PDA

View Full Version : Allied ammo counting? Not today!!

WUAF_Co_Hero
01-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Hey all, i thought i'd just share a nifty little trick i've found out. It's nothing new, but possibly something some don't know about. So here goes:

Probobly all of you know that you can type
">user STAT" into your chat box, to pop up a list of all the pilot's in the server's stats.

What some of you may not know, is that this tool also lets you effectively know how much ammo you have left in allied planes (ie: P-47). I'll explain::

I was flying in a game today, and numerous times to test my theory, I sat on the deck, held the trigger down, then check how many shot's i'd fired. Then i would leave, and rejoin to check again. As it happens: The P-47 D-10 has 3400 rounds of .50 cal. ammo (with extra ammo loadout). That means, that if you're flying a match (this will not likely work in public servers, unless it's your first flight), you can type ">user STAT" after you take a pass, and see how many shots you've fired. Thus, you can see how many you have left.

So, for example: if you just took out a 109, and want to know if you have enough left to go engage another contact in the area: Check your ammo shot. You go to check, and you used 1500rnds shooting down the 109 (you're a bad shot http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). Then you know that you have 2400 rnds left to kill the other guy with.. GO for it!

Also, I imagine if someone were to take a stopwatch, they could find out roughly how many shots you fire / second. And use that to their advantage as well.

Again: This will only work on your first plane, unless you have a calculator and a pen to do some subtraction for your next sortie.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hope this helps some of ya. S!!

Build a man a fire, keep him warm for a day...

Set a man on fire, keep him warm for the rest of his life.

WUAF_Co_Hero
01-20-2004, 05:14 AM
Hey all, i thought i'd just share a nifty little trick i've found out. It's nothing new, but possibly something some don't know about. So here goes:

Probobly all of you know that you can type
">user STAT" into your chat box, to pop up a list of all the pilot's in the server's stats.

What some of you may not know, is that this tool also lets you effectively know how much ammo you have left in allied planes (ie: P-47). I'll explain::

I was flying in a game today, and numerous times to test my theory, I sat on the deck, held the trigger down, then check how many shot's i'd fired. Then i would leave, and rejoin to check again. As it happens: The P-47 D-10 has 3400 rounds of .50 cal. ammo (with extra ammo loadout). That means, that if you're flying a match (this will not likely work in public servers, unless it's your first flight), you can type ">user STAT" after you take a pass, and see how many shots you've fired. Thus, you can see how many you have left.

So, for example: if you just took out a 109, and want to know if you have enough left to go engage another contact in the area: Check your ammo shot. You go to check, and you used 1500rnds shooting down the 109 (you're a bad shot http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif ). Then you know that you have 2400 rnds left to kill the other guy with.. GO for it!

Also, I imagine if someone were to take a stopwatch, they could find out roughly how many shots you fire / second. And use that to their advantage as well.

Again: This will only work on your first plane, unless you have a calculator and a pen to do some subtraction for your next sortie.. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Hope this helps some of ya. S!!

ElfunkoI
01-20-2004, 07:13 AM
You could just know how many seconds of ammo you have roughly and go from there.

Hurricane Mk1 if anything like another game has 16 seconds.

WUAF_Co_Hero
01-20-2004, 08:04 AM
That's not the point though: Of course you can count ammo like it was done.. but most people don't count actual seconds (and most not even close.. esp. when you have to count and squeeze the trigger simultaneously..).

This is just a surefire way to know when you're low if you're in a serious 1v1 or something like that.