PDA

View Full Version : The grab is broke af

brsique420
07-26-2017, 04:05 PM
I am so tired of the grab that never misses. As soon as players are getting beat they resort to the grab spam (especially disablers). I understand it's reversible (though i cant get it to work even 20% of the time) but i dnt understand how it doesnt seem to drain stamina.

KotoKuraken
07-26-2017, 08:21 PM
If they are repeatedly grabbing, you can light attack and it will stop them. If you're about to do a heavy attack, and you see them dash forward for a grab, you can also feint that heavy so you can counter the grab.

It's guaranteed that their grab will work on you if you are
a) In the middle of dodging
b) Starting up a heavy, such as if you are trying to attack or parry
c) After you get parried

Any other time, grab is not guaranteed and can be countered as soon as you see the grab symbol pop up

SikanderAzam
07-26-2017, 09:55 PM
If they are repeatedly grabbing, you can light attack and it will stop them. If you're about to do a heavy attack, and you see them dash forward for a grab, you can also feint that heavy so you can counter the grab.

It's guaranteed that their grab will work on you if you are
a) In the middle of dodging
b) Starting up a heavy, such as if you are trying to attack or parry
c) After you get parried

Any other time, grab is not guaranteed and can be countered as soon as you see the grab symbol pop up

^This. If you're trying to get good, then you probably are trying to learn to use your full moveset, feint, get executions and look like a badass... But the reality is that for many people's play styles, especially in a low bracket, light spam is invaluable and counters a lot of the annoying things you see--including "grab spam"

SikanderAzam
07-26-2017, 10:04 PM
I am so tired of the grab that never misses. As soon as players are getting beat they resort to the grab spam (especially disablers). I understand it's reversible (though i cant get it to work even 20% of the time) but i dnt understand how it doesnt seem to drain stamina.

P.S. there are certain heroes I just have trouble counter guard breaking for some reason, but after playing for a while you get a good feel for when someone is going to try to GB you. If you know that they're going to try it, you can remove the possibility rather than risk a CGB.

kweassa1
07-26-2017, 10:36 PM

I CGB about 60~70% of GB attempts, and I'm a mediocre, mediocre player. Barely above scrub level. Against competent players, GB basically never works unless you catch them during vulnerable openings, such as GB during dodge.

Sorry to say this but its really a skill and practice issue. You just need to keep on practicing until you can correctly anticipate GB attempts and react fast enough to CGB it.

iAlwaysL0se
07-26-2017, 10:50 PM
if you're on console then you'll also have to really anticipate the attack because you have 30 frames vs 60 on pc to react to so your timing has to be on point. I've played on PC but primarily play this on console and its much harder to react to some attacks because of less frames but, I certainly feel your pain. practice, practice, get salty, practice some more.

SikanderAzam
07-26-2017, 10:58 PM
if you're on console then you'll also have to really anticipate the attack because you have 30 frames vs 60 on pc to react to so your timing has to be on point. I've played on PC but primarily play this on console and its much harder to react to some attacks because of less frames but, I certainly feel your pain. practice, practice, get salty, practice some more.

This. Also, quick tip for PS4: if it's comfortable to you to hold your control so that you have index and middle fingers on bumper and trigger of both right AND left hand, then go to accessibility in your PS4 settings menu and map square to left bumber. Left bumper isn't used in FH, and to reach over and press square to CGB is a lot of movement for such a tiny window of reaction time. If you typically have your finger on the left bumper anyway, it can be a lot easier.