PDA

View Full Version : About the 1.3 million players...

SerArthur-Dayne
07-21-2017, 06:15 PM
I heard in the stream one of the Devs said there was 1.3 million unique players this month? Is this true!? Githype and steam charts show very few active players at a time.

I play on PC in sydney, and honestly is almost impossible to find a game most of the time in peak hours, and actually impossible to find a game outside of a small window each day. I would love to know if these figures were mostly on console at this point. As I love this game and want to play it, but the lack of players is honestly the biggest gripe alongside the connectivity.

Also, if any mods read this: If there happens to be way more players on say ps4, is there a way to move all my progress over/ share progress if I buy another copy of the game for it? Cheers

Another question, will there be another gearscore tier with season 3? thanks

Draghmar
07-21-2017, 06:57 PM
Yeah, but first of all we don't know what exactly they put into those 1.3mln. For example if they included pirated versions just to boost the number. But taking that aside...SteamCarsts and GitHyp gives you number of players playing per hour. Take this 1.3mln that was in June and do a little math: 1300000 / 30 / 24 ~= 1800 players/hour. For all three platforms. If we assume that console have greater number then dividing on three of them gives as (estimation): 400 for PC and 600 for each of the console unique players per hour.

T_Sesh
07-21-2017, 08:03 PM
Githyp only pulls steam user numbers, which are much lower than console players in general. PC player counts, by their very nature will always be lower compared to console players in pretty much any multiplayer game. Being in Australia makes the number of available players to you even lower unfortunately, and there's not much you can do about that. Daily console player counts are generally in the tens of thousands compared to PCs 3-4 thousand for just about any given multiplayer game, and I imagine that goes for this one as well. As for that 1.3 million number, I imagine thats combined across all platforms, and many are likely from things like Red Box rentals if I had to guess. I doubt they could include pirated copies in that number, as they likely do not have any data to show how many have been pirated, nor could those players likely connect to Ubisoft servers to begin with.

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer player data from PC to PS4 if you were to switch - the mods have addressed that at some point.

cragar212
07-21-2017, 09:31 PM
Normally gaming companies report DAU (Daily active users). They didn't go with this standard industry measuring tool for some reason. Who knows though.

Its like asking the gas mileage of a make of car and the manufacturer replies it get 400 km to a tank of gas.

Jarl.Felix
07-22-2017, 12:29 AM
[QUOTE=Tnigz;12778522. Daily console player counts are generally in the tens of thousands compared to PCs 3-4 thousand for just about any given multiplayer game[/QUOTE]

Any given multiplayer game ? What ? If you talk about FH ofcourse. Otherwise dude, you don't know nothing.

And let's face it : Eric went "Trump style" yelling " Fake news, fake news" only to say sorry next stream. OF COURSE they added the 1.3 million stuff just to compensate their idiotic move...

UbiJurassic
07-22-2017, 12:33 AM
Also, if any mods read this: If there happens to be way more players on say ps4, is there a way to move all my progress over/ share progress if I buy another copy of the game for it? Cheers

Unfortunately, there is no way to move progress in the game between platforms. If you choose to play For Honor on another platform, you will have to start fresh.

As for gearscore in Season 3, we don't have any information to share on that currently. If that information becomes available, we'll be sure to notify players.

SerArthur-Dayne
07-22-2017, 10:19 AM
Thanks for the response. Noticed the standard edition is on sale on ps4, so I think ill pick it up! Cheers

EDG_Avocado
07-22-2017, 04:07 PM
I doubt the game has over 3k players per hr on PC.

Yoshimitsu_440
07-22-2017, 05:30 PM
I heard in the stream one of the Devs said there was 1.3 million unique players this month? Is this true!? Githype and steam charts show very few active players at a time.

I play on PC in sydney, and honestly is almost impossible to find a game most of the time in peak hours, and actually impossible to find a game outside of a small window each day. I would love to know if these figures were mostly on console at this point. As I love this game and want to play it, but the lack of players is honestly the biggest gripe alongside the connectivity.

You know this game is dead when Sims 4 on twitch has more viewers than for honor, I personally would like this dev team to stop feeding us bunch of crap. 1.3 million my ***.

IMMA_MAILGEYMER
07-22-2017, 09:20 PM

Big LOL. Do you guys remember the guy who recently left the for honor team? the one that said during a twitch stream "MILLIONS of viewers" when the view count was barely at 1000. I don't believe one bit that there are 1.3m of ACTIVE players, maybe that's the total amount of ppl owning for honor.

EDG_Avocado
07-22-2017, 10:36 PM
For Honor beta showed promise. That's probably why it has 1.3m players. But they ****ed up

Bob__Gnarly
07-24-2017, 01:15 AM
Marketing BS.

Ask them to show how they got that figure, you'll be met by complete silence.

mammakamelen
07-24-2017, 08:09 AM
The game is dead on PC.

DaLast_Samurai
07-24-2017, 08:30 AM
I see the same players a lot.
I have to believe that if it was even close to that at all, it would be a Christmas miracle to see the same player twice in month.

I've seen the same players multiple times in a week.

And I very much doubt it's due to any kind of regional grouping.

Kaijudub
07-24-2017, 11:15 AM
I see the same players a lot.
I have to believe that if it was even close to that at all, it would be a Christmas miracle to see the same player twice in month.

I've seen the same players multiple times in a week.

And I very much doubt it's due to any kind of regional grouping.

PS4 here, uk based.

This last couple weeks my received hate mail has turned to messages of "WOW are we the only two people dueling"? Yesterday i duelled the same person 7 times in a row, after backing out and re-queing each time.

DaLast_Samurai
07-24-2017, 11:26 AM
Oh yeah, PS4 here too.

And I have gotten the same players in duels many times as well.

But what I was referring to before was dominion mode.
I see names I recognize from earlier in the day, or yesterday, or a few days ago.

And that's just the names I remember seeing.
I'm sure there's plenty I don't notice.

Yeah, they aren't fooling anyone, lol.

mammakamelen
07-24-2017, 11:42 AM
Were down to 450 players total in game over the world on PC. FOr a peer to peer multiplayer system, that is well below "playable". SO on PC the game is dead, it might still be people playing on console, but the numbers they are giving are pure bs.

RatedChaotic
07-24-2017, 05:12 PM
Ya they kinda failed with their lie by throwing mmo numbers out there. I might have believed a few hundred thousand at most. But 1.3 million in June alone was simply a made up number or based on bs stats.

I dont think our matchmaking would move out of our regions if those numbers were true. And players wouldnt be seeing the same players over and over.

Gray360UK
07-24-2017, 05:54 PM
I know when I used to look at the active playerbase for Battlefield 1, which I played for about 5 months before For Honor came out, the figures were around 50,000 for PC, 150,000 for Xbox One and 200,000 for PS4. That's a total of 400,000. I don't know what the 1.3 million in For Honor is supposed to represent, but it can't be active players, because there is no way For Honor is 3x more successful than Battlefield 1.

kweassa1
07-24-2017, 08:38 PM
I know when I used to look at the active playerbase for Battlefield 1, which I played for about 5 months before For Honor came out, the figures were around 50,000 for PC, 150,000 for Xbox One and 200,000 for PS4. That's a total of 400,000. I don't know what the 1.3 million in For Honor is supposed to represent, but it can't be active players, because there is no way For Honor is 3x more successful than Battlefield 1.

My guess? Total sum of individual log in counts... as in, it doesn't mean 1.3 million people different individuals , but 1.3 mil across all accounts that logged in for a total sum, but not counting same people logging in multiple times during a single day and only counting that as one.

So if we assume a 1 : 5 : 8 ratio of players between PC, PS4 and Xbox (just theoretical assumption) the PC would have had about 93,000 log ins during the course of 30 days -- 3,100 log-ins per day... which roughly matches steam chart numbers a month ago. Using the same assumption, PS4 would have about 15,500 players peak time, and 24,800 for Xbox.

Sum it up and (with this assumption) the total number of really active players would be around 43,400.

Jarl.Felix
07-24-2017, 09:20 PM
I find it so amuzing when they clearly lied to us even knowing we're not going to believe that bs.