PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with For Honor-See Solution

Archeun
07-21-2017, 08:43 PM
Solution is as follows. Feel free to use 1 or all 3 options.

1. Uninstall.
2. Stop playing the game.
3. Play another game.

For Honor at it's core, is a great concept with terrible mechanics. One issue is game-play itself. They will tweak one thing and it will make "insert class" more powerful over others. It's a constant back and forth. The game will eventually get into an acceptable state but that's likely a year or more away. The other issue is the Elite crowd who think they are amazing because they can press buttons better than you and the other is the crowd who constantly complains about every other thing in the game. I encourage individuals to use the disable chat feature. Rampant Trolling is never leaving this game. Hell, look at my name.

I've made peace with the game. I play and when I start getting pissed about something, I log off and do something productive. For Honor isn't life. For Honor is a game. If you think being able to win at it is impressive, it's really not. 900 years ago, For Honor ( at least a more real life version)was real. Those warriors mattered. If you were a warrior who was excellent, that skill mattered. You sitting in a chair pushing buttons to kill fictional characters on a screen doesn't. I see way to many extreme emotions from players on this game and it really isn't healthy. Every time something is announced, the community has a scream off who can complain the loudest. Centurion is OP, Warlord is OP, Nobushi is OP, Orochi is OP. Here is the hard truth. ANY CLASS in the hands of a player who knows how to use it and min/max it is dangerous. I've seen players use a Peacekeeper and get absolutely bent over and trashed. They switch classes to Warden and start killing everyone and their dog. Learn the class and you will become OP. Don't and you will be like most people, mediocre and average. That's one thing in games people don't like to be, Average but that's what most of us are, Average. That's OK. You don't need to use FH for your self esteem. If someone puts hundreds of hours into FH, good for them. If they can kill me in 2 or 3 hits, good for them. That doesn't impress me. Now, if they can put hundreds of hours into FH, go to work, pay their bills, raise 2 children (and by raising I mean spend time with them and develop them into intelligent, rational and productive members of society not handing them some food and saying go play video games) that's impressive but killing me in a video game.

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLLLL.

With the launch of Season 3, I fully expect to see characters released that are completely unbalanced and for 2-4 weeks after launch will destroy people and ruin player perception.

Literally, millions of other games are out there waiting to be played. Don't pigeon hole yourself into playing one thing. For Honor is a OK game. Someone else will develop another game that is similar but will learn form the mistakes. This game will be zombie land.

My point is simple and I've been guilty of it myself. Let's post more positive or productive posts on here. We need to draw in a larger player-base. If I was a new player and came onto the forums, I would run like hell away from this game because it's nothing but toxicity and *****ing.

Tillo.
07-21-2017, 09:02 PM
Yeah next time I buy a broken TV I will just unplug it and leave it in a corner. Why bother to ask for a working product ha?

Archeun
07-21-2017, 09:04 PM
The product isn't broken. Yes, some things are not working perfectly but I've found that most people complaining about the game being broken, suck at playing the game. I'm not judging you. I did the same thing. I took a rational look at the game and realized that after I started actively trying to improve, the game stopped sucking so much. What changed between a month ago and now? Did the game drastically shift or did I learn how to play my class more effectively?

T_Sesh
07-21-2017, 11:27 PM
Yeah next time I buy a broken TV I will just unplug it and leave it in a corner. Why bother to ask for a working product ha?

No, a rational person would take that broken TV and return it for a different one - not ***** on the forums about it every single day. There are problems with the game, we all get it, the devs get it, the mods get it. Most of these problems will be fixed in due time, others may not, and its your right as a consumer to stick around or not to see that through. But we could all do with a little less frothing at the mouth *****ing and moaning, screaming obscenities about the game most of us here do actually thoroughly enjoy in spite of its shortcomings. Criticism and feedback can be given in a reasoned, measured way without inflaming statements about the devs or otherwise. Any thing less is frankly childish.

Tillo.
07-22-2017, 04:16 AM
What if you contacted support and they refused to take back the broken TV and refused to give you your money back? That's what happened here.
@Tears. Have you ever seen me complain about matchmaking balance or hero balance? I have only complaint about the real game breaking issue which is connectivity. Game crashing has nothing to with getting good at the game.

EDG_Avocado
07-22-2017, 04:04 PM
broken product

sad.platypus
07-22-2017, 07:22 PM
PRODUCT ISNT BROKEN? I CAN FINISH LIKE 1/3 MATCHES!!! this is how it's supposed to be?