PDA

View Full Version : Can we talk about Peacekeeper on console (Just moved from PC)

SerArthur-Dayne
07-23-2017, 04:40 PM
Played 30 or so reps on the PC, but its hard to find a game, so I picked it up on ps4 (which was an easy move, as I use a ps4 controller on PC anyway). Peacekeeper is an absolute plague on console. You simply cant react to her moves, just stand there and cop lights in the face until you respawn.

Have my ps4 plugged into a high end PC monitor (virtually 0 input lag), Have a wired broadband connection, wired controller connection (not sure if that one helps much), tested my reaction time (well above average), and have a lot of experience playing against PK's, and know her moveset inside out. Cant be done.

Seriously, I think the devs need to look at this. Playing against a bunch of lvl 5-17 complete noobs who cant parry, but just stand there mashing ligh attack is soul crushing for such a cool skill based game. In the 4 reps ive put on ps4, I almost exclusively see rep 60+ players full lobbies, with one or two noobs (lvl5-10) up the top of the scoreboard with 20-0 kills. Disheartning. If you come across a decent PK, dont even bother. Zone attack, light spam ugh...

Other characters seem to be sitting on that fine line (valk, shinobi), and its a bit of a coin toss wether you will be able to react to them or not.

Please look at reworking these classes for console. Slow down their attacks so they are reactable. Buff thier damage etc if needs be.

TL;DR: Cant possibly react to PK on console, nerf their attack speed (possibly along with valk/ shinoobi to a much lesser extent), and give back a damage/stam buff if necessary.

Thoughts? any other console players on here feel the same? Cheers.

vgrimr_J
07-23-2017, 06:08 PM
you really think that they would balance fast light attack spammers just because of console? sadly thats not gonna happen.

Helnekromancer
07-23-2017, 06:41 PM
You just gotta get used to it man. I was the same way, I play For Honor on Xbox and been playing Nobushi ever since she came out and I was playing her when PK was really busted which was frankly the toughest meta in the game. Over time you just get used to it, figure out how you die and how to prevent it the next time, what the players patterns are and just trial and error until you know where they are going to attack next.

I used to get my *** kicked by Centurion over and over again but now I can take him out and parry his unblockables, I could never do that at first but i just kept on playing and over time got used to him.

Antonioj26
07-23-2017, 06:51 PM
You just gotta get used to it man. I was the same way, I play For Honor on Xbox and been playing Nobushi ever since she came out and I was playing her when PK was really busted which was frankly the toughest meta in the game. Over time you just get used to it, figure out how you die and how to prevent it the next time, what the players patterns are and just trial and error until you know where they are going to attack next.

I used to get my *** kicked by Centurion over and over again but now I can take him out and parry his unblockables, I could never do that at first but i just kept on playing and over time got used to him.

Pretty much what this guy said. It takes a bit of practice but I can reliable block 500ms lights on reaction and even parry pretty frequently. I personally think they are fine where they are and would hate for the game to run the same way it does on PC. I played a few rounds just out of curiousity and everything feels so clunky and slow. It's way too easy to turtle up.

watsonclan335u
07-23-2017, 07:00 PM
I've been on PS4 since release and I used to struggle miserably against PK and Valk lights until someone here suggested changing the resolution settings on the actual PS4 to 720. Also just as important is adjusting the dead zone on the controller options(mine seems best around 5 or so). These two adjustments helped my gameplay immeasurably. Hope this might help.

Lucifist666
07-24-2017, 12:12 AM
I gotta try this.

ChampionRuby50g
07-24-2017, 03:21 AM
Just started playing PK on Xbox, so don't have enough experience to give a balanced review on her but I'd say no at this stage. Whenever I choose to be grubby and spam lights, I'm rarely ever able to get away with just spamming to death as someone will eventually get block off. But no one has been able to parry any of my lights, which is why I disagree with the changes to Valk.

Because her lights on PC where fast as an almost impossible to react to (apparently) her 2nd light was slowed. I have a rep 16 Valk and only played her for one rep this season, just because she isn't as viable or strong anymore. Every game I play someone parrys one of my lights and that never used to happen. She is already super punishable if you know how to counter her sweep and bash, and now with slower lights and low damage she's a
Mid tier hero at best. Weakening her more will make her a low tier hero, and I don't think it's right IMO.

nufrancis
07-24-2017, 03:27 AM
Try baiting tactics and I recommend use hero with Hyper Armour traits. Kensei is good example. He is bad match up for PK.

Im a Kensei rep 8 and PK rep 7. Platform PS4

mrmistark
07-24-2017, 04:23 AM
Honestly I kind of agree. Even with the "same guard stance timing" change (which I think still isn't quite the same time across all the characters) by the time you can react and move your guard, even with great reaction timing to their feints, no matter how good you're still going to eat a light or two and not be quick enough to throw in a single attack or counter if you're playing any character slower than I'd say kensei, and that's only because his quick top light. I feel like against her you seriously have to rely on something like hyper armor, a shielded character or something that can trade favorably or stop the continuation of the chain.

Kaijudub
07-24-2017, 11:24 AM
Once chip damage comes in with the new attack meta, the quicker classes will be an utter nightmare on console. Play the "try and block" game and you'll get chipped to death, try to attack and you'll get deflected to death. Can't wait.

The problem you'll have is Ubi have no interest in adjusting the game differently for PC and Console. Personally I'd like to see a bigger stam usage on assassin light attacks console wise.

Gray360UK
07-24-2017, 01:43 PM
The problem with PK is that they nerfed almost every single other thing she can do on the road to nerfing her Light Attack spam, which was the real problem all along, and they still never really did anything about her Lights.

As a PK main I am embarrassed at the damage done by a SideStep Strike or a Dashing Lunge. They were nerfed for God knows what reason while Light spam was left alone. They nerfed recovery time on block, bleed damage, Zone Attack cancel. They ripped her apart trying to fix the one thing they never fixed. I will still never understand what they were doing. It's like they tried fixing a hard drive in a PC by changing the graphics card and the CPU and the Power Supply. If they ever do something about her Lights, I want all those other things put back first.

As someone above said, she is mid tier hero at best now, with one trick up her sleeve. If you die to one now it's not because they have a default OP setting anymore by any means.

Alustar.
07-24-2017, 02:26 PM
The problem with PK is that they nerfed almost every single other thing she can do on the road to nerfing her Light Attack spam, which was the real problem all along, and they still never really did anything about her Lights.

As a PK main I am embarrassed at the damage done by a SideStep Strike or a Dashing Lunge. They were nerfed for God knows what reason while Light spam was left alone. They nerfed recovery time on block, bleed damage, Zone Attack cancel. They ripped her apart trying to fix the one thing they never fixed. I will still never understand what they were doing. It's like they tried fixing a hard drive in a PC by changing the graphics card and the CPU and the Power Supply. If they ever do something about her Lights, I want all those other things put back first.

As someone above said, she is mid tier hero at best now, with one trick up her sleeve. If you die to one now it's not because they have a default OP setting anymore by any means.

It's funny that with as heavily as they nerfed her sidestep strike I still get people falling victim to it repeatedly with a series of telegraphed strikes that are easy to dodge.
Couple that with the fact that on console I hardly see any other PKs (PS4) and it makes me think that this is more an issue of you running into a better player.

Antonioj26
07-24-2017, 02:27 PM
Once chip damage comes in with the new attack meta, the quicker classes will be an utter nightmare on console. Play the "try and block" game and you'll get chipped to death, try to attack and you'll get deflected to death. Can't wait.

The problem you'll have is Ubi have no interest in adjusting the game differently for PC and Console. Personally I'd like to see a bigger stam usage on assassin light attacks console wise.

I think people are overestimating how useful chip is going to be. The highest damage light is roachs at 31 damage so even if you are blocking this it's only 5.5 damage. You'll need around 20 of those to kill most of the cast and closer to 25 to kill the heavies. It'll definitely help but it's not going to break assassins especially when you consider the way oos is going to work. They also won't be able to use their main method of defense without taking a pause to their stamina in any state making it easier to get them oos.

Antonioj26
07-24-2017, 02:30 PM
It's funny that with as heavily as they nerfed her sidestep strike I still get people falling victim to it repeatedly with a series of telegraphed strikes that are easy to dodge.
Couple that with the fact that on console I hardly see any other PKs (PS4) and it makes me think that this is more an issue of you running into a better player.

Oh hell yeah, welcome back!

Gray360UK
07-24-2017, 02:32 PM
it makes me think that this is more an issue of you running into a better player.

I very nearly wrote that sentence myself :)

In the early days beating someone as a PK never earned you any credit because it was automatically assumed you only won because you were playing PK. Now it has a lot more to do with the player and the old 'good because PK' has been replaced with 'good because good' as far as I am concerned.

Alustar.
07-24-2017, 03:35 PM
Oh hell yeah, welcome back!

Lol yoh!

I very nearly wrote that sentence myself :)

In the early days beating someone as a PK never earned you any credit because it was automatically assumed you only won because you were playing PK. Now it has a lot more to do with the player and the old 'good because PK' has been replaced with 'good because good' as far as I am concerned.

That's where I'm at too. I took a break after season 2 and after coming back I fell right back into my PK and cleared a match with a very satisfying win, however I do feel the difference. In ways it's better, the movements feel less lag induced and more fluid, albeit I don't feel as though I'm looked at as a threat like I was before.

Which is better I guess. It means I don't get focused "cause PK", instead i don't start to get team jacked till I've cleared their roster once or twice.

RatedChaotic
07-24-2017, 03:38 PM
Eat the first light and punish the second. Its what I do. Makes it easier. Welcome to console.

guffffff
07-24-2017, 03:39 PM
The problem with the PK spam is that you find yourself stood there toe-to-toe waiting for them to strike just so you can block it and doing little else; "gonna block you sucka! DOH, this time gonna block it... dam! go on do it again gonna block it this...gah! again, again!! its hypnotic, you need to ... move away!

SerArthur-Dayne
07-24-2017, 08:21 PM
@gray360uk

You first post on this page, that's my thoughts exactly! I'm not against Pk receiving buffs (even big ones) into the areas you mentioned, but it's like a total 50/50 atm weather I'll get someone who's lag outweighs the necessary hunman reaction time needed to block the lights.

Rikuto01.tv
07-24-2017, 08:34 PM
Played 30 or so reps on the PC, but its hard to find a game, so I picked it up on ps4 (which was an easy move, as I use a ps4 controller on PC anyway). Peacekeeper is an absolute plague on console. You simply cant react to her moves, just stand there and cop lights in the face until you respawn.

Have my ps4 plugged into a high end PC monitor (virtually 0 input lag), Have a wired broadband connection, wired controller connection (not sure if that one helps much), tested my reaction time (well above average), and have a lot of experience playing against PK's, and know her moveset inside out. Cant be done.

Seriously, I think the devs need to look at this. Playing against a bunch of lvl 5-17 complete noobs who cant parry, but just stand there mashing ligh attack is soul crushing for such a cool skill based game. In the 4 reps ive put on ps4, I almost exclusively see rep 60+ players full lobbies, with one or two noobs (lvl5-10) up the top of the scoreboard with 20-0 kills. Disheartning. If you come across a decent PK, dont even bother. Zone attack, light spam ugh...

Other characters seem to be sitting on that fine line (valk, shinobi), and its a bit of a coin toss wether you will be able to react to them or not.

Please look at reworking these classes for console. Slow down their attacks so they are reactable. Buff thier damage etc if needs be.

TL;DR: Cant possibly react to PK on console, nerf their attack speed (possibly along with valk/ shinoobi to a much lesser extent), and give back a damage/stam buff if necessary.

Thoughts? any other console players on here feel the same? Cheers.

Reacting to everything is what made your game bad in the first place.

Learn to play the spacing game against characters like PK. They have to commit within a certain range to specific attacks and you don't need to guess at all when they do.

Alustar.
07-25-2017, 09:21 PM
@gray360uk

You first post on this page, that's my thoughts exactly! I'm not against Pk receiving buffs (even big ones) into the areas you mentioned, but it's like a total 50/50 atm weather I'll get someone who's lag outweighs the necessary hunman reaction time needed to block the lights.

The problem is if they went and buffed up the PK at all there would be so many players that would lose their **** over it, is actually love to see it happen though.