PDA

View Full Version : PS4 Pro enhanced graphics + color feedback in patch 1.09

Sykoink
07-20-2017, 11:49 PM
I haven't seen anyone really talk about it yet and i really like the High resolution setting for my 4k tv and if i want to play more competitively i'll switch to my monitor and still have benefits from the patch because of the supersampling. This feature in the patch is a little bit overshadowed by all the other things going on and the devs also didn't make a big deal out of it but it is much appreciated :)

Now my feedback about the color adjustments in patch 1.09. I think it's way too oversaturated, the map colors in the menu from each faction and the team colors in the menus while ingame. The intensity is cranked up too much. I even had to lower my color intensity of my tv set but it doesn't help a lot. It also looks out of place and really weird, like when you take a photo on a Samsung phone and the image automatically adds a color saturation filter to it to make it ''pop'' more. The way it is now makes it look like 4 of those filters on top of each other ;) It's not a big deal but still something thats bothering me just a little bit and feedback is always appreciated right :o

Also to make clear, it's not because of the new ps4 pro High resolution setting, the color intensity stays the same if i switch between both options.

Anyway, thanks for the awesome ps4 pro graphics patch but the oversaturated colors could be toned down a little bit.

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 12:31 AM
I posted about this earlier in a thread of my own, here: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1709539-Garish-new-Faction-War-map-and-Scoreboard-colours - the colours look awful on Xbox One too.

UbiNoty
07-21-2017, 12:32 AM
Thanks for letting me know. I actually didn't see anything about this with 1.09 on PC so maybe it's just a problem with color saturation on console? Anybody else have problems with color stuff after 1.09?

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 12:53 AM
To give some examples, here is the old colour scheme for the scoreboard, before 1.09 hit today:

https://image.ibb.co/g7c0AQ/image_1.png

And here is the same scoreboard after 1.09:

https://image.ibb.co/eQDCPk/21_07_2017_00_41_15_2.png

I think the difference is pretty clear.

The Faction War map is probably worst of all:

https://image.ibb.co/mDeac5/21_07_2017_00_51_15_2.png

All extremely glaring and uncomfortable to look at.

UbiNoty
07-21-2017, 01:22 AM
Oh wow - I've been staring at these blindingly white forums all night and I can feel it too. Will definitely bring it up.

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 01:32 AM
Oh wow - I've been staring at these blindingly white forums all night and I can feel it too. Will definitely bring it up.

Thank you :)

Sykoink
07-21-2017, 02:01 AM

Thanks Bae :o ;) :eek: :nonchalance:

Oh and the screenshots don't do the over saturation any justice, it also depends on the setting configs on each tv, i like to have some more colors in my game so i crank up the color setting a little bit but then the new already over saturated colors get even more psychedelic haha

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 12:59 PM
Thanks Bae :o ;) :eek: :nonchalance:

Oh and the screenshots don't do the over saturation any justice, it also depends on the setting configs on each tv, i like to have some more colors in my game so i crank up the color setting a little bit but then the new already over saturated colors get even more psychedelic haha

Yes it looks worse on my actual TV than in the screenshots. I guess the shots aren't based on my settings but are rather based on the source. I don't have especially colourful settings, I've always prided myself on having decent settings that produce realistic colours, and before 1.09 those settings were just fine in For Honor, but now the Scoreboard and Faction War map are painful to look at.

Tyrjo
07-21-2017, 01:05 PM
I also noticed on PS4 that the saturation went up. Looks...not so good. :)