PDA

View Full Version : Community requested map editor features

Farcryisdead
07-19-2017, 09:07 AM
If you could only choose one new feature to be added to the far cry 5 map editor what would it be (excluding hosting options) I would choose a custom made object save folder on the map editor wheel so you can cut and paste this item the from folder to any map you create. all you need is a save custom object to folder button.

Fallen-Champ
07-19-2017, 02:01 PM
Teleporter or Jump Ramps - I liked Quake and Halo and could do some crazy stuff with either one of those in multiplayer maps, The Rakshasa had teleporting arrows in FC4's MP so it must be doable.

Even better if the teleporter would also take say a quad - that would be interesting.
Jump pads were insane ion the Gunscape editor, would be better if you could raise / lower the angle and add / reduce speed to control where the player will land (using a modifier for no fall damage would be perfect for jump pads)

akilyoung
07-19-2017, 02:27 PM
This is hard, cause theres lots I would like to see, and what you mentioned is definitely one of them!

Placing gameplay items unground and still validating the map would be nice, but isnt at the top of my list.

I would probably say either scaleable or snapable building blocks that can be skinned with various textured to make walls/ceilings/whatever. They would be excellent for making indoor maps and custom buildings. As long as there was a LOT of textures to pick for them XD

But they MUST be able to snap together.

Fallen-Champ
07-19-2017, 02:47 PM
Placing gameplay items under-ground and still validating the map would be nice

You can do this with ladders, vehicles, extraction points and more - I just placed a ladder under terrain in a map I am currently making, same as placing ladders in water it's all doable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hLeC-x2bdY

DapperHayden007
07-20-2017, 01:50 AM
If you could only choose one new feature to be added to the far cry 5 map editor what would it be (excluding hosting options) I would choose a custom made object save folder on the map editor wheel so you can cut and paste this item the from folder to any map you create. all you need is a save custom object to folder button.

I always said Blueprints would be a great addition to the game, the only problem being is that i'd assume it would take a lot more than just save custom object button, i'd assume it would have it's own database, which you can share custom object sets on, some sort of function to save the object as a single item rather than a bunch of items and what not

hopefully we'll see something like this in the future, I've been after such feature since FC2

Steve64b
07-20-2017, 03:44 PM
It would be cool to surprise players with more varied and story-driven custom maps' (sub)objectives, like requiring a certain weapon to kill a specific target, retrieving an item and dropping it off at a secondary location.

To make this happen, I'd love to see some basic interactive events / 'scripting' in the game.Being able to make some simple IF (condition) THEN (action) constructs, linked to various objects. For example:

IF (player REACHES this location) THEN (SPAWN a target object) to make enemies 'appear' in an ambush.

IF (player INTERACTS with object) THEN (MOVE target object to x,y,z @ Angle xyz) to make a remote 'switch' that opens a door.

IF (player PICKS UP this object) THEN (SHOW QUESTMESSAGE 'Yesterday, I finally escaped the cult! I used a secret exit in the basement that leads to the big tree nex to the river.') Bit of story-telling and map hints.

IF (player REACHES objective pointer_1) THEN (DESPAWN objective pointer_1 and SPAWN objective pointer_2) to make missions with 'successive' objective locations. A 'race track' would be possible this way too, by chaining these rules, finally followed by a 'Spawn extraction point' for the finish. :)

On a related note: in FC4, I wanted to have an alternative method of travelling 'upward', like an 'elevator'. With scripting, it could perhaps possible to build a simple 'block' that would move up and down on a pattern. Applying that same pattern to multiple objects would allow you to make a simple lift, something like demonstrated in the Far Cry 1 Sandbox: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJ4YxREs6Ig

The FC1 sandbox editor is probably a bit too complex/advanced though, FC5's Editor should be as simple as possible for people to pick up! :)

ImGonaG3tUsucka
07-21-2017, 04:08 PM
I think all these ideas are great. I know I would like to update or erase my own published maps. Also to lock out my published map. There are just too many copied maps. Even on top maps there are multiple maps that are the same. Its make the game look bad, also questions whether anyone from Ubisoft ever looks at this. I am sure there is a lot going on with the new game. So we will see...
I really hope that the map editing feature in the game is very successful, so we can always look for improvement down the road, instead of features from it being taken out. multiplayer on custom maps, hosting a list of maps, etc.

akilyoung
07-21-2017, 08:23 PM
YES the ability to update or delete a map from the server is a MUST

If I update it, it should push the update to people who already have the map, and update it prior to them playing it again, without removing the amount of downloads and ratings on the map!

truesurv1val
07-22-2017, 08:26 AM
Nice suggestions above, had a think about it but not so easy to pick one from a long list.

I go for borders 2.0. Im bit bored with you have 10 seconds to return to the battlefield. You know what i mean.

I suggest multiple borders with multiple animations that show all kinds of different ways you die ,when you cross the border for to long. Like, stepping on a mine, bear attack or headshot sniper. These just a little example., So many ways to go.

Borders within borders, you can ad several borders across the map, that you can assign an end animation to, this way you can create deathtraps or corridors where you have to move. Also would be nice if you can set the time your self when the end is there.

Also would like to see an invisible block border where only bullits can pass tru, this can be handy sometimes.

And no flashing text in the middle of the screen. It can be more subtile.

akilyoung
07-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Hey TS! Been a long time dude! Hope youre doing well, Come say hi at battlemap.net !!

And those are interesting ideas, never heard of or thought of a varying border system. Seems like it would be possible by highlighting the lines between the nodes and selecting parameters in a menu. Should be easy to implement imo...

Fallen-Champ
07-22-2017, 02:25 PM
There were people saying have a shark so if you swim too far out in the sea the shark kills you - I think it was like that in Crysis - it was a comment pre FC3.

I would much prefer 5 seconds on the border because with 10 seconds you can travel quite far however some of those who make Escape maps can put in timed sections using the border in creating an area that when you get over the line the 10 seconds kicks in and you have to get to the next invisible line of the border or you respawn - it acts like a checkpoint.

So if it were made to 5 seconds that would affect that even though it isn't used a lot, thats the issue when changing things someone will like it and someone else wont.

akilyoung
07-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Another thing I have thought of for years is different map size dimensions.

We have square, but rectangle would be good too, if it is narrower than the current square, maybe it could be LONGER too, which could be handy for a more linear SP/MP map.

You dont always need a big perfect square, but sometimes you wish it could be really long, especially with vehicles, indoor maps and CTF style maps etc...

Steve64b
07-24-2017, 01:12 PM
a day/night cycleKinda like the one Fino modded in FC4:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PK6iTgYrbs#t=0m18s https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PK6iTgYrbs#t=0m18s

I think that would indeed be a feature that's best implemented in maps rather than a match setting. After all, people may just build a daylight map and not place lighting objects in a daylight map. Playing those at night may prove to be too dark to play. Unless there are night vision goggles? Flashlights would give the players' location away too fast. :P

Fallen-Champ
07-24-2017, 04:26 PM
Kinda like the one Fino modded in FC4

That is how it worked in Far Cry 2 with multiplayer maps the day / night cycle changed as did the weather, it was sometimes really good but you could publish a map during the day and when hosting it the map could randomly play starting at night with fog and rain so we had very little control.

It would be superb to have the ability to pick the time of day and set it as we can in FC4 but also to have the option to select auto day/night, unsure how that would work maybe the actual map file could have the code injected which the mod uses - I have no idea if that is even possible.

TAW-Sharky09
07-24-2017, 10:00 PM
For me its only 1 option: Ability to use mapeditor in multiplayer.
When its like FC4, I will NOT put my energy into mapping when its only for single player map. Sorry, probably bunch of people who disagree. But for me that was reason I stayed with FC3.

Fallen-Champ
08-02-2017, 01:55 PM
Its a shame the younger players in their early 20's havn't experienced a really good Far Cry MP yet. They missed out on FC2's.

Believe it or not there were massive numbers who initially snubbed Far Cry 2's multiplayer when it first released I was one of them, lots from the Instincts games hated it because of the huge changes they forced.

Went from 12 vehicles down to 6 slow vehicles, the glider handling in FC2 was horrible, went from weapon / health / armor placement to the Weapon Class system and manual healing.

5 Good MP game modes down to 4 decent modes, Hosting options were similar as FCIP allowed 16 players, lobby etc it allowed teams of 2,3 or 4 so if you wanted you could play 4 teams of 4 (no other Far Cry did that)

You could knife people while swimming / under water, it had ziplines.
Far Cry 2 had a much better editor but those who made obstacle course maps found that the terrain didn't work the same and V-Slides were not really possible - we got destructible items though and a lot of fun stuff with FC2 - It was also odd having the time of day dynamic because you might want to make a day time map and when you hosted it could be rainy foggy at night but in other ways that was pretty cool.

Eventually I went back to Far Cry 2 and enjoyed it for what it was but I honestly can't say it had a good multiplayer.
Those pop ups in the middle of the screen and constant votes were annoying and been voted out of matches for doing well I hated that, the player running then getting that blurred vision was a pain and turning was like a big arc - Without the MP numbers and Lobby / Dedicated Server Far Cry 2's MP would have died quicker than FC3's

DapperHayden007
08-02-2017, 05:29 PM
I'm in my early 20's, Played Far Cry 2 as a 13 year old. Best Multiplayer game I've ever played if i'm honest, the map editor just made it 100x more interesting :)

TAW-Sharky09
08-02-2017, 09:23 PM
I'm in my early 20's, Played Far Cry 2 as a 13 year old. Best Multiplayer game I've ever played if i'm honest, the map editor just made it 100x more interesting http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png

My thoughts exactly! The editor make this game series so much interesting, can make multiplayer so much interesting. So really hope Ubi learned and listened and realisted that this time around they give the community what they want. Good flexible MP and editor to match it.
Fingers crossed

akilyoung
08-03-2017, 12:57 AM
Dang son, I knew you were young when we were playing FC2, but I didnt realize you were THAT young!

DapperHayden007
08-03-2017, 09:26 PM
that's when I first started, now, 9/10 years later i'm still making maps like many of us have :)

Fallen-Champ
08-17-2017, 01:37 PM
I would like to see the ability to respawn in the SP/Coop maps we make.

So like a checkpoint type system ?
The number of lives is also very interesting especially if the person making it could alter that from say 5 to 1 to make the map harder.

GramaJohn
08-27-2017, 04:22 AM
The fishing looks awesome. I made a map in FC4 called "Royce Unit Hunt" that could be better if fishing were available.

I'd like to continue with the idea of hunting, fishing and gardening.

- Add fishing and multiplayer fishing tournament tools to the map editor.

-If possible, placement of individual fish of various sizes and variety. Leaderboards for fish caught per player made map, interactive fish tanks players can place trophy fish or fish of choice in for display. Large 100+ gallon tanks that can be decorated and fish can be fed, and animal mount displays of player trophy animals or favorite animals hunted.

CAFFEIN8TED
09-03-2017, 02:42 PM
We can currently tilt objects on the x, y or z axis which is fantastic but if we select a group of objects we can only use the manually rotate option which is still good with being able to rotate on the different axes but to be able to rotate an exact number of degrees would make things alot easier to line up etc.

Just to add to this I'd like a grouping option when you select multiple objects so they lock together. Therefore if you decorate a house or make a custom object you can select one of the objects in the grouping and they all select on a single click and can all be moved together, rotated, etc... maybe once the grouping is selected a second click on an object then selects the individual object. Would allow to build things in an empty part of the map, group them and then position where you need it. Then any future adjustments will be much easier.

DapperHayden007
09-03-2017, 08:27 PM
Or if you are building a custom structure (or like a building decorated with many items) be able to save that grouping so you can just select it whenever you want - even in a new map or another map.

So Like a blueprints system :rolleyes:

leemercury
09-04-2017, 02:09 AM
eliminate AI limit and allow players to add as many ai characters as they want, just leave warning of possible crash if player adds too much

Steve64b
09-07-2017, 12:30 AM
Thinking in lines of the FC4 editor, it'd help to be able to selectively toggle objects' visibility. For example, I want to see my map stripped of everything except the AI Waves. Then I can better see whether the AI is spread evenly, because the display isn't cluttered with placed objects & other (ammo) icons.

And also some requests that may be handy in the editor's "gameplay" mode:
- Toggle the actual navmesh. Navmesh can change when objects are moved or blown up.
- Show AI's intention (line going to chosen target wander area, 'cone' indicating viewpoint & awareness level)
- Show Animation Point cooldown and duration timers

I _think_ in FC4 it should be possible to make a 'patrol route' by chaining Animation Points. But in practice it's hard to position and determine the points' properties so they will fire exactly like intended. While having the above suggestions would help debug this, perhaps the FC5 Editor will do things differently altogether?

PS. On a side note to the devs: from a modder's perspective it would be awesome when the spawner could spawn archetypeId's that have been used in the map, yet may be missing from the entityarchetypeslibrary. Some published FC4 maps were created with mods that need to be applied to the player's game in order for the map to work properly. Implementing instantiation of entities for which the blueprint is embedded in the custom map would help combat this partially. :D

GhostWind905
09-11-2017, 03:59 AM
I'm not sure if the dev's put any of our requests into consideration, of if the features are already written in stone. Besides bringing back the FC2 style multiplayer which I believe is a no brainer, here are a few requests I am interested in seeing. If it is not possible I understand, but here is what I would enjoy:

- Editable nav mesh.
The option to paint where you want the AI to be able to navigate. I get frustrated by having to make objects slightly protrude from the ground to block AI from going into areas I don't want them to. In my Goldeneye map, I had to have blocks poke out of the ground to stop the AI from all rushing to the gun shots. I wanted to be able to clear each area of AI, not have a large battle in one hallway, then walk for a long time to the next encounter.

-AI objectives.
The ability to give the AI specific objectives in a map could open up a whole different experience with the editor. Giving the objectives such as guard an area, attack a target, patrol an area, search and destroy, use mounted weapon, etc.. for both enemy and freindly AI. Often the AI are just standing around like the Walmart greeter, or walking up to and facing a wall instead of an open area. Also giving the freindly AI a "follow me" command. Being able to select the desired objective area size also.

-More destructible / physics objects.
Breakeable wood, bricks,walls, and glass. This was a favorite of mine from FarCry2. I made a map called SpaceStationShowdown, where there were two long parallel sections connected by glass tunnels. If a player was caught half way in the tunnel, you could shoot the glass from under them and watch them fall into oblivion.

-smaller water layer areas.
There are times when the size or specific location of a water layer are interfering with the layout of a map. I try to see where the layers will be at the beginning of design so I can plan the layout, but often it becomes too difficult to work with. The ability to have smaller water layers would allow greater freedom with map layout.

-Option to permanently disable alerts such as budget grid.
I am often frustrated by the constant pop up of the budget grid every time I touch an object in my map. There should be an option after the first warning to disable the pop ups from constantly appearing.

-Objects below terrain.
If I am able to cut a hole into the terrain to create access during gameplay, Why are certain objects not allowed to be below terrain? It's a bit hard to create a hidden underground area without ladders and such.

-Multiplayer spawn types
The removal of multiplayer from the editor was removing the reason I got into FarCry to begin with. The shared spawn points in FarCry3 were good for certain types of maps, but not having side specific spawn points made it not possible to have attack and defend type maps, or king of the hill types. It also didn't allow for a type of map I loved in FarCry2 multiplayer which was no crossing sniper vs sniper maps. You only spawned on your side and couldn't cross to the other side, forcing you to use sniper tactics. The shared spawn points in FarCry3 killed this type of map.

-More types of lighting.
One of my favorite parts of the editor is using the lighting features. Things like fire, candles, tube lights etc. all give different feels to a map depending on what you use. I would like to see more types of lighting such as a TV that is left on, electrical sparks, strobes, night club style lighting, neon signs, flashing police lights, etc... The more the merrier.

-symmetrical building blocks.
When I want to create a large structure, or a customized object, often the options only allow using objects that are uneven. This leaves a part sticking out and takes away from the intended look.

-More decals.
I think the potential for decals has been overlooked in the editor. There could be whole letter fonts in different sizes, graffitti, road markings, object texture decals such as cloth, hardwood or tile floor, warning signs, glowing radioactive spills, etc....all placed in sub catagories within the decal folder.

-Importing images onto the terrain and certain objects.
Photorealism is what separates good games from great games. The ability to import jpeg images onto the terrain would open up the ability to create photo realistic terrain. At the same time, doing this with some building blocks, players would be able to recreate real life objects and terrain that was hard to tell the difference in screenshots. If a player wanted to try the level, they would have to download the map similar to what it is now, but would also be downloading it with the custom additions. The customized objects could be in a seperate custom folder so they dont get mixed up with the original content.

-creating a component.
Most mappers enjoy creating their own abstract objects, such as tanks, aircraft, naval ships, etc... The ability to select the created object and save it as a locked component and adding it to a custom folder would make it easy to use during the map creation.

-Copy components from one map to another.
Being able to copy the created component and import it into a new map. Some maps are used soley for object creation. I havn't been able to transfer creations from one map to another in FC4. I could do this in FC3 and found it very useful and time saving.

-Selecting rotation points.
The object rotation tool is difficult when rotating many objects. Some times it rotated concentric to the highlighted object, but often it ends up way off to the side, even when use center of selection option is checked. If there were the ability to choose the rotation point, it would save on time wasted on correcting positions.

Viragoxv535
09-11-2017, 10:42 AM
Ghost Fart.

wind dynamics

:)

GhostWind905
09-11-2017, 11:09 PM
Lol having fun with my name are you? I will remain silent on that topic. lol

Anyways, I forgot a couple ideas:

-Usable doors.
Doors that can be opened, such as exterior doors, interior, industrial, prison, marine, vault, garage, glass, hatches, etc.. and locked doors that can be broken down. Some doors should also allow bullets to travel through them.

-More animated objects.
Things like waving flags, rotating fan blades, security monitors with moving images. etc..

-Glow in the dark ground textures.
Things like lava, radio active spills, burning embers, etc..

Canadian Beer42
09-12-2017, 02:58 AM
I really want the water layers to have an adjustable radius. Especiallly for when you're trying to make a puddle or a pond and you can't.

TRASH85
09-12-2017, 09:04 AM
I would be happy if the editor and lobby system are the same as fc2 but if were wish 4 new i want last man standing ( battle royal ) game mode and cuff an stuff where u can hand cuff ppl hold them 4 ransom maybe prison , make the players interacf lil more on these bigger maps

Fallen-Champ
09-12-2017, 12:51 PM
-Glow in the dark ground textures.
Things like lava, radio active spills, burning embers, etc..
http://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/Xbox360/FC2/ED2DAD643CFA/1106160813_1.jpg?itok=JLlB0tHL
This map called Escape Wigs Mind 7 shows how cool illuminous terrain could look.
http://www.fcmaps.net/sites/default/files/styles/medium/public/screenshots/Xbox360/FC2/ED2DAD643CFA/1106160813_4.jpg?itok=IIfCkAmE
He also tried to simulate Lava by using the red wings of a plane, Lava would be pretty cool but unsure if it would be limited with the number of maps that used it.

Fallen-Champ
09-12-2017, 07:47 PM
I think it be nice to invite people into our unpublished maps to beta test. Just to get a flow before we publish it. Also get a feel how the spawns work or not working right.

We had that option in Far Cry 2 and if you guys remember you had the option to allow people to download and keep the unpublished file or only join and not have the option to keep the map file.
This allowed people to test work in progress maps or also work on cooperative map projects, you could also set it to invite only so no outsiders could get in.

GhostWind905
09-29-2017, 02:26 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a larger map size, and also a larger diameter bump tool. I would like to see the bump tool size to be spanning across the whole map width. This would help me to create better planetary maps as the current size is too small. Also I would like to see the option to remove the horizon in the background as you can see in the picture I linked here. I don't mind the sun being there at the night time setting on the environment tab, this kind of created a distant solar effect. But the horizon kind of ruins it. To have only dark sky and stars would have completed this visual along with a larger radius bump tool. The video at the bottom is created by Zoltan Imre of a map I made using the bump tool to create a small planet.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/photo/103569737813259348512/6471004091876211138?icm=false&iso=true

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzpKyQP-xvM

jmesa33
03-28-2018, 12:32 AM
I'm surprised I only saw one person talking about scripting tools for the editor. That is a huge bummer for me coming from DOOM SnapMaps, because it has a node based scripting that would allow people to do all sorts unqine ideas. Crazy boss battles, cutscenes, triggered events, hell someone even made a DOOM MOBA. I can understand that this is just supposed to be a map making tool but creators could have made much more diverse content if this had been more of a mod tool. Besides a lot of the features you guys are asking for could have been possible with some sort of scripting tools.