PDA

View Full Version : Berserker GB > Everything Else?

SikanderAzam
07-21-2017, 08:58 PM
Hey guys, I came back to check out 1.09 for a couple days. IDK If it's because I switched to warlord or that they disabled "time lock" or time whatever it was, but the game somehow seems a bit smoother.

But I can't get over how everyone always complains that berserker is so weak and has no toolset... Berserker has always been probably top 3 difficult heroes for me to kill, because it seems like their GB has a 100% chance to land. They've got their followup "mini-GB" that is truly unblockable and acknowledged to be so, but I can't EVER counter even their normal GBs. Further, if they GB when I throw a heavy, their GB stop the heavy and lands. I still don't really understand the dynamic of GB going through heavy if the heavy is just starting up, it seems random to me (I once had my heavy startup stopped by an exhausted opponent's GB, and in the same game against the same opponent had that person later use a heavy while exhausted to stop my GB. W/E!) But with berserkers it seems less random and more like an almost guaranteed successful GB against really anything starting up within a very wide window.

Is there a way to counter this? I feel like everyone talking about zerker being lame and weak, I must be missing something because I just can't touch this guy. GB after GB with near 100% success rate and a side dodge into GB/heavy makes them virtually untouchable to me. It's like I'm fighting with my hands tied.

P.S. Warlord is badass, I regret not trying other heroes earlier. Although his throw + environment is gamebreakingly nuts... cliffs and spikes are part of warlord's extended family.

DeLatv
07-21-2017, 10:07 PM
I could sit and defend for 10 mins, and i doubt u would get a hit on me. I wouldnt need even to move, i could just sit and block everything.

How is berserker any good?

SikanderAzam
07-21-2017, 10:18 PM
I could sit and defend for 10 mins, and i doubt u would get a hit on me. I wouldnt need even to move, i could just sit and block everything.

How is berserker any good?

I don't understand your response.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 10:20 PM
I don't understand your response.

He's saying a berserker can't crack him open if he decided to only turtle. All you have to do is just block and cgb, zerks timing is no different than anyone else's

SikanderAzam
07-21-2017, 10:30 PM
He's saying a berserker can't crack him open if he decided to only turtle. All you have to do is just block and cgb, zerks timing is no different than anyone else's

If he just spammed his attacks. The question of the thread was about his GB. I find it really hard to buy that his timing is the same as everyone else when I don't have trouble CGB anyone else. Maybe I'm just insane, but that's pretty strange that one hero for no reason is harder for me to CGB than everyone else, particularly when I know that it's coming because zerker has to spam it since he has no other way to crack a turtle.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 10:33 PM
If he just spammed his attacks. The question of the thread was about his GB. I find it really hard to buy that his timing is the same as everyone else when I don't have trouble CGB anyone else. Maybe I'm just insane, but that's pretty strange that one hero for no reason is harder for me to CGB than everyone else, particularly when I know that it's coming because zerker has to spam it since he has no other way to crack a turtle.

It's the same, 400ms across the board for the actual gb, I don't remember the exact amount of time you have to cgb but it's still no different no matter who you use

SikanderAzam
07-21-2017, 10:38 PM
It's the same, 400ms across the board for the actual gb, I don't remember the exact amount of time you have to cgb but it's still no different no matter who you use

And same with GB'ing through heavies? If that's the figure then I must be mistaken. It just strikes me as odd.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 10:50 PM
And same with GB'ing through heavies? If that's the figure then I must be mistaken. It just strikes me as odd.

Yes but that's pretty much going away with the new changes as long as they go through. You'll only have 100ms, barely enough for even a prediction, just dumb luck.

SikanderAzam
07-21-2017, 11:12 PM
Yes but that's pretty much going away with the new changes as long as they go through. You'll only have 100ms, barely enough for even a prediction, just dumb luck.

I guess I was just psyching myself out about it then. Fair enough.

Moondyne_MC
07-22-2017, 02:43 AM
The issue you're having OP, is that the Berserker has very short startup frames for his heavy attacks (as they are tied in to his infinite combo), and therefore the window to GB him out of a heavy is relatively small, and he can also cancel his own heavies in to GB's with much more smoothness than most. A Berserker with a good feint game is deadly when up against opponents who actually fight back, but as always, turtling trumps all.

If you come up against a feinting Berserker, you're either going to have to forego parrying unless 100% sure incase they feint to GB (which is the same as everyone else to CGB), or try and bait a spin chop out of them, which is uncancellable and very easy to parry.

SikanderAzam
07-22-2017, 09:13 PM
The issue you're having OP, is that the Berserker has very short startup frames for his heavy attacks (as they are tied in to his infinite combo), and therefore the window to GB him out of a heavy is relatively small, and he can also cancel his own heavies in to GB's with much more smoothness than most. A Berserker with a good feint game is deadly when up against opponents who actually fight back, but as always, turtling trumps all.

If you come up against a feinting Berserker, you're either going to have to forego parrying unless 100% sure incase they feint to GB (which is the same as everyone else to CGB), or try and bait a spin chop out of them, which is uncancellable and very easy to parry.

Very informative and neutral. Thank you.