PDA

View Full Version : Easy fix for defensive meta. But nooo, lets axe skillfull actions.

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 07:43 PM
You only needed to make counter guard break and heavy parry harder to do, and give frame advantage after a parry based on the difficulty of the move you parried (example, parrying pk first strike 400ms of zone attack gets you a lot of frame advantage, parrying a slow light gives you less than current advantage)

im ok with most of OOS state changes (except no parry in that mode) but you are putting heavy emphasis in dodge... even if its the most connectivity based move on the game and also haves a lot of input lag (dodge didnt have any in open beta, but a lot in live versions of the game)

So now what? you are going to reduce the skillfull actions of the game instead of making them harder to do (most logical change for a FIGHTING GAME) but instead you decided to commit the sin of nerfing skill cap.

Remnancy1
07-20-2017, 07:47 PM
Parrying is not a skillful action that is why it is a problem.

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 07:48 PM
Im just going to ask you this, how we are going to kill someone fast with these changes without using ledges (anti fun) ? The frame advantage after light parry has the only thing that made some classes viable and the only option to beat a fast character used by a good player (shinobi for example) how we are going to beat someone fast enough in dominion without using ledges before their team comes?
For example raider has 600 ms lights, a good shinobi can just spam lights at the start of your animation and cancell all of them, then dodge and kick on heavy attacks, what now ubisoft? What now that you nerfed the skillfull action of the game?

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 07:49 PM
Parrying is not a skillful action that is why it is a problem.

????? do you even used feints? its fighting game, light parry not a skillfull action, sure....

Lyskir
07-20-2017, 07:58 PM
i used to main raider..but with these changes...i dont know anymore, he would be viable with his charge but they will nerf it soon so

i main warlord instead and embrace the light/stamina drain meta (ง ͠ ͠ ل͜ )ง

end me pls

Arekonator
07-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Sooo, basically Lawbringer Blind Justice counter is now absolutely dead, because you cant get it from light parry but cant even use it as OOS punish when you bait parry attempt with unblockable.
That makes me sad.

brashtralas
07-20-2017, 08:15 PM
Sooo, basically Lawbringer Blind Justice counter is now absolutely dead, because you cant get it from light parry but cant even use it as OOS punish when you bait parry attempt with unblockable.
That makes me sad.

Yeah, I'm thinking that my three characters I've played most, lawbringer, warden, and conqueror(though he's pretty boring, so not often), will be pretty much obsolete with this emphasis on dodge.

The only one of the 3 that does enough damage to end a fight fairly quickly is lawbringer. Luckily he's my main....

Ugh. I'm just not optimistic. And to think I was so excited.

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 08:20 PM
That makes me sad.

Yeah, i think that move will only be used for meme purposes :(, a lot of the actual balance was based from the different parry advantage frames, with this some moves of some classes would be useless, yeah time to main warlord and spam headbutt + knee and heavy after a parry.

Netcode_err_404
07-20-2017, 08:25 PM
That makes me sad.

LB needed a rework, nonetheless. So i guess this is the right moment.

DeLatv
07-20-2017, 09:42 PM
Shugoki has the worst dodge ANd he has to lowest stamina... This is gonna be the biggest nerft to one of the lowest tier charracters, RIP my fatty friend, I will miss you.