PDA

View Full Version : We Knights lost because we have jobs.

RageOvSparta
07-26-2017, 12:09 PM
Ever notice how in the morning/mid day viking and samurai have the upper hand, then when we come home from work we crush them? It's just facts and numbers. More kiddos with no responsibilities on summer break play vikings and samurai. More players = more war assets.

Thanks Ubisoft for not balancing the faction war and now having more content the knights will never see.

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Ever notice how in the morning/mid day viking and samurai have the upper hand, then when we come home from work we crush them? It's just facts and numbers. More kiddos with no responsibilities on summer break play vikings and samurai. More players = more war assets.

Thanks Ubisoft for not balancing the faction war and now having more content the knights will never see.

The fact that the 'War' can be decided by who goes to bed when and what time of day it is in the first place makes the whole thing a bad joke. It's about time performance over the course of the entire round counted for something, instead of the silly game of chance in the final hours that we have now.

DrinkinMehStella
07-26-2017, 12:34 PM
The whole faction war concept is rubbish, its not fun, its not interaction or immersive at all you just sit there and place war assets and hope that every has the same idea. Its needs to be more interactive. Maybe faction wars should have its very own mode which has 3v3v3 game mode that the MM sorts the teams into their faction so you feel like your actually making a difference. as it stands right now you get put randomly into teams and you win counts for what? what do we gain if every faction gets the same war assets in our team? at least with a faction war game mode you can change the out come with skill based play.

Draghmar
07-26-2017, 12:37 PM
The fact that the 'War' can be decided by who goes to bed when and what time of day it is in the first place makes the whole thing a bad joke. It's about time performance over the course of the entire round counted for something, instead of the silly game of chance in the final hours that we have now.
Yeah, I still wonder why they decided to go with 'last minute decide outcome' instead of taking average performance over all round. It's weird as hell.

RenegadeRasta
07-26-2017, 12:47 PM
That's what you get for having a job :P

DrinkinMehStella
07-26-2017, 12:48 PM
I think every faction should get all the main rewards this season with the winners given some additional loot boxes and then start season with the reworked faction wars

Felis_Menari
07-26-2017, 01:07 PM

I...don't know why this never came to mind before. This pretty much destroys the entire concept, since the war is fundamentally broken. "Sorry knights, should have said **** sleep and gone to work miserable! 😄". Get outta here with that garbage 👿.

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 01:07 PM
I think every faction should get all the main rewards this season with the winners given some additional loot boxes and then start season with the reworked faction wars

Be nice if we all got them, but second place has to buy them for 7000 Steel and 3rd place has to buy them for 15,000. Something like that. That way a win still means something and where you place in terms of 2nd and 3rd has a big impact on how much Steel you save. The game has few things that are worth obtaining and few customization options so going without for 6 months because you slept at the wrong time is getting old.

Draghmar
07-26-2017, 01:15 PM

So what exactly is that you lost? Because your logic suggest Knights will win whole round because last territory update will be in the evening EU time. And also you completely ignored the fact that there are different timezones os it's only about having more time during the day. From what I remember most players in US timezone plays Samurai.

My.Insanity
07-26-2017, 01:22 PM
I like your idea Gray.. each faction should be able to get the Cosmetic Rewards (Ornaments) but if you are on the winning faction you dont have to pay for them... its a win win situation:

-The Winnners get all Ornaments for FREE and the Gold border for their Emblem
-The Second place can buy all Ornaments for 7.000 Steel each
-The Third can buy all Ornaments for 15.000 Steel each
-Ubisoft will sell more Steel which will make their CEO happy.

at last they could use this system for Season 1 and 2 (hopefully we will get a new faction War in Season 3 which is not based on "luck" which Faction gets the defender Bonus + Bed time/Work time)

The_B0G_
07-26-2017, 01:27 PM
When I got home from work last night a new round had just started and we had 30 territories, every territory besides one we we instantly down 33%-66%. They basically handed the Samurai the win.

Draghmar
07-26-2017, 01:39 PM
I like your idea Gray.. each faction should be able to get the Cosmetic Rewards (Ornaments) but if you are on the winning faction you dont have to pay for them... its a win win situation:

at last they could use this system for Season 1 and 2 (hopefully we will get a new faction War in Season 3 which is not based on "luck" which Faction gets the defender Bonus + Bed time/Work time)
Yeah...no. I don't need ornaments (most of them are ugly for Nobushi) but I like to have an outline. Especially now when i know how do they look. So having outline on each place is more important for me. As a side note: I don't even care for winning because silver outline looks so much better. :)

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 01:40 PM
When I got home from work last night a new round had just started and we had 30 territories, every territory besides one we we instantly down 33%-66%. They basically handed the Samurai the win.

Exactly. I screenshotted that because the Knights were doing so exceptionally well, and to be honest, I did so because I knew it would all get overturned the next day and when all the 'Samurai won because of this and that ....' talk began I wanted to be able to show how meaningless the whole thing is.

Horus-31
07-26-2017, 01:48 PM

Agreed. The 6 hours turn that is currently deciding the outcome of the last round (and to some extent, of the season) is taking place while it's:
- Between 2:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. in Moscow;
- Between 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. in London;
- Between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in Montréal or New York.
- Between 4:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in Vancouver or Los Angeles.

DrinkinMehStella
07-26-2017, 01:52 PM
Agreed. The 6 hours turn that is currently deciding the outcome of the last round (and to some extent, of the season) is taking place while it's:
- Between 2:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. in Moscow;
- Between 12:30 p.m. and 6:30 p.m. in London;
- Between 7:30 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. in Montréal or New York.
- Between 4:30 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. in Vancouver or Los Angeles.

ahh man I don't start playing till 6.30GMT

The_B0G_
07-26-2017, 01:53 PM
Basically no one who works played the last two rounds in North America.

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 02:00 PM
Basically no one who works played the last two rounds in North America.

And in the UK / Europe as well, assuming you mean turns rather than rounds.

I stayed up till 2am even though I had to get up at 8am, and yet still I miss the last 2 deciding turns altogether. It's always great when you go to bed with 30 territories and then get to see an entire Season lost because you went to work.

Netcode_err_404
07-26-2017, 02:23 PM
So we knights have lost ?

Oh well, fortunately i don't care a flying **** about this war faction thing, considering is not decided by your skill, but by your luck. And only luck.

I would like to have more medieval ornaments for knights, instead of ******** out of context content.

SK-LorD4rk
07-26-2017, 02:27 PM
Be nice if we all got them, but second place has to buy them for 7000 Steel and 3rd place has to buy them for 15,000. Something like that. That way a win still means something and where you place in terms of 2nd and 3rd has a big impact on how much Steel you save. The game has few things that are worth obtaining and few customization options so going without for 6 months because you slept at the wrong time is getting old.

I fully support this idea. Could even be at a higher price: 3k steel each for 2nd place and 5k steel each for 3rd place. Converting the useless materials (I'm sitting at +400k now) to steel 10:1 would also be nice.

Dude_of_Valor
07-26-2017, 02:41 PM
That's the problem, if you fall outside of the last two turns for territory handover, then it don't mean jack what you did before.

The whole concept needs re-designing!

edit: looking at the results, there is a chance we will win as Knights war assets are higher than samurai and vikings will win this round with most territories. War Faction concept still needs to change though.

Nexo.C
07-26-2017, 03:29 PM

War isnt over yet and Knights already searching for excuses :) For us Samurai there is no option of losing. If we do we kill ourselfs. Way of the Bushido :(

MetalDevil19
07-26-2017, 03:36 PM
I'm Samurai, and cuz the adult life is a ***** in 2017, I have to have 2 jobs, and because HATE is what drives me, I'm also doing some college.

CandleInTheDark
07-26-2017, 03:40 PM
We haven't actually lost yet in any case, if the round ended right now the knights would win due to the vikings taking the round and the knights having a higher asset allocation than the samurai by 0.1%. Pretty sure Jurassic said it came down to asset allocation not who came second in territories.

Necparfait
07-26-2017, 03:44 PM
Knights aren't making excuses, these are issues lots of people from all actions have had/pointed out with the faction war since the beginning. I too am hoping we can squeak out a victory with war assets though. The Vikings are fighting tooth and nail for this last round, but the Knights have worked hard for this.

CandleInTheDark
07-26-2017, 03:56 PM
Knights need to stop attacking the vikings. We just took two territories off them but our focus should be on a viking win and assets, as it stands Vikings have a five territory lead over samurai but would lose the tiebreak on assets by a large margin.

Gray360UK
07-26-2017, 03:58 PM
Okay, Knights, if you are playing now, DO NOT ATTACK THE VIKINGS (or defend against them) - we need them to beat the Samurai.

CandleInTheDark
07-26-2017, 04:08 PM
This is all assuming I read right that all we need is the assets mind, but the way I see it the best move is to do dominions, pvp if your connection is lasting, ai if not, and manually deploy assets on that front for the bonus, also has the benefit of keeping our territories out of samurai hands.

Necparfait
07-26-2017, 04:11 PM
Agreed. Dominion mode has the benefit of giving us the asset bonus to defend against the Samurai, and gives us the most assets period. We have a .2% lead right now; we need to increase that.

RatedChaotic
07-26-2017, 04:13 PM
Logging in now to do my part. Will be going straight for Samurai. Press on Knights!!!!!

CandleInTheDark
07-26-2017, 04:18 PM
I found the post of Jurassic's I was looking for, it is assets we need.

If there is a tie, the faction that deploys the most war assets, between the Samurai and Knights, will win the season.

Mathematically we can just squeak past the vikings on territories but the swing needed on a few of them is huge so it would very much be a dicey path.

brsique420
07-26-2017, 04:21 PM
So what, the knight faction is the only faction that appeals to people with jobs??? How did ubisoft pull that one off??? Lol weak thread with a weak basis. I'm sure every faction has players with jobs. Its plain statistics that one of the 3 teams will ultimately have less players, or less devoted players, or less skilled players. Its a question of chance. Correlation is not causation.

thornh
07-26-2017, 04:30 PM
Candle, I don't think trying to pass the Vikings in territories would be a good strategy. I'm a Viking and in Season 1 in literally came down to one territory between us and the Samurai. We just kept dumping assets in that territory until the very last second. Manual deployment is still the key to victory at this point.

RatedChaotic
07-26-2017, 04:32 PM
One positive thing I seen come from this thread was the......Your Team Rallied......part. Good work OP. Lets take this win. Its right there for us....

Vakris_One
07-26-2017, 05:04 PM
Yeah, I still wonder why they decided to go with &apos;last minute decide outcome&apos; instead of taking average performance over all round. It&apos;s weird as hell.<br>
I agree. And to be honest if the Knights do end up winning it actually won&apos;t be fair to the Samurai considering the fact that the Samurai have statistically claimed more territories throughout the entire last round round. The Knights only pushed back yesterday whereas they were nowhere to be seen during the last couple of rounds.<br>
<br>
Last minute outcome is a very crap way to do these faction wars. The winner should be determined by their overall performance throughtout the round, not this kind of only the last 2 hours effort wins nonsense.

The_B0G_
07-26-2017, 05:05 PM
If it ended now we can win, but doesn't change how unfair at 30 territories getting a -33% disasvantage at the start of the round is. They need a better set up for faction war.

Lyskir
07-26-2017, 05:11 PM

this

Stahlrusse
07-27-2017, 09:42 AM
Yeah too bad for you then. Stop crying, enjoy your job. Not our fault you have a job.

Decembre.
07-27-2017, 01:58 PM
I am a samurai, i am 21 years old, i work ambulant from 6 am to 14:30 get 3,1k from which i can use 2k for myself. my fam owns a house and i "could" play almost the entire day from 14pm onward but i usually play a few hours in the evening.

"Knights, the only people with "jobs" that's such a childish statement. get over yourself. the timezone in which a round ends isn't optimal and they need to work on that, agreed. but b* please don't pull up wrong "facts" it's just really dumb and childish.

UbiNoty
07-27-2017, 11:54 PM
Ook, closing this thread. Let's not throw around blanket statements about perceived notions of a faction.
We all each chose our own factions for our own reasons and let's be respectful of that.