PDA

View Full Version : Please give shinobi a buff

Sneaky-Patches
07-25-2017, 08:09 AM
I know he got nerfed really hard because of the 50/50. And I agree it was a needed nerf as it was a pretty cheap tactic. But I think he honestly needs a buff.

I think he needs a few quality of life changes.

---Please just give him a regular assassin guard, because he is so squishy it really wrecks him when the guard just deteriorates in the middle of being ganked. It doesn't add anything to the game having it function like this, only added frustration. And OR allow a guard stance to be refreshed, instead of it running out and leaving you with a brief window without an active guard, before you can put your guard back up in the same direction.

---give him an active bonus in his hero specific moveset. A passive feat that "triples deflect damage when deflecting targets you are not locked onto". Right now he just gets slapped into the dirt in dominion when fighting 2 or more people. This would help out, but it's still extremely difficult to do.

---give his backflip animation invincibility frames. All attacks just heatseek him mid backflip and do 180s just to track him.

---maybe give him another "heavy" deflect option like orochi has. Would function much the same, and can be dodged by the enemy if quick enough.

--- throwing stars could use a buff, maybe another ~50% damage or so.

Anyway, that's just my thoughts, feel free to disagree, cheers.

Sneaky-Patches
07-25-2017, 06:56 PM
Anyone agree/ disagree? I don't think it would change him at all in a 1v1, but it would just give him some tools when getting ganked, instead on just being driven into the ground like a fence post with a top heavy.

kweassa1
07-25-2017, 07:37 PM
Anyone agree/ disagree? I don't think it would change him at all in a 1v1, but it would just give him some tools when getting ganked, instead on just being driven into the ground like a fence post with a top heavy.

...I've got opinions but you probably won't like it at all...

---Please just give him a regular assassin guard, because he is so squishy it really wrecks him when the guard just deteriorates in the middle of being ganked. It doesn't add anything to the game having it function like this, only added frustration. And OR allow a guard stance to be refreshed, instead of it running out and leaving you with a brief window without an active guard, before you can put your guard back up in the same direction.

Disagree.

Everything about the design of the Shinobi screams "he's a ninja -- play sneaky and dirty!" He's already got the best disengagement tactics in game. Getting ganked with a shinobi simply means the player is handling the shinobi all wrong. Either that, or its Elimination or breaking-phase of Dominion. The shinobi's team lost with 3 people dead.

---give him an active bonus in his hero specific moveset. A passive feat that "triples deflect damage when deflecting targets you are not locked onto". Right now he just gets slapped into the dirt in dominion when fighting 2 or more people. This would help out, but it's still extremely difficult to do.

Disagree.

Again, it's a player choice thing. Fighting 2 or more people is what the player -- consciously or not -- chose to do. It's not like fantasy RPGs where someone teleports or "shadow-steps" behind you. Everyone needs to make the distance and run towards... which 10 out 14 classes are caught by radar, and 4 assassins doesn't show up on 'dar but still clearly visible.

---give his backflip animation invincibility frames. All attacks just heatseek him mid backflip and do 180s just to track him.

I'm pretty sure both front flip and back flip are already UI. I'll need to check this one though.

---maybe give him another "heavy" deflect option like orochi has. Would function much the same, and can be dodged by the enemy if quick enough.

I don't really see the point. Isn't the shinobi deflect already one of only two deflects that deals damage by itself?

--- throwing stars could use a buff, maybe another ~50% damage or so.

Disagree.

Projectile feat skills were nerfed for a clear reason. I feel it's balanced now (except for goddarn Cent Pugio)