PDA

View Full Version : 80% W/R Raider (before buff) Honest thoughts about the last buff

AzureSky.
07-22-2017, 10:59 PM
First of all im writing this post because theres new people that are complaining about things that didnt get buffed and were fine (soft feint of raider, or the really predictable zone into stunning tap)

So back on the topic, It wasnt really needed, yeah the running charge tracking was broken before, thanks for that, but we dont need the reduced charge times, it was mostly used in 4vs4 to help a teammate that was doing a 1vs1 (and after that he gets a free hit when you do the knee attack in a wall) it was similar to lawbringer shove without blocking (dash + gb) you cant really use that move in 1vs1 since its very easy to dodge and counter, but in 4vs4 its really helpfull, the same applied to raider running charge.

In other words i think it would be best to do the following changes:

700 ms charge (before the buff) - 500 ms charge (live version) - 625 (new version)

take in mind warlord headbutt is 500 ms and not a lot of people dodge or parry 500 ms moves, i also think warlord headbutt should be 600 ms with a increased damage in the stab or stamina damage (to compensate and balance, more risk and more reward) since right now its pretty safe.

UbiNoty
07-23-2017, 12:06 AM
Just in case you weren't aware. In 1.09.01 (https://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-us/news-community/152-296566-16/live-update-v10901) (the live update that was pushed together with 1.09 on console) we somewhat nerfed his charge by delaying the stampede charge min. connection time to 300ms - as opposed to straight up nerfing his startup duration on the charge.

If you feel that the delay on the connection time isn't a helpful solution to the buffed charge startup, then please let us know why you think so. And I'll pass along the WL headbutt suggestion.

kweassa1
07-23-2017, 02:38 AM
First of all im writing this post because theres new people that are complaining about things that didnt get buffed and were fine (soft feint of raider, or the really predictable zone into stunning tap)

So back on the topic, It wasnt really needed, yeah the running charge tracking was broken before, thanks for that, but we dont need the reduced charge times, it was mostly used in 4vs4 to help a teammate that was doing a 1vs1 (and after that he gets a free hit when you do the knee attack in a wall) it was similar to lawbringer shove without blocking (dash + gb) you cant really use that move in 1vs1 since its very easy to dodge and counter, but in 4vs4 its really helpfull, the same applied to raider running charge.

In other words i think it would be best to do the following changes:

700 ms charge (before the buff) - 500 ms charge (live version) - 625 (new version)

take in mind warlord headbutt is 500 ms and not a lot of people dodge or parry 500 ms moves, i also think warlord headbutt should be 600 ms with a increased damage in the stab or stamina damage (to compensate and balance, more risk and more reward) since right now its pretty safe.

First, I'll make it clear I'm not complaining about the Raider. I really don't think its much of a problem even now.

That being said, I feel your solution will just gut it back down to uselessness. Rather, the solution I've suggested some time back was -- a certain distance required to be sprinted without abrupt direction changes as a condition to be able to use ANY similar sprint-skills.

Back before when people didn't know they could simply guard it, the Lawbs also used to do the same with their gut-spear. They still do the exact same thing these days in dominion when ganking someone. Drive the gut-spear, let others gank, disengage and run in small circle and then gut-spearing again. Shugokis used to do the same thing when their OniC knocked people down on default... same with Warlord. Exact same with Conq sprinting shieldbash as well.

Conceptually speaking, a sprint-charge move is like, someone running up and slamming into the other guy at full force, which takes time to build up the momentum. You shouldn't be able to just charge someone into a wall, disengage and wiggle around in a small circle and then slam back into him in like 3 seconds. I

watsonclan335u
07-23-2017, 02:52 AM
Raider main here as well and on PS4, the timing on the charge seems pretty good. I have yet to see anyone cheering the move as it's still pretty inconsistent with actually hooking up with a target, plus it still seems pretty easy to dodge for my opponents. So overall I'd say it was a reasonable, mild buff. If it's too fast after some time passes, then look at changes in the future maybe.

watsonclan335u
07-23-2017, 07:12 PM
Cheesing* not cheering

Lyskir
07-23-2017, 07:22 PM
Raider main here as well and on PS4, the timing on the charge seems pretty good. I have yet to see anyone cheering the move as it's still pretty inconsistent with actually hooking up with a target, plus it still seems pretty easy to dodge for my opponents. So overall I'd say it was a reasonable, mild buff. If it's too fast after some time passes, then look at changes in the future maybe.

yeah i dont even bother with stampede, its getting dodge pretty good so in 1v1 its useless against good players

in 4v4 its good but ur putting urself in danger when use it in a group fight, u cant defend urself for the whole animation so it has good and bad sides

all those streamer swiched from raider to other heroes allready cause its not op anymore