PDA

View Full Version : new patch: great for pc, HORRIBLE for console.

mrmistark
07-21-2017, 06:06 AM
Seriously though. Changes to parry and oos are HORRIBLE. No offense to pc gamers, but there are wayyy less of you than just one console let alone both systems combined. Your turtle meta didn't exist in our platform because fps didn't allow it to. A light attack is literally unpariable 9/10, so heavies are what we parry. What happens to LB? His whole basis is gone. What about characters like kensei that you are making even MORE useless. All you did was give centurion another buff, as 2 hits from him is basically oos. Seriously, I've been asking you all to handle this situation carefully, but this BETTER pan out to be decent. The game was literally perfect with this last patch, pending very minor balancing to some characters and the connection of course, maybe a couple of bugs here and there, nothing crazy. I will wait to see how this update looks, but as it stand right now it looks like you're about to destroy the game on console.

Antonioj26
07-21-2017, 07:54 AM
Seriously though. Changes to parry and oos are HORRIBLE. No offense to pc gamers, but there are wayyy less of you than just one console let alone both systems combined. Your turtle meta didn't exist in our platform because fps didn't allow it to. A light attack is literally unpariable 9/10, so heavies are what we parry. What happens to LB? His whole basis is gone. What about characters like kensei that you are making even MORE useless. All you did was give centurion another buff, as 2 hits from him is basically oos. Seriously, I've been asking you all to handle this situation carefully, but this BETTER pan out to be decent. The game was literally perfect with this last patch, pending very minor balancing to some characters and the connection of course, maybe a couple of bugs here and there, nothing crazy. I will wait to see how this update looks, but as it stand right now it looks like you're about to destroy the game on console.

lights are far from unparriable on console. Yes its harder than PC but they are reactable. The game was so far from being perfect with the last patch, the balancing issues remained unchanged and the best characters stayed the best while the worst stayed the worst with the one exception being raider. Give it time and reserve judgement, besides if you werent parrying lights before than how exactly does nerfing parries hurt you? Not sure what you mean by lawbringers whole basis is gone, his parry punishes will still work under the new system except for ad mortem but that only worked for lights anyway (which you just said are impossible to parry so again no loss for you.)

How is kensei more useless? His light attacks were amongst the easiest to parry so now he can throw these out with a little more safety. Yes centurion will almost certainly need some work after these changes but the revamp needed to happen as a whole and making adjustments for one character would be easier than revamping the entire cast individually.

Tyrjo
07-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Just to be clear here:

The "defensive meta" changes they discussed on the Warriors Den are designated for the public test for evaluation.. That is not the same as being definitely introduced in a future patch. Some of the changes on the test server may be toned down, put on hold, or all together scrapped.

PDXGorechild
07-21-2017, 12:34 PM
I feel the turtle meta, although more prevalent on PC than console, is still a major problem on all platforms.

Draghmar
07-21-2017, 01:14 PM
SNo offense to pc gamers, but there are wayyy less of you than just one console let alone both systems combined.
No offense taken but tell me how did you manage to estimate this? I'm genuine interested in this.

mrmistark
07-21-2017, 04:14 PM
No offense taken but tell me how did you manage to estimate this? I'm genuine interested in this.

Because if you actually look into it when it first came out pc had less than 50,000 sales, 54% of this was through steam (I know this because multiple sites ranted that despite other sources very good prices a ton of people still just bought it on steam). We know steam lost over 94% of its base. That took over 25,000 of your players. When it came out PS4 alone sold over 700,000 copies. Regardless of how much player base stayed or left, it's safe to say on PS4 alone, by reasonable inference has a bigger player base. But adding Xbox and PS4 together it's hard to argue other wise.

And I deifately was not happy at first even though I did understand that it wasn't final. Though oos undeniably is a death sentence. With no parry and pausing to stamina regeneration if you try to block or dodge leaves an easy win for those with unblockables. With centurion, he already puts you oos so easily, all he has to do is keep his good and ub charged heavy to be able to stam punish over and over.

What I didn't think about initially is that the chip and pause to stam regen makes characters like zerker, valk, nobushi and shugoki way more formidable. Though with vanguards and assassins are going to have to learn a whole new way to play as vanguards (well, Warden and kensei) try to bait parrys as a big part of their game, with Warden still having crushing counter blow he's still very strong "parry wise" so to speak which left me to really just kensei being very outclassed yet again, which I hope the chip damage will do justice for (his heavies are very predictable though). The assassins will just have to learn how to fight again with stam pause on dodge to make sure they don't oos.

We will see how it pans out but I'm seriously very nervous. To be fair it could just be one of those crazy enough it works things. Honestly though with the patch comes many bugs. I hope you all are ready. That's really another big part of my initial saltiness if I'm being transparent, cause 1.09 hit console yesterday and it literally gave me the most fun on for honor and best matches I've ever had on the game consistently since I've been playing in the beta. I really hope at least this next update will fix connectivity and purposeful D.C. Loops by other players to crash the game. Cause 4v4 is impossible to complete.