PDA

View Full Version : Community maps playlist

truesurv1val
07-25-2017, 05:47 PM
I would like to see a community maps play list in the multiplayer section of farcry 5.

Why? So the average player gets a taste of what is possible with the editor. And they see what happens If you only put some time and effort in your map. And not only get swamped by the green grid maps and quickly move on to another game.

Let people know in this community maps section that they can submit maps here on this forum. This also means more traffic here.

AW LOST SOLDIER
07-27-2017, 02:34 PM
Good idea.

Steve64b
09-18-2017, 11:17 AM
This weekend, a 'Survey'-tab became available to me in the uPlay client. It was a questionnaire that asked my opinion on User Generated Content (UGC). In the broad definition, from cosplaying, to drawings, videos, game mods and maps. The questionnaire was not implicitly about Far Cry.

One of the questions was along the lines of whether Ubisoft should integrate a "User Generated Content" library/listing/repository feature into their uPlay client, or as (part of) a dedicated website.
This makes me think that Ubisoft may be planning on releasing a platform to manage User-Generated Content for their game(s).

I for one voted for a dedicated website in favor of the uPlay client; it would make it easier to advertise the content to other media, outside of the uPlay app. Which is something at least Far Cry 5 maps would benefit from using.

Though registering a protocol handler to link the website into the uPlay client, and possibly publishing User-Generated Content from the uPlay client wouldn't be so far-fetched.

Fallen-Champ
09-18-2017, 01:44 PM
Thanks Steve I just found and filled out that Survey it was very interesting.
Anyone that uses UPLAY you can find it I believe under Surveys when signed in - I would say fill it out, for anyone who likes to use an In Game Editor there are a lot of questions where you might be able to make a difference.

akilyoung
09-18-2017, 02:17 PM
We also have the ability to add back in a 'hottest maps' module at battlemap.net

We used to have it up, but right now there no real point. We have a latest maps module up but thats it.

Hottest maps could be set up to include contest winners, and other maps that are hand selected to be really good by staff.

Rest assured, when FC5 comes out, we will set the site up to easily find great maps, the latest maps, and to easily upload and download your maps into the database.

GhostWind905
09-20-2017, 01:43 AM
I strongly encourage everyone to fill out that survey. I just did and if Ubisoft is going in the direction which it looks like from that survey, then I am very interested in seeing where it will go. If players can freely create and share their own user generated content for use in SP/MP, no one could possibly know what the game would end up looking like a few months after release. If Ubisoft really does implement a user friendly UGC sharing component, there would be no need for risky mods that can potentially corrupt the game. My interest is definitely peaked!

Steve64b
09-20-2017, 06:47 AM
If Ubisoft really does implement a user friendly UGC sharing component, there would be no need for risky mods that can potentially corrupt the game. UGC for Far Cry 4 has been mostly maps, and that content can be shared already, without being too risky.

While this survey could somewhat seem to hint on mods, the risk with mods comes from the fact that they are done by 'hackers' if you will - we don't have the docs for how the game works technically and Ubisoft doesn't support anything in that nature.

So even if mods would be doable in Far Cry 5, without open specs of the engine I doubt they would be less risky in nature. And as such, having risky UGC shared on a Ubisoft platform may be a bit too much to ask. ;)

Viragoxv535
09-20-2017, 11:30 AM
As far as i'm aware you can't mod games legitimately if they implement Denuvo protection. And Ubisoft will surely make use of it.

Fallen-Champ
09-20-2017, 12:03 PM
I think it would need to be regulated maybe by battlemaps or fcmaps where the community can advise Ubi of any new maps that need adding or removing from the Community Playlist.

fcmaps.net is gone mate / finished, It's up for sale (The name) through some company until November, unsure after that but it hasn't been working properly since Far Cry 3 which was when Far Cry's multiplayer was killed off - lets hope FC5 can bring it back.

Ubi-Salvenius
09-20-2017, 01:27 PM
Maybe they think we are a group of kids just playing around with map editor tools.

I can assure you that this isn't the case.

I will also be super happy when we can actually overload you with information ;)

Steve64b
09-20-2017, 02:56 PM
As far as i'm aware you can't mod games legitimately if they implement Denuvo protection. And Ubisoft will surely make use of it.

This is an interesting one. I think Ubisoft can choose to copy-protect either just the executable, or the excutable along with the/some data files.

Far Cry 4 mods do NOT require tampering with the copy protection, as they only target the game's unprotected data resources, not the copy-protected executable. But whether or not modding games is legitimate is a whole other question. ;)

Viragoxv535
09-20-2017, 03:09 PM
I think Ubisoft can choose to copy-protect either just the executable, or the excutable along with the/some data files.

If it's a selective protection then some mods may work.

GhostWind905
09-24-2017, 03:05 AM
UGC for Far Cry 4 has been mostly maps, and that content can be shared already, without being too risky.

I wouldn't count maps made in the editor as "User Generated Content". That is just using content already created by Ubisoft to make a custom map along with the Ubisoft created terrain tools. True UGC would be content created soley by the user, not Ubisoft created content manipulated to create a new object. If Ubisoft is in control of the programs used to create content, such as models,
audio, scripting, etc.. then there would be no need to worry about risky 3rd party mods