PDA

View Full Version : Peacekeeper zone cancel into gb

LegateHawk
07-23-2017, 10:55 AM
i was supposed to send this gameplay to ubisoft support but the file size was too big so i decided to post this here i don't know if anyone else has this issue or if this is intented to work this way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8bildCpUo&feature=youtu.be

Crackatawa96
07-23-2017, 03:16 PM
I was having this problem on valkyrie as well. From what I can tell, something during the last patch added an effect to zone gb cancels. You can still do them, but now there are just a few frames where you have to wait before you can do a gb, it's barely noticeable.

Rikuto01.tv
07-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Its an unintended consequence of time snap being disabled. Normally in almost all instances, "fast" attacks were slowed down to synchronize with the rest of the games actions. When you hit a person with the zone, they are in stun and you cannot GB a person in stun. Previously, however, the GB was slowed down due to time snap so it would connect after the stun had ended.

The fix for this is a simple one, ubisoft just needs to shorten the stun duration on the zone attack.

Baggin_
07-23-2017, 04:39 PM
i was supposed to send this gameplay to ubisoft support but the file size was too big so i decided to post this here i don't know if anyone else has this issue or if this is intented to work this way.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mt8bildCpUo&feature=youtu.be

Imo you shouldn't be able to cancel PKs' zone anyways.

Antonioj26
07-23-2017, 06:53 PM
Imo you shouldn't be able to cancel PKs' zone anyways.

It'll be useless then. The damage isn't worth the free parry.

Baggin_
07-23-2017, 06:57 PM

So increase the damage a little bit to compensate.

Antonioj26
07-23-2017, 07:28 PM
So increase the damage a little bit to compensate.

Still not worth it especially with the parry changes coming. Being OOS will be a death sentence for assassins.

UbiInsulin
07-23-2017, 08:31 PM
Hi all, thanks for reporting this to us! I'll be sending this along.

Zwerqi
07-25-2017, 03:48 PM
I agree. PK Zone should NOT be able to cancel! it's way too fast and there are other classes like the shinobi who can't cancel zone.. its exactly the same dmg and exactly as easy to parry but pk can cancel .... ffs

Antonioj26
07-25-2017, 05:13 PM
I agree. PK Zone should NOT be able to cancel! it's way too fast and there are other classes like the shinobi who can't cancel zone.. its exactly the same dmg and exactly as easy to parry but pk can cancel .... ffs

Then it becomes useless and makes it so her only viable tool is light spam

Alustar.
07-25-2017, 05:20 PM
Then it becomes useless and makes it so her only viable tool is light spam

He's right, Antonio was the one who proved for me that this "defensive meta" is a thing. In our matches he blocked over 70% of my attacks, light or not. If I didn't have a cancelable zone attack I'd have very little else.

If you're a good player, against a PK, you keep your guard left in case of zone. Learn and adapt people.

Antonioj26
07-25-2017, 05:25 PM
He's right, Antonio was the one who proved for me that this "defensive meta" is a thing. In our matches he blocked over 70% of my attacks, light or not. If I didn't have a cancelable zone attack I'd have very little else.

If you're a good player, against a PK, you keep your guard left in case of zone. Learn and adapt people.

Yeah without zone flicker it'll be a ton more manageable and if you were fighting against someone who didn't use it in the first place than it's a completely fair attack. I've never felt cheated by getting hit by an unflickered zone

kweassa1
07-25-2017, 05:56 PM
Honestly I'm not even sure why this is supposed to be a problem.

(1) When using it from an immediate cancel-GB into one flow, as you've seen the PK fail again and again in the video, the hit recovery of the target prevents the GB from connecting.
(2) When the ZA 1st attack is blocked, it doesn't activate
(3) When you slow down a little bit so it doesn't fail (as described in 1), timing wise it's very similar to the PK's normal Heavy-into-GB, and people CGB that plenty.
(4) When you manage your distance so the ZA 1st attack whiffs, due to the PK having arms like a T-rex, GB misses.

...so the only time it actually does connect well is when;

(a) When your opponent is a newbie and can't CGB stuff like PK or Cent's heavy-GB
(b) When you whiff your ZA 1st attack and at that moment someone walks into you

I'd agree that it's a problem if the ZA1-GB connected like a single combo, or if ZA1 whiff-GB had a reach long enough to GB someone most of the times... but as it is its sort of a useless glitch with no real practical applications other than just showing to someone it exists. As it is, if you use it like in the video the GB is a 100% failure, and it only works when you slow the GB activation -- in which case its no different from a heavy-GB, so within boundaries of normal reaction times to CGB.

So fix it. Sure, why not.

It's not like any real PK master is going to miss it or something.

Alustar.
07-25-2017, 06:55 PM
Honestly I'm not even sure why this is supposed to be a problem.

(1) When using it from an immediate cancel-GB into one flow, as you've seen the PK fail again and again in the video, the hit recovery of the target prevents the GB from connecting.
(2) When the ZA 1st attack is blocked, it doesn't activate
(3) When you slow down a little bit so it doesn't fail (as described in 1), timing wise it's very similar to the PK's normal Heavy-into-GB, and people CGB that plenty.
(4) When you manage your distance so the ZA 1st attack whiffs, due to the PK having arms like a T-rex, GB misses.

...so the only time it actually does connect well is when;

(a) When your opponent is a newbie and can't CGB stuff like PK or Cent's heavy-GB
(b) When you whiff your ZA 1st attack and at that moment someone walks into you

I'd agree that it's a problem if the ZA1-GB connected like a single combo, or if ZA1 whiff-GB had a reach long enough to GB someone most of the times... but as it is its sort of a useless glitch with no real practical applications other than just showing to someone it exists. As it is, if you use it like in the video the GB is a 100% failure, and it only works when you slow the GB activation -- in which case its no different from a heavy-GB, so within boundaries of normal reaction times to CGB.

So fix it. Sure, why not.

It's not like any real PK master is going to miss it or something.

This, even with a canceled zone attack I still rely more heavily on my dodge stabs, heavy-bleeds, and GBstab-throw combos.

For being an assassin class the PK has one of the most straight forward and easily picked apart fighting styles.

nufrancis
07-26-2017, 02:40 AM
PK rep 7 here.

I just knew about this move several weeks ago. I believe PK user rarely use this move because of high stamina usage (around 75% stamina drain). So far since March I only met 1 PK user who use this move. Im on PS4 platform.