PDA

View Full Version : Warrior's Den July 20

CandleInTheDark
07-20-2017, 04:36 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8dBTMx4ZJY

We have a video, we have a Den. We were told this is going to be the start of a good bunch of shows going into the end of this season and the start of the next, if they have the defensive meta patch on the public test server at the end of the month we should get something on that, as per Fred yesterday they aren't looking at information on the new characters just yet.

We have a Den of having to look at Eric's knees, he apologises profusely.Personally I think he should be put on cosplay duty with Noty for this transgression.

They will be giving an update on the Hero series, then they will be talking about the live update, a title update, then they are going into details on the next public test, including some specifics on the defensive meta changes. As speculated, they have a powerpoint.

Public server test goes live on the 27th.

They will have changes on the ranked tournaments in this test also.

Console has the update, the centurion and shinobi executions are now available for console.

Live update came out today, they will talk about that on this show.

Next patch is coming next week to all platforms, looks good for the 25th certification pending.

Game mode variation event - they will activate the event section on the map with a new mode variation, they call it realistic dominion. No fight hud, no gear stats, no radar, no revive. Friday 21st-24th, usual xp and such, dominion orders but no war assets. They have added two side orders for this event, special executions (4 executions) special slayer (15 takedowns). They will also have a community event specifically for playing games on that list. The reward will be two scavenger crates(cue P off calls).

New content elite outfits.

Eric apologises to the press for his fake news quip last week. Though they do rebuttal the low player base comments, in June they had 1.3 million unique players.

EU PS4 new players are going to find qualification unlikely, one player has 200 points after two of four rounds.

The raider buff apparently introduced a bug with the raider which was why the raider was banned for week two of the tournament, for now he is still banned. They fixed him up a bit but they are still testing things.

People sending in casting auditions need to be casting over For Honor, not other games.

Today's live update had some bug fixes.

Raider's stampede charge was set at 100ms minimum connection time, this could look instantaneous under poor networking conditions and has been raised to 300ms. They also fixed a bug where the stampede charge into a wall would be cancelled against the host.

Warlord again the minimum charge duration from shield crush is 300ms up from 100ms.

Revenge is removed from duel. There is a small bug, for the moment revenge cannot be selected as an option in custom matches, they wanted to push out the revenge removal though.

The main thing from the gameplay side of the title update due Tuesday is fixes on out of lock in regards to attacking and dodgeing, they are still fixing up things in this. Most of this tech has been in from the beginning, they made the point it has taken the player base this long to find them, they needed time to reproduce them.

On xbox 1 they will change how they send information so they will be monitoring how this affects stability. On the next patch they will have something to help with the network responsiveness, they are hoping this will reduce 118 and 129 errors.

There was a bug in the faceoff display which they think they have a fix for next patch, it should have been in this one but for some reason didn't make the cut.

They are fixing various crashes for all platforms, the focus of the patch was stability, urgent gameplay stuff made it into it.

There were a few things in the last patch they said were going to be there, like the material colours, that for some reason didn'tg et certified.

They missed something on the patch notes, edits to the centurion punch.

Objectives to the public test are to test revisions of the fight system aka defensive meta. They want feedback on this and they emphasise these are not final.

Their focus on the PTS is ranked 1v1 and 4v4 dominion in an effort to get feedback in both scenarios.

Fight changes are to parry, guardbreak stamina, chip damage, revenge and flicker. This is a first set of changes, there are others planned, but these are a good first test in their view.

Player ranking distribution has been edited to reflect player base, it was next to impossible to get to diamond on the last PTS, post match ranking wins and loss has been updated,, ranking now increases to next division at 100%, ranking penalties for abandoning a match are harsher as last time losing a match was harsher than leaving it in cases and now Alt-F4 is considered an abandon,

Duel tournament changes involve updated map selection (citedal gate, the shard, the cathedral), tournament matchmaking limited to +/-1 divisions,tournament matchmaking timeout set to 15 minutes, allow only one disconnection instead of two as it was before, added routers for Oceania countries, tournament duel rounds set to 3 minutes, there is an anti runaway mechanic, you won;t be able to run away, and if the timer expires, the player with most hp takes the round. The last two fixes are to diminish tie cheesing people in the lead were taking advantage of. When someone is trying to run away from a fight, there will be a speed and stamina debuff and the player chasing will bet a speed boost. Someone being hit when trying to run will lose more hp. Personally I would love them to bring this into duel as that would enable larger duel maps in my view. If it works well it is something they think would be viable for casual duel.

Parry changes - Light parry frame advantage has been reduced to be consistent with heavy parry, guardbreak is no longer guaranteed, parrying too early consistently opens up your defence, if you miss the window you don't get effectively a free block.

Guardbreak edits, all attacks have a 0-100ms guardbreak vulnerability, before this it was easier to guardbreak than parry some lower attacks such as Shugoki charged attack.

Out of stamina changes, stamina regen will pause when dodging or blocking, blocks will be weaker and you will be unable to parry. Getting hit by a melee attack (warden, centurion etc) will only pause the stamina regen, not lower it again.

Chip damage is now 18% across the board for any attack, a full chain will take near a full health bar, however chip damage will not kill the opponent. They chose 18% because this provides on average one block of life against a full chain.

Revenge changes, revenge activation cannot be interuppted by melee attacks. Attacks in revenge cannot be interrupted by melee attacks. To balance this outgoing melee attacks no longer unbalance enemies, shield is increased to 70% hp bonus up from 50%. Outgoing attacks in revenge cannot be parried. Essentially revenge is the opposite state of out of stamina. One thing they will be keeping an eye on in PTS is will unblockables become too powerful in that state.

Flicker-They reduced the zone attack input buffer removing flicker. They dramatically reduced the buffer, you will have to be more synchronised with your timing. Zone might be harder to do as a result of this as the timing is tighter, in theory this only really affects people who were going for the flicker however, in tests people who were going for zone got zone.

People's rankings in tournaments from the last PTS carry over.

They have made a quick balance pass on the characters to ensure their changes won't overly unbalance things, however one of the goals with the PTS is to collect data so they can rebalance anything that is needed.

Q&A

Someone asked how to get stamina back given blocking and dodging pauses them, the answer was effectively don't go out of stamina. The pause will be a short one,you still regenerate between blocks but it will take longer.

They readdressed the raider point in a question, the patch was already in submission. This is perhaps something that Bear's point on transparency might have helped with.

Melee attacks are bashes, shoulder, headbutts etc.

Parries do not give guaranteed guardbreak period. To balance this parry does more stamina damage.

Team colour additions did not make patch certification, it will be in an upcoming patch in the new season.

Someone asked about shugoki going out of stamina on charged attack, they said they made a balance pass over the characters but this is the purpose of PTS, data and feedback.

Superior block will go unchanged, in the normal state it will work as it does today. Out of stamina superior block will not work. When out of stamina for sure the chip damage will apply, they were unsure if this was the case in regular, they will need to look at the patch notes which will be released.

They could try realistic mode in other 4v4s if their event test goes well. They tried it without revenge but that did not go all too well.

How will someone get stamina back against someone like peacekeeper/berserker was asked, they will be stronger in this state, they made the point however that while they have quick attacks that is going to be affecting their own stamina, they can only be reckless trying to punish out of stamina for so long before being in that state themselves. In out of stamina there is going to be a lot more likelihood that they will take damage.

Someone asked about controller bugs in the latest patch, news to the devs, Eric said pm or tweet him.

Conqueror eat dirt preview is different to the actual execution like the nobushi, the in game version is the latest version, videos are done a good deal sooner.

Someone asked if there are any plans for the game they would like to reveal, tune in next week.

They want to improve matchups in elimination to prevent people being matched up against the same person frequently.

Team is working on the alt-tab pc exploit on dominion.

Community corner clips were shown. That's a wrap.

They say there is no new hero news next week however it is so big Roman is coming off vacation early to be there (didn't he just have one?:p)

bmason1000
07-20-2017, 05:10 PM
Ooooh i love a good powerpoint haha

kweassa1
07-20-2017, 05:10 PM
Knees..... oh my eyes.... the travesty...!

xECS DESTROYER
07-20-2017, 05:23 PM
I really hope they add a single-pick variant for 4's game types going forward.

RatedChaotic
07-20-2017, 05:24 PM
Those 3 BTU guys........ 3 guys from the same clan has been top 3 for weeks in duels. One hell of a coincidence if you ask me....hmmmmmmm

Kinda sounds like those 3 know how to manipulate the system than being equally skilled enough to beat everyone thats not in BTU.

This tourney system needs reworked. Players getting disqualified and this coincidence. It couldve been done better

kweassa1
07-20-2017, 05:25 PM
1.3 million players in June alone huh...

It'd really be nice if the statistics were a bit more specific. My friends watching it are saying "They must mean total number of players logged on since launch, counting same people logging in daily multiple times" -- in which case quoting a faulty or misguiding statistic will only make the distrust deeper.

CandleInTheDark
07-20-2017, 05:26 PM

It'd really be nice if the statistics were a bit more specific. My friends watching it are saying "They must mean total number of players logged on since launch, counting same people logging in daily multiple times" -- in which case quoting a faulty or misguiding statistic will only make the distrust deeper.

Pretty sure he specified unique players in June, so I am assuming they are going off proper data, will relisten to that later to be sure.

BearKaji
07-20-2017, 05:27 PM

already made a thread on this just now this is just ridicioulus

kweassa1
07-20-2017, 05:31 PM
already made a thread on this just now this is just ridicioulus

Still, given the benefit of doubt, even embellishment comes from some baseline. Businesses don't just doctor fake numbers based on nothing. So if we assume them sneaky devs have "trick-footed" the numbers to seem bigger than it actually is by ten-fold, that's still 130 thousand.

I don't have any resistance in believing overall number of players may be a LOT bigger than people think.

(ps)... which probably just means us PC users are doomed... :rolleyes: oh yeah. Fighting games never do well in PC. (Tekken 7 on steam charts is now lower than 33% of initial peak player count after 1.5 months, btw...:D )

Gray360UK
07-20-2017, 06:02 PM
Wow! Huge Revenge changes, liking the sound of that very much indeed. Also liking the sound of 18% chip damage.

Not so sure about no Stamina regen while blocking or dodging though, Centurion is going to become a God / more of a God. He gets you out of Stamina and then you try to dodge or block to escape and you stay out of Stamina? Eek.

kweassa1
07-20-2017, 06:11 PM
Holy shi*..

Defensive Meta changes... are almost EXACTLY the stuff I've suggested.

I'll die a happy man. Can't wait for PTS now!!!

vgrimr_J
07-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Wow! Huge Revenge changes, liking the sound of that very much indeed. Also liking the sound of 18% chip damage.

Not so sure about no Stamina regen while blocking or dodging though, Centurion is going to become a God / more of a God. He gets you out of Stamina and then you try to dodge or block to escape and you stay out of Stamina? Eek.

i hope they are more looking in to this. at this point how im looking at it they didnt think it through.

Gray360UK
07-20-2017, 06:15 PM
i hope they are more looking in to this. at this point how im looking at it they didnt think it through.

I guess it's only going to be in the Public Test to start with, so hopefully if anything they are testing turns out to be a disaster they will be scrap that part. I can't see how they can add an increasing emphasis on characters that can remove your Stamina and then reduce your ability to get your Stamina back. I can't see that ending well at all.

Horus-31
07-20-2017, 06:16 PM

I'm fearing that too. But Roman also just said that "melee attack" (headbutts, shove, etc.) that were still eating your stamina when OOS will just pause the regeneration. Let's see how it balances out. Of course, if that hero had been fixed several weeks ago (as it should have been), it wouldn't interfere with the public testing next week...

Lyskir
07-20-2017, 06:17 PM
these changes scare the fck out of me, those oos stuff holy shiet

all heroes with super fast lights and ub spam will be complettly op and all heroes that relys on parrying like lb are fcked

no more heavy after parry and no gb, what is raider wihtout his charge then? his attacks are so slow
what is with LB wihtout his unblockable heavy after light parry?? and so on

its all about stamina drain now and that means a huge buff to cent

i hope it will not be that insane and we might wish the deff meta back

puuhh we will see

vgrimr_J
07-20-2017, 06:17 PM
I guess it's only going to be in the Public Test to start with, so hopefully if anything they are testing turns out to be a disaster they will be scrap that part. I can't see how they can add an increasing emphasis on characters that can remove your Stamina and then reduce your ability to get your Stamina back. I can't see that ending well at all.

100% true

kweassa1
07-20-2017, 06:25 PM
these changes scare the fck out of me, thos oos stuff holy shiet

all heroes with super fast lights and ub spam will be complettly op and all heroes that relys on parry light lb are fcked

Glass is half full, mate.

- On average light classes that DO use dodge more frequently will have much higher risk of running low on stamina, since more light attacks and dodges = much more stamina spent
- You're a lot more free to use your own attacks aggressively
- Slow and heavier classes, usually equipped with some sort of stamina busting attacks will have lot more dangerous attacks when laned against fast and nimble classes

xSkeletalx
07-20-2017, 06:26 PM
The changes sound good in general, and I like the OOS adjustments and Revenge changes (I'm really tired of activating Revenge and getting hit by standard attacks instead of forcing a knockdown, or having my attacks interrupted by standard attacks!) but RE:Centurion - the important thing is fixing the Centurion so he realistically fits into the meta (and general gameplay fun) they're going for, rather than allowing the Centurion to dictate anything about the meta changes.

Not sure why Roman has such an intense death-grip on such a horribly imbalanced class, but I think it's in the best interest of the game and community's health that he give it up and allow some significant changes to his "precious". The fact that we've had to deal with the Centurion in its current state since a week or two into the Season is pretty frustrating.

Lyskir
07-20-2017, 06:30 PM

agree

Oupyz
07-20-2017, 06:36 PM
great changes , enough staring contest , enough parry rewarding like crazy , now u block u eat chip damage u need to risk , u get oos u will be punished hard , its how the game should have been since release , the only thing that will feel bad is 4v4 dominion chip damage system wont work there , but the game will be way more fun in 1v1 , thanks god

Supercool5150
07-20-2017, 06:49 PM
Long Den today. Had to get up and walk away a few times. Thanks Candle for doing this so I could catch up on things I missed. You da man!

Vingrask
07-20-2017, 06:57 PM
Changes looks good!

There is only one Parry, the window is shorter and the GB isn't guaranteed anymore! Awesome! With this we can try our chains and the risk can be paid of! Because chip damage people still need to parry to change the momentum and need to commit themselves to a defensive style, because to win everybody now need to attack! They are giving what we asked for. Sweet!

Concerning the bTU guys, I played against one using my Berserker, he didn't throw a single move as a Raider until I got bored. I can say that was the most unfun match I had the entire For Honor life and any championship I participated (real and virtual), and the reason I droped the Hero Series. I asked the guys who faced the others and they said the same: those btu are the top example of a turtle. Any other consolidated fighting game this kind of gameplay wouldn't have a single chance. It's sad because I really tried PLAY, doing mixups increasing the complexity to land simple lights, to suddenly the guy guess right and hard punish me with a parry, throwing all my effort away.
Recipe to win the Hero Series: a hero with high HP pool; practice your parries until a light be easy to accomplish; look for the best punish possible. Done.

The finals will be a boring staring contest. Or if they play with the defensive patch already, it will be the most unfair championship I ever saw, because a lot of players would benefit of the new rules during the qualifying and we could have on finals real masters of their own heroes, not the masters of core mechanic abusing.

And at 44:00 of the video we have a guy holding two swords.

PrincessFreaddy
07-20-2017, 06:59 PM
I'm going to first see what these changes actually do once they hit the PTS, but I am also kinda worried. I'm a LB main, and using Blind Justice after a light parry is quite a big part of playing LB. If light parries will be treated like heavy parries, wouldn't Blind Justice be useless? It can't be feinted so there really aren't any mind games involved.

AzureSky.
07-20-2017, 06:59 PM
Those 3 BTU guys........ 3 guys from the same clan has been top 3 for weeks in duels. One hell of a coincidence if you ask me....hmmmmmmm

Kinda sounds like those 3 know how to manipulate the system than being equally skilled enough to beat everyone thats not in BTU.

This tourney system needs reworked. Players getting disqualified and this coincidence. It couldve been done better

I beat those 3 btu guys a lot of times already (in 1vs1 - 2vs2 and dominion mode) the problem is that in south america brazil was the only country allowed to play...... (dont know why... its P2P not server based)

so no, they are not cheating at all. its just that only brazil was allowed so they abused that.

Lyskir
07-20-2017, 07:34 PM
Changes looks good!

There is only one Parry, the window is shorter and the GB isn't guaranteed anymore! Awesome! With this we can try our chains and the risk can be paid of! Because chip damage people still need to parry to change the momentum and need to commit themselves to a defensive style, because to win everybody now need to attack! They are giving what we asked for. Sweet!

Concerning the bTU guys, I played against one using my Berserker, he didn't throw a single move as a Raider until I got bored. I can say that was the most unfun match I had the entire For Honor life and any championship I participated (real and virtual), and the reason I droped the Hero Series. I asked the guys who faced the others and they said the same: those btu are the top example of a turtle. Any other consolidated fighting game this kind of gameplay wouldn't have a single chance. It's sad because I really tried PLAY, doing mixups increasing the complexity to land simple lights, to suddenly the guy guess right and hard punish me with a parry, throwing all my effort away.
Recipe to win the Hero Series: a hero with high HP pool; practice your parries until a light be easy to accomplish; look for the best punish possible. Done.

The finals will be a boring staring contest. Or if they play with the defensive patch already, it will be the most unfair championship I ever saw, because a lot of players would benefit of the new rules during the qualifying and we could have on finals real masters of their own heroes, not the masters of core mechanic abusing.

And at 44:00 of the video we have a guy holding two swords.

are ur sure about that? with those changes u main goal is get ur enemy out of stamina in the first place, because thats a almost confirmend death( u cant really dodge, no stmaina reg while blocking, no parry + chip dmg) parry an attack drains even more stamina now ( at least they sayed that) and it seems that turtle and parry is the way to go

i rather eat chip dmg than get out of stamina with these new changes

SerArthur-Dayne
07-20-2017, 07:43 PM
Sounds good. I like everything except the dodge stamina drain/ pause... that just sounds unnecessarily unfun. I dont think thats needed at all, have to wait and try it out I guess. All in all im very excited :D

C00tBAjenkins
07-20-2017, 07:56 PM
Like what I hear about defensive play. Was worried about chip in 4v4 but with those revenge changes it should help even it out. No chip kills, happy to hear they went that way.

Funny thing, I just posted about hardcore mode not long ago. Pretty stoked about this.

CandleInTheDark
07-20-2017, 08:06 PM
Like what I hear about defensive play. Was worried about chip in 4v4 but with those revenge changes it should help even it out. No chip kills, happy to hear they went that way.

Funny thing, I just posted about hardcore mode not long ago. Pretty stoked about this.

Destiny did it in the crucible now and again, it was a good mode, going to be interesting to see how it plays out. I dislike losing assets though given the season is still up in the air, if it were next week I would put more time into it.

CandleInTheDark
07-20-2017, 08:29 PM
In regards to the player count, Luc's exact words were unique players in June. Would be nice to see that data to deal with the cynicism that met but if he specifically said in June then I am assuming they have some kind of data on that.

Vingrask
07-20-2017, 08:48 PM
are ur sure about that? with those changes u main goal is get ur enemy out of stamina in the first place, because thats a almost confirmend death( u cant really dodge, no stmaina reg while blocking, no parry + chip dmg) parry an attack drains even more stamina now ( at least they sayed that) and it seems that turtle and parry is the way to go

i rather eat chip dmg than get out of stamina with these new changes

As Roman said: don't go OOS. So you manage your risks, but now everybody need attack to win.

You try a chain until you think it's safe for your stamina. If the enemy didn't parry you chip their HP, if they do, you are still on control of your stamina, like happens today. I'm always managing my stamina because it is annoying run OOS, and those enemies who attack until deplete their bar knowing which punish OOS today is hard will need to rethink their gameplay (everybody faced a PK who do that and dodge until the end of days).

Your main goal is still win the round. Run OOS doesn't mean someone lost and your enemy is still playing under the same rules: they did a full charge when you are OOS, when you finally recover it's their time to pull back to recover. In fact this open more windows since nobody can win just defending anymore, and with a 3 minutes round plus the HP condition to win, well, For Honor is going to the right way.

Felis_Menari
07-20-2017, 10:12 PM
If the parry changes kill light parry>Blind Justice for my Lawbringer, I'm gonna be mad unless the animation is sped up quite a bit. Without any changes, it sounds like BJ will simply become parry bait, and that is not ok, not even a little.

x_Senduko_x
07-20-2017, 10:45 PM
With this stamina adjustems chars like raider and cent will **** the **** out of the people. and chars like the nobushi, kensei or orochi are getting more useless than ever. if this is the new "meta" alls classes need some kind of stamina drain like the raider.

Warlord parry = Stamina is gone
Shugoki light attack twiche = Stamina is gone
Lb some shoves = Stamina is gone
Cent random **** = Stamina is gone
Warden shoulder bash few times = Stamina is gone
Conq shield bash = Stamina is gone
Raider 1 stunning tap into stampede = Stamina is gone

And their idea that blocked attacks and dashing pauses the stmina gain is simply ridicolous against this draining monsters.

I see hard times for all Berserker, Orochi, Nobushi and kenseis out there

bmason1000
07-21-2017, 01:24 AM
Berserker has a stamina drain off of guard break, if that makes a difference? With revenge changes, being less worried about parry, chip damage and being pretty skilled at stamina management(i feint a lot, so its a skill i need), i actually predict my berserker game doing very well with these changes.

Vakris_One
07-21-2017, 03:10 AM
Ok, so we're going to be getting a stamina drain/revenge mode meta instead of the defense meta - and well stamina drain is pretty much the defence meta anyway, i.e. parries, except that running out of stamina will be twice as dangerous. The Centurion will become a God basically.

Um.....

I don't like what I'm seeing. It looks as if they haven't thought the whole stamina thing through.

1) Everybody is going to be $#*t scared of running out of stamina so that means more turtling.

2) Parrying and characters that specialise in draining stamina will become the meta - that's essentially the defense meta again but now further narrowing the list of viable characters down to basically the Centurion.

3) No parrying when out of stamina, and a pause in stamina recovery when dodging or blocking means we are basically screwed in the out of stamina state. We have no options available when out of stamina except to wait, which in reality means die. So basically going out of stamina will pretty much mean you are dead.

As for the revenge mode tweaks, I can't see that ending well either. You cannot be parried and your attacks cannot be disrupted even by shoves now. So that will essentially make characters with unblockables certifiable Gods while in revenge mode. With my Kensei I can switch on an ability that makes all my attacks unblockable for a short time, so I pop revenge as well and go ham. 4v1s won't be fair to the 4 other guys in that situation, LOL! Revenge mode will now basically guarrantee all smart enemies will disengage and run away from you till it runs out.

No, I don't see how this will be an improvement. Out of stamina will equal = you're completely screwed. And Revenge mode will equal = the iWin button. I didn't think it was possible but... these 2 proposed changes actually sound WORSE than the defense meta!

nufrancis
07-21-2017, 03:11 AM
With this stamina adjustems chars like raider and cent will **** the **** out of the people. and chars like the nobushi, kensei or orochi are getting more useless than ever. if this is the new "meta" alls classes need some kind of stamina drain like the raider.

And their idea that blocked attacks and dashing pauses the stmina gain is simply ridicolous against this draining monsters.

Agreed with you.

With this stamina mechanic change, hero with stamina debuff attack will have advantage, especially cent, raider, and LB

This also will change players decision making in choosing gears. Gears with stamina regen and stamina cost reduction will be more important than attack or defense.

Kensei users will have to be very carefull when attacking with top heavy UB,

Nobushi HS will be used less. Whereas change of chip damage and also timing change of light parry will have good effect on her.

I like the idea of chip damage and also mechanic change of parry. I believe warden and warlord users will affected greatly because those hero is the best for parrying.

So in this public test only light attack guaranteed after parry?

Vakris_One
07-21-2017, 03:21 AM

Yeah, basically the Samurai roster is f****d. As if Kensei and Orochi needed to be made even less viable. And the Centurion is heavily favoured - draining monster, lots of stamina of his own, unblockable that leads into a mini cutscene of damage - pop that during revenge mode and it can't be parried. Fantastic!

Not.

Vakris_One
07-21-2017, 03:51 AM
These changes will kill off a large portion of the character roster. Basically the only truly viable characters left will be:
Centurion
Warlord

That's pretty pathetic. Especially how it seems the devs are basically balancing the game around favouring all of the Centurion's strengths. Warlord is only really hanging in there because he has a bit of everything. When did For Honor become For Centurions?

cragar212
07-21-2017, 04:06 AM

It seemed odd to me they wouldn't use a standard industry measuring tool like DAU (daily active users). Why they randomly cherry picked this number is odd. I have also never seen a studio try so hard to defend its active player count.

The lady doth protest too much methinks.

My.Insanity
07-21-2017, 08:21 AM
Im a little bit worried about this defensive changes.... Raider will be very very strong... same goes for Centurio and Warlord..

like i told in countless threads before.. Heros with Parry combos and Heros with great Stamina drain will be God Tier.

I agree that OOS should be more punishable because in the current state you just doge a little bit back or block attacks which dont realy do chip dmg. Maybe the Devs should take a look in some Heros and nerf/Buff them so they dont become a total nightmare for example:

Raider - reduce the stamina drain from charged Stampede
Centurio - reduce his Stamina pool at all and reduce the Stamina dmg from his punches and kicks (he still got a 3x punch after GB isnt that enough?)
Nobushi - increase Stamina pool or reduce stamina consume in HS

and maybe give all Heros a parry follow up combo like the Warlord, which need to be used in a very small time window after a parry and gives a chance of a more rewarding attack.
(with rewarding attack i dont mean a guaranteed heavy or so.. Warlords parry followup can be blocked too)

C00tBAjenkins
07-21-2017, 08:39 AM
Obviously, character's will be tweaked after a final patch is lined out. It's been said that after the patch pretty much all samurai and conq will be tweaked.

Personally, I'm not to worried about OOS. It's going to be a major change from the current play style to me is a good thing. I think the whole idea here is to go max in one direction with the meta to make obvious problems shine. Then dial it back. You want to see the extreme outcome to scale the whole change to. I really don't think much of it will make it out of the PTS without changes to some characters at the same time. It's obvious the stamina drainers will need tweaks. But those few aside how does it effect the rest? Specifically in terms of turtling and opening up the rest of that character's kit.

I think the participation for this PTS will rise and the data and feedback will be much higher. In the end a solid outcome. They addressed most of the big issues in the last PTS so I don't have much doubt about this one going just as well or better.

Also, big news next week that's not about new hero's......could be wishfull thinking but approval for servers? Im not sure what else it could be. They got tourney mode, doing a ESL tourney, new game mode announced, def meta, PTS info. If it's not about season 3 hero's what else could be that big of news?

Knight_Raime
07-21-2017, 08:55 AM
I'm really loving the fact that we finally have details now. Even more stoked that the parry tool is now more for stopping combos/a way into your own. rather than simply being the best option all the time to get free damage.

Draghmar
07-21-2017, 09:29 AM
It seemed odd to me they wouldn't use a standard industry measuring tool like DAU (daily active users). Why they randomly cherry picked this number is odd. I have also never seen a studio try so hard to defend its active player count.

The lady doth protest too much methinks.
That could be because they included also pirated versions to make the number higher.
Also it's better to say 1.3 million then 1800 per hour on all three platforms which would be roughly 600 per platform. Of course this is only simple arithmetic average so at peak hours, where more people are playing (after work o school) there are more people per hour.

Eastw00tz.Pyro
07-21-2017, 09:37 AM
wait wait wait...

that stamina changes.
Does this mean, when im out of stamina and the Centurion or Raider for example are spamming their unblockables, im completely wracked?!
Cause dodging isnt option an option too.

That means: out of stamina --> dead

Wow... guys, are you really kidding me?

CandleInTheDark
07-21-2017, 10:21 AM
Dodging and blocking still work, I think only the actual dodge or the point of impact pause the regen as Roman said even blocking a full chain the regen would be going up albeit slower and they removed the ability for the stam drain characters to constantly put you back at zero regen. It is dangerous, you will very likely take damage, but their view appears to be it won't be a game ender, especially as the opponent will still need to manage their own stamina, raiders, for example, couldn't just spam zone.

Draghmar
07-21-2017, 10:36 AM
[...] raiders, for example, couldn't just spam zone.
But I think they will. Situations like this won't occur at the beginning of the fight when everyone has 100% HP but rather later when both players will have lower HP. When OOS gives debuff to dodge speed, take away parry and already attack this left you with almost nothing against UB. So if your dodge fail you'll eat UB...so it's quite safe to assume that people will spam it because it will give them great chance of killing opponent.
At least I see it this way at the moment. Soon we will have the opportunity to test this.

C00tBAjenkins
07-21-2017, 11:03 AM
But I think they will. Situations like this won't occur at the beginning of the fight when everyone has 100% HP but rather later when both players will have lower HP. When OOS gives debuff to dodge speed, take away parry and already attack this left you with almost nothing against UB. So if your dodge fail you'll eat UB...so it's quite safe to assume that people will spam it because it will give them great chance of killing opponent.
At least I see it this way at the moment. Soon we will have the opportunity to test this.
You can see his UB a mile away. Even a nerfed dodge should still be viable. How much stamina does it cost him? If you spam it and miss you are OOS. Guess who has it back at that point? Its going to really change how people play and that's what I'm really interested in. More use of the character kits not just the ultra safe moves 100% of the time.

Draghmar
07-21-2017, 11:16 AM
You can see his UB a mile away. Even a nerfed dodge should still be viable. How much stamina does it cost him? If you spam it and miss you are OOS. Guess who has it back at that point? Its going to really change how people play and that's what I'm really interested in. More use of the character kits not just the ultra safe moves 100% of the time.
Yes, I hope that what will happen. But at the same time I'm afraid it won't be so amazing like Roman described.

CandleInTheDark
07-21-2017, 11:22 AM
Yeah what I meant was more say he tries that twice looking for a kill and whiffs both, he's in trouble the moment you have your stamina back, but yeah it will depend on exactly how much the debuff affects the person out of stamina. They did say they need to look at things like raider's unblockable and see if it will have a heavier impact than intended.

C00tBAjenkins
07-21-2017, 12:06 PM
Yes, I hope that what will happen. But at the same time I'm afraid it won't be so amazing like Roman described.

I don't know about amazing either. I can almost guarantee some unforseen imbalance due to dev testers on a different playing lvl than the community. I can see cent being a sore spot. Then again, with chip, parry nerf, and low health pool he might be less of mennace than people realize.

Revenge buff is going to make it interesting as well. It might be more of a problem than OOS. Gank squads will have a much harder time that's for sure. Luckily they changed the gain values already.

Gray360UK
07-21-2017, 12:24 PM
. They did say they need to look at things like raider's unblockable and see if it will have a heavier impact than intended.

Wasn't that in Revenge mode though, where you will no longer be able to parry Unblockables? They were worried that might make classes like the Raider with Unblockables they can spam with unlimited Stamina too powerful if you can neither block nor parry the incoming move. Personally, not seeing the problem, stop ganking the Raider for 5 seconds - problem solved.

It shouldn't be as bad when you're OOS because like you've said elsewhere, the Raider still has to manage his Stamina and can't just Zone you to death.

Felis_Menari
07-21-2017, 01:08 PM
Wasn't that in Revenge mode though, where you will no longer be able to parry Unblockables? They were worried that might make classes like the Raider with Unblockables they can spam with unlimited Stamina too powerful if you can neither block nor parry the incoming move. Personally, not seeing the problem, stop ganking the Raider for 5 seconds - problem solved.

It shouldn't be as bad when you're OOS because like you've said elsewhere, the Raider still has to manage his Stamina and can't just Zone you to death.

Revenge is going to happen at times; there's simply no avoiding it. And when that happens, it'll be ok for Raiders to have an "I win!" Button? Yeah, no.

CandleInTheDark
07-21-2017, 02:22 PM

Ah yeah that was with revenge in mind not out of stamina, I had been thinking of the whole not parrying thing and I was getting a quick comment in before having to go out but it's two states that has been taken away so didn't make the distinction.

Revenge is going to happen at times; there's simply no avoiding it. And when that happens, it'll be ok for Raiders to have an "I win!" Button? Yeah, no.

You need to be more careful around the raider, yeah, making sure you don't get unbalanced when he activates revenge is going to be pretty important but it won't be a state he will be in forever. But yeah this is what the devs specifically said they would be looking at.

x_Senduko_x
07-21-2017, 08:28 PM
I predict that the raider, the warlord, the centurion and the shugoki with their massive drains will be the new gods of for Honor.

I mean Warlord drain after a parry is what? 80% ? 2 parrys and u be forced to be defensive or u get OOS and ****ed ^^
Same on the shugoki 2 hitting lights and u are OOS
and the list goes on.

And exhausting recovery will be the most important stat.

RatedChaotic
07-22-2017, 04:49 PM
I beat those 3 btu guys a lot of times already (in 1vs1 - 2vs2 and dominion mode) the problem is that in south america brazil was the only country allowed to play...... (dont know why... its P2P not server based)

so no, they are not cheating at all. its just that only brazil was allowed so they abused that.

I think I said manipulating the system. Kinda like you did here^^

fretti21
07-27-2017, 01:38 PM
Dodging and blocking still work, I think only the actual dodge or the point of impact pause the regen as Roman said even blocking a full chain the regen would be going up albeit slower and they removed the ability for the stam drain characters to constantly put you back at zero regen. It is dangerous, you will very likely take damage, but their view appears to be it won't be a game ender, especially as the opponent will still need to manage their own stamina, raiders, for example, couldn't just spam zone.

Well baiting a dodge from UB to get GB...

Elementalchange
07-27-2017, 02:29 PM
Oh dear god, Centurion is a nightmare as it is if he catches you with low or no stamina, he is going to rip into people now and needs a Nerf to compensate. Easiest fix reduce stamina drain from kicks and punches and or increase stamina use of kick and punches.

Also this seems a major blow for low stamina hero's.

As for chip damage low health hero are going to get battered by the large health hero, especially as they all come with hard hitting lightning quick, light attacks. and heros with shields should get a bonus for having a freaking shield.

Is Valks pounces going to be fixed so they don't cause a free GB from being blocked, seems stupid as hell that a parry isn't guaranteed gb but a light pounce is?

This seems to me to be giving the hero with high health and stamina a major advantage over their lower health and stamina hero, i.g. Valk, Shinobi.

Other than that i like the changes