PDA

View Full Version : Successfully parrying will do more stamina damage - That ENCOURAGES defensive meta!

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 07:21 PM
They said it themselves on stream that any time a person goes out of stamina they can expect to eat a certain amount of damage.

So riddle me this.... if I can put you out of stamina by parrying you, get all the damage I can from that dangerous situation, as well as the free light(s) that comes from the parry itself.... im sorry, hold on here. HOW is this discouraging defensive meta again? It sounds like you guys just doubled down on it.

Getting parried right now already eats a huge chunk of stamina. It's the key reason people go out of stamina in the first place. You want people to lose even more? No no no no. This was not well thought out.

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 07:28 PM
can somebody confirm this?

They didnt say anything about increasing light parry stamina damage, so if you spam lights with stamina you will be ok, they didnt nerf anything of heavy parry... (its still really easy to do...) you cant guard break them after a parry and just get a light out of it (kensei mains, do your jobs)

In other words its a more boring spam oriented, noob friendly game with skill cap reduced......

Lyskir
07-20-2017, 07:38 PM
They didnt say anything about increasing light parry stamina damage, so if you spam lights with stamina you will be ok, they didnt nerf anything of heavy parry... (its still really easy to do...) you cant guard break them after a parry and just get a light out of it (kensei mains, do your jobs)

In other words its a more boring spam oriented, noob friendly game with skill cap reduced......

i agree with that

comm is happy about it, we will see if they still happy when this mess goes live

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 07:45 PM

I think you guys missed the memo, so I'll catch you up.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160619672?t=01h17m14s

at 1 hour 17 minutes 14s in he answers a question about parries and GB's, and at the end of this question also mentions that they now do more stamina damage and specifically says that they are a good way to put your opponent out of stamina. This was absolutely mentioned I am sorry to say.

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 07:55 PM
I think you guys missed the memo, so I'll catch you up.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/160619672?t=01h17m14s

at 1 hour 17 minutes 14s in he answers a question about parries and GB's, and at the end of this question also mentions that they now do more stamina damage and specifically says that they are a good way to put your opponent out of stamina. This was absolutely mentioned I am sorry to say.

Thanks Rikuto, didnt read it on the powerpoint.

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 07:59 PM
Yea that seems like a rather extremely important detail to shoehorn in at the end of an unrelated question, and that part will very well be what sets the game right back onto the defensive meta course even with the changes.

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 08:02 PM
Yea that seems like a rather extremely important detail to shoehorn in at the end of an unrelated question, and that part will very well be what sets the game right back onto the defensive meta course even with the changes.

Its a insane change for centurion, atm you can put someone in oom even without parrys, so with these changes if you get a parry and do the kick follow up (That its safe to do) + the 2 pommel hits that reduce stamina + trow them into the ground, you will get them into OOS state without any problem, its just insane.

C00tBAjenkins
07-20-2017, 08:02 PM
I thought they said parrys will be harder to perform. Changes to the timings etc.

brashtralas
07-20-2017, 08:10 PM
Its a insane change for centurion, atm you can put someone in oom even without parrys, so with these changes if you get a parry and do the kick follow up (That its safe to do) + the 2 pommel hits that reduce stamina + trow them into the ground, you will get them into OOS state without any problem, its just insane.

Yep, nothing like that indirect centurion buff. Haha

@CootBAjenkins

Even without tougher parries, you have to consider that everyone that is currently a parry "god" will still be excellent at it. Those that went centurion or picked up raider after the buff and are good turtles are going to wreck everyone else.

We can only wait and see, but on paper, this looks bad.

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 08:13 PM
What disturbs me about this change is that there is no logical reason for it that I can see. If you know the defensive meta is a problem, why do something that buffs it when its your stated goal is to nerf it? I don't understand the logic behind this change.

Somebody had to actually sit down in an office somewhere and say "the parry needs a buff". I can't even wrap my mind around that.

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 08:14 PM
nevermind what the others are saying , staring contest needed to go one way or another.

first parry will be hard to perform , it doesn't reward much , and the only problem that i forsee is centurion cause he can oom you , but that is fine , if he looked way 2 op he will be nerfed voila problem solved

i approve to what roman did , i think they took their time and thought it , good job never the less .

staring and loosing patient was never a skilled game , it was more like zzzzz game and that's it .

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 08:17 PM
nevermind what the others are saying , staring contest needed to go one way or another.

first parry will be hard to perform , it doesn't reward much , and the only problem that i forsee is centurion cause he can oom you , but that is fine , if he looked way 2 op he will be nerfed voila problem solved

i approve to what roman did , i think they took their time and thought it , good job never the less .

staring and loosing patient was never a skilled game , it was more like zzzzz game and that's it .

I don't think you understand what was actually said. The staring contest is going to be just as intense as it ever was.

Parry will not be that difficult, I promise. This isn't third strike, they want the game to be accessible. The only thing they changed was that if you try to parry into a feint, there will be a window where you are hit.

Of course what they failed to realize is that they have actually creating an option-select parry scenario with zone attacks as a result of this, where you can parry with a zone but if the attack turns into a feint you will end up hitting them instead. Also bad design and further encouraging defensive meta so they will need to remove the parry function off of zones.

Hardly anyone in these forums actually understands the concepts of an option-select though, so I imagine it will be some time before that gets fixed unless somebody is really on the ball.

Netcode_err_404
07-20-2017, 08:17 PM
All are talking about removing skills from this game.

Meanwhile in tourneys we have warlord unlock charge vs pk light spam. LOL

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 08:18 PM
can't say it any better

or orochi top light/flicker zone

C00tBAjenkins
07-20-2017, 08:18 PM
Its a test anyway. Nothing final like they said 20 times. Just for feedback. I think its a good start and after pts be much closer to ironed out.

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 08:21 PM
and i do understand but it seems that u don't

remember there's a chip damage 18% added

u are forced to take action if u wanna stare forever u'll loose to chip damage , if you tried to parry and he feint his heavy/light , u will be punished , so either way it will be much more about skill and luck combined than ever .

which is to me is +++++ , no more infinite block , now we are all forced to take action or loose

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 08:33 PM
and i do understand but it seems that u don't

remember there's a chip damage 18% added

u are forced to take action if u wanna stare forever u'll loose to chip damage , if you tried to parry and he feint his heavy/light , u will be punished , so either way it will be much more about skill and luck combined than ever .

which is to me is +++++ , no more infinite block , now we are all forced to take action or loose

"We" may refer to you, but it definitely doesn't refer to me or anyone with better reflexes.

Its a test anyway. Nothing final like they said 20 times. Just for feedback. I think its a good start and after pts be much closer to ironed out.

Yes, the purpose of a test is to get feedback. So here is the early feedback -- that part of the system doesn't work, so get started on a better one. I'm not going to pretend to give something a chance when I already know for a fact its broken.

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 08:40 PM
what makes you sure you have a better reflexes than us , i say the system work and give it a chill and wait , if u can't wait , there's always another game very easy solution so please stop whining and play the pts and if you're a console player wait till you have the chance to test it and give your feedback after

Netcode_err_404
07-20-2017, 08:41 PM
"We" may refer to you, but it definitely doesn't refer to me or anyone with better reflexes.

Yes, the purpose of a test is to get feedback. So here is the early feedback -- that part of the system doesn't work, so get started on a better one. I'm not going to pretend to give something a chance when I already know for a fact its broken.

"MLG song on background"

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 08:44 PM
"MLG song on background"

Just Some People =)))))))

i didn't want to put a nasty comment on that part but looool he already think the changes is bad and he got the best reflexes and probably a console player ....

Netcode_err_404
07-20-2017, 08:48 PM
Just Some People =)))))))

i didn't want to put a nasty comment on that part but looool he already think the changes is bad and he got the best reflexes and probably a console player ....

You didn't want because probably you are a nice person. Fortunately for you, im not.

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 09:37 PM
what makes you sure you have a better reflexes than us ,

Tournament wins. Lots of them. I play on all platforms. PC is the worst version as far as gameplay goes due to everything being too easy to react to and has the least money invested in it, so I don't normally bother with it. The only purpose of playing that version is if you are a professional streamer as its a better quality visually for your audience.

This isn't whining, it's the truth of what will come to pass from the eyes of somebody who understands more than you do.

You're at the shallow end of the pool. Run along now.

"MLG song on background"

Can't say you're wrong since I've taken about a grand off of gamebattles. I guess you're implying that's a bad thing? /shrug

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 09:58 PM
Tournament wins. Lots of them. I play on all platforms. PC is the worst version as far as gameplay goes due to everything being too easy to react to and has the least money invested in it, so I don't normally bother with it. The only purpose of playing that version is if you are a professional streamer as its a better quality visually for your audience.

This isn't whining, it's the truth of what will come to pass from the eyes of somebody who understands more than you do.

You're at the shallow end of the pool. Run along now.

Can't say you're wrong since I've taken about a grand off of gamebattles. I guess you're implying that's a bad thing? /shrug

well i was a nice guy now i wont be anymore .

first you think high of yourself a lot console peasant , second where were you when petemoo and sypher and truetalent playing the game , i'll take a wild guess baby sitting your console .

you're such a waste of time to even reply to bad mentality and stupidity at its best .

get a grip of yourself go play on your ps4 and shine there .

sorry Console players but that kid needs some manners and needs someone to put him in place where he belong.

kbvlcvfkhgc
07-20-2017, 10:05 PM
Yep, nothing like that indirect centurion buff. Haha

@CootBAjenkins

Even without tougher parries, you have to consider that everyone that is currently a parry "god" will still be excellent at it. Those that went centurion or picked up raider after the buff and are good turtles are going to wreck everyone else.

We can only wait and see, but on paper, this looks bad.

LOL.

i mean its not like the Centurion didn't need a bit more help eh?

Just Dodge™ indeed,

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 10:13 PM
well i was a nice guy now i wont be anymore .

first you think high of yourself a lot console peasant , second where were you when petemoo and sypher and truetalent playing the game , i'll take a wild guess baby sitting your console .

you're such a waste of time to even reply to bad mentality and stupidity at its best .

get a grip of yourself go play on your ps4 and shine there .

sorry Console players but that kid needs some manners and needs someone to put him in place where he belong.

Console peasant? My rig probably cost more than yours.

PC version is the bad version of this game. That's why nobody plays it. You keep bringing up other players names... but wait, where are you in all of this? Where is your earned income?

Nowhere, right? So zip it. Don't try to bring other people into something that you yourself have no place in.

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 10:23 PM
my rig cost more than yours loooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll, ok i wanna take you seriously , my rig cost as much as your car , but don't ask me how much my car cost , you and my kid are in the same age boy , so you zip it , play your console version and keep your opinion for yourself , the defensive meta is gone wether you like it or not , it's gone , now install the pts and test it if u have the pc version as you claim and get useful , instead of whining and giving false feedback

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 10:26 PM
Console peasant? My rig probably cost more than yours.

PC version is the bad version of this game. That's why nobody plays it. You keep bringing up other players names... but wait, where are you in all of this? Where is your earned income?

Nowhere, right? So zip it. Don't try to bring other people into something that you yourself have no place in.

my rig cost more than yours loooooooooooooooooooooooooollllllllllllllllllll, ok i wanna take you seriously , my rig cost as much as your car , but don't ask me how much my car cost , you and my kid are in the same age boy , so you zip it , play your console version and keep your opinion for yourself , the defensive meta is gone wether you like it or not , it's gone , now install the pts and test it if u have the pc version as you claim and get useful , instead of whining and giving false feedback

Just fight eachother already. Then post it.

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 10:26 PM
You should stick to being a nice person. You're really bad at this.

Just fight eachother already. Then post it.

If he's actually stupid enough I'm more than happy to stream it.

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 10:31 PM
for what we should fight each other , i play the game casually he is a whinny liittle kid , does he even have a pc i wonder , it will be fun if he don't have =))

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 10:37 PM
for what we should fight each other , i play the game casually he is a whinny liittle kid , does he even have a pc i wonder , it will be fun if he don't have =))

Chicken, he already said that he had a PC but plays on PlayStation because it's the better version of the game

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 10:37 PM
If you play the game casually then by your own admission you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Why would you even post here?

Chicken, he already said that he had a PC but plays on PlayStation because it's the better version of the game

He also makes the grand assumption I'm a kid when I've already been on ForHonorGame's official twitch channel and its pretty obvious I'm going on 30.

But those are stock internet responses from a person who has pretty much zero credibility or means of lending themselves any. His only shot at this point would be to try to beat me somehow in a set, and that would indeed take a miracle. He's no iSkys, I can promise you that.

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 10:42 PM
because you bad mentality thinking you are the best , infact u can have an opinion but it doesn't make iti right or wrong , see the difference , i can be wrong but i can post an opinion but you are forcing your opinion on us , which is why you are bad , and to antonio , i can play him no problem , but i'am a casual player not a tournament boy , but i can play why not maybe i'll learn a thing or two if he is what he say he is on one condition though

only mirror matches and only pc

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 10:48 PM
because you bad mentality thinking you are the best , infact u can have an opinion but it doesn't make iti right or wrong , see the difference , i can be wrong but i can post an opinion but you are forcing your opinion on us , which is why you are bad , and to antonio , i can play him no problem , but i'am a casual player not a tournament boy , but i can play why not maybe i'll learn a thing or two if he is what he say he is on one condition though

only mirror matches and only pc

If you play the game casually then by your own admission you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Why would you even post here?

He also makes the grand assumption I'm a kid when I've already been on ForHonorGame's official twitch channel and its pretty obvious I'm going on 30.

But those are stock internet responses from a person who has pretty much zero credibility or means of lending themselves any. His only shot at this point would be to try to beat me somehow in a set, and that would indeed take a miracle. He's no iSkys, I can promise you that.

Give us blood!!!

I'll be interested to see you fight rikuto. I've wanted to duel you for awhile but been on a dark souls and bloodborne kick. Maybe my love for for honor will be rejuvenated with this patch but it got pretty stale for me.

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 10:52 PM
Opinions of the misinformed are worth less than zero. They do harm, in fact. And you are many things but informed is clearly not one of them.

Am I the best? No, I never said I was the best. I am, however, better than you by a huge margin and I have the trophies to prove it. You're digging your own hole here.

No, we're not doing mirror matches. You can pick whatever character you want and I'll play my Orochi. You can't dictate what the other person plays in serious competition and you won't do it here either.

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 10:55 PM
i said what i have to say , you have trophies and u are a tournament player

i'am nobody i play 4 hours a week

so no mirror matches , i guess no luck :xD

let us know when there's tournament so we can watch you playing your Orochi , i'am interested as well to see how tournament Orochi play

Maaci
07-20-2017, 10:59 PM
Can you stop your nonense in this thread? Jesus crist, you say you have kids? WTF, then act as a ****ing adultl

What has exactly changed then
Attacking will feel more encouraged atleast. But its still one attack at a time, and using a heavy will still be suicide? Or will the heavy->feint be to much for consistently trying to parry everything? Maybe.
So in a way, heavies might work as well. And havies let many chars continue with another attack. So a bit of combo potentially added to the combo. Thats a really good thing.

This whole heavy->feint thing feels a bit to much tho imo, its like the whole offense will relient on it? Either opponent will be to scared to parry because of it, or the feint will be way to much.

Feels a bit cheap still. But lets see.

No guardbreak after parry is atleast a relief, since less time for your own char to not do anything. The fights tempo will be better. GOod thi ng !

What else? Ahhh, chip damage. Iam not to fond of this.
Attack more than your opponent attacks you->you win.
Not literally, but it also feels ...cheap...somehow.. Might work?

I might actually try the ptr. But lets see what the blog next week tells us.

Antonioj26
07-20-2017, 11:00 PM
i said what i have to say , you have trophies and u are a tournament player

i'am nobody i play 4 hours a week

so no mirror matches , i guess no luck :xD

let us know when there's tournament so we can watch you playing your Orochi , i'am interested as well to see how tournament Orochi play

Mirror matches? That's such an odd stipulation.

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 11:03 PM
How very convenient for you.

Orochi does good on console. Less so on PC -- he relies heavily on a mixup that must be unreactable. On PC, everything is pretty reactable and thus he cannot flourish in active competition.

Currently ranked number 3 in the NA PS4 Series Cup (which has the most combatants out of any of the regions or platforms, by the way).

I would be number 2, but last cup I came up against the warlord who won early in the bracket and got fewer points as a result. That's the problem with single elimination, I suppose.

I might stream this weekends matches. Generally, I don't like to as any slight increase in lag is a disadvantage.

Mia.Nora
07-20-2017, 11:07 PM
Rikuto, you are %100 right on your feedback.

Losing stamina is a property of ONLY offensive play style. Defender never loses any (unless they face Centurion.....).
Yet they are making not only the stamina loss for offensive play even more, but also making the punishment of OOS tremendously strong.

This will only result in 2 things;
1. More turtling
2. More Centurions/Raiders abusing new meta

Rikuto01.tv
07-20-2017, 11:16 PM
Personally I would've reduced stamina loss on weapon swings and put in stamina damage on the defender who blocks.

This whole system would've made a lot more sense with that in place. Even the crazy bit about removing parry when OOS, as at that point you would have battered your opponent down so badly that they could barely grip their weapon let alone accurately parry something.

That's just my personal take though. They clearly are not going in that direction. As long as the chip is in effect, loss of stamina generally transfers into a loss of life for the other player. I'm ok with that. I'm not OK with the parry situation leading to a greater loss of stamina though. That's too much.

Stichller
07-20-2017, 11:34 PM
We will see.
We have to wait for the First reactions after guys have played in Public Test 2.

My wishes: won't happen.

Time window for a successfully parry is very close.
U need lot of train and skill to do it often right.
If parry is successful, you should get a free guard break again.

Chip damage shouldn't be 18% for all heroes the same.
It should be different for every hero.
It should be also different to each hero how much damage you get and give.

Revenge changes sounds good.

Stamina changes would be good after changing the moves of some heroes, where you are losing lot of stamina.
If this moves stay in the game and changes of stamina too. Omg. It would be horrible.
Sorry for my bad English.

UbiNoty
07-20-2017, 11:48 PM
Thank you for bringing up your concerns with the new parry system and OOS state. We'll keep it in mind as we monitor the PT.

To be fair though, much of the changes we've implemented are based on feedback and suggestions that we've gotten from our community workshops and the community as a whole - it's not just coming from a group of guys in an holed up in a room. So perhaps give it a chance?

If the new parry system and OOS actually promote defensive play, then we won't be afraid to admit that more work needs to be done and we'll do just that. And again, that's the whole reason for the PT - to test and gain feedback.

Stichller
07-20-2017, 11:54 PM
You can be sure. We, the community, will give the changes a chance.

Just make the time window for a parry very small. If you are out of the window and you try parry, you should get punished.
Also if you do it right, you should get a free guard break with a heavy or reducing stamina of the enemy

Skill should be the most important fact of the game.
Not spam, not some heroes, not luck.

PeanutBlock
07-20-2017, 11:55 PM
Thank you for bringing up your concerns with the new parry system and OOS state. We'll keep it in mind as we monitor the PT.

To be fair though, much of the changes we've implemented are based on feedback and suggestions that we've gotten from our community workshops and the community as a whole - it's not just coming from a group of guys in an holed up in a room. So perhaps give it a chance?

If the new parry system and OOS actually promote defensive play, then we won't be afraid to admit that more work needs to be done and we'll do just that. And again, that's the whole reason for the PT - to test and gain feedback.

You say that, but the feedback on the Raider stampede change on the PTR didn't stop you from releasing it in it's broken state, requiring a fix in the very next patch.

UbiNoty
07-21-2017, 12:17 AM
You say that, but the feedback on the Raider stampede change on the PTR didn't stop you from releasing it in it's broken state, requiring a fix in the very next patch.

The first PT was mostly to test the new tournament and ranked modes, so the Raider changes which were on the PT had already been submitted in the 1.09 build and pulling it would have messed with our update and maintenance schedule. By the time the PT had ended, we'd already finalized the 1.09 version and published patchnotes, so there wasn't enough time to make changes to an entire title update in that short period of time.

Oupyz
07-21-2017, 12:21 AM
The first PT was mostly to test the new tournament and ranked modes, so the Raider changes which were on the PT had already been submitted in the 1.09 build and pulling it would have messed with our update and maintenance schedule. By the time the PT had ended, we'd already finalized the 1.09 version and published patchnotes, so there wasn't enough time to make changes to an entire title update in that short period of time.

Ubinoty Go For it guys , we have been waiting for that patch for long now

i only disagree that you can't parry when out of stamina state , however i haven't heard roman saying that , i heard him saying there's no 2 options he wants to test one u can parry when oos one that u cannot but he went with the one that u can , might have heard him wrong though ...

Rikuto01.tv
07-21-2017, 01:00 AM

My primary concern is getting stuck with something because it was submitted early BEFORE proper feedback was taken into consideration. It happens a lot in this industry because of certification bottlenecks among other things. From the developer standpoint thats fine because you can always just fix it in the next major build a month or so down the road, but from the consumer standpoint we're left with a game that feels terrible to play for a month, and it's absolute hell.

So yes, I'm glad the PT exists for us to fiddle with. Truly. Perhaps I've simply become too jaded over the years at seeing the lag between feedback and implementation under similar circumstances to actually trust it to make a difference.

CandleInTheDark
07-21-2017, 02:41 AM

They mentioned it on the Den today that the 1.09 patch had already gone through before the PTS went live so there wasn't anything they could have done on that score, other than the network stuff, that and the warlord charge which was in a similar state similar was the purpose of the live update today.

My primary concern is getting stuck with something because it was submitted early BEFORE proper feedback was taken into consideration. It happens a lot in this industry because of certification bottlenecks among other things. From the developer standpoint thats fine because you can always just fix it in the next major build a month or so down the road, but from the consumer standpoint we're left with a game that feels terrible to play for a month, and it's absolute hell.

If the raider stuff had been something that had been intended to be tested in the PTS that would be a point, but as Noty said the purpose of the test was ranked mode, not a test in terms of character balance so feedback on the raider wouldn't have been something they would have been looking for before release.

Netcode_err_404
07-21-2017, 03:05 AM

So you are going on 30 years old, and still type ********s like "My rig probably cost more than yours" ?

Huston, we have a problem, a huge one.

I will tell you a couple of things, hope to make you understand a couple of stuff.

1) nobody gives a flying **** who you are, and how many tourneys you lost/win/exploited, here you are just a user of the forum, with the same rights of all others

2) Try to not forget point 1
3) Try to not forget point 2, which reminds you to not forget point 1.

Low your attitude because from a thirty years old dude, its embarassing to say the least. Just some friendly advices. Now take doritos and m.dew and go back into your ego.

PDXGorechild
07-21-2017, 12:56 PM
So, they've increased the stamina drain on parry.

They've also made it more difficult to do, and said that Parrying too early will open up your defence. They've made it so GB is no longer guaranteed after a parry, and you can't do it whilst OOS any more. Light and heavy parries are now consistent, only guaranteeing a light attack now, I think? To top it all off - you can't parry people whilst they're in revenge mode any more.

So,

Buffs to Parry:

1. More stamina drain

Nerfs to Parry:

1. Smaller window to parry
2. Open to attack if parry is missed
3. No longer guaranteed GB after parry
4. No longer guaranteed heavy after parry
5. Can't parry whilst OOS
6. Can't parry people in revenge mode

1 buff and 6 nerfs = OVERALL NERF. Or am I missing something?

Only time and careful observation of the PT will tell if these changes will be enough to break the meta, but seems to me like there's a good chance.

Patience warriors, Ubi got this.

Draghmar
07-21-2017, 01:09 PM
Buffs to Parry:

1. More stamina drain

Nerfs to Parry:

1. Smaller window to parry
2. Open to attack if parry is missed
3. No longer guaranteed GB after parry
4. No longer guaranteed heavy after parry
5. Can't parry whilst OOS
6. Can't parry people in revenge mode
I'd argue if 5 is really nerf - depends on the side you're on. ;)

The_B0G_
07-21-2017, 01:30 PM
It does look like a bad decision, we'll just have to wait and see what happens in the tests.

I think taking parry away from being OOS is a mistake, you could never attack after that parry anyway, coupled with chip damage and stam regen pausing on blocks and dodges... the light spamming heroes are going to be very tough to fight.

RatedChaotic
07-21-2017, 02:23 PM
I'll just wait. It may not be as bad as you may think. If it is then I'll complain.

xECS DESTROYER
07-21-2017, 02:42 PM
The main issue I have is that you cannot parry when OOS. This will make heroes like Kensei and Raider ridiculous when they get someone in that state. Allowing parries in that scenario would even further influence offensive play because you could bait parries, so I think they should leave them there.

They did not say how much stamina drain would be increased, but I am hoping that if only a light atk can get through that neither a Conq or Cent could get off their bash/kick to further drain stamina. I do believe that stamina should be lost on block when you are not OOS.

And turtle meta is worse on PC, which is why I play console. Because of how frame rates are improved on PC, the reactions are way easier so I am not sure how much these changes will help PC players when in comparison to console, but I believe it is a good decision overall with these changes moving forward.

Rikuto01.tv
07-22-2017, 03:21 AM
So you are going on 30 years old, and still type ********s like "My rig probably cost more than yours" ?

Huston, we have a problem, a huge one.

I will tell you a couple of things, hope to make you understand a couple of stuff.

1) nobody gives a flying **** who you are, and how many tourneys you lost/win/exploited, here you are just a user of the forum, with the same rights of all others

2) Try to not forget point 1
3) Try to not forget point 2, which reminds you to not forget point 1.

Low your attitude because from a thirty years old dude, its embarassing to say the least. Just some friendly advices. Now take doritos and m.dew and go back into your ego.

My attitude isn't on trial here.

If you're bad at the game, your opinion about it doesn't matter. Everyone has the same rights to speak, but that doesn't make anything you say relevant.

And even if my attitude was on trial, I can just as easily claim you're insecure and compensating by hurling personal insults due to being bad at everything.

Netcode_err_404
07-22-2017, 04:04 AM
My attitude isn't on trial here.

If you're bad at the game, your opinion about it doesn't matter. Everyone has the same rights to speak, but that doesn't make anything you say relevant.

And even if my attitude was on trial, I can just as easily claim you're insecure and compensating by hurling personal insults due to being bad at everything.

Insults ? Because i told you are a desperate idiot ?

Man, a 30 years old, that speaks like you its the second most sad person in the universe.

Now, pls, speak again with someone who gives a **** about you.

Rikuto01.tv
07-22-2017, 04:41 PM
Oh no, im still being insulted by a person who has accomplished absolutely nothing and is little more than an anonymous person on the internet.

Whatever shall I do?

Netcode_err_404
07-22-2017, 06:35 PM
Oh no, im still being insulted by a person who has accomplished absolutely nothing and is little more than an anonymous person on the internet.

Whatever shall I do?

You shall stop breathing for 3-4 minutes.

Nah, joking, just STFU and stop beeing yourself.

What do you think you are ? A pathetich 30 years old who trash talk people because they shared an opinion on a PUBLIC forum ? Grow up man, but not only on age, on brain.

Alustar.
07-22-2017, 07:38 PM
You shall stop breathing for 3-4 minutes.

Nah, joking, just STFU and stop beeing yourself.

What do you think you are ? A pathetich 30 years old who trash talk people because they shared an opinion on a PUBLIC forum ? Grow up man, but not only on age, on brain.

Honestly, Rikuto, you are best just ignoring posts like these. I had to give the forums a rest for a few months(as well as the game itself) due to what I would consider the largest single gathering of trolls, immature man-children, and kids that occupy the same place the adults go to play.

The simple fact that I've followed this thread since 6am and I've seen that kids handle change at least three times should tell you all you need to know.

Netcode_err_404
07-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Honestly, Rikuto, you are best just ignoring posts like these. I had to give the forums a rest for a few months(as well as the game itself) due to what I would consider the largest single gathering of trolls, immature man-children, and kids that occupy the same place the adults go to play.

The simple fact that I've followed this thread since 6am and I've seen that kids handle change at least three times should tell you all you need to know.

Sure because telling to others to not share opinion because the are not good players, and acting like someone who clearly hasn't recieved any attention in the childhood is so much mature and clearly acting like that makes you look like someone who's worth of any attention.

All from a declared 30 years old man.

Totally mature my friend.

Boosting his ego makes you as worthy as him of any attention.

Now if you excuse me im going to type on forum how much better of any of you I'am.

Alustar.
07-22-2017, 08:27 PM
Sure because telling to others to not share opinion because the are not good players, and acting like someone who clearly hasn't recieved any attention in the childhood is so much mature and clearly acting like that makes you look like someone who's worth of any attention.

All from a declared 30 years old man.

Totally mature my friend.

Boosting his ego makes you as worthy as him of any attention.

Now if you excuse me im going to type on forum how much better of any of you I'am.

And yet you still respond. Giving him, and myself attention.
Tell me who's the bigger idiot, the fool or the fool who follows him?

UbiNoty
07-22-2017, 09:27 PM
Ok, I'm going to be shutting down this thread because it has obviously derailed.

Please remember to follow the forum rules (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/907678-Forum-Rules?p=10142071&viewfull=1#post10142071) when you engage in discussion with others, and keep in mind that we want to encourage civil, respectful conversation.

When I hear back about the stamina drain on parry I will let you know.