want us to test what would work or not for season 3, why not show us the full picture?

...and guess what the whole purpose of doing a public TEST server is.

...announce a change before examining the results through a test? Really? :rolleyes:

Horus-31
07-26-2017, 10:59 PM
...and guess what the whole purpose of doing a public TEST server is.

...announce a change before examining the results through a test? Really? :rolleyes:

Yes. Announce the planned change, then test it, then announce the definitive change. That's exactly what they are doing with the new meta.
Any good reason not to test the nerf on the Centurion at the same time?

kweassa1
07-26-2017, 11:04 PM
Yes. Announce the planned change, then test it, then announce the definitive change. That's exactly what they are doing with the new meta.
Any good reason not to test the nerf on the Centurion at the same time?

Remind me not to be associated with you in any real-life business planning.

Horus-31
07-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Remind me not to be associated with you in any real-life business planning.

Not a chance.

Back on topic and to answer OP:

The game will revolve more around stamina. Blocking and dodging don't drain any stamina, while attacking does. Could the meta possibly shift from defensive to defensive and melee? That depends on how much stamina someone trying to stamina drain has to spend on his own stamina drain attempts and how effective draining your own stamina to apply chip damage is. Right, or not? Explain:confused:

Precisely. If it becomes more effective to target an ennemy's stamina bar rather than his health bar, we could have the "defensive and melee" meta you're talking about. It's probably going to take some fine tuning on stamina drain abilities to avoid that. Let's hope the public test helps them with that.

UbiNoty
07-26-2017, 11:40 PM
I believe we've done a general pass at balancing in the PT for most (if not all heroes). There's no patch notes for that out since most of it is likely a temporary first-pass, but the major point of the PT is for us to get feedback and gather data (yes data) so we know what to balance and how much to balance it.

We're very aware that things like stamina drain heroes, and certain kits will either be advantaged or disadvantaged by the def meta changes - so we'll be keeping eagle eyes trained upon these things over the course of the PT. We've passed along many of your concerns and hopefully they get a change to address them i the warrior's den tomorrow.

But at the end of the day, we need your help the most to give us feedback so we can see what changes are good, what works, what doesn't and what is so bad we should dump it like a dirty diaper.